Official AVS Motorola DCX series HD DVR Topic! - Page 163 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 41Likes

Old 05-30-2015, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by troobo View Post
Has this issue been addressed in the thread? http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r297...ARC-Orlando-FL

The DCX-3600 box completely breaks the HDMI-CEC/ARC connection on my Samsung HU8550 tv and Sony HT-XT1 sound bar. It's maddening, because the only solution as far as I know - is to connect the TV and soundbar via optical cable (which introduces audio sync issues), or to connect the DVR box and TV via component cable.

You can get everything working together, but as soon as you turn the TV off and back on again, it's broken - the only way to get sound from the ARC connection is to completely disconnect the DVR box HDMI cable. Someone at DSL Reports accurately likened it to "throwing an HDMI time bomb into your home theater system."

Seems like a nasty bug that could potentially be resolved via firmware? Anyone experienced this or figured out a decent fix!?
I just picked up this box today and was wondering why my HDMI-CEC broke... I hope it gets fixed soon.
phildaant likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2015, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
i got the Arris DCX3600M from time warner late last yr- substituted it for the Cisco 8742 whose HDMI worked fine for yrs-
HDMI CEC hasn't worked normally in 6 months. Have to manually turn off the Yamaha receiver where it always turned off when Sony TV went off-. Also using the netflix TV app now no longer gets netflix audio (audio comes from whatever DVR is tuned to)- had to use toslink audio from TV to yamaha AVR to get audio from netflix on TV. I'm not counting on any fix.

Other than these two issues- so nice having 6 tuners- never a conflict & double the storage.
phildaant likes this.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crony View Post
I just picked up this box today and was wondering why my HDMI-CEC broke... I hope it gets fixed soon.
I put a 3 way HDMI splitter between my box and my receiver and that effectively filtered out the CEC jamming nonsense.
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Question "Please wait..."

Hello.

This one/1 was new to me after I turned on the Arris/Motorola DCX3510 DVR after 10 PM PDT while it was recording my scheduled Mr. Robot pilot. It said "Please wait." for a few seconds. And then, I clicked on Menu and it also said the same for a few seconds.

What's up? Was it a software upgrade or something? I last used the DVR was late last night to watch my recorded NBC's I Can Do That episode. Has anyone run into this before?

Thank you in advance.
Old Today, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Hello.

This one/1 was new to me after I turned on the Arris/Motorola DCX3510 DVR after 10 PM PDT while it was recording my scheduled Mr. Robot pilot. It said "Please wait." for a few seconds. And then, I clicked on Menu and it also said the same for a few seconds.

What's up? Was it a software upgrade or something? I last used the DVR was late last night to watch my recorded NBC's I Can Do That episode. Has anyone run into this before?

Thank you in advance.
I often see the "Please Wait.." message when I press the On Demand button, but I don't recall seeing it anywhere else. Perhaps you caught the system just at the point when it was trying hard to do other things.
phildaant likes this.
Old Today, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbeaux View Post
I often see the "Please Wait.." message when I press the On Demand button, but I don't recall seeing it anywhere else. Perhaps you caught the system just at the point when it was trying hard to do other things.
Yeah, I see it with on demand too. The only thing happening during that time was recording (one tuner though) from USA Today's channel 67(?) for Mr. Robot's pilot (good!). I hope it is not a DVR failure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement