October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 348 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1618Likes

post #10411 of 12131 Old 06-28-2014, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Trying that app now. Would the benefit of ISO playback mean menus?
You can keep menus if you like w/ iso. I take mine out.

I kinda regret doing everything iso and wish I went mkv from the get go. Much easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10412 of 12131 Old 06-28-2014, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 368
The Battery is on my list ad well, seems to be a fairly original entry to the z genre but yes, the filters and hipster vibe is annoying as hell.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #10413 of 12131 Old 06-28-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 172
I watched "Wolf Creek 2" which is on Netflix WI last night. Four bloody emus! And no 240p segments from WI either, all SuperHD. The neighbor kids must have found something else to do. I think I recall seeing the 2005 "Wolf Creek" in the prior decade. According to the extra (available online) the film doesn't use CG for effects but like a 70's movie real big rig going off the cliff.
post #10414 of 12131 Old 06-28-2014, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
I watched "Wolf Creek 2" which is on Netflix WI last night. Four bloody emus! And no 240p segments from WI either, all SuperHD. The neighbor kids must have found something else to do. I think I recall seeing the 2005 "Wolf Creek" in the prior decade. According to the extra (available online) the film doesn't use CG for effects but like a 70's movie real big rig going off the cliff.

I saw it also and was very disappointed. The first one was MUCH better.
post #10415 of 12131 Old 06-28-2014, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post
I saw it also and was very disappointed. The first one was MUCH better.
Then the first must be totally awesome because two is excellent.
post #10416 of 12131 Old 06-28-2014, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post
You can keep menus if you like w/ iso. I take mine out.

I kinda regret doing everything iso and wish I went mkv from the get go. Much easier.
Images stored on a HDD are a snap to convert to mkv. It goes much faster than reading straight from the optical drive. A 25GB blu ray image only takes about 10 minutes.
wizzack likes this.
post #10417 of 12131 Old 06-29-2014, 05:07 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Wow, I didn't realize Wolf Creek 2 was on NF streaming. I just looked at new releases in the last day or so and didn't notice it. I'll watch it today!

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #10418 of 12131 Old 06-29-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

"Fractured" is not really a horror film though it has many horror elements too it and is also available on Netflix streaming. It stars Callum Blue who was in the "Dead Like Me" series. He plays a guy who can't remember his past so goes in search of it. Full frontal warning to those who care one way or the other. Rating wise so-so probably why it got 2.5 stars but I found it entertaining and in a way an interesting approach to a film that does have a social message.
post #10419 of 12131 Old 07-02-2014, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Talk about "HORROR" - we keep getting little power outages here, just a second, but it not only shuts my computer down, it must disturb my cookies as i wind up logged off of a lot of sites including this one, and then i get no notifications of new posts. I have remember to get back in here and re-log on, and sometimes make a wasted post to make sure i will continue to get notifications. Pain in the butt!!!

Anyway, wifey is going out for a couple of hours after dinner, i am gonna look on Netflix for a horror movie.

never take life seriously
post #10420 of 12131 Old 07-02-2014, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
Talk about "HORROR" - we keep getting little power outages here, just a second, but it not only shuts my computer down, it must disturb my cookies as i wind up logged off of a lot of sites including this one, and then i get no notifications of new posts. I have remember to get back in here and re-log on, and sometimes make a wasted post to make sure i will continue to get notifications. Pain in the butt!!!

Anyway, wifey is going out for a couple of hours after dinner, i am gonna look on Netflix for a horror movie.
Get a little rain out there Yankeeman? Got slammedd here this afternoon, also checking out Netflix. I think its time for Wolf Creek 2.
post #10421 of 12131 Old 07-02-2014, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Hemlock Grove season two hits Netflix on July 11.
tenthplanet likes this.
post #10422 of 12131 Old 07-02-2014, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Get a little rain out there Yankeeman? Got slammedd here this afternoon, also checking out Netflix. I think its time for Wolf Creek 2.
Just a little rain, nothing really more than an average summer day here, we got lucky here. I hope you didnt get too bad there.

I gotta look for Wolf Creek 2. Just finished watching THE BAY. Interesting, i enjoyed it. Filmed in the style of real clips from a bunch of video cameras, its about a small town where people are breaking out with lesions and bumps and are getting eaten from the inside out by parasites. My kind of plot. Not the hightest budget movie, but it held my intrest and it was worth my time watching it.

post #10423 of 12131 Old 07-03-2014, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
Just a little rain, nothing really more than an average summer day here, we got lucky here. I hope you didnt get too bad there.

I gotta look for Wolf Creek 2. Just finished watching THE BAY. Interesting, i enjoyed it. Filmed in the style of real clips from a bunch of video cameras, its about a small town where people are breaking out with lesions and bumps and are getting eaten from the inside out by parasites. My kind of plot. Not the hightest budget movie, but it held my intrest and it was worth my time watching it.
Interesting, I watched The Bay awhile back and while the plot was interesting, I keep thinking it wasn't really that scary and someone like John Carpenter could have gotten so much more out of it. I didn't oink it though. Off to Wolf Creek 2 along with everybody else.

