October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 130 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1580Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3871 of 12069 Old 01-01-2013, 11:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I have it on the DVR and will be watching soon.
Watched tonite and enjoyed it until the final scene.
The "big message" of the movie falls flat...it is as though the filmmaker wasn't sure how to end it.
The "fade-to-black" and the message of Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
"Oh well, no matter how tough things get people will still go about their daily lives"
was pathetic.
Yeah, sure they would.rolleyes.gif


After Perfect Sense, I watched Outpost: Black Sun.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1418712/

Nazi zombies, oh my!
Anyhoot, it was OK, a one-time viewing for me.
Not quite enough zombie-action IMO.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3872 of 12069 Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
wizzack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,548
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

Morituris is coming! Banned in Italy but Japan is getting a dvd on 12/5. Blu-ray coming to France early 2013. Here we go!
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B009G5GKO0/
http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00A2HCHOS/

Welp, the dvd is in stock @ amazon.jp but at a hefty $42 before shipping. Gonna wait for this one.


The above post is 100% medically accurate


31 Days of Horror: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008
wizzack is offline  
post #3873 of 12069 Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,931
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

Welp, the dvd is in stock @ amazon.jp but at a hefty $42 before shipping. Gonna wait for this one.
Yikes! I want to see that too. I suppose cdjapan and yesasia are no better?

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is offline  
post #3874 of 12069 Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
wizzack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,548
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Yikes! I want to see that too. I suppose cdjapan and yesasia are no better?

cdjapan is $54 and this is for a Dee-Vee-Dee! Ouch!


The above post is 100% medically accurate


31 Days of Horror: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008
wizzack is offline  
post #3875 of 12069 Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,931
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

cdjapan is $54 and this is for a Dee-Vee-Dee! Ouch!
good golly mrs molly! I don't even pay that much for an imported steelbook much less a peasant disc!

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is offline  
post #3876 of 12069 Old 01-04-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 960
darthrsg is offline  
post #3877 of 12069 Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,931
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

V/H/S is now on Netflix Instant if interested.
Once was more than enough but thanks wink.gif I think RZ's Lords of Salem is out this month but I'll probably wait for disc on that.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is offline  
post #3878 of 12069 Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Once was more than enough but thanks wink.gif I think RZ's Lords of Salem is out this month but I'll probably wait for disc on that.
April
darthrsg is offline  
post #3879 of 12069 Old 01-04-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
wizzack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,548
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 198
did you guys see the new Evil Dead remake trailer? Fantastic! Lots of those jittery distorted jab sounds but othewise this trailer is top notch!

warning: LOTS of blood

http://www.youtube.com/user/EvilDeadMovie/featured


*best horror trailer since The Hills Have Eyes remake. If this movie is as good as that was I'll be a happy camper. smile.gif


The above post is 100% medically accurate


31 Days of Horror: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008
wizzack is offline  
post #3880 of 12069 Old 01-04-2013, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Mama. Guillermo Del Toro
darthrsg is offline  
post #3881 of 12069 Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,931
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

did you guys see the new Evil Dead remake trailer? Fantastic! Lots of those jittery distorted jab sounds but othewise this trailer is top notch!
warning: LOTS of blood
http://www.youtube.com/user/EvilDeadMovie/featured
*best horror trailer since The Hills Have Eyes remake. If this movie is as good as that was I'll be a happy camper. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Mama. Guillermo Del Toro
I'm all over those.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is offline  
post #3882 of 12069 Old 01-04-2013, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 960
darthrsg is offline  
post #3883 of 12069 Old 01-05-2013, 12:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
S.O.B!!!
Those 3 trailers are fantastic!eek.gif

Gentlemen, I am forever in your debt....smile.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #3884 of 12069 Old 01-05-2013, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Three really great looking movies!!!! Isnt horror wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

never take life seriously
yankeeman is online now  
post #3885 of 12069 Old 01-05-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
GoCaboNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,140
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Three really great looking movies!!!! Isnt horror wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

The flip side is the flic I watched last night. Holy crap, what a stinker! It was so bad I was cracking up the whole way. The Portal, made in 2010, with Michael Madsen, Stacy Keach, Roddy Piper - How bad could it be? I should have known by the trailers before the movie, they were absolutely horrendous. Porno production values and acting. Unfortunately, The Portal was the same way. TURRIBLE acting. Camera angles that were WAY TOO CLOSE. tongue.gif

Editing, continuity, everything was off and seemed like all the scenes were done in one take. It was a crack up.

One scene, in particular, shows the level of proffessionalism in the move. One of the gals in peril is working late at her big office building. After a horendously akward scene with a coworker hitting on her, even though her boyfriend had just died do to his head mysteriously exploding, she decides to use the restroom to freshen up. She goes in a typical womens restroom with a handful of sinks etc. This is not a multi gender restroom. There she gets terrorized by the ghoul of the movie and runs screaming out of the restroom to the building security guard. Here is where it gets funny. He goes into the bathroom with billy club out to check on the ladies report. All serious. Opening stall doors etc. Across from the stalls he is checking, and plainly visible, are a half a dozen urinal stalls. They shot the security guard scene in the MENS bathroom.biggrin.gif:eek:

The movie is filled with this stuff...

Location: Beaverton, Oregon
My Dedicated Home Theater Room
GoCaboNow is offline  
post #3886 of 12069 Old 01-06-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
For those interested, Storage 24 will be broadcasted this Wed. on HDNet's Sneak Peek:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1986953/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #3887 of 12069 Old 01-06-2013, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cincy, OH
Posts: 1,724
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Thanks for the heads up oink!

