October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 353 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 297Likes

post #10561 of 10984 Old 07-22-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by general kenobi View Post
another for the pile, in select theaters and vod 9/21:

Honeymoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orsh2chmew4

Rad!

October HorrorFest Participant

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; 07-22-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10562 of 10984 Old 07-22-2014, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
The screams were worse than the actual visuals of the accidents.

Yep, the documentary shows that Signal 30 film and talks about how they made that film, it is on Amazon streaming for those interested in it. I don't remember what they showed in my drivers ed, but this film still impacted me when I watched it a few days ago. Some gnarly stuff that is for sure.
Signal 30, I remember this as the Drivers. Ed version of an urban legend. People knew about it but no one had seen it themselves

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #10563 of 10984 Old 07-23-2014, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
I hate to see us losing people and/or posts here due to the change in forum format. A lot of forums I have been on have changed and usually for the worst, and I just put up with it and get used to it even when its a pain. I hope we have a full group for October, thats so much fun, but also just daily now I want everyone to be here.

Hey, I just got 3 Showtime channels from my cable company for a year on a promo deal, so I will have more movies to choose from all year when looking for horror. I have the DVR set up to record VHS already on one of these channels, i have never seen VHS, looking forward to it.

never take life seriously
post #10564 of 10984 Old 07-23-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 741
Possible pile candidate. I'll watch any anthology at least once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steam: Guts
post #10565 of 10984 Old 07-23-2014, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

post #10566 of 10984 Old 07-23-2014, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Man I miss Joe Bob Briggs!
tenthplanet and GoCaboNow like this.

post #10567 of 10984 Old 07-23-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
I would also like to present some worthy movies for the pile!

and last but not least ANNABELLE!

http://youtu.be/FQjVtVhmWy8
And this I can't wait for!
post #10568 of 10984 Old 07-23-2014, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, I just enjoyed very much my first time watching V/H/S. Had to concentrate a lot, and sometimes a little too long between the gorey action, but enough shocks and gore to keep me happy. Now I want to see #2 , is that out or is it coming?

post #10569 of 10984 Old 07-23-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
Well, I just enjoyed very much my first time watching V/H/S. Had to concentrate a lot, and sometimes a little too long between the gorey action, but enough shocks and gore to keep me happy. Now I want to see #2 , is that out or is it coming?
It's out there,on Netflix. Enjoy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
yankeeman likes this.
post #10570 of 10984 Old 07-23-2014, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

VHS2 is awesome and it is up your alley Yankeeman!
yankeeman likes this.

post #10571 of 10984 Old 07-24-2014, 12:13 AM
AVS Special Member

One more for the pile, "The Quiet Ones" releases in August, I have one on pre-order.
Once Deliver Us From Evil releases on home video that could be one for the pile too.

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #10572 of 10984 Old 07-24-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
One more for the pile, "The Quiet Ones" releases in August, I have one on pre-order.
Once Deliver Us From Evil releases on home video that could be one for the pile too.
As awesome as that trailer looked it seriously bombed, 30% RT

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #10573 of 10984 Old 07-24-2014, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
All Cheerleaders Die
DVD and Blu-ray release isn't until July 22 but it's at Redbox on DVD now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBB6GpmT4kY

Now available on Netflix WI.

I don't recommend anyone spending a significant amount of money to see this one but it's worth a watch if you already have a Netflix streaming plan.
post #10574 of 10984 Old 07-24-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post
Can you remind me again what new releases I was getting excited about for Octoberfest?

