October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 344 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8716Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1420 Post(s)
Liked: 743
Well now the arrow to the left of the topic will take you to the first unread post. Great! I watched "Night of the Creeps" from 1986 on Netflix WI last night. Not exactly great but it had it's moments. I see it is "popular" but had no problem streaming it as I suspect the kids had other things to do on graduation weekend around here.
Brian Conrad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-15-2014, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,658
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Well now the arrow to the left of the topic will take you to the first unread post. Great! I watched "Night of the Creeps" from 1986 on Netflix WI last night. Not exactly great but it had it's moments. I see it is "popular" but had no problem streaming it as I suspect the kids had other things to do on graduation weekend around here.
It never stopped working for me. I'm sure the new Overlords have their hands full.
darthrsg is offline  
Old 06-15-2014, 06:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 6,297
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1402877147464.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	119498  
BornSlippyZ likes this.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror: 
2012
2011
2010
2009
General Kenobi is offline  
 
Old 06-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
bombertodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Watched Bad Milo last week and thought it was awesome! I hope to see a sequel.

Klipsch RF-82II, RC-62II
2x Dayton Ultimax 12, Behringer iNUKE3000DSP
Denon 2113ci
New Theater Under Construction
bombertodd is online now  
Old 06-16-2014, 12:31 AM
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 36,583
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3035
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Oh ands Happy Fathers Day my fellow horror Fiends!
Same to you and many more.
oink is offline  
Old 06-16-2014, 04:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 2,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Anybody have any thoughts as to what the big halloween watch should be this year. Last year was "The Conjuring" but for this year, I just don't know. Any thoughts? Something new, something classic but forgotten, something obscure but rentable?
October will be here before you know it (Samhain is just around the corner ). I'll spare you the Silver Shamrock song, for now
Your thoughts?

"Oooh a puzzle box, I love puzzles"/ "Are you familiar with 'The Lament Configuration"/ "Actually I'm lousy at puzzles..."
tenthplanet is online now  
Old 06-16-2014, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,658
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Anybody have any thoughts as to what the big halloween watch should be this year. Last year was "The Conjuring" but for this year, I just don't know. Any thoughts? Something new, something classic but forgotten, something obscure but rentable?
October will be here before you know it (Samhain is just around the corner ). I'll spare you the Silver Shamrock song, for now
Your thoughts?
That new Purge?
darthrsg is offline  
Old 06-16-2014, 05:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 4,226
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1471 Post(s)
Liked: 1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Last year was "The Conjuring" but for this year, I just don't know. Any thoughts?
That new Purge?
I still haven't watched the first Purge yet. I got it several months ago and it's just been sitting here. Might as well save it for October now.
Ken.F is offline  
Old 06-16-2014, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,658
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Last year was "The Conjuring" but for this year, I just don't know. Any thoughts?
That new Purge?
I still haven't watched the first Purge yet. I got it several months ago and it's just been sitting here. Might as well save it for October now.
Far from perfect but it setup an interesting universe.
darthrsg is offline  
Old 06-16-2014, 08:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,825
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post
Hey guys things have been crazy lately so I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread! In the meantime, my daughter Jillian made an Overly Sensitive Zombie Girl Father's Day special for all you grouchy dads out there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE0YJKNivnc
You know i always love these, but hey, no more "kudo's" button here? I dont like these changes. This is the first time i have been on in awhile due to some eye problems (I am ok), and man, whats going on here???
Bob McLaughlin likes this.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
Old 06-16-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,658
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post
Hey guys things have been crazy lately so I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread! In the meantime, my daughter Jillian made an Overly Sensitive Zombie Girl Father's Day special for all you grouchy dads out there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE0YJKNivnc
You know i always love these, but hey, no more "kudo's" button here? I dont like these changes. This is the first time i have been on in awhile due to some eye problems (I am ok), and man, whats going on here???

They sold the forum and converted it back to the software they used to use. I liked the previous version better but it works.
Bob McLaughlin likes this.
darthrsg is offline  
Old 06-16-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smudge981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,931
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
You know i always love these, but hey, no more "kudo's" button here? I dont like these changes. This is the first time i have been on in awhile due to some eye problems (I am ok), and man, whats going on here???
Likewise. I've been busier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest at work for the last week-and-a-half. Soon as I come up for air this morning, this happens. It's made it somewhat hard to keep up on the threads I've been interested in. At least with the companies in my stock portfolio, I get to vote.