October HorrorFest Participant
BornSlippyZ is offline  
post #3888 of 12069 Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
wizzack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,548
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

The flip side is the flic I watched last night. Holy crap, what a stinker! It was so bad I was cracking up the whole way. The Portal, made in 2010, with Michael Madsen, Stacy Keach, Roddy Piper - How bad could it be? I should have known by the trailers before the movie, they were absolutely horrendous. Porno production values and acting. Unfortunately, The Portal was the same way. TURRIBLE acting. Camera angles that were WAY TOO CLOSE. tongue.gif
Editing, continuity, everything was off and seemed like all the scenes were done in one take. It was a crack up.
One scene, in particular, shows the level of proffessionalism in the move. One of the gals in peril is working late at her big office building. After a horendously akward scene with a coworker hitting on her, even though her boyfriend had just died do to his head mysteriously exploding, she decides to use the restroom to freshen up. She goes in a typical womens restroom with a handful of sinks etc. This is not a multi gender restroom. There she gets terrorized by the ghoul of the movie and runs screaming out of the restroom to the building security guard. Here is where it gets funny. He goes into the bathroom with billy club out to check on the ladies report. All serious. Opening stall doors etc. Across from the stalls he is checking, and plainly visible, are a half a dozen urinal stalls. They shot the security guard scene in the MENS bathroom.biggrin.gif:eek:
The movie is filled with this stuff...

All you had to say was Roddy Piper and I'm in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

Thanks for the heads up oink!

+1 will set the dvr. Sounds cool!



I just read the the Evil Dead remake has no CGI. Hip hip hooray!


The above post is 100% medically accurate


31 Days of Horror: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008
wizzack is offline  
post #3889 of 12069 Old 01-07-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
GoCaboNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,140
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

All you had to say was Roddy Piper and I'm in.
+1 will set the dvr. Sounds cool!
I just read the the Evil Dead remake has no CGI. Hip hip hooray!

For some reason Roddy has only a very bit part in the movie. Another head scratcher by the director. smile.gif

Location: Beaverton, Oregon
My Dedicated Home Theater Room
GoCaboNow is offline  
post #3890 of 12069 Old 01-07-2013, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,931
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

All you had to say was Roddy Piper and I'm in.
+1 will set the dvr. Sounds cool!
I just read the the Evil Dead remake has no CGI. Hip hip hooray!


My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is offline  
post #3891 of 12069 Old 01-07-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Between this and your avatar, I'm beginning to worry about you....tongue.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #3892 of 12069 Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,931
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Between this and your avatar, I'm beginning to worry about you....tongue.gif
The avatar was chosen to match my xbox live gamer tag: ZombieWanKenobi but otherwise you can still worry wink.giftongue.gif

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is offline  
post #3893 of 12069 Old 01-07-2013, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 960
darthrsg is offline  
post #3894 of 12069 Old 01-08-2013, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
smudge981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,842
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 167
The one Christmas gift I didn't get. Maybe for my birthday in May:


"I am NOT suffering from insanity... I happen to be enjoying myself!"

smudge981 is online now  
post #3895 of 12069 Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Smudge, thats great, i would love to get one too!!!!

never take life seriously
yankeeman is online now  
post #3896 of 12069 Old 01-09-2013, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bob McLaughlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

V/H/S is now on Netflix Instant if interested.
I watched this and was pretty disappointed. I actually only made it through the first 3 sequences but I just had to bail--the movie wasn't very good, and the constant camera motion on my 100" screen was making me quite nauseous. Were the last 2 sequences worth watching?

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
Bob McLaughlin is offline  
post #3897 of 12069 Old 01-09-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,931
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post

I watched this and was pretty disappointed. I actually only made it through the first 3 sequences but I just had to bail--the movie wasn't very good, and the constant camera motion on my 100" screen was making me quite nauseous. Were the last 2 sequences worth watching?
Seems this receives mixed reviews in this thread. Darth liked it alot and I think wizz did too? The only sequence I didn't really care for was the one in the woods, the others were ok but the movie failed for me because it teased with some connection between them all that was never explained, at all. No reason why the tapes were in the house, who the collector was, what they had in common, nothing. I'm ok with anthologies that don't tie up together but they way this was set up was just incoherent.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is offline  
post #3898 of 12069 Old 01-09-2013, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 960
I liked some of the stories over others for sure, but it left me with questions I would have liked answered. It's a good anthology but I don't see it becoming a series or getting many rewatches.
darthrsg is offline  
post #3899 of 12069 Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

the movie failed for me because it teased with some connection between them all that was never explained, at all. No reason why the tapes were in the house, who the collector was, what they had in common, nothing. I'm ok with anthologies that don't tie up together but they way this was set up was just incoherent.
Couldn't agree more.wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #3900 of 12069 Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 4,204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post

I watched this and was pretty disappointed. I actually only made it through the first 3 sequences but I just had to bail--the movie wasn't very good, and the constant camera motion on my 100" screen was making me quite nauseous. Were the last 2 sequences worth watching?
I think I mentioned in my post that it was not for shaky cam haters. Since I rented it on DVD from Redbox I DID play through the commentary and at least got out of it a better movie by one of the directors, "A Horrible Way To Die" which is also available NF WI.
Brian Conrad is offline  
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off