Comb Filters, Speakers Stands, And The Bass You Are Missing - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-13-2017, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Comb Filters, Speakers Stands, And The Bass You Are Missing

I have my LS50W test set on a pair of stands in my office. My room is pretty lively, but I’ve got the speakers tuned and positioned for a really excellent flat response throughout the range. Or so I thought.

I had been using a pair of wooden stands I’ve had for years. Admittedly they weren’t really great stands, but I never really used bookshelf speakers on free stands for serious listening prior to getting my LS50Ws so I was never in the market for a stand upgrade.

KEF Custom LS50 Speaker Stand

I got myself a pair of our new bespoke LS50 stands recently, and what I heard the first time I listened to my heretofore properly tuned and positioned LS50Ws was nothing short of a revelation. It’s really difficult to hear subtle room differences with a Youtube video, so a couple of pictures and a few words will have to suffice. But trust me, the difference was noticeable and startling.

Read the full article here.

For more information please visit KEFDirect.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply KEF Music Lounge

Tags
Kef , kef ls50 wireless , kef ls50w , kef music , kef speakers , ls50 wireless , speaker stands

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page