Deconstructing Paul Simon's You Can Call Me Al - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-26-2016, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Deconstructing Paul Simon's You Can Call Me Al

This week I’m going to de-construct the soundstage on Paul Simon’s groundbreaking 1986 hit You Can Call Me Al. I used a pair of KEF R900’s powered by a Parasound J1/J2 monoblock/preamp pairing and a Musical Fidelity A1008 CD player.

This is a pretty elaborate recording, engineered by Roy Halee who worked with Simon throughout his career. The tracks were recorded to an analog machine and then edited digitally.

Most of the Graceland album was recorded at Ovation in New York over a two week period in February, 1985. Editing was done at the Hit Factory, also in New York. Other tracks were recorded at London's Abbey Road for (Homeless) and Amigo Studios in Los Angeles (Linda Ronstadt's vocal on 'Under African Skies' and Los Lobos on 'All Around The World Or The Myth Of Fingerprints). Further recording was done at the Hit Factory in April 1986.

The one track on the album recorded entirely at the Hit Factory was the album's first single, 'You Can Call Me Al'.

Read the full break down here.

For more information please visit KEFDirect.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply KEF Music Lounge

Tags
Kef , kef blog , kef music , paul simon , you can call me al

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page