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #10424 of 12131 Old 07-03-2014, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

post #10425 of 12131 Old 07-03-2014, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Interesting, I watched The Bay awhile back and while the plot was interesting, I keep thinking it wasn't really that scary and someone like John Carpenter could have gotten so much more out of it. I didn't oink it though. Off to Wolf Creek 2 along with everybody else.
That seems to be the general concensus on the Bay and what I remembered hearing about the Returned movie I watched last night. Intersting, but not overly intense. The Returned was a good enough watch. Not an intense, action, gorefest, but done well, and the leads were very good. The main gal totally reminded me of Emma Stone. I KNEW it was a foreign made flic since it was done so proffessionally, and honestly. Had a French feel to it, if that makes any sense, and was shot in Ontario. Was really hoping the ending would take a more visceral, shoot em up, zombie batcrap hits the fan approach but was still an ok ending. Well done, but I probably could have watched it with my wife...

I may save Wolf Creek 1/2 for Octoberfest

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
post #10426 of 12131 Old 07-03-2014, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I have my systems running on UPS all over the house and U-Verse provides a UPS as the power supply for their gateway because it handles phone too. The TV and players even have a UPS. I did that when I had Comcast and hated waiting for the listings to refill after a 2 minute power outage. I awoke to "beep, beep, beep" the other morning but that was only a 30 second outage. Probably a squirrel committing suicide.

Not horror but a thinking man's apocalyptic movie is "After the Dark" on Netflix streaming. The description reads like yet another cheap made in a basement indie but it is not. Four mushroom clouds.
post #10427 of 12131 Old 07-03-2014, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

30 Years Ago Today: Remembering the Tragedy Involving the Return of the Living Dead
Click image for larger version

Name:	BrpFr5fCMAEScqd.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	146834
post #10428 of 12131 Old 07-03-2014, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Off to Wolf Creek 2 along with everybody else.
I watched that last night and enjoyed it. Now I have to go find Wolf Creek 1.
post #10429 of 12131 Old 07-03-2014, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
30 Years Ago Today: Remembering the Tragedy Involving the Return of the Living Dead
Attachment 146834
Awesome!

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
post #10430 of 12131 Old 07-03-2014, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Alright dudes and dudettes have a safe holiday out there. We'll be "those people" but keeping it real with "Goliath."

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140703_004.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	147186

GOLIATH contains 36 all time favorites combined with fabulous technology never before seen at home. There are artillery shells with tails, others with crackle, and some with changing colors. Watch out for the palm trees, chrysanthemums and whirlwinds. This one is loaded with shells that give you two distinct breaks in the air at the same time. You will want to salute the spectacular new triple break, an industry breakthrough that paints the sky with three patterns at one time. A Great Grand Finale!!

The Tubes
The HDPE tubes are a single piece mold that assures optimal conditioning of the mortar for launching and unrivaled safety standards. No cardboard or fiberglass tubes can match the reliability of our mortars. Be wary of competitor's claims to the contrary. Other kits may use an HDPE tube, but a tube glued or stapled to a base cannot compete with our single piece molded base.

The Shells
The assortment comes with 36 reloadable shells including: 12 singles, 6 doubles, 6 triples, and 12 canisters.

The Goliath contains 36 shells with a wide array of effects:

Silver & Green Glitter
Purple Peony & Crackling Stars
Green & Crackling Stars to Silver & Purple Stars
Blue & Silver Glitter to Purple & Crackling Stars
Green Peony to Red Peony
Blue Peony to Purple Peony
Red & Crackling to Green & Crackling to Blue & Crackling
Green to Silver to Red & Silver to Blue to Silver
Green w/Red Palm to Red w/Green Palm to Blue w/Red Palm
Crackling to Color Chrysanthemum to Silver Glitter
Blue Stars to White Stars to Red Stars
Green Glitter to Golden Glitter to Silver Glitter
Multi Colored Stars
Green Peony
Yellow Peony w/Green Stars
Golden Glitter
Color Chrysanthemum
Crackling Single
Yellow Chrysanthemum
Silver Glitter
Crackling Canister
Jumbo Red Stars
Green Glitter w/Crackling Pistil
Blue Stars w/Crackling Pistil

The best part is no trash in the yard. It's all 5 miles away.
GoCaboNow and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #10431 of 12131 Old 07-03-2014, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Alright dudes and dudettes have a safe holiday out there. We'll be "those people" but keeping it real with "Goliath."

Attachment 147186

GOLIATH contains 36 all time favorites combined with fabulous technology never before seen at home. There are artillery shells with tails, others with crackle, and some with changing colors. Watch out for the palm trees, chrysanthemums and whirlwinds. This one is loaded with shells that give you two distinct breaks in the air at the same time. You will want to salute the

spectacular new triple break, an industry breakthrough that paints the sky with three patterns at one time. A Great Grand Finale!!