post #10575 of 10984 Old 07-24-2014, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Can you remind me again what new releases I was getting excited about for Octoberfest?
Looking about as dry as the state I live in buddy. There are a few less recent titles I will add in and of course Wolf Creek 2 but other than that it will probably be more of the same favs from years past unless I can pull some awesome titles from IFC Midnight's list which is always robust and awesome. Only problem with that is if your service provider does not offer IFC Midnight OnDemand it is a royal PITA to find many of them.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #10576 of 10984 Old 07-24-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Looking about as dry as the state I live in buddy. There are a few less recent titles I will add in and of course Wolf Creek 2 but other than that it will probably be more of the same favs from years past unless I can pull some awesome titles from IFC Midnight's list which is always robust and awesome. Only problem with that is if your service provider does not offer IFC Midnight OnDemand it is a royal PITA to find many of them.
Last year 30 out of 39 Octoberfest movies were First Time Views with an average score of 3.25 out of 5. The year prior I had about as many FTV's, but average score was in the 2's and had more stinkers. I was hoping to have as many FTV's this year AND have decent quality. Wolf Creek and Wolf Creek 2 are on my list and still have some work to do...

post #10577 of 10984 Old 07-24-2014, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I hope I can find a bunch of first time views this October. I am going all out and getting Netflix for the month/3 BD's out at a time. I haven't had Netflix since 2008 so I hope I can still get decent movies delivered or decent stream quality from them. I think I am going to watch all of the Exorcist movies first and then Frankensteins Army. Then I am probably going to get a PG13 Horror movie like Dark Skies to watch with my better half. That movie imo has a decent effect of being scary and especially for someone that doesn't watch any Horror movies.

post #10578 of 10984 Old 07-24-2014, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I hope I can find a bunch of first time views this October. I am going all out and getting Netflix for the month/3 BD's out at a time. I haven't had Netflix since 2008 so I hope I can still get decent movies delivered or decent stream quality from them. I think I am going to watch all of the Exorcist movies first and then Frankensteins Army. Then I am probably going to get a PG13 Horror movie like Dark Skies to watch with my better half. That movie imo has a decent effect of being scary and especially for someone that doesn't watch any Horror movies.
Nice! Loved Frank's Army! Mostly for the last 30-40 minutes and the KA bass. Shooting to get it in again this year and turn it up.

I only do media on my projector. Have the NF 2 out and augment with catalog and even the local libray. Flipped NF pretty well last year and had close to 20 titles shipped for October. Hoping Redbox is a resource as well.

I make it a point to get my wife in for at least ONE horror movie in October. Nothing like Inside or Last House etc, but usually some kind of fun, crossover type flic. We cheated last year and called Pacific Rim her horror movie.
tenthplanet and BornSlippyZ like this.

post #10579 of 10984 Old 07-24-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
+10000 on Frank's Army. Worth another viewing in the nest future.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #10580 of 10984 Old 07-24-2014, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

I will probably end up buying Frankenstein's Army if I love it but for $10, it looks like it would be a winner, especially for bass like what Go cabo said.

I think the last hard R horror movie my wife and I watched for Halloween was The Decent. I had to stop the movie midway because my wife was scared out of her mind Ha! That was just on my tv back then and not on my Pj setup. In her defense she does get really bad nightmares. She sits up in her sleep in the middle of the night and I calmly tell her everything is ok. It freaks me out at times, like stuff in The Fourth Kind, but when someone is doing stuff in their sleep it is best to be calm, or so I was told.

post #10581 of 10984 Old 07-24-2014, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Who goes to a horror movie around the 4th of July, willing to take a chance on it if it's out before Oct. 31st.
GoCaboNow likes this.

post #10582 of 10984 Old 07-24-2014, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I will probably end up buying Frankenstein's Army if I love it but for $10, it looks like it would be a winner, especially for bass like what Go cabo said.

I think the last hard R horror movie my wife and I watched for Halloween was The Decent. I had to stop the movie midway because my wife was scared out of her mind Ha! That was just on my tv back then and not on my Pj setup. In her defense she does get really bad nightmares. She sits up in her sleep in the middle of the night and I calmly tell her everything is ok. It freaks me out at times, like stuff in The Fourth Kind, but when someone is doing stuff in their sleep it is best to be calm, or so I was told.
FA is well worth 10 dollars. Get it.

post #10583 of 10984 Old 07-25-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

I cant wait for October. Hope we get a lot of people involved.

