-60. "Dawn of the Dead (1978)"
- "Following an ever-growing epidemic of zombies that have risen from the dead, two Philadelphia SWAT team members, a traffic reporter, and his television-executive girlfriend seek refuge in a secluded shopping mall."
Zombies again. Very slow and boring zombies.... just like this movie.61. "Jue ming pai dui" (Invitation Only)
- "Ordinary young men and women often dream of the unreachable life of the worlds idle rich. Wade, Richard, Hitomi, Holly and Lin certainly do. They have all received an invitation to an exclusive party held by a group of rich & famous people. It is the best party ever, a wishing game takes place where their deepest desires materialize but ..the wishing game turns into a killing game in which they are the tortured victims and a rich audience the sadistic spectators. To escape from the party and survive is now their only dream."
Not knowing what to expect from Taiwan's first slasher movie "Invitation Only" I was a little skeptical. The first 20 minutes or so did not look very promising, except of course for Maria Ozawa's
(the Japanese Porn star) sex scene. Fortunately everything started to pickup after the demise of Ms Ozawa's character.
I must say, I was pleasantly surprised with the remainder of the film (except for the shaky cam foot chase). There's plenty of blood and gore presented in some unique 'kills'. One in particular involves
There are of course the usual plot holes and some unintentional comedy but neither distract from the film.
Recommended.62. "Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead"
- "A group of people find themselves trapped in the backwoods of West Virginia, fighting for their lives against a group of vicious and horribly disfigured inbred cannibals."
The tag line for "Wrong Turn 3" is: 'What You Don't See Will Kill You'
Watching this movie will kill you.... with it's stupidity! One of the TV adds says something like "So scary it could not be shown in theaters"; what they meant to say is "So sh*tty it could not be shown in theaters".
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen (except for perhaps the first 10 minutes). Some of the 'kills' are inventive, unfortunately the CGI is worst than most presented on the Syfy channel and the makeup for 'Three Finger' and his clan is atrocious!
Wait for it on cable or sat.63. "Doghouse"
- "The battle of the sexes just got bloody.......... A group of men head to a remote village to help one of their friends get over his divorce; when they get there, though, they discover that all the women have been infected with a virus that makes them man-hating cannibals. "
Zombie cannibal women! Not bad for a comedy/horror in the vein of "Shaun of the Dead
" albeit not quite as good.
"What kind of a virus only affects women?"
"Bird Flu."64. "Gui si" (Silk)
- "A team of scientists led by Hashimoto has managed to capture the energy of a ghost child, thanks to their newly invented device called Menger Sponge. The child, isolated in an empty flat, moves his lips to words no one understands. Hashimoto enlists special agent Ye Qi-Dong, who is able to read on lips, in order to figure out how this child can shed light on life...and especially life after death... "
Original story, SFX are good (except for the CGI car crash), I would agree with everything LugNutX said.
Best of the day - "Gui si" (Silk) followed by "Jue ming pai dui" (Invitation Only)