October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 337 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 240Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #10081 of 10832 Old 05-27-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Yipeeee, I'm a Taurus also!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, just watched from tv (I had DVR'er it) on Animal Planet:

BLOOD LAKE - ATTACH OF THE KILLER LAMPREYS

What a fun movie, campy, like Sharknado!!!!! I usually take my horror very seriously dont usually dont like horror/comedy movies, but ones like these which arent played for laughs but are just campy as hell are really hitting my spot lately. Loved it!!!!!

Give it a try if you havent seen it, but again, remember, if you didnt like Sharknado you wont like this, but if you DID like Sharknado.......biggrin.gif

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10082 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 12:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Give it a try if you havent seen it, but again, remember, if you didnt like Sharknado you wont like this, but if you DID like Sharknado.......biggrin.gif
Sharknado 2 = July 30
Be there, or be square.smile.gif
yankeeman likes this.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #10083 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 03:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Scary thought of the day.... Compared to horror movies the real world is better armed and has a lot of people willing to shoot anything that moves. How many movies have you seen where the killler would have been toast after being shot by a small armed group. Granted you can't stop zombies but most other things don't function too well after being shot to pieces.
Can you imagine Jason loose in a stand your ground state. Sounds like a fair fight biggrin.gif

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
tenthplanet is online now  
post #10084 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Here's something else scary. Plantar Faciitis. If my home gets invaded or an occutard goes off the rails with a pistol I couldn't run to save my arse.
darthrsg is offline  
post #10085 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Mfusick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Western MA
Posts: 22,408
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 776
eek.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Here's something else scary. Plantar Faciitis. If my home gets invaded or an occutard goes off the rails with a pistol I couldn't run to save my arse.

That's way scary eek.gif way more than any horror movie.

I've had it for a year mad.gif I first got it walking across Manhattan and I did not realize what it was I thought it was just sore feet. Went on vacation to FL and spent some time in universal studios and Disney world a couple weeks later and really trashed my feet. Got so bad to the point I couldn't stand, I knew something was wrong.

It wouldn't heal so I saw MD, and eventually a specialist. I tried inserts, medical insoles, arch support wraps and all those stupid exercises. Nothing seems to work well.

My feet throb at night and get inflamed and hot, keeps me up at night. If I stay off my feet it can go away but as soon as I go stand working in the garage or do yard work it comes back. I can't shake it mad.gif

Listen to the doctors, do the exercises. It's a tough thing to get rid of if you let it manifest. I can see why it places NFL players on season ending IR the first week.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Mfusick is offline  
post #10086 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

eek.gif
That's way scary eek.gif way more than any horror movie.

I've had it for a year mad.gif I first got it walking across Manhattan and I did not realize what it was I thought it was just sore feet. Went on vacation to FL and spent some time in universal studios and Disney world a couple weeks later and really trashed my feet. Got so bad to the point I couldn't stand, I knew something was wrong.

It wouldn't heal so I saw MD, and eventually a specialist. I tried inserts, medical insoles, arch support wraps and all those stupid exercises. Nothing seems to work well.

My feet throb at night and get inflamed and hot, keeps me up at night. If I stay off my feet it can go away but as soon as I go stand working in the garage or do yard work it comes back. I can't shake it mad.gif

Listen to the doctors, do the exercises. It's a tough thing to get rid of if you let it manifest. I can see why it places NFL players on season ending IR the first week.

Staying off my feet got me fat. Walking to not be fat got me plantar faciitis. It's a sign. I am the one the needs to develop the floating chairs in Wall-E.
General Kenobi likes this.
darthrsg is offline  
post #10087 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

I am the one the needs to develop the floating chairs in Wall-E.
Here ya go:


darthrsg likes this.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #10089 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,910
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Staying off my feet got me fat. Walking to not be fat got me plantar faciitis. It's a sign. I am the one the needs to develop the floating chairs in Wall-E.
Sounds like a great excuse to install a pool wink.gif

I started working out regularly about a year ago and at *cough 40, I am in better shape than I was at 20. Us office beeotches have to get some fitness in or we'll be easy zombie bait when the apocalypse comes eek.gif
GoCaboNow likes this.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is online now  
post #10090 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Sounds like a great excuse to install a pool wink.gif

I started working out regularly about a year ago and at *cough 40, I am in better shape than I was at 20. Us office beeotches have to get some fitness in or we'll be easy zombie bait when the apocalypse comes eek.gif

Somfar it's translating into more time under the bar pushing weight.
darthrsg is offline  
post #10091 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
I'm surprised it took so long for this idea to make it to screen....seems like a no-brainer.tongue.gif
yankeeman and darthrsg like this.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #10092 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 3,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 115
I'm thinking of renting "Devil's Due" on BD tonight from RB. I can tell the neighborhood kids have the week off school from the streaming quality I'm seeing on NF. mad.gif

