October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 121 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 244Likes

post #3601 of 10847 Old 10-30-2012, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

My wife is down with Ice Road Ancient Alien Bigfoot Hoarders that say yes to the dress.

She occasionally puts it on the All Men Are Evil Channel (Lifetime) but not very often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3602 of 10847 Old 10-30-2012, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:

My wife is down with Ice Road Ancient Alien Bigfoot Hoarders that say yes to the dress.
Our wives have similar taste, last night she passed up House of 1000 Corpses to watch Project Runway's Top Chef Dance Moms Walking Dead Wife Swap American Horror Story. eek.giftongue.gif

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #3603 of 10847 Old 10-30-2012, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 163
"And let me guess... she enjoys TLC's "Mutant Children and Bizarre Tumor Surgeries" or whatever the hell freak show they have on these days?"
"Yes, and heavily addicted to Ice Road Ancient Alien Bigfoot Hoarders."
"My wife is down with Ice Road Ancient Alien Bigfoot Hoarders that say yes to the dress."
"She occasionally puts it on the All Men Are Evil Channel (Lifetime) but not very often."
"Our wives have similar taste, last night she passed up House of 1000 Corpses to watch Project Runway's Top Chef Dance Moms Walking Dead Wife Swap American Horror Story."

I'll leave this here if it's OK with everyone. tongue.gif

"I am NOT suffering from insanity... I happen to be enjoying myself!"

post #3604 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

62- Poltergeist. So well put together and serves to many as their first scary movie that still scares them to this day. Having the hots for Jobeth in this movie doesn't hurt either. Lines from this movie permeate my vocabulary and it's no rarity to hear "this house is clean" or "they're heeeaaarrrr" at my house from myself or the wife. Also, f**k clown dolls. On a side note a recent 5-6 miles of highway that bypasses my town was under construction and during the dirt work 40 Native American bodies were dug up they did not relocate them. So as your tires click clack on the road in the dark early mornings...
63- In the Mouth of Madness. I just don't like this movie. Sorry.

We decided to watch Beetlejuice tonight as the Trick or Treaters filter in and out.
post #3605 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 167
33. Mystics in Bali (FTV)
Okay, where do I start with this one? First of all, how many Indonesian horror movies (from 1981, no less) have you seen? Still with me? In this film, a female anthropologist goes to Bali trying to learn about local magic, specifically a witch-like being called a Le-ack who can transform into any animal at will. She and and a local man encounter the constantly (ridiculously) cackling witch who agrees to take on the woman as a sort of witch intern. Soon enough, they're bringing the witch blood in milk bottles for her to drink with her 10-foot long tounge, and the two are transforming into pigs and snakes (after a night as a snake, the woman vomits up some live mice. Nice touch.) However, the most outrageous visual in this film is when the witch magically removes the girl's head, vital organs dangling beneath it, and it flies through the town on a bloody rampage, sucking a live fetus out of a pregnant woman, and then returning to its host body. I am not kidding here. Yes, the acting is bad and the special effects are strictly basement-grade, but the visuals are so over-the-top, you won't believe your eyes. One of the weirdest movies you'll ever see.

Bob's October 2012 Horror Movie List
FTV denotes first time viewing
1. The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945) (FTV)
2. Santa Sangre (FTV)
3. Seance On A Wet Afternoon (FTV)
4. Martyrs (FTV)
5. I Saw the Devil (FTV)
6. The Loved Ones (FTV)
7. Seconds Apart (FTV)
8. And Now the Screaming Starts! (FTV)
9. Blind Beast (FTV)
10. The Curse of Frankenstein (FTV)
11. Black Sheep (FTV)
12. Cry of the Banshee (FTV)
13. A Bucket of Blood (FTV)
14. The Haunted Palace (FTV)
15. The Silent House (La Casa Muda) (FTV)
16. Lemora, A Child's Tale of the Supernatural (FTV)
17. Long Weekend (1978) (FTV)
18. Witchcraft (1964) (FTV)
19. The Innkeepers (FTV)
20. Frankenweenie (FTV)
21. Cabin in the Woods
22. Pieces (FTV)
23. I Drink Your Blood (FTV)
24. Ghost Ship (FTV)
25. Just Before Dawn (FTV)
26. The Bad Seed
27. The Theater Bizarre (FTV)
28. The Strangers (FTV)
29. Blood and Roses (FTV)
30. The Haunting of Julia (aka Full Circle) (FTV)
31. Horrors of the Black Museum (FTV)
32. Tower of London (1962) (FTV)

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #3606 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Got up early this morning and watched what unfortunetely is probably my final movie for the month. Only made 22 this month, 9 short of the one a day we shoot for, but too many personal problems relating to my brother-in-laws health this month to do better. Some of you guys did awesome.

This has been so great, i love this month every year, what a great bunch of people in this thread, thanks to everyone for so much enjoyment this month.

I finished the month with a movie i had to watch:

THE SHINING

Not much can be said that hasnt already been said about The Shining, i love this movie, i love Jack in it, its absolutely a 5-Zombie movie for me.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL HERE!!!!!!!!

MOVIES WATCHED OCTOBER 2012:

01- The Butcher - 3 Zombies
02- Zombie Diaries 2 (World of the Dead) - 1/2 Zombie
03- Inferno of Torture - 1-1/2 Zombies
04- The Woman - 3 Zombies
05- Zombie - 3 Zombies
06- Dead Hooker In A Trunk - 1/2 Zombie
07- Shogun Joy Of Torture - 3 Zombies
08- House of Flesh Mannequins - 1/8 Zombies
09- The Lost - 1 Zombie
10- La Petite Mort - 3-1/2 Zombies
11- Schoolgirl In Cement - 1/2 Zombie
12- Stockholm Syndrome - 3 Zombies
13- Neighbor - 3-1/2 Zombies
14- Devil Seed - 1 Zombie
15- The Divide - 3-3/4 Zombies
16- Hostel - 4.5 Zombies
17- Resident Evil Apocolypse - 4.25 Zombies
18- The Hills Have Eyes - 5 Zombies
19- Inbred - 4 Zombies
20- Cloverfield - 4-1/2 Zombies
21- MOH Imprint - 4-1/4 Zombies
22- The Shining - 5 Zombies

never take life seriously
post #3607 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 71
The Thing 1982
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/

Wow, I had forgotten how much I love this movie. I enjoy the original black and white film also but John Carpenter's take on "The Thing" is a lot of fun. Full of 80's animatronic, air bladder pumping, blood squirting goodness. Kurt Russell is just enjoyable for me in anything he does because of his cool attitude and toughguy take on life at anything that gets thrown at him. From the opening credits and eiry musical score to the creature effects, this movie is just so well done, especially for an 80's movie. I have seen the latest remake and of course the original and I have to say that this version is my favorite. It ticks all the right boxes for me in not only the horror genre but sci-fi too of course.