I may disappoint everyone though with my choices of movies, as i am watching horror stuff i havent seen NOW and will watch more AFTER October. I have decided that in October this year i want to spend a whole month going thru my personal favorites that i have on dvd. So you guys will know them all, you will like some, not like some, but i wont be presenting anything new. Sorry, but i am really in the mood for a month of my personal horror classics!!!!

Also this October, i am gonna try to bust past the 31 movie mark. In the past, i either just barely hit 31 or came up short, and this time i want to see if i can watch more. Now that i have a second good viewing area away from the wifey i can watch horror anytime i want, so that will help.

But i hope that we get people participating no matter how many movies they can watch. Even if its 5 the whole month, participate!! This is fun!!!
tenthplanet and BornSlippyZ like this.

post #10584 of 10984 Old 07-25-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Yankee, I applaud you and I agree you have to have some classics thrown in the mix for Oct! I will be trying to keep up with not only the Horror flicks, but all of the summer action/Sci movies that are releasing in Oct. it is going to be a fun month!

I know some people watch that Showtime show Penny Dreadful with the beautiful Eva Green, well I watched another movie with her in it, 300 Rise of an Empire. I know not horror but tons of blood and dismemberment, and Eva topless! Worth the rent guys!
yankeeman and tenthplanet like this.

post #10585 of 10984 Old 07-25-2014, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
I cant wait for October. Hope we get a lot of people involved.

I may disappoint everyone though with my choices of movies, as i am watching horror stuff i havent seen NOW and will watch more AFTER October. I have decided that in October this year i want to spend a whole month going thru my personal favorites that i have on dvd. So you guys will know them all, you will like some, not like some, but i wont be presenting anything new. Sorry, but i am really in the mood for a month of my personal horror classics!!!!

Also this October, i am gonna try to bust past the 31 movie mark. In the past, i either just barely hit 31 or came up short, and this time i want to see if i can watch more. Now that i have a second good viewing area away from the wifey i can watch horror anytime i want, so that will help.

But i hope that we get people participating no matter how many movies they can watch. Even if its 5 the whole month, participate!! This is fun!!!
I plan to hit the faves pretty hard myself. Last year I did the NOES and Phantasm series. Of course I'll mine whatever crap floats up on Amazon and Netflix too.

Not sure if any of you care but I like adding the stuff I watch over here.

post #10586 of 10984 Old 07-25-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yankee, I applaud you and I agree you have to have some classics thrown in the mix for Oct! I will be trying to keep up with not only the Horror flicks, but all of the summer action/Sci movies that are releasing in Oct. it is going to be a fun month!

I know some people watch that Showtime show Penny Dreadful with the beautiful Eva Green, well I watched another movie with her in it, 300 Rise of an Empire. I know not horror but tons of blood and dismemberment, and Eva topless! Worth the rent guys!
If you have access to 3D, the 3D is decent, but your enjoyment of Eva will be fine in 2D also.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #10587 of 10984 Old 07-25-2014, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
I plan to hit the faves pretty hard myself. Last year I did the NOES and Phantasm series. Of course I'll mine whatever crap floats up on Amazon and Netflix too.

Not sure if any of you care but I like adding the stuff I watch over here.
Nice list, you're up on your films.

post #10588 of 10984 Old 07-25-2014, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Nice list, you're up on your films.
Sometimes I just get on a spree and add what I know I've seen for the sake of completion but it's pretty accurate on what is recently viewed.

post #10589 of 10984 Old 07-25-2014, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
If you have access to 3D, the 3D is decent, but your enjoyment of Eva will be fine in 2D also.
I could tell that movie was done for 3D and I will get it when it goes on clearance on Black Friday!

post #10590 of 10984 Old 07-25-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I am also going to catch Hemlock Grove on netflix. I also didn't know Famke was on that show!

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page