Though not a horror game I've released "Drone Dodge" for Android. It's a casual game on the drone theme. The game market is over saturated with "me too" zombie games. I only found two other "drone" games and one was just a "flappy bird" knock off with a quadcopter drone. Currently available on Android 4.0+ though I will have it on some of the web game sites as just a browser game for other devices. It's free (ad supported) which is something I haven't done before.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dronedodge

Drone Dodge Game
darthrsg likes this.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #10093 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 723
darthrsg is offline  
post #10094 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 295
I've rented Devil's Due yesterday, will watch tonight... Though not a fan of this found footage crap at all, I'm kinda looking forward to this one.
Morpheo is offline  
post #10095 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I've rented Devil's Due yesterday, will watch tonight... Though not a fan of this found footage crap at all, I'm kinda looking forward to this one.
My last and I mean LAST found footage was The Sacrament. Only if you guys say it needs to be seen will it be seen.
darthrsg is offline  
post #10096 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 02:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Only if you guys say it needs to be seen will it be seen.
Same here.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #10097 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 2,346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

My last and I mean LAST found footage was The Sacrament. Only if you guys say it needs to be seen will it be seen.
I've seen some bad reviews, but that usually doesn't mean much, I've been saving it for the weekend, having stubborn kidney stone blasted Friday morning, thought this would be a good recovery flick.
stevew24963 is offline  
post #10098 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

I've seen some bad reviews, but that usually doesn't mean much, I've been saving it for the weekend, having stubborn kidney stone blasted Friday morning, thought this would be a good recovery flick.

Ti West did a found footage movie. It's debatable if it's a horror movie in the same way Red State was/is.
darthrsg is offline  
post #10099 of 10832 Old 05-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Newbie
 
lostronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

If you have Netflix Wi and want a dark comedy horror flic try "100 Bloody Acres". It is hilarious and star Damon Herriman who played Dewey Crowe on "Justified." Damon plays Reg who picks up road kill for an organic fertilizer company he and his brother runs. He comes across a truck accident and packs away the dead driver among the "roos" he's picked up (it's an Australian movie BTW) and on the way back to the ranch stop to pick up some college kids whose car breaks down. Things go awry after the two college guys discover what is in the back. Four giant pumpkins.

I really liked this one! Cool to see Damon Herriman out of the "Justified" context. Any other Netflix indie horror streaming recs?
lostronin is offline  
post #10100 of 10832 Old 05-29-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

My last and I mean LAST found footage was The Sacrament. Only if you guys say it needs to be seen will it be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Same here.

Well.......... Save your money and your time then. This movie is stupid, it's not often that I regret a rental, but this time I do... Maybe it's because I hate this subgenre, but to me it's just subpar...
Morpheo is offline  
post #10101 of 10832 Old 05-29-2014, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post


Well.......... Save your money and your time then. This movie is stupid, it's not often that I regret a rental, but this time I do... Maybe it's because I hate this subgenre, but to me it's just subpar...
Thanx.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #10102 of 10832 Old 05-29-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 3,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 115
"Devil's Due" is not bad but it's not scary either. It's found footage with 4K costume cameras. biggrin.gif

Unfortunately the Red Box BD copy I rented was defective and didn't want to play the 50-55 minute segment. Even looks like it might be a manufacturing defect not just a scratch.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #10103 of 10832 Old 05-29-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Thanx.

Did you see Red State?
darthrsg is offline  
post #10104 of 10832 Old 05-29-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Did you see Red State?
I did.
Wasn't too impressed.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #10105 of 10832 Old 05-29-2014, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I did.
Wasn't too impressed.

Ok then you can skip this.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Me OTOH loved watching a southern baptist cult off themselves. Typical Ti West slow burn with some pretty horrible graphic scenes at the end.
darthrsg is offline  
post #10106 of 10832 Old 05-29-2014, 12:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Ok then you can skip this.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Me OTOH loved watching a southern baptist cult off themselves. Typical Ti West slow burn with some pretty horrible graphic scenes at the end.
THAT I would be interested in.

RS started strong but tapered off into a meh movie.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #10107 of 10832 Old 05-29-2014, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

THAT I would be interested in.

RS started strong but tapered off into a meh movie.

Worth a watch for that alone AND it goes on the short list of flicks I suggest to my neighbors.
GoCaboNow likes this.
darthrsg is offline  
post #10108 of 10832 Old 05-29-2014, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 723
darthrsg is offline  
post #10109 of 10832 Old 05-29-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Worth a watch for that alone.
Thanx....in my queue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Anyone keeping any eye out for The Strain on FX in July?
I'm there.
I read the trilogy and it could transfer to the screen very well.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #10110 of 10832 Old 05-29-2014, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Thanx....in my queue.
I'm there.
I read the trilogy and it could transfer to the screen very well.

Got my Netflix discs in of the Returned. Two episodes in and itching for more.
darthrsg is offline  
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off