Unfortunately, this may be my last movie of the month as we will be busy tonight. I didn't get anywhere near the movie a day mark, probably more like a total of 16 movies. What a ride though and it's been great following you guys progress and reading your take on these movies. I feel like I have made some new forum friends as a result of this thread and I'm stoked for next year and getting a movie a day watched! I kind of consider this Halloween WEEK so I'm sure we will catch our favorites maybe Friday night or over the weekend as time permits.

Happy Halloween! eek.gifbiggrin.gif
post #3608 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

Apollo, Jeepers and a Paranormal Activity cash grab get a higher grade than Hellraiser? Ouch! I thought Clive's movie held up pretty well but I guess watching it for the first time in 2012 might have a different impact. It's always interesting to see how the old stuff does on seasoned fan's first viewings (Fright Night etc.). In all fairness I loved JC and only saw the first PA so can't knock the other installments. smile.gif

Actually, I had seen bits and pieces over the years but can't recall seeing the whole thing at one time (not until a few days ago). Like I stated, I really enjoyed the story and imagination but the much of the acting and effects were really tough to swallow. So now after watching so many horror flicks these past several years, there really haven't been that many "classics" that hold their own compared to newer offerings (IMO). Of course, there have been some amazing exceptions though (the 1st two installments of Friday the 13th and Halloween, Black Christmas, The Exorcist and The Shining come to mind). The last 3 are among the best horror I've seen. Its been awhile, but I think Barker did a lot better with Candyman than Hellraiser.
post #3609 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

62- Poltergeist. So well put together and serves to many as their first scary movie that still scares them to this day. Having the hots for Jobeth in this movie doesn't hurt either. Lines from this movie permeate my vocabulary and it's no rarity to hear "this house is clean" or "they're heeeaaarrrr" at my house from myself or the wife. Also, f**k clown dolls. On a side note a recent 5-6 miles of highway that bypasses my town was under construction and during the dirt work 40 Native American bodies were dug up they did not relocate them. So as your tires click clack on the road in the dark early mornings...
63- In the Mouth of Madness. I just don't like this movie. Sorry.
We decided to watch Beetlejuice tonight as the Trick or Treaters filter in and out.

You, good sir, just saved me from pounding out a critique for tonight. Since we watched the following last night, I'll return the favor. wink.gif

Beetlejuice (1988) - What can I say? Burton nailed it. He purposely kept the storyline nebulous and didn't try to tackle any big themes that would eventually bog down the action. He also went old school on the special effects and did a miraculous job. Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin are a young married couple living in rural Connecticut who meet their end in a freak auto accident. They discover that they are not only dead but stuck "after" living in their house. Enter the new residents; Jeffery Jones, Catherine O'Hara and Winona Ryder. Between the bureaucratic red tape in the afterlife, Michael Keaton as a off-your-rocker bio-exorcist, and annoying new tenants, Geena and Alec are at wits end. Bottom line? Life in the afterworld is just as confusing as being alive. Unlike a lot of '80s films, this one wears well. Easily 5 head-spinning Zombies.

post #3610 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post

The Thing 1982
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/
Wow, I had forgotten how much I love this movie. I enjoy the original black and white film also but John Carpenter's take on "The Thing" is a lot of fun. Full of 80's animatronic, air bladder pumping, blood squirting goodness. Kurt Russell is just enjoyable for me in anything he does because of his cool attitude and toughguy take on life at anything that gets thrown at him. From the opening credits and eiry musical score to the creature effects, this movie is just so well done, especially for an 80's movie. I have seen the latest remake and of course the original and I have to say that this version is my favorite. It ticks all the right boxes for me in not only the horror genre but sci-fi too of course.

Watched this earlier in the month when I didn't have time to type anything. I remember the original scaring the bejesus out of me as a kid (remember James Arness as the creature?) John Carpenter's version brought back all the jitters and multiplied it by 10. All I can add is, there are a lot of blu-rays you rent but only a few you buy. This is one that I can proudly say is in my collection.

I probably won't have time to watch a "two-fer" this evening but I might rent "Inbred" for tomorrow night and put the young one to bed early.

P.S. Looking forward to some stellar photos from those of you going whole hog on the Halloween decorations.

post #3611 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

Actually, I had seen bits and pieces over the years but can't recall seeing the whole thing at one time (not until a few days ago). Like I stated, I really enjoyed the story and imagination but the much of the acting and effects were really tough to swallow. So now after watching so many horror flicks these past several years, there really haven't that many "classics" that hold their own compared to newer offerings (IMO). Of course, there have been some amazing exceptions though (the 1st two installments of Friday the 13th and Halloween, Black Christmas, The Exorcist and The Shining come to mind). The last 3 are among the best horror I've seen. Its been awhile, but I think Barker did a lot better with Candyman than Hellraiser.

I can definitely see where you're coming from on the acting. The effects hold a special place in my heart so I might be biased. smile.gif

Happy Halloween everyone! I've been playing catchup since 1AM to hit the 31 total. just 3 more to go today.

Lovely Molly - Wow. Watched this one with the headphones on and it creeped me out like nobody's business. The audio and what we don't see is far scarier than any visuals the director could have given us. Except for that one part outside (WTF! OMG!). Fine job by both lead actors too. There were parts those two were so good I forgot I was watching a horror movie. A shame that Johnny Lewis couldn't have escaped his real life demons. frown.gif

V/H/S - What a piece of trash. Thankful I got to see this on the free HDNET preview because if I paid $12 I'd be pissed. This movie should be called B/R/O/S. So many douchebags, so much time. 2 hours? Couldn't wait for people to start getting killed. Ti West's installment with the couple traveling was OK. I could sit and rip the other videos to pieces but I'll save the energy. Brad Miska clearly just cashing in on "found footage" and "horror anthology" since that's a hot commodity these days. BOO (not the scary boo)!!!

Trick 'r Treat - Perfection. Like Dominos Pizza this just keeps delivering. I think each year I favor one of the stories more. This year was the school kids. The sequence with them on the bus is beautiful!

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #3612 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

My last 3 flicks leading up to Halloween:

28. Christine (1983)- {4.25/5} AMC I’m sure you all know the background behind the Stephen King story turned John Carpenter film, so no need to go into all of that. I caught this one in the morning before work the other day on AMC and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I have seen it before, but this was like a first-time viewing since I didn’t really recall how the story goes down. Keith Gordon as “Arnie” does an excellent job in his role as he transitions from a nerd to an egocentric rebel who slowly becomes obsessed with his Plymouth Fury. I thought the overall pacing was solid and all of the acting was very good (especially compared to other movies in the same period). The different ways the car was able to kill people were entertaining to say the least. With regard to the special effects, they definitely appeared to be ahead of their time as the car transformations were quite impressive. The final sequence was especially fun. Great movie!

29. The Shining (1980)- {5/5} HD DVD From the opening scene to the closing credits, this movie was an absolute pleasure to watch. Since I started participating in this thread, this has been the only movie that has received a perfect 5 in my rating system. It just doesn’t get any better folks! I love everything about it and in my opinion; this is the single best horror movie in history. To add onto that, I think that Jack Torrance is one of the most memorable characters in the history of film in general. I can’t imagine anyone doing a better job of playing him than Nicholson did. Beautiful cinematography, fantastic writing, great acting and a bone-chilling story all combine to make this the perfect horror movie.

30. The House of the Devil (2009)- {4.75/5} Blu-ray My comments and rating from previous years will stand as this year’s viewing was just as enjoyable as all the others. This one has now made my “favorites” list and will likely be watched every October. This is the first time watching it on my 106” screen though and it made the purposeful graininess really stand out. Very nice touch by my man Ti West! This is how slow-cooked horror is supposed to be executed. There are a number of scenes that I love, but when she wakes up on the “offering” table and the foundation-destroying-bass thumps kick in………its got to be one of the coolest moments I can ever remember in a horror movie!

Very excited to see pics/videos/short-stories/costumes or whatever else people have in store for tonight. My wife and I went “all out” this year and carved several (fake) pumpkins and bought a fog machine to hopefully create a spooky little atmosphere in our yard. Test runs proved to be less than ideal as the fog dissipated and rose into the air too quickly. Looks like I need to figure out a “chiller” apparatus to use to keep the fog colder than air temperature. Unfortunately, that’s not gonna happen this year because of time constraints so we’ll have to take that on for next year. If I get something together that is worth sharing, I’ll be sure to do so.

Anyway, Happy Halloween to everyone and have a good time tonight!!! For us, it’s gonna be House of 1000 Corpses and Trick ‘r Treat to finish things out.
post #3613 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Great stuff guys. I love all your classic, final movie of the month choices!

In continuing that...I went with...Pumpkinhead II 1994. redface.gif
Where do I start with this. The first one with Lance Henrikson, and directed by Stan Winston, was pretty good for the time - and a valid horror flic.
This one - not so much. tongue.gif It starts off SO HOKIE with terrible make-up, and actions that just don't make sense. It just lets you know right away this is not a quality production. It slowly gets better, but is a very uneven mess for the first half of the movie - even for me. biggrin.gif The cast is pretty good with some recognizable faces and some folks that probably never worked after this. I found myself enjoying the 2nd half as the kids finally started getting offed and rooting for Mr Head to put some of these actors out of their misery. smile.gif I am a sucker for a creature feature so, you know, there's that. tongue.gif
2 1/2 franchise killing Zombies

Horror flicks for October 2012
1- Jeepers Creepers 2001 - 3 1/2 Zombies
2 - Area 407 2012 (first view) - 1 Zombie that has no legs or arms
3- Halloween 1978 - 4 Zombies
4- The Day 2011 (first view) - 2 1/2 Zombies
5- Nosferatu 1922! (first view) - 3 Old School Zombies
6- American Werewolf in London 1981 - 3 1/2 Zombies
7- The Loved Ones 2009 (first view) - 4 Zombies
8- TEETH 2007 - 3 Neutered Zombies
9- Black Christmas 2006 (first view) - 3 80's throwback Zombies
10- Touristas 2006 (first view) - 3 1/2 Zombies in Bikinis
11- Vampire's Embrace 1991 (first view) - 1/2 Twilight Vampire
12- The Collector 2009 (first view )- 3 1/2 Zombies
13- Prometheus 2012 - 4 1/2 face hugger Zombies
14- Monster House 2006 - 3 Kiddy Zombies
15- Bloodrayne 1 2005 (first view) - 1 1/2 Ewe Bol Zombies
16- Bloodrayne 2 2007 (first view) - 1 1/2 Ewe Bol Zombies
17- Hotel Transylvania 2012 (first view) - 2 1/2 Kiddy Zombies
18- Wrong Turn 4 2011 (first view) - 2 1/2 Inbred Zombies
19- Forbidden World 1981 (first view) - 2 1/2 B Zombies
20- Prometheus 2012 - 4 1/2 face hugger Zombies
21- 49ers Vs. Giants NFL game - ZERO DOA Zombies
22- The Cabin in the Woods 2012 (first view) - 4 Zombies
23- BAIT 2012 (first view) - 2 1/2 Aussie Zombies
24- Penumbra 2011 (first view) - 2 1/2 hot Argentinian Zombies
25- The Final Destination 2009 (first view) - 2 Zombies
26- RABID 1977 (first view) - 1 1/2 Zombies
27- Thirst 2009 (first view) - 3 Kinda Icky Zombies
28- Army of Darkness - 4 Fun Zombies
29- Ravenous 1999 (first view) 2 1/2 Zombies
30- Halloween H20 1998 (first view) 2 Zombies
31- Scary or Die 2012 (first view) 1 1/2 Anthology Zombies
32- The Wicker man 1973 (first view) 2 Hipster Zombies
33- The Gravedancers 2006 (first view) 4 Zombies
34- Cronos 1993 (first view) 2 Zombies
35- The House of the Devil 2009 (first view) - 3 1/2 Lori Doppleganger Zombies
36- Jeepers Creepers 2 2003 - 3 1/2 Creeper Zombies
37- The Wicker Tree 2010 (first view) - 1 1/2 lame Zombies
38- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 2012 (fist view) - 3 1/2 historic Zombies
39- The Return of the Living Dead 1985 - 5 Linnea Quigly dancing Zombies
40- Re-Animator 1985 - 3 glowing Zombies
41- Killer Clowns from Outer Space 1988 (first view) 3 1/2 KILLER CLOWNS
42- Pumpkinhead II 1994 (first view) 2 1/2 franchise killing Zombies

