October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 367 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 310Likes

post #10981 of 11007 Old 09-18-2014, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I am glad you guys like that horror collection! Grave Encounters surprised me and I thought about Oinking the movie in the opening 10 minutes, but I let it ride and it was a good movie. Although YMMV.

I will be dusting off my Netflix account in October and using it from October on. I think I will give Splinter another viewing if they have it BD.

October HorrorFest Participant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10982 of 11007 Old 09-18-2014, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Sorry if this was already posted elsewhere but I thought you guys would appreciate it!

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #10983 of 11007 Old 09-18-2014, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Sounds good to me!
It's going to be released by Paramount so it might go theatrical vs. straight to video.

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #10984 of 11007 Old 09-18-2014, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
If I can see the strings it's good.
Strings huh...Then your a fan of the 1953 version of War of the Worlds ?

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #10985 of 11007 Old 09-19-2014, 03:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
It's the definitive version.
post #10986 of 11007 Old 09-19-2014, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
I am glad you guys like that horror collection! Grave Encounters surprised me and I thought about Oinking the movie in the opening 10 minutes, but I let it ride and it was a good movie. Although YMMV.

I will be dusting off my Netflix account in October and using it from October on. I think I will give Splinter another viewing if they have it BD.
You might like Grave Encounters 2, not a bad watch.Likewise,YMMV.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #10987 of 11007 Old 09-19-2014, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Sweet, I didn't know there was a sequel! I will give it a watch this October! Thanks dude!

post #10988 of 11007 Old 09-19-2014, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Sweet, I didn't know there was a sequel! I will give it a watch this October! Thanks dude!
Grave Encounters 2 is also on Netflix WI.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #10989 of 11007 Old 09-19-2014, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Quote:
If anyone liked Cold Prey it's sequel is out now too. Cold Prey 2 that is.
stevew24963 and BornSlippyZ like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10990 of 11007 Old 09-19-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
It's the definitive version.
Agreed.

post #10991 of 11007 Old 09-19-2014, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

FYI Ti West's The Sacrament is on Netflix Instant. I liked it but only because I know people like the ones in the movie. Same for Red State.
tenthplanet and BornSlippyZ like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steam: Guts
post #10992 of 11007 Old 09-19-2014, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
FYI Ti West's The Sacrament is on Netflix Instant. I liked it but only because I know people like the ones in the movie. Same for Red State.
Nice!! I am pretty excited to view the cornucopia of horror on netflix!

Edit: The Midnight Meat Train airs on IFC tonight at 2:15am est, worth the space on your dvr for next month!

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; 09-19-2014 at 07:35 PM.
post #10993 of 11007 Old 09-19-2014, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Nice!! I am pretty excited to view the cornucopia of horror on netflix!

Edit: The Midnight Meat Train airs on IFC tonight at 2:15am est, worth the space on your dvr for next month!
Definitely. If you have not seen this record it now

post #10994 of 11007 Old Yesterday, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:

Scouts vs. Zombies

Please let this be Red Dawn meets Lord of the Flies meets Night of the Living Dead.

I just peed my pants a little.

Don't screw this up!

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #10995 of 11007 Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

The audio design on The Quiet Ones is amazeballs, as the kids say.
tenthplanet and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #10996 of 11007 Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
I'll check it out. "Dark Space" also on NF WI is sort of a "cabin" movie set in the future when college kids go to another planet for spring break instead of the woods. Not great, not bad either.
post #10997 of 11007 Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Watched Honeymoon last night. It's a pretty creepy slow burn. Some here may like it but it's no gore fest.

post #10998 of 11007 Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Taking a closer look at my collection of horror movies, it turns out that I have more unwatched stuff than I thought I had even though I had an excellent run last October watching a lot of stuff for the first time.

Anyway, my focus at the moment is maybe taking a day to do an Exorcist movie marathon at some point in October during one of my days off. Exorcist The Complete Anthology is coming out on Blu-ray on September 23rd for a decent price and this will be a good thing for me because all of my movies in that series are on DVD and I am actually missing the second movie completely. Since there are five movies in that set and all of them are roughly about 2 hours each, I could probably do the whole marathon in about 12 hours (giving myself a 20 minute intermission between each movie and a 40 minute dinner break after the third movie). What I would do in the morning is put together a stew in the slow cooker and it would be ready by the time I finished the first three movies.

