Heh, I just found out that Arris bought Motorola and rebadged their cable TV boxes like DCX3510 model (Navigator instead of iGuide). So, maybe you guys can help me as a newbie since my parents replaced the older Motorola ones with Time Warner Cable (TWC) a few weeks ago:
1. How does one access this connected DVR remotely outside of home to manage the DVR like to schedule timers to record stuff? I assume it is in TWC's web site after logging in, but I cannot find it? Or is this not
available? I read it is an option?
2. Can DVR's RC122 do skips (e.g., 30 seconds) instead of fast forwarding (FFing)?
3. I noticed these Arris cable boxes have Apps. Is there an online store to download and install more like Apple's?
4. Is there a way to add default paddings to new recordings? Like always five/5 minutes before and after recordings?
5. Where is the technical information (e.g., signals) at like Motorola's boxes with RC button to power on to that white screen instead of iGuide?
6. Is there a way to show the information guide in each changed channel to show ALL details by default instead pressing the RC's info button twice?
7. Why does it take so long to boot up these new Arris cable boxes? Waiting about five/5 minutes is too long compared to old Motorola cable boxes! This would be annoying when power cycling from outages, reboots,
8. Can I hook up an external HDD for more disk spaces and to use on
9. Is there a way to save my real-time recording (not manual and scheduled) before changing to another channel?
10. How do we view more than one week in its Guide?
Thank you in advance.