30 first views!

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
post #3614 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

64- The Witches of Eastwick. Quite entertaining movie about 3 women who conjure up a man and get more than they bargained for. More puke than Lard Ass ever did in Stand By Me. Jack Nicholson owns this role and oozes off the screen. HD Net Movies

I forgot I watched this last night. Wife enjoys it, except for the puking, and it is generally a good movie with really good casting. Fun times.
post #3615 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Great stuff guys. I love all your classic, final movie of the month choices!
In continuing that...I went with...Pumpkinhead II 1994. redface.gif

Ha! Good one.

31 Days of Horror:

post #3616 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Great lists guys! This has been a very busy month for me and I'm kinda bummed that between the warm weather here and everything else I've had going on I have not had as much time to really take in the spirit and enjoy the movies like I have in years past. All the same I did get in some great flicks this year and will be posting my list and a video of my haunted house shortly!

My Rig

post #3617 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Without further delay, here is my mini-haunt created in part of my garage featuring the CFX Boogeyman mask, enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/70697935

Here is my list however I may be able to add one or two more to it today.

1. The Tunnel- 2 Zombies
A small news crew attempt to investigate a government coverup of homeless disappearances, water resources, and other events within the abandoned subway tunnels beneath Sydney. There were just too many easily corrected things about this that bothered me. It was filmed in a "found footage/post interview" style but felt more like a cheesy Discovery Channel reenactment. Some of the atmosphere was decent and it had brief moments of "creepy" but the other issues just kept drawing me out of the story.

2. Ghost Ship - 3 Zombies
This is a mildy fun movie with a very young Karl Urban and Desmond Harrington (Quinn from Dexter). Great atmosphere and a few decent scenes but fairly high cheese factor, especially at the end but still a cool premis of a ghost ship being used to collect souls for "management".

3. Turistas - 3.5 Zombies
Your standard "travel to brazil and get your organs harvested" type of movie. This is a guilty pleasure of mine, nothing really new or original with this one but Melissa George, Olivia Wilde, and Josh Duhmel make it pretty worth while, plus there is some prety cringe worthy gore.

4. The Devil's Advocate - 5 Zombies
This may not be classified as horror depending on who you ask but for people of faith (myself included) this is firmly planted in the psychological horror genre and does it's job well. I wont bother with the synopsis but Charlize Theron and Al Pacino are just brilliant from start to finish! The entire premise of this film and suggestions it makes with respect to free will, influence, and the devil having offspring on the earth (among other things) is terrifying to contemplate in this context. Well Done!

5. Return of the Living Dead - 3.5 Zombies
I watched this last year as well and it has been a long time 80's favorite (hence my "send.more.paramedics"). Just a downright fun zombie movie with some great sfx for its time, a must see for any zombie lover!

6. The Crazies - 4 Zombies
I never saw the original but I really enjoyed this movie. Timothy Olyphant is just so animated and fun to watch. Not too gory, lot of jump scares but good pacing and an entertaining little zombie flick. I do have soem gripes but I'll leave them out since I've voiced them before.

7. The Legend of Hell House - 3 Zombies
I'd never seen this before and caught some of it a couple weeks ago and thought it looked like a fun older horror flick so added to NF instant. I enjoyed this one, that atmosphere and old set designs are just great. Acting was decent, no big scares or anything but a great atmosphere movie for the Halloween spirit!

8. Jeepers Creepers - 3.5 Zombies
Solid monster movie, terrible transfer on bluray. This one is a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the premis and idea behind the Creeper. Looking forward to the 3rd one which should connect well with the original.

9. Triangle - 5 Zombies
Wizzack and I must have been on the same page last night. Triangle is a grade A top tier mind fawk. Psychological horror at its best IMO. Melissa George is simply brilliant and the writer/director of this film is seriously under appreciated. For anyone that thinks Inception and Prometheus were deep you need to see this (and Mulholland Dr.) for some contrast.

10. Exit Humanity - 4 Zombies
Just when you think there are no ideas left in the zombie genre something like this comes along. The story is crafted and executed so well it could almost be placed in the drama category. I know this movie has already been covered by a couple others so I wont repeat or rehash but I will say this is the most refreshing zombie flick I've sen since Pontypool, highly recommended!

11. Antichrist - 4 Zombies
This is my second viewing on this and while it made a tad more sense than the first time it is still probably this biggest WTF movie I have ever seen. Not so much because it is a mind twisting head scratcher but because it is so far beyond totally eff'd I can't even begin to try and explain it or review it. It probably deserves 5 Zombies but I have some issues with it that hold it back for me.

12. Lovely Molly - 3.5 Zombies
I expected this one to be more of a head game than it was but still pretty solid in that arena. The actress playing Molly does a fantastic job and she sells the hell out of crazy beeotch. More gore than I expected but less ghost story elements than I thought after watching the trailer. This kind of reminded me of The Silent House in a way and I'm sure house of you who have seen both would agree.

13. The Loved Ones - 5 Zombies
This is just too damn fun t be anything less than a perfect score. Oodles of gore and dark comedy laced together with some stellar performances and stunning A/V. The actress playing Lola is phenomenal... just when I thought Molly was crazy this on a different level!

14. Amityville Horror (2005) - 3.5 Zombies
This is another remake that I feel gets an unjust amount of criticism, I never thought the original was all that great to begin with... then again I'll take Melissa George over Margot Kidder hands down. I enjoyed the elements added to this version, particularly the history of the house and the extra room they find... good stuff!

15. Suspiria - 4 Zombies
Bluray Region B locked. This movie could easily be a 5 Zombie film with less cornball acting but the set design, lighting, and score are just brilliant. Unfortunately I'v not found any other of Argento's film to strike me as this one did but solid flick and great atmosphere for Halloween.

16. Storm of the Century - 3.5 Zombies
Storm of the Century is a made for TV movie based on the Stephen King book of the same name. A small village island off the mainland is preparing for largest storm of the century and with it arrives a strange visitor who murders one a lonely old woman on the island. Once taken into custody the town losses all communications with the mainland and the visitor starts making some of the towns folks kill themselves and others. It's clear this visitor is here with a purpose and is not a man, he repeats over and over "give me what I want and I'll go away". Storm of the Century could have really been a 5 star flick with a bit more budget and focus. There are some undoubtedly creepy things going on with this film, one of which refers to the mass disappearance of the missing colony from Roanoke Virginia in 1587. A macabre and frightening explanation is dangled but not fully revealed and the townsfolk have to decide if they want to give the visitor what he wants or meet the same fate.

17. Wake Wood - 2 Zombies
Wake Wood is a story set in a modern day small village where where a couple goes to start a new life after losing their daughter. This is a bit of a Pet Sematary style flick but with a bit more finase surrounding certain aspect and far less imagination when it comes time to deliver the goods. Really a shame because the first half has a lot going for it and falls flat for most of the second part of the film. In closing I would just say thanks for nothing tomato meter you worthless crap bag.

18. The Shining - 4.5 Zombies
Nothing to say about this masterpiece that has not been said before, just brilliant! I take half a star off because Shelley Duvall is a lousy actress and her character is annoying.

19. Bram Stokers Dracula - 3 Zombies
Not really a horror film by our standards but still pretty enjoyable and has a great overall tone for the Halloween vibe. Gary Oldman is just excellent as he is in everything.

20. Inside (À l'intérieur) - 3.5 Zombies
I really can't believe that knowing how eff'd up this movie is I would willingly watch it a second time in my life... good grief this is just brutal! If you want to squirm in discomfort while witnessing the most gruesome images to every grace your display check it out. Otherwise, take my word for it and enjoy not having those images burned in your brain! I'll have to watch Seven or something to cheer up from this!

21. Sweeney Todd - 5 Zombies
I watch this on every year and say pretty much the same things every year. This is in my top 5 all time favorites/desert island movies. The music, the story, the AV, all just amazing!

22. Disturbia - 2 Zombies
Sometimes previews are pretty well done as was the case with Disturbia. I was convinced this would be a solid thriller, maybe even horror but instead I got over and hour of adolescent romance garbage and about 20 minutes of worth while material. I'd never seen this and could not tell you what the fuss was about... meh.

23. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) - 3 Zombies
What better way to remedy a bad chick flick thriller than to watch some dope smokin hippies get chainsawed. Throw in the great Sgt. Lee Emery and some well used lighting and this remake wasn't half bad! Could have used some more gore but all in all there were some noteworthy moments created here!

24. Sphere - 1.5 Zombies
First time viewing and what a let down... had some interesting things going for it but overall I found it very dull. I give it 1 1/2 scuba zombies.

25. The Funhouse - 1 1/2 Zombies
First time watching this 1981 Tobe Hooper film and it was mostly a let down. I like the backdrop of the funhouse and the creature kid but like many 80's flicks the script was crap and the actors were a joke.

26. House on Haunted Hill - 3.5 Zombies
This 1999 remake had all the right things going for it to be a solid 4+ star horror film and then they blow it in the last 20 minutes with terrible CG ghost vapor and the oh so cliché house is caving in thing. If they could have continued on with the clever images caught on video camera, the creepy teeth face things, etc. it could have had an epic finale with all the inmates, doctors, and other weird things just overwhelming the house. It would have been so much scarier if the final survivors were being chased by that group and getting killed off and "operated on" on the way.

27. Constantine - 3 Zombies
I think this movie gets a bit more bashing than it deserves, it has a lot going for it and did some things very right. Actually one of the few movies Keanu Reeves as almost convincing and the rest of the cast was very well placed IMO. Not too many real scares or gore but the overall tone of the film worked well for me.

28. Red Dragon - 4 Zombies
This is the only movie released after Silence of the Lambs that I feel deserves a place in the franchise. Fantastic performances by Norton, Fiennes, and Hopkins. A perfect prequel to Silence of the Lambs without over explaining much of the mystery that creates Lector's dark past and makes his character so ominous. Obviously some heavy borrowing from Psycho but despite the lack of originality in this area I still felt it worked well and added believability to the FBI's decision to attempt to use Lector's expertise in Silence of the Lambs. I had to dust off the HD-DVD player for this one but it was well worth it!

29. The Thing (1982) - 5 Zombies
I watch this one every year so nothing really new to report. The movie losses it's greatness when the Blair monster comes out at the end but up until; that point averything is just brilliant, especially the atmosphere and creature creation. The prequel which was not bad was a perfect example of why modern horror films with monsters suck... the CG ALWAYS makes them look sooooo unbelievable!!!

30. The Raven - 2 Zombies
Talk about a poster child for miscasting the lead in a movie... good grief it was just panful to watch Cusack drag himself through this character. The movie was ok, nothing really special... if you've seen Sherlock Holmes and From Hell just merge the two and subtract the character charm and you will have The Raven. A couple decent scenes but all in all a flop probably undeserving of the 2 Zombies I gave it.

31. The Strangers - 4 Zombies
This was my second time viewing this film which often reminds me of the French home invasion flick "Them (Ils)" also inspired by true events. There are a lot of things I noticed that I really liked with this movie that make for some very creepy tension building moments. The songs on the record player, the way the victims are taunted, the lights going off with only the fire from outside casting a orange/yellow glow through the windows, and of course the mystery and absence of motive for the Strangers. All fantastic elements that you can tell were put together by someone who really gets horror and avoids even a hint of cheese. Well done!