The Tubes
The HDPE tubes are a single piece mold that assures optimal conditioning of the mortar for launching and unrivaled safety standards. No cardboard or fiberglass tubes can match the reliability of our mortars. Be wary of competitor's claims to the contrary. Other kits may use an HDPE tube, but a tube glued or stapled to a base cannot compete with our single piece molded base.

The Shells
The assortment comes with 36 reloadable shells including: 12 singles, 6 doubles, 6 triples, and 12 canisters.

The Goliath contains 36 shells with a wide array of effects:

Silver & Green Glitter
Purple Peony & Crackling Stars
Green & Crackling Stars to Silver & Purple Stars
Blue & Silver Glitter to Purple & Crackling Stars
Green Peony to Red Peony
Blue Peony to Purple Peony
Red & Crackling to Green & Crackling to Blue & Crackling
Green to Silver to Red & Silver to Blue to Silver
Green w/Red Palm to Red w/Green Palm to Blue w/Red Palm
Crackling to Color Chrysanthemum to Silver Glitter
Blue Stars to White Stars to Red Stars
Green Glitter to Golden Glitter to Silver Glitter
Multi Colored Stars
Green Peony
Yellow Peony w/Green Stars
Golden Glitter
Color Chrysanthemum
Crackling Single
Yellow Chrysanthemum
Silver Glitter
Crackling Canister
Jumbo Red Stars
Green Glitter w/Crackling Pistil
Blue Stars w/Crackling Pistil

The best part is no trash in the yard. It's all 5 miles away.
Woo hoo, looks like a good time. Running out to the armoury first thing in the AM. Had to work late all week and had no time to stock up. They have great 2 for 1 sales and sell the real deal. BTW,Wolf Creek 2, 3.5 road kill kangaroos.
post #10432 of 12131 Old 07-04-2014, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Man I miss lighting off fireworks! I thought when I moved from CA to OH, I thought I could once again partake in fireworks, but nope. I can buy fireworks here but I can't light them off in my yard. Oh well at least I get to grill out and drink today!

You guys have a great 4th of July!

October HorrorFest Participant
post #10433 of 12131 Old 07-04-2014, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

"Banshee Chapter" was added yesterday to Netflix streaming. It's about a woman reporter played by Katia Winter who tries to find her boyfriend, played by Michael McMillian ("True Blood") who disappears after taking a mysterious drug related to MK-Ultra experiments. Along the way she teams up with a Hunter S Thompson inspired character played by Ted Levine ("Monk", "The Bridge"). Good conspiracy horror sci-fi fun shot a bit like a V/H/S story. Three vials of tri-methyl whatever.
post #10434 of 12131 Old 07-06-2014, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

^That movie sounds cool! I will check that one out in Oct!

You guys talking about Wolf Creek2 gave me motivation to see if it was at RB, well it wasn't so I rented Afflicted on DVD instead. For a found footage film, it was decent (3 Super strong Zombies) and worth a rent for the Oct pile. I also had time to play with the setting on my PJ and now I know why people pay $200+ dollars or more to get it calibrated. After a few hours I got the black level pretty darn good for this Pj and watching AVPR was a fantastic test with all of the dark scenes in that film. I can finally see in detail what is going on in the darker scenes!

Anybody here buying Cannibal Holocaust on BD? Lake Placid is also coming out this week from Shout that looks pretty cool!

post #10435 of 12131 Old 07-07-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
"Banshee Chapter" was added yesterday to Netflix streaming. It's about a woman reporter played by Katia Winter who tries to find her boyfriend, played by Michael McMillian ("True Blood") who disappears after taking a mysterious drug related to MK-Ultra experiments. Along the way she teams up with a Hunter S Thompson inspired character played by Ted Levine ("Monk", "The Bridge"). Good conspiracy horror sci-fi fun shot a bit like a V/H/S story. Three vials of tri-methyl whatever.
Watched this yesterday. I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for the tip!

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #10436 of 12131 Old 07-07-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

post #10437 of 12131 Old 07-07-2014, 12:30 PM

^^^ I'll definitely watch it, but it looks like the may be getting a little carried away, maybe trying to outdo themselves.

larry

post #10438 of 12131 Old 07-07-2014, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post
^^^ I'll definitely watch it, but it looks like the may be getting a little carried away, maybe trying to outdo themselves.

larry
Agreed, that trailer was all shock value and offered nothing of substance IMO.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #10439 of 12131 Old 07-07-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Awe yeah VHS3! October is 3 months away!

That Alien Abduction Slumber Party still creeps me out when I see clips of it!

post #10440 of 12131 Old 07-07-2014, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I havent seen ANY of the VHS movies, based on this trailer i guess i should watch the first two and see this one when it comes out!!!
ApolloCreed and BornSlippyZ like this.

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page