On the other hand, school's officially out and the daughter made the honor roll. That means I can put away the whips and cattle prod and maybe enjoy a movie here and there...finally.

"I am NOT suffering from insanity... I happen to be enjoying myself!"

smudge981 is offline  
Old 06-16-2014, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,764
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1617 Post(s)
Liked: 1283
Ha Bob that Overly Sensitive Zombie girl was great!


The new Purge is definitely on the pile for Oct!
Bob McLaughlin likes this.
BornSlippyZ is online now  
Old 06-16-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GoCaboNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,881
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Last year was "The Conjuring" but for this year, I just don't know. Any thoughts?
That new Purge?
I still haven't watched the first Purge yet. I got it several months ago and it's just been sitting here. Might as well save it for October now.
Good question. Will be curious what is out by October? I enjoyed The Purge but if Purge 2 is the tent pole of Octoberfest 2014 I would not be too stoked.

Listing of all 2014 horror flics. Some interesting titles but Zombeaver and Squirrels look to be the class of the group.

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/2014/horror?s=date





Location: Beaverton, Oregon
My Dedicated Home Theater Room
GoCaboNow is online now  
Old 06-16-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 4,226
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1471 Post(s)
Liked: 1255
Killer mermaid movie NYMPH:

Ken.F is offline  
Old 06-16-2014, 02:04 PM
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 36,583
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3035
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
They sold the forum
I didn't know that.
Hopefully, some long needed changes can happen now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
I liked the previous version better but it works.
I do too.
This new/old version is very clunky and not very user friendly (try using the MULTI-QUOTE function).
oink is offline  
Old 06-16-2014, 02:11 PM
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 36,583
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3035
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

Listing of all 2014 horror flics. Some interesting titles but Zombeaver and Squirrels look to be the class of the group.
And Sharknado 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Killer mermaid movie NYMPH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhClk8DkF4I
Nice.
oink is offline  
Old 06-16-2014, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,658
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
They sold the forum
I didn't know that.
Hopefully, some long needed changes can happen now.

Doubt it. The crew that bought it (VerticalScope) has a not so sterling rep online and I'm still banned from a thread for a show that had an episode talking about exactly what I got banned for.
darthrsg is offline  
Old 06-16-2014, 03:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GoCaboNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,881
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
They sold the forum
I didn't know that.
Hopefully, some long needed changes can happen now.

Doubt it. The crew that bought it (VerticalScope) has a not so sterling rep online and I'm still banned from a thread for a show that had an episode talking about exactly what I got banned for.
Seinfeld, Master of your domain episode?

Location: Beaverton, Oregon
My Dedicated Home Theater Room
GoCaboNow is online now  
Old 06-16-2014, 04:58 PM
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 36,583
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3035
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post



I'm still banned from a thread for a show that had an episode talking about exactly what I got banned for.
You're not the only one.....
oink is offline  
Old 06-17-2014, 02:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 2,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Good question. Will be curious what is out by October? I enjoyed The Purge but if Purge 2 is the tent pole of Octoberfest 2014 I would not be too stoked.

Listing of all 2014 horror flics. Some interesting titles but Zombeaver and Squirrels look to be the class of the group.

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/2014/horror?s=date




Studios should be firming up their home video release schedules in the next couple of months, possibly 7500 might make it out for October it all depends on CBS films.

"Oooh a puzzle box, I love puzzles"/ "Are you familiar with 'The Lament Configuration"/ "Actually I'm lousy at puzzles..."
tenthplanet is online now  
Old 06-17-2014, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,658
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Studios should be firming up their home video release schedules in the next couple of months, possibly 7500 might make it out for October it all depends on CBS films.
Either I'm to in tune with the genre and jaded or it feels like a weak year.
darthrsg is offline  
Old 06-17-2014, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,764
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1617 Post(s)
Liked: 1283
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) restored in 4K is up for pre-order on Amazon! Sept. 16 release!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Tex...SIN=B00L22H576
I don't have this yet on Blu so this will be a treat in Oct!
BornSlippyZ is online now  
Old 06-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Moderator
Moderator
 
PooperScooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Leominster MA
Posts: 21,698
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) restored in 4K is up for pre-order on Amazon! Sept. 16 release!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Tex...SIN=B00L22H576
I don't have this yet on Blu so this will be a treat in Oct!
This adds some "meat" as to why one would buy it given the work that was done for the previous master of the 2006 DVD release and subsequent BD.