32. Chained - 3 Zombies
This one is worth watching for Vincent D'Onofrio's performance which is out of this world. I knew he was familiar to me but had to IMDB him to find out why... he has played a sick basterd before in The Cell! Chained was a pretty solid and twisted movie but it felt like it wasn't sure where it wanted to go when it came time to end. This is where it lost points for me. I felt the ending was really contrived and simply unimaginative given what had taken place leading up to. Overall I like what I saw but endings can really make or break, this was a break for me.

33. Hellbound: Hellraiser II - 4 Zombies
As far as Hellraiser flicks go this is my favorite followed by Hellraiser, then Hellraiser 4 Bloodline, the rest sucked IMO. Hellbound did a great job of taking viewers into a darker world instead of bringing the worst elements of that world out. It fell short foe me with the easy dispatching of the cenobites and the abrupt development of compassion from Pinhead. That said I still like what they did with it and enjoyed the cenobites transformation. I felt the multiple puzzle boxes was unnecessary and conflicts with the box's power and origins as explained in Hellbound. Still a great flick and more violent than anything I recall seeing at my age in the late 80's. I watched this via NF streaming and noticed it was edited, portions of graphic scenes were missing such as the blade slicing Pinhead's head when he was first made and the "get them off me guy" cutting himself up.

34. Bedevilled - 2 Zombies
With the recent brand of top tier films I have seen from Korea I was really expecting to be blown away and this one just fell flat for me. The film spends far too much time developing a picture of life on the island for the main character who is abused and beaten by her husband. It takes over an hour for things to get to a boiling point and when they do it all unfolds so fast and with such an absence of tension it is almost unrewarding. The film did have some good things going for it, the building of characters that taunted and mistreated Kim Bok-nam, her so-called friend, there was ample time to develop the story and characters but it felt over-explained to me and the revenge sequence would have been more enjoyable if they had spent more time on the cat and mouse. Worth a watch but m copy will be going to amazon's marketplace.

35. Halloween (2007) - 3 Zombies
This movie probably had equal parts in failed and successful opportunities. I enjoyed the chance to dig in a bit more the MM as a child however the white trash dysfunctional family portrait is so overcooked it all but spoils the other achievements. There were some great elements from the original that I felt RZ maintained and some new things added to make MM scary again. I would have enjoyed a stronger likeability factor with Laurie's friends had they not been characterized as complete whorebags. Even the great P.J. Soles had some charm although we all knew she was the frisky uninhibited one of the three. It's a shame RZ didn't make an attempt to help us care about the other and especially the once great Dr. Loomis who was a complete "wanker" as the Brits would say. Still the movie had some great gore and good scares. MM being damn 9 feet tall sure did make hime even more fearsome looking! i enjoyed this but with a bit more finess I could have been much better.

36. Excision - 2.5 Zombies
I'm going to side with Oink on this one. I got what the film was doing but just found the descent of each character and the story as a whole too tragic to "enjoy". The dream sequences were the saving graces for me but I kept waiting for a longer one with more of a climactic vibe. I also noticed that portions of the dream sequence that have been featured in some trailers was missing. Fantastic performance by AnnaLynne McCord and regardless of how I felt about the film personally it was very successfully crafted and achieved exactly what I felt it set out to do.

37. 247 Degrees Fahrenheit - 1 Zombie
4 friends go to a cabin for the weekend and 3 of them get trapped in a sauna for the night. Temperatures rise and water is limited so what can they do to avoid slow cooking? As if the description didn't sound boring enough I went into this expecting there to be some sinister driving element and creative underbelly to the film... nope, just 3 idiots trapped in a sauna because one friend dripped over some crap that ended up blocking the door and then he passed out. What an utter bore and complete waste of time. The writers and director of this film should be hanged and all copies purged from existence.

38. Creepshow - 4 Zombies
I had to redeem the night by watching an all time favorite. This movie is h=just too much fun to go unwatched at least once a year. The Crate is my favorite.... just tell it to call you Billy!

39. Inbred - 4.5 Zombies
Wow... just wow. I don't even know where to start with this one. I find myself somewhere between WTF and WhyTF do I want to watch this again. Just when you thought the inbred cannibals from Wrong Turn has the genre market cornered along comes this group to make them look like high society! Inbred is just a fantastic and grotesque display of the most foul way of life one could possibly imagine for a village of inbred psychos, no wait let's turn that beyond what you can stomach and simmer. A group of 6 (2 social workers and 4 varied troubled teens) travel to BFE to get away and do some character building exercises away from civilization but when one of them is accidentally injured they all learn the hard way what's really going on and how unbelievably fawkd it really is. This was a very pleasant surprise and a great blind buy, fantastic gore, and some real sick scenes that will probably leave you squirming with nausea... well done!

40. Attack of the Werewolves - 4 Zombies
This was a peasant surprise blind buy Thanks darth and oink!). It was lighter on the horror and gore than I'd hoped or thought or less so than AWIL was which I felt did a pretty good job of a almost 50/50 blend. AOTW was still a lot of fun anf fantastic seeing someone use real makeup, prosthetics, and other practical materials to make a believable monster for a change. There's a lot to enjoy with this one if you can keep up with the fast subs and visuals. A few guys try to find the key to a curse that has reached a 100 year anniversary for a small village which is home to one and a visit to a family home for the other. No craft plots here, just straight forward Lycan lore and plenty of witty and dark comedy. Really enjoyed this and would highly recommend. This is a UK import but I can confirm the disk is region free once the short PAL preview is over.

41. House of 1000 Corpses - 4.5 Zombies
I don't know why this one has grown on me so much over the years but it is just a blast and just captures the Halloween vibe in a sick way!

42. The Descent - 5 Zombies
With no guys trying to play captain-save-a-hoe and brilliant set design, atmosphere, and practical effects this one climbed its way to the top of my list as soon as I'd seen it!

43. Trick r' Treat - 5 Zombies
This has quickly become a Halloween favorite for me which I why I usually save it for the end. More gore would have been nice but all in all this does such a fantastic job of capturing the Halloween spirit with oodles of charisma. Easily the best anthology since Creepshow and a must have for every Halloween.

