October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 365 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 281Likes

post #10921 of 10945 Old 09-10-2014, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
The Dark Days sequel is pretty good too.
Didnt know about that one, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10922 of 10945 Old 09-10-2014, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Well wishes and positive energy to you in the format of your choosing.
I couldn't say it any better. And General K. is awesome as always.

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #10923 of 10945 Old 09-10-2014, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quickie horror film question...I've noticed that the film 'Mama' has gotten fairly inexpensive on disc.Should I rent it or buy it. I never got around to seeing it. I'm leaning towards buying it because many rental discs lack special features.

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #10924 of 10945 Old 09-11-2014, 03:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Quickie horror film question...I've noticed that the film 'Mama' has gotten fairly inexpensive on disc.Should I rent it or buy it. I never got around to seeing it. I'm leaning towards buying it because many rental discs lack special features.
I think it's worth a buy.
post #10925 of 10945 Old 09-11-2014, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

Having seen it already, I would personally not buy it. However, if the price is low and you haven't seen it, I say go for it especially if you're interested in the extras.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10926 of 10945 Old 09-11-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
Having seen it already, I would personally not buy it. However, if the price is low and you haven't seen it, I say go for it especially if you're interested in the extras.
I wanted more from it but it deserves a watch.

Spoiler!

Steam: Guts
post #10927 of 10945 Old 09-11-2014, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
I was unimpressed with mama. This light switch cover on the other hand needs to be purchased by all of us!

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #10928 of 10945 Old 09-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
I wanted more from it but it deserves a watch.

Spoiler!

Couldn't agree more. Those were my impressions when I first saw it as well.
Spoiler!

post #10929 of 10945 Old 09-11-2014, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 129
sending positive vibes GK! stay strong broseph.
General Kenobi likes this.

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #10930 of 10945 Old 09-11-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
I think it's worth a buy.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post
I was unimpressed with mama. This light switch cover on the other hand needs to be purchased by all of us!

Thanks guys! I just ordered Mama, Dark Days, and The Collection. I'll skip the switch plate fingers and teeth don't go together

post #10931 of 10945 Old 09-11-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 736
Quote:
Couldn't agree more. Those were my impressions when I first saw it as well.
Spoiler!
Yep.

Steam: Guts
post #10932 of 10945 Old 09-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Always ready for October here!
tenthplanet and wizzack like this.
post #10933 of 10945 Old 09-12-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:

Wow, i want that so bad, but i bet my wife wouldnt let me put it up anywhere in the condo.

never take life seriously
post #10934 of 10945 Old 09-12-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I watched "Antisocial" on Netflix last night. Not a great film and probably deserves about 2.5 stars though it sorta builds towards the end. It's about a bunch of college age kids partying New Years Eve at a house as the world goes insane outside. It's sort of an updated "Pulse".
tenthplanet and wizzack like this.
post #10935 of 10945 Old 09-12-2014, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

i really can't stand this site anymore. avs you stink.

happy Friday!
darthrsg likes this.

31 Days of Horror:

post #10936 of 10945 Old 09-12-2014, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

happy Friday!
Wha happen? Did a virus leak over from the hardware section? Otherwise...Security we got a runner headed for the AVS wall Happy Saturday in advance.

post #10937 of 10945 Old 09-12-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
Wow, i want that so bad, but i bet my wife wouldnt let me put it up anywhere in the condo.
Tell her it's a halloween decoration and you will switch back to the original cover say Nov 15th. Do this every year.
yankeeman likes this.

post #10938 of 10945 Old 09-13-2014, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Wha happen? Did a virus leak over from the hardware section? Otherwise...Security we got a runner headed for the AVS wall Happy Saturday in advance.
just grumpy i guess. i can't get this site to run smoothly on my phone anymore. must be an ID 10T error.

31 Days of Horror:

post #10939 of 10945 Old 09-13-2014, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Honeymoon also looks good, I think I posted about that a while back. Release date on IMDB is 9/12/14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrSh2CHmEW4
Honeymoon is on VUDU now. Looks good enough for a rent next month! Take my money faster if Isla Fisher played the lead instead.

31 Days of Horror:

post #10940 of 10945 Old 09-13-2014, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:

happy Friday!
I visit it using Firefox and the Bluhell Firewall turned on which does away with the ads. The ads servers are so slow that I would start to read something and then the scroll reset due to late ads. No more.

Asia is always good at supernatural horror films and "Rigor Mortis" is no exception. I watched it last night on Netflix. I seemed to like it better than most since they rated it at two stars and I would say 3.5. It's difficult to find any US films that get the supernatural that good but then it is a part of Asian culture.
post #10941 of 10945 Old 09-13-2014, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
I visit it using Firefox and the Bluhell Firewall turned on which does away with the ads. The ads servers are so slow that I would start to read something and then the scroll reset due to late ads. No more.

Asia is always good at supernatural horror films and "Rigor Mortis" is no exception. I watched it last night on Netflix. I seemed to like it better than most since they rated it at two stars and I would say 3.5. It's difficult to find any US films that get the supernatural that good but then it is a part of Asian culture.
The fact that you gave it 3.5 carries more weight in this thread, the fact that you like is really the only thing that matters.
Oh those ad servers, the unblocker one is really slow. I usually don't mind ads but this one just seems to try to bog everything down.

post #10942 of 10945 Old 09-13-2014, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Honeymoon is on VUDU now. Looks good enough for a rent next month! Take my money faster if Isla Fisher played the lead instead.
I hope it's better than the trailer, the trailer was not that scary, but going by what some critics have said there is a better picture than you might think. I'm willing to chance it when it goes to Netflix

post #10943 of 10945 Old Today, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Last night we watched "The Quiet Ones" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2235779/?ref_=nv_sr_1

All I knew going into this one was that it was by Hammer Films which did "The Woman In Black" recently which the wife and I both really enjoyed. The best thing I can say about this movie is that I enjoyed the atmosphere and the fact that it was supposed to be set in the early to mid 70's. This made it feel more like an actual film from that period such as other British movies of the time. This definitely added to the creepy factor and I dare say it would not have felt as ominous had it been set in present day. Nothing we haven't seen before and there are no complex plot twists or surprises really. This left us feeling a little cheated and the movie is mostly forgettable soon after watching it. The ending is a bit hasty and tidy as well. I felt like the story needed another half hour to develop. Anyway, not totally un-enjoyable.

post #10944 of 10945 Old Today, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 212
This past weekend I gave Oculus a rent at RB. It really wasn't that good of a movie, but the audio (bass) was what kept me watching the movie.

October HorrorFest Participant
post #10945 of 10945 Old Today, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
This past weekend I gave Oculus a rent at RB. It really wasn't that good of a movie, but the audio (bass) was what kept me watching the movie.

I sort of saw that a few weeks ago at a friends house. I say "sort of" because I was fading in and out of consciousness the whole time. It was a combination of fatigue from a really long day, followed by copious amounts of alcohol while watching a movie that wasn't really holding my interest. It had it's moments but not great.

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page