larry

And the pantaloon duck, white gooseneck quacked: Webcor, Webcor
PooperScooper is offline  
Old 06-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Moderator
Moderator
 
PooperScooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Leominster MA
Posts: 21,698
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
I didn't know that.
Hopefully, some long needed changes can happen now.
The forum was sold causing the switch to Huddler. So it's the 2nd sale.

larry

And the pantaloon duck, white gooseneck quacked: Webcor, Webcor
PooperScooper is offline  
Old 06-17-2014, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GoCaboNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,881
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Either I'm to in tune with the genre and jaded or it feels like a weak year.
Agreed - so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) restored in 4K is up for pre-order on Amazon! Sept. 16 release!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Tex...SIN=B00L22H576
I don't have this yet on Blu so this will be a treat in Oct!
Why don't you pair it with a new 4K projector?

Did The Frankenstein Theory (2013). Mockumentary type setup. This one was not as annoying as a typical found footage since the camera shots were fairly normal. Not a very satisfying flic though. They do an extensive job of setting up the characters so, theoretically, one should care when they are in danger or offed. But when the crap hits the fan the offings are all done off screen. Some with over the top bone splintering noises but ZERO FX except for a few drops of blood and a simple body. Then, when it's time for the denouement, it doesn't come. No further payoff for the first 80 minutes of drudgery. It's like the movie TRIED to be smart the whole time and not pander to just gore, but when it came time to be really smart - there was nothing there? LOL. Still, for what had to be a really low budget, the acting was decent and the remote location, especially, was very convincing. Just needed to scrounge up a bit more dollars for some fx and re-think
the ending. And...

Location: Beaverton, Oregon
My Dedicated Home Theater Room
GoCaboNow is online now  
Old 06-17-2014, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,764
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1617 Post(s)
Liked: 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post
This adds some "meat" as to why one would buy it given the work that was done for the previous master of the 2006 DVD release and subsequent BD.

larry
Nice! I also see that Amazon has a 2 disc version as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Agreed - so far.



Why don't you pair it with a new 4K projector?
Ha, I wish. Right now I am having HDMI issues and I would be happy just to see 1080p now. One thing is I am learning a ton about extenders and why they have signal drop (my CAT wiring is unshielded). But I said fug it, my sons Birthday is Saturday and we are having a 'drive-in' party in my HT room so I just bought a long HDMI cable that I am going to run on the wall/ceiling to my Pj. If it works I will be a happy man!
BornSlippyZ is online now  
Old 06-17-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GoCaboNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,881
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Ha, I wish. Right now I am having HDMI issues and I would be happy just to see 1080p now. One thing is I am learning a ton about extenders and why they have signal drop (my CAT wiring is unshielded). But I said fug it, my sons Birthday is Saturday and we are having a 'drive-in' party in my HT room so I just bought a long HDMI cable that I am going to run on the wall/ceiling to my Pj. If it works I will be a happy man!
Nice! HDMI issues can be a pain. I had a MASSIVE problem with drop outs and literally had to unplug the hdmi cable from the avr and plug back in to re-initialize. Finally, swapped in a different cable in the chain and ZERO issues since, but it was six months of a royal pain.

Am doing a Lego Movie viewing party tonight. 11 kids...
BornSlippyZ likes this.

Location: Beaverton, Oregon
My Dedicated Home Theater Room
GoCaboNow is online now  
Old 06-17-2014, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,764
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1617 Post(s)
Liked: 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Nice! HDMI issues can be a pain. I had a MASSIVE problem with drop outs and literally had to unplug the hdmi cable from the avr and plug back in to re-initialize. Finally, swapped in a different cable in the chain and ZERO issues since, but it was six months of a royal pain.

Am doing a Lego Movie viewing party tonight. 11 kids...
I had to do that and I changed out my cables so I do think it is a CAT problem or interference issue. Until I can knock the room down to the studs and make a conduit to the PJ (and dedicated CB box), the outside use of a HDMI cable is the cheapest solution.

That is the movie my son will be watching on his B-Day! It sounds like you have a full house man! I can barely manage 2 kids and a cat!
BornSlippyZ is online now  
Old 06-17-2014, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,658
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Agreed - so far.



...


That just means a year for all my favorites.
darthrsg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off