44. Alien - 5 Zombies
After seeing Prometheus and then re-watching this great I can see the slow pace RS lends to these films but I should have known better than to think he could once again create something as fresh as this. Just an amazing film all the way around, nothing I can really add to all the praise this one has already received but it sure was fun to include this month.

45. The Exorcist - 5 Zombies
There is just no getting around how amazing and scary this almost 40 year old movie still is. So many failed attempts to recreate what it had achieved but the watermark was just too high. This is the poster child of how to make a movie about the unknown and sell it proper! Fantastic!

My Rig

Last edited by General Kenobi; 06-27-2014 at 02:38 PM.
post #3618 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Props to Gen Kenobi for that GNARLY video! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That Horror tea time was awesome!

October HorrorFest Participant
post #3619 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Awesome video, Kenobi! Looked great in HD on my monitor! Wish you showed more video of your own costume towards the end there!

post #3620 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

34. Strangler of the Swamp (FTV)
Nice little creeper from 1946 (although it felt more like a 1930's movie with its low production value). The ghost of a wrongly-executed ferryman comes back to get his revenge on the little swamp village that done him wrong. This felt like a B-grade Val Lewton picture at times, with all the shadows and darkness. I loved the deliberately out-of-focus boogeyman effect, it was creepy and menacing. It's movies like this that make me wish black and white film was used more often, it raised the film above its source material. This was a fairly short movie so there really isn't much more to say about it.

2. Santa Sangre (FTV)
4. Martyrs (FTV)
5. I Saw the Devil (FTV)
6. The Loved Ones (FTV)
7. Seconds Apart (FTV)
9. Blind Beast (FTV)
11. Black Sheep (FTV)
19. The Innkeepers (FTV)
20. Frankenweenie (FTV)
21. Cabin in the Woods
22. Pieces (FTV)
24. Ghost Ship (FTV)
26. The Bad Seed
28. The Strangers (FTV)

post #3621 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks guys! Unfortunately I didn't have many shots of the costume but I'll try to have a few snapped tonight.

My Rig

post #3622 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Very cool set up you have there Kenobi. Are you having a big turn out this year. It was about 50 degress here for the little ones and still have people coming to my door and its 8:20 here.

Always Up for a Good Zombie Flick
post #3623 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Without further delay, here is my mini-haunt created in part of my garage, enjoy!

Awesome pro-looking job as usual. Love the demented party and the mask looks scary as HELL. Would love to see some more pics of it and let us know how it went over with the neighborhood. You and Bob should team up and open a place. wink.gif

Just watched Halloween and will try to fit Troll in before the night is over for 31. To get in the mood we visited Myers' birthplace and then grabbed some dinner. biggrin.gif

31 Days of Horror:

post #3624 of 10847 Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

^^ That's awesome wizz!!

The haunt was a big hit... lots of people came to see and the rain came at just about the time I'd had enough. Some too cool for school older kids came in but they got chased out screaming all the same. Mostly good mix and lots of compliments on my work. Very pleased with how it all turned out. Here's a couple more shots with the props and my neighbors (after I chased them hehe). Now I'm going to relax and settle in the the last film of the month: The Exorcist. Happy Halloween my friends!

My Rig

post #3625 of 10847 Old 11-01-2012, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Kenobi, great photos, you look super, and the video really showed how much work you put into this, what a table!!!!!!!! Way to go bud!!!!!!!

Hope everyone had a good Halloween!!!!!!!!

Is it October 2013 yet?

never take life seriously
post #3626 of 10847 Old 11-01-2012, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Also meant to give you props on the video too. Love the music and the editing. Impressive that you were able to put that together so quickly!

Yankeeman I'm with you - already looking forward to 2013. smile.gif Halloween was postponed to Monday here in NJ so I'll get a few more days before our "holiday" officially ends.

31 Days of Horror:

post #3627 of 10847 Old 11-01-2012, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

35. Lovely Molly (FTV)
Ending the month on a strong note! Lovely Molly is the story of a newlywed couple who move into the bride's deceased parents' home. It isn't long before the wife starts hearing weird noises in the middle of the night somewhere in the house. Ultimately she must confront her troubled past, or will history be doomed to repeat itself? I'm a sucker for these "weird noise in the house in the middle of the night" movies. This one employs a good mix of handheld camcorders recording "live" (although their use is never really explained), as well as traditional movie camera shots. The effect is to make things more realistic feeling and creepy, as we're never sure what's going to pop into the frame--we're just certain something is! Kudos for this film for relying on atmospheric dread rather than cheesy jump scares or overdone visuals. This movie also is a great illustration of the concept of marital fears and the notion that "the stranger is among us". Great movie!

2. Santa Sangre (FTV)
4. Martyrs (FTV)
5. I Saw the Devil (FTV)
6. The Loved Ones (FTV)
7. Seconds Apart (FTV)
9. Blind Beast (FTV)
11. Black Sheep (FTV)
19. The Innkeepers (FTV)
20. Frankenweenie (FTV)
21. Cabin in the Woods
22. Pieces (FTV)
24. Ghost Ship (FTV)
26. The Bad Seed
28. The Strangers (FTV)
35. Lovely Molly (FTV)

post #3628 of 10847 Old 11-01-2012, 07:06 AM

Liked: 10
Susyflower's 2012 31 Days of Horror

1. Fertile Ground (2011) - This is one of the Afterdark Originals...I liked it. It was essentially Amityville with a pregnancy plot mixed it. It had a few jumps, not as many as I would've liked however. I felt that the climax and the "ah ha" moment of the movie was really rushed. I DVR'd it from SyFy so the break for fast forwarding of commericals probably didn't help. Will be trying to avoid this in the future.

2. The Fog (1980) - Man I love John Carpenter...with Halloween being my all time favorite horror movie I can't believe that haven't seen The Fog. I really enjoyed this one as well. The ominous fog rolling in with the score in the background gave me just right amount of chills. It was great seeing all of the actors in this movie that were in the Halloween movies in some way or another. Also, I loved the guest appearance from John Houseman the great Professor Kingsfield in The Paper Chase. I'm a lawyer so seeing him and then thinking about law school was enough to give me the heebee jeebees!!

3. Hellraiser (1987) - "What you've never seen Hellraiser!" said my fiance...so we powered up the PS3 and watch Hellraiser on Netflix IW. I thought it was pretty good. I'm more of a subtle creepiness person. This one had a lot of in your face scares with the "monsters from hell" so to speak. When Frank comes out of the woodwork that was creepy and gross. Great special effects for the time. Glad I finally got to see this one.

4. No movie today...our local Oktoberfest festival took precedent

5. No movie today...same as above

6. Hellraiser II: Hellbound (1988) - this one was pretty "meh" for me. I actually fell asleep towards the end so I'll have to give it another go sometime. The part where the Dr. goes down to the "maintenance" level was super creepy with the worst of the worst. I wouldn't doubt that's pretty accurate for mental hosptials at points in history.

7. No movie today - Football

8. Children of the Corn (1984) - I love this movie and the picture quality has never been better with blu-ray. Those kids just creep out. I'm wondering though at the beginning when Bert and Vicky are driving there is a paperback book on the dash of the car. I can tell it's a Steven King book of some kind but just can't make out which one. Nice homage to the story writer.

9. The Amityville Horror (1979) - I really do enjoy this movie. There are certain movies that give me an uneasy creeped out feeling throughout the whole thing. This is one of them. Especially with all the lights off and candles going. A classic!

10. Amityville Horror II: The Possession (1982)

11. Husk (2010) - This is another one of the AfterDark Originals. This one was great! Really good offering from AfterDark as some of their movies are real stinkers. Obviously a scary scarecrow story but much more than that. Really good make up effects. Quite a few jumps and chills. Great direction...movie didn't drag for me. Highly recommend!

12. Pet Sematary (1989) - This is probably my favorite horror movie of all time. I look forward to AMC's Fear Fest every year because I know they will show this one multiple times. Stills gives me good scares to this day!!

13. Pet Sematary II (1992) - I don't like this one as much as the first one. The multiple scenes with cheesy adult contemparay rock songs is a big turn off. I never found this one to be scary at all for me.

14. No Movie - Work & Football

15. No Movie

16. No Movie

17. No Movie

18. Watched first episode of American Horror Story: Asylum

19. Deadgirl (2008) - Two high school friends are exploring an abandoned mental institution and in the boiler room find a dead girl...or so they think. The story was definitely an interesting concept...however the movie itself left a lot to be desired. I felt that it really dragged in parts and one of the main characters (J.T.) was just so annoying it was hard to get through it. The ending was certainly predictable.

20. The Alligator People (1959) - This is an old black and white...here is the description from the Netflix sleeve. "A couple is separated on a train when the husband (Richard Crane) gets off and is never seen again. His wife (Beverly Garland) spends years searching and finally finds him in a bog near his family home, but their meeting is soured when she discovers he's been turned into part alligator, part human by a mad scientist (George MacReady). Now, she must race against time to rescue her mutant husband from the scientist before it's too late." I liked this one...thought the makeup effects were great for being a movie from 1959.

21. No Movie

22. Halloween (1978) - This is one of my all time favorite horror/Halloween themed movies. That famous music gets me every time!! Can't wait to see it in the theater on October 29th!!!

23. Halloween 4: Return of Michael Myers (1988) - This will always probably be my favorite of the Halloween franchise. This was the first Halloween movie that I ever saw so it's always stuck as my favorite. This movie introduced Danielle Harris who went onto great things like playing a bratty high school friend of Darlene on the show Rosanne, and most recently in the RZ remake of Halloween and The Hitcher movies.

24. The Pumpkin Karver (2006) - Don't waste your time...a couple gory scenes but horrible acting and low budget sets & effects.

25. Birdemic: Shock & Terror - Live Rifftrax event. The guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000 take on the 2008 movie Birdemic: Shock & Terror. This probably is the worse movie ever made; however, with the live riffing it turned into the most hilarious movie ever made. Highly enjoyed!!

26. No Movie

27. No Movie

28. Lovely Molly (2011) - I thought this movie was quite good. The demise of Molly is very dramatic and played quite well by Gretchen Lodge. Interesting of note...the actor that played Molly's husband just died. He was on some of synthetic drug (bath salts, 2-ci) and killed his landlord, her cat, and then either fell or jumped from the roof.

29. Halloween (1978) - I watched this once this month already but this night I got to watch it on the big screen. Our local movie theater was one of the particpating theaters that showed the original Halloween. It also had a short documentary before the movie on the history of the Boogyman. This looked great on the big screen and enjoyed being able to see it that way. A huge drawback was the couple in front of us that talked the whole time and then a couple of women down the front that laughed during a lot of scenes. I never found Halloween to be funny in any way so I was really disappointed in the lack of respect that others in the theater had.

30. No movie - Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in Minneapolis

31. The Exorcist (1973) - I always watch this on Halloween. And my blu-ray copy never looked better! This movie has so many great horror elements I can't say anything bad about it. I've actually walked up those steps in Georgetown and what a creepy feeling it gave me!

And there it is...the complete list. I didn't make my goal of a horror movie everyday but I think I did pretty good. Lots of FTV for me...some good ones and some stinkers. Thanks everybody for a great month!!
post #3629 of 10847 Old 11-01-2012, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Aww...I'm sad because the month is over! Feels like it's not truly Halloween yet since our trick or treat got postponed due to the hurricane. I just may have to watch something on Saturday night after I take the kids out trick-or-treating! I'm thinking something like Monster Squad, or possibly a double feature. Yes, I have a hard time "coming down" after this month and going back to watching "normal" movies.

Anyway, thanks for another great month! After I get some time to have some perspective, I might make a list of "bests...best new movie, best discovery, scariest movie, worst movie, etc. I hope some of you guys do this too.

post #3630 of 10847 Old 11-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

Kenobi, fantastic video!!! You did an amazing job, my friend.

Wizz, nice outing! I don't recall if you already answered this question, but does that restaurant embrace the Friday the 13th culture at all? Perhaps an Axe-Murderer Meatloaf on the menu?
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page