October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 343 - AVS Forum
First ... 341  342  343 344  345  ... Last
Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion > October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)
Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 07:45 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
How can you just go to last post in a thread?
The little arrow in the "last Post" column, next to the user name.
Attached: Screen Shot 2014-06-12 at 9.43.20 AM.png (7.8 KB) 

darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 07:48 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post
The little arrow in the "last Post" column, next to the user name.
Ah, never thought to click that. Thank you!
Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 07:51 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Ah, never thought to click that. Thank you!

Actually while checking other threads, it looks like it first takes you the the newest unread post from this member. When you select again, it goes to the last. hmmm... I thought the arrow next to the thread title was supposed to take care of the "new" unread post (regardless of who made it), while the one next to the user name should take you to this actual, last post, from that specific member. This is how it works on another forum.

(it does work when I want to edit my post - I'm going straight to it. But obviously it has already been read so..... oh well, more testing ahead I guess )

...Trying to get used to the default theme after months in the "dark"... Not sure I'll keep it, I feel more at home with the dark theme.
darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 08:05 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post
Actually while checking other threads, it looks like it first takes you the the newest unread post from this member. When you select again, it goes to the last. hmmm... I thought the arrow next to the thread title was supposed to take care of the "new" unread post (regardless of who made it), while the one next to the user name should take you to this actual, last post, from that specific member. This is how it works on another forum.

(it does work when I want to edit my post - I'm going straight to it. But obviously it has already been read so..... oh well, more testing ahead I guess )

...Trying to get used to the default theme after months in the "dark"... Not sure I'll keep it, I feel more at home with the dark theme.

Dark is all the way at the bottom.
Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 08:18 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Dark is all the way at the bottom.
Nice! I never noticed if it was in the previous version or not, I always figured I had to go my CP to change it.
wizzack's Avatar wizzack 08:29 AM 06-12-2014
Eww more changes. The least they could have done was add the horror character smileys. Thanks AVS.
oink's Avatar oink 08:43 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by wizzack

And here I thought we were still in a zombie holding pattern
Never say that, not even in jest.

Quote:
The last thing I remember was a hand pulling me into a mirror....
LOL.
BornSlippyZ's Avatar BornSlippyZ 09:37 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
How can you just go to last post in a thread?

I caught Wolf Creek 2 last night. Pretty damn decent. That Mick guy is a trip. I need to get a hold of part one asap.
Nice! I will have to get that one for the month of Oct!
Brian Conrad's Avatar Brian Conrad 01:04 PM 06-12-2014
I think according to the discussion on the forum change the right arrow isn't working correctly and should be taking you to the last post at least (I want the first unread). Gotta be lots of fun to update a big board like this (!).

"Haunt" is very good and has some good chills in it so I'll give it 4 family ghosts. And "Jug Face" is weird but also worth a watch so 4 empty moonshine jugs for it (I know oink would prefer them full).
darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 01:36 PM 06-12-2014
Oink Trigger Warning:
Spoiler!

darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 02:15 PM 06-12-2014
GoCaboNow's Avatar GoCaboNow 03:17 PM 06-12-2014
What the heck? Go away for a day or two and now there are CHANGES?

Watched Alyce Kills last night. Mixed bag for me. I am not really keen on the depressing drug use/descent into psychotic killer sub genre of horror flics. A couple of funny moments with the personal trainer, and the very ending, but a little work to get to the payoff. 2.5 Zombies under the influence of ecstacy.
tenthplanet's Avatar tenthplanet 03:01 AM 06-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Never say that, not even in jest.

LOL.
I jest not
darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 10:30 AM 06-13-2014
Quote:

In Fede Alvarez’s 2013 film, EVIL DEAD, the SFX crew used 70,000 gallons of fake blood. 50,000 of that was used during the final scene. Wes Craven's Scream used only around 50 gallons
http://www.vilereviews.com/SFX_Secrets.html?ed
General Kenobi's Avatar General Kenobi 11:26 AM 06-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Nice! I will have to get that one for the month of Oct!
I'm doing the same, should be streaming free on nf by then anyhow. Might be a good time for a double feature and re-watch the first one as well.

Quote:
Loved that scene@!
Brian Conrad's Avatar Brian Conrad 12:45 PM 06-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
What the heck? Go away for a day or two and now there are CHANGES?

Watched Alyce Kills last night. Mixed bag for me. I am not really keen on the depressing drug use/descent into psychotic killer sub genre of horror flics. A couple of funny moments with the personal trainer, and the very ending, but a little work to get to the payoff. 2.5 Zombies under the influence of ecstacy.
I about fell out of my chair laughing at the ending. Speaking of Ecstasy I watched the documentary about the godfather of it and saw some very familiar scenery. Turns out he lived about 8 miles down the road from me.
General Kenobi's Avatar General Kenobi 01:16 PM 06-13-2014

And it's a full moon! I think that is cause for a horror film tonight. Next Friday the 13th full moon is not until 2049.
GoCaboNow's Avatar GoCaboNow 02:07 PM 06-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
I about fell out of my chair laughing at the ending. Speaking of Ecstasy I watched the documentary about the godfather of it and saw some very familiar scenery. Turns out he lived about 8 miles down the road from me.
Ah, that explains some things...
Brian Conrad's Avatar Brian Conrad 01:32 PM 06-14-2014
I see they've disabled the arrow probably because it wasn't working as advertised to get you to the last post or first unread post.
Bob McLaughlin's Avatar Bob McLaughlin 04:02 PM 06-14-2014
Hey guys things have been crazy lately so I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread! In the meantime, my daughter Jillian made an Overly Sensitive Zombie Girl Father's Day special for all you grouchy dads out there!

You Tube

darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 05:17 PM 06-14-2014
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Theate.../dp/B008J2Z29A

Scored these for 200 bones at Best Buy today. Solidifies a full install vs soundbar.
BornSlippyZ's Avatar BornSlippyZ 05:44 PM 06-14-2014
^looks sweet! And what a deal! Gotta get that hooked up ASAP!
GoCaboNow's Avatar GoCaboNow 10:20 PM 06-14-2014
Quote:

Scored these for 200 bones at Best Buy today. Solidifies a full install vs soundbar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
^looks sweet! And what a deal! Gotta get that hooked up ASAP!
Indeed, a good deal. I have been checking craigslist for a decent sub to add some nearfield midbass oomph and brand name 8-12" subs are running $100ish, so $200 for the satellites plus sub is good value.

Did Bad Milo (2013). Seems like I had seen some mixed reviews on here but I enjoyed it. Dragged a bit in parts, but over all I enjoyed it's over the top fun tone and celebration of bathroom humor.
I give it 4 colonoscopy Zombies.
PooperScooper's Avatar PooperScooper 05:41 AM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post
Hey guys things have been crazy lately so I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread! In the meantime, my daughter Jillian made an Overly Sensitive Zombie Girl Father's Day special for all you grouchy dads out there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE0YJKNivnc
Nice!

larry
Ken.F's Avatar Ken.F 06:02 AM 06-15-2014
Anybody notice the tags listed below the last post? Who picked those tags?
BornSlippyZ's Avatar BornSlippyZ 06:16 AM 06-15-2014
^has to be a joke right?
oink's Avatar oink 09:37 AM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Oink Trigger Warning:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Quote:

In Fede Alvarez’s 2013 film, EVIL DEAD, the SFX crew used 70,000 gallons of fake blood. 50,000 of that was used during the final scene. Wes Craven's Scream used only around 50 gallons
Is there anyone else who feels this is incredibly ridiculous?

Quote:

VERY nice, Scott.
You made the right decision (f_ck soundbars BTW ).
darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 10:20 AM 06-15-2014
IT FREAKING RAINED BLOOD AND IT WASN'T CG! Not ridiculous at all.
oink's Avatar oink 10:23 AM 06-15-2014
Quote:
IT FREAKING RAINED BLOOD AND IT WASN'T CG! Not ridiculous at all.
70k gallons worth??????
BornSlippyZ's Avatar BornSlippyZ 10:26 AM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Quote:
Oink Trigger Warning:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Quote:

Is there anyone else who feels this is incredibly ridiculous?

Spillage loss?

Quote:

VERY nice, Scott.
You made the right decision (f_ck soundbars BTW ).

Oh ands Happy Fathers Day my fellow horror Fiends!
First ... 341  342  343 344  345  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop