October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 357 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 290Likes

post #10681 of 10967 Old 08-11-2014, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post
Agreed, would love to see his haunted houses but the volume of content would be huge at US. Been a while since I saw metal show, I think NIN was the last one I went to if that counts. Back in the day I used to do Ozzfest regularly... Slipknot, Manson, Mudvayne, System of a Down, Tool, etc. Fun times. I think I would die if I tried to do an all day event like that if I started booz'n at 11am.
My wife dragged me to "harefest" a few weeks ago with some friends. Outdoor "venue' of 7 hours for six copy cat bands. Guns N Roses, ACDC, Bon Jovi, Van Halen and I forget the rest? I guess that is classic rock?

Or it was a horror show?

Cheap booze though, and alot of people dressed up in 80's gear - though some it may not have been dress up.

The Van Halen lead singer was a little pudgy and he told the crowd he may not be jumping as high as he used to because his knee was bad. It was a funny night.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10682 of 10967 Old 08-12-2014, 03:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
My wife dragged me to "harefest" a few weeks ago with some friends. Outdoor "venue' of 7 hours for six copy cat bands. Guns N Roses, ACDC, Bon Jovi, Van Halen and I forget the rest? I guess that is classic rock?

Or it was a horror show?

Cheap booze though, and alot of people dressed up in 80's gear - though some it may not have been dress up.

The Van Halen lead singer was a little pudgy and he told the crowd he may not be jumping as high as he used to because his knee was bad. It was a funny night.
Horror yes ! Our kind of horror

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #10683 of 10967 Old 08-12-2014, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 212
Man I use to go to some of these rockfests but today I really don't think I would last. Aren't these music concerts uber expensive now? I get invites all the time to electronic music festivals and even at discounted rates, it is way to pricey, plus I feel I am a little 'old' for those electronic shows. Last rock concert I have seen was Rain (The Beatles tribute band) in Sacramento. They were surprisingly good!

October HorrorFest Participant
post #10684 of 10967 Old 08-12-2014, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Kenobi, are you doing a Halloween setup at the house this year?

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10685 of 10967 Old 08-12-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:

Or it was a horror show?

I'm getting pretty burned out on these reunion tours, I know the music is still good but I just can't open my wallet to see a bunch of guys that look like they belong in line for prescriptions and prostate exams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Man I use to go to some of these rockfests but today I really don't think I would last. Aren't these music concerts uber expensive now? I get invites all the time to electronic music festivals and even at discounted rates, it is way to pricey, plus I feel I am a little 'old' for those electronic shows. Last rock concert I have seen was Rain (The Beatles tribute band) in Sacramento. They were surprisingly good!
I really wanted to see Country in the Park last weekend in Sac. It sold out and I tried to win tickets on the radio but no joy. I probably listen to country and rockabilly more than anything else these days, maybe some Maler, Sibelius, or Bach/Milstein or occasional Jazz/Bluegrass. #gettingold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post
Kenobi, are you doing a Halloween setup at the house this year?
Jury is out on that one my friend. I'm trying my derndest to get a new job so I am not splitting my week between the bay area and Sac so a lot will depend on that. That said, weather it is this October or next, my next mini-haunt will be Event Horizon themed. Sucks that this new site can't embed vimeo, my last one got wiped out with my sig with the conversion to the new forum

http://vimeo.com/70697935
wizzack, GoCaboNow and BornSlippyZ like this.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #10686 of 10967 Old 08-12-2014, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Man I use to go to some of these rockfests but today I really don't think I would last. Aren't these music concerts uber expensive now?
Yeah, these were just tribute bands. $25 to get in.

Watched Alien Tresspass last night. Not what I was expecting. A light hearted, period piece. I think it was exaclty what the director wanted and had a real idyllic 50's feel to it. Very "aw shucksy" and wholesome - probably could have been "G" rated. Not what I normally look for, but if you like 50's nostalgia it might work.

post #10687 of 10967 Old 08-12-2014, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Stage Fright. I'm on the fence if it's brilliant due to being a little half baked but still lots of fun. It's on Netflix Instant and should be considered for the October pile IMHO.
post #10688 of 10967 Old 08-12-2014, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Thought it looked familiar. I rented it on DVD a few years ago. Funky but fun.
post #10689 of 10967 Old 08-13-2014, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Netflix has another "found footage" movie I liked called "Alien Abduction". It actually has some good "chills" in it too. I'll give it 3.5 rattling cans.

Boy do those little inexpensive Sony camcorders take great video.
post #10690 of 10967 Old 08-13-2014, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Netflix has another "found footage" movie I liked called "Alien Abduction". It actually has some good "chills" in it too. I'll give it 3.5 rattling cans.