I'm thinking my time line might be something like this approximately...

9:00AM to 9:40AM: Get the ingredients together for the stew and cook up the beef in the frying pan

9:40AM to 11:40AM: Exorcist - The Beginning

12:00PM to 2:00PM: Dominion - Prequel to the Exorcist

2:20PM to 4:30PM: The Exorcist (1973) - this one is a little over 2 hours

5:10PM to 7:10PM: Exorcist II - The Heretic

7:30PM to 9:30PM: Exorcist III

What do you think? Does this sound like a good idea? I did something similar for the four Indiana Jones movies some time ago and it was fun. I would probably have some junk food like potato chips and a bit of pop, but would there also be some healthy snack ideas out there for a marathon of this nature?

Any feedback appreciated, thanks! I am kind of excited for this.
post #10999 of 11007 Old Today, 02:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Watched Honeymoon last night. It's a pretty creepy slow burn. Some here may like it but it's no gore fest.
Was it scary?

post #11000 of 11007 Old Today, 02:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mice View Post
Taking a closer look at my collection of horror movies, it turns out that I have more unwatched stuff than I thought I had even though I had an excellent run last October watching a lot of stuff for the first time.

Anyway, my focus at the moment is maybe taking a day to do an Exorcist movie marathon at some point in October during one of my days off. Exorcist The Complete Anthology is coming out on Blu-ray on September 23rd for a decent price and this will be a good thing for me because all of my movies in that series are on DVD and I am actually missing the second movie completely. Since there are five movies in that set and all of them are roughly about 2 hours each, I could probably do the whole marathon in about 12 hours (giving myself a 20 minute intermission between each movie and a 40 minute dinner break after the third movie). What I would do in the morning is put together a stew in the slow cooker and it would be ready by the time I finished the first three movies.

9:00AM to 9:40AM: Get the ingredients together for the stew and cook up the beef in the frying pan

What do you think? Does this sound like a good idea? I did something similar for the four Indiana Jones movies some time ago and it was fun. I would probably have some junk food like potato chips and a bit of pop, but would there also be some healthy snack ideas out there for a marathon of this nature?

Cut out the long intermissions, it's not Lawrence of Arabia , all kidding aside you're fine. I would switch out the potato chips for skinny pop. it's lower calorie popcorn that actually tastes good.
Once you done the Exorcist's then you will ready to watch all four Phantasm films,after all it it will only be 9:30pm it's early .Have fun

post #11001 of 11007 Old Today, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Cut out the long intermissions, it's not Lawrence of Arabia , all kidding aside you're fine. I would switch out the potato chips for skinny pop. it's lower calorie popcorn that actually tastes good.
Once you done the Exorcist's then you will ready to watch all four Phantasm films,after all it it will only be 9:30pm it's early .Have fun

LOL, that's awesome, thanks for the feedback! I don't know if Skinny Pop is available in my neck of the woods but I will keep an eye out for it now that you mention it. Failing that, I could always go the microwave popcorn route also.

And funny you should mention Phantasm, I actually do have the first movie in my collection and I have not seen it yet!
post #11002 of 11007 Old Today, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am getting that same bundle next week! I will actually probably start watching those movies first in October! Stew sounds great and i love eating heartier meals this time of year!

Edit: Syfy is having an Omen movie series showing starting at 9am est

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; Today at 05:31 AM.
post #11003 of 11007 Old Today, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I am getting that same bundle next week! I will actually probably start watching those movies first in October! Stew sounds great and i love eating heartier meals this time of year!

Edit: Syfy is having an Omen movie series showing starting at 9am est

Excellent! I usually have Mondays and Tuesdays off work so I will probably do it on October 6 or 7. It is the Thanksgiving long weekend here in Canada on October 11, 12, and 13 so I don't think it would be feasible to do it then. I think the AMC channel starts their annual