October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 366 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 290Likes

post #10951 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Not necessarily horror (horror lite/big destruction) but the new Godzilla could be added to peoples list!

October HorrorFest Participant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10952 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Not necessarily horror (horror lite/big destruction) but the new Godzilla could be added to peoples list!
Meh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steam: Guts
post #10953 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Better believe it. This will be the wife's horror movie for October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Meh.
Don't make me chortle uncontrollably. Your virgin, mal adjusted slasher takes out a few meddling teenagers and it's a horror movie? But a huge monster, that can destroy entire cities is not?

Lol. Actually, I have not seen it, but is going on my October list.

post #10954 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Better believe it. This will be the wife's horror movie for October.

Don't make me chortle uncontrollably. Your virgin, mal adjusted slasher takes out a few meddling teenagers and it's a horror movie? But a huge monster, that can destroy entire cities is not?

Lol. Actually, I have not seen it, but is going on my October list.
Meh as in it wasn't very good. I wanted to like it.

post #10955 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Meh as in it wasn't very good. I wanted to like it.
Ah. Reviews do seem pretty mixed on it. My youngest loves the 1998 version so will probably get this for her and the family for October. Though this one does not sound as light hearted as the 98 one.

post #10956 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I liked the movie better than the 1998 one. My only gripe is that the deep, big pounding bass isn't there like WOTW or Cloverfield. Oh well, I enjoyed the movie and I liked the all of the creatures.

post #10957 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I liked the movie better than the 1998 one. My only gripe is that the deep, big pounding bass isn't there like WOTW or Cloverfield. Oh well, I enjoyed the movie and I liked the all of the creatures.
Yeah, I read the bluray.com review a few days ago and they gushed.

"This is, quite simply, one of the top handful of audio experiences the Blu-ray format has yet enjoyed and certainly a true reference track that will challenge any low end to its maximum capacity."

Then, in their forum today was seeing some complaints about the low end not measuring up to WOTW, Cloverfield etc.

Granted WOTW is maybe the all time most demo'd bass movie but STILL you would think EXTRA care would be used in making this HUGE creature FEEL huge. Is a pet peeve of mine...

Last edited by GoCaboNow; Yesterday at 03:51 PM.
post #10958 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Yeah, I read the bluray.com review a few days ago and they gushed.

"This is, quite simply, one of the top handful of audio experiences the Blu-ray format has yet enjoyed and certainly a true reference track that will challenge any low end to its maximum capacity."

Then, in their forum today was seeing some complaints about the low end not measuring up to WOTW, Cloverfield et.

Granted WOTW is maybe the all time most demo'd bass movie but STILL you would think EXTRA care would be used in making this HUGE creature FEEL huge. Is a pet peeve of mine...
I agree, there are parts that are loud and low but not super low.

I still cannot wait to see/hear/feel Dr.Frankensteins Army this October!

post #10959 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Liked: 159
Quote:
As a monster movie it's pretty good
BornSlippyZ likes this.

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #10960 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Well after a hiatus, and with October coming up, I find myself wanting to check out this topic again! I really enjoyed my horror movie marathon last year and sharing my comments and ratings of various films and also liked many of the reviews and recommendations that I saw. I probably won't be watching as many movies this year (last year was really over-the-top) but today I did pick up Chernobyl Diaries (which I saw when it first came out) and the 1977 version of The Hills Have Eyes which I have never seen before. I've also been going through my collection and putting aside the stuff that I didn't get to last year that I wanted to watch. I think this year I am going to make more effort to watch the B-horror movies and stuff from compilation packs that I picked up. Some of it looks promising, some of it doesn't, but it should be fun! Also I hope to be playing a couple of horror video games.

Just wanted to check in and say Hi! Glad to still see some familiar faces in here and some new faces also!
post #10961 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Nope but that's cool. Maybe part two will be what I wanted.
post #10962 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Liked: 159
Quote:
Quote:
Nope but that's cool. Maybe part two will be what I wanted.
What are your feelings on Gojira (the original)?

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #10963 of 10967 Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I saw the new Godzilla movie back in early June, and although I personally would not consider it to be in the horror genre, I can see how it might loosely fit in. As for the movie itself, I would give it a 3 out of 5 rating. I was happy to have seen it but would not add it to my collection. I did recently buy the Godzilla Collection and look forward to checking it out, especially the movie with Mothra in it.
post #10964 of 10967 Old Today, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
What are your feelings on Gojira (the original)?
If I can see the strings it's good.

post #10965 of 10967 Old Today, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I finally got around to watching "Dead Silence" which is a 2007 offering on NF starring Ryan Kwanten ("True Blood") and Amber Valletta. Most old school horror but entertaining.
post #10966 of 10967 Old Today, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

http://nerdylittlesecret.com/main/icfti-hi-8/

Quote:
It Came From the Indies has returned with an interview with Brad Sykes, horror director and producer/director of new horror anthology HI-8. Totally different from other recent horror anthologies like V/H/S and The ABCs of Death, Hi-8 is all about aping the shot on video horror cheapies of the 90′s and early 00′s. The results really are unlike anything else that’s out at the moment, see for yourself after the break where you can watch the trailer and two clips from the film. Martin also talks to Brad about his earlier career and becoming a genre filmmaker in the very odd transitional time of the early 00′s. We saw DVD start to take over and the horror genre at something of a lowpoint after the over-abundance of Scream-esque slashers ended up really draining the genre of its vitality for a while. Check out the Hi-8 Facebook page for festival dates and more.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #10967 of 10967 Old Today, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
I finally got around to watching "Dead Silence" which is a 2007 offering on NF starring Ryan Kwanten ("True Blood") and Amber Valletta. Most old school horror but entertaining.

I ended up watching it last year (I believe) for the marathon. It was on HBO one night and I thought....what the hell.... and gave it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually a fun watch.

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page