Boy do those little inexpensive Sony camcorders take great video.
This one is for the Pile and good to hear you liked it!

post #10691 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Jury is out on that one my friend. I'm trying my derndest to get a new job so I am not splitting my week between the bay area and Sac so a lot will depend on that. That said, weather it is this October or next, my next mini-haunt will be Event Horizon themed. Sucks that this new site can't embed vimeo, my last one got wiped out with my sig with the conversion to the new forum

http://vimeo.com/70697935
Ohhhh yeah! Killer! You ending up selling that mask? Even if you don't do the haunt it's still cool to see what you do around the house.

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #10692 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Putting this here so I can find it later.

http://www.reddit.com/r/horror/comme..._asian_horror/

Steam: Guts
post #10693 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I like the top 20 films by category. For some reason, cracks me up they have a "KAIJU" category - lol.

post #10694 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I like the top 20 films by category. For some reason, cracks me up they have a "KAIJU" category - lol.
Going through the lists and I've seen nearly all of them until the Australasian and French lists. I'm a sad excuse for a person.
GoCaboNow likes this.

post #10695 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post
Ohhhh yeah! Killer! You ending up selling that mask? Even if you don't do the haunt it's still cool to see what you do around the house.
Yeah, I held on to it until the following October when CFX had no inventory and then threw it up on ebay. Basically recovered my cost to buy it new My plan was to buy a new one but can''t plan on plans I guess We'll see how this October shakes out but I think 2015 will be the year Event Horizon comes home.

Quote:

I've sen about 2/3 of those. Some solid ones in there but some real stinkers too. I have Noroi the Curse on a region 3 DVD. Was pretty interesting found footage ghost story with some very creepy moments but the pacing felt a bit awkward.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #10696 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

If you guys have a chance to play the new P.T. game demo, do it! I haven't jumped and yelled F--- in a long time!

post #10697 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nice lists! I am going to try and hit up some of those I haven't seen!

post #10698 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

"The Den" starts out a little slowly but builds up steam later on. Instead of "found footage" it is about a woman who witnesses a gruesome murder online and much of the scenes are captures of her browser. But there are certainly "web cam", "phone cam" and "go cam" scenes in the movie. Disturbing and I liked it. It's available on NF WI.
post #10699 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Watched "Under The Skin" last night, absolutely got sucked into it, loved it. Creepiest music score I've heard in a long time, and creepiest girl trying to score too! The second "submersion" scene about made me crap my pants.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #10700 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post
Watched "Under The Skin" last night, absolutely got sucked into it, loved it. Creepiest music score I've heard in a long time, and creepiest girl trying to score too! The second "submersion" scene about made me crap my pants.
Nothing creepy about that movie. I thought it stank. Besides the naked scenes with scarlett johansson. 😈
post #10701 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
+1!

post #10702 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hmm, I was going to skip this as not a lot of positives in the other thread. May throw this in the queue - you never know.

post #10703 of 10967 Old 08-14-2014, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 167
It's not for everyone--the pacing and plot will be a deal breaker for many--but it's one of those movies that gets, well, under your skin! And it's one of those movies that remind me of the power of pure cinema--just really cool.

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #10704 of 10967 Old 08-15-2014, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It's not for everyone--the pacing and plot will be a deal breaker for many--but it's one of those movies that gets, well, under your skin! And it's one of those movies that remind me of the power of pure cinema--just really cool.
Seconded.

post #10705 of 10967 Old 08-15-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Liked: 159
Quote:
If it's not for everyone than I will probably like it.
stevew24963 likes this.

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #10706 of 10967 Old 08-16-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Watched "All Cheerleaders Die" last night on NF WI. Not really scared and more a supernatural dark comedy than horror but still fairly entertaining. I'll give it a high school C+.
wizzack and stevew24963 like this.
post #10707 of 10967 Old 08-16-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Watched "All Cheerleaders Die" last night on NF WI. Not really scared and more a supernatural dark comedy than horror but still fairly entertaining. I'll give it a high school C+.
Watched this last week,as said, not much horror ,but not unwatchable. The Den is on tabs tonight.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
post #10708 of 10967 Old 08-16-2014, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
The Den is on tabs tonight.
What is tabs?
post #10709 of 10967 Old 08-17-2014, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
What is tabs?
Error.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
post #10710 of 10967 Old 08-17-2014, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Hi guys. Just got back from a 5-day vacation. Came back wiped out from heat, too many stairs for my creaky knees, and other physical problems. It was a HORROR!!!

Anyway, before i left i watched half of Sharknado-2, and now i dont remember hardly anything of it, so i get the enjoyment of starting it back at the beginning and watching the whole thing!!! Yay!!!

By the way, yesterday i warned my wife that October is coming and that this year i want to try to watch MORE than 31 movies and i just got stared at.
wizzack likes this.

never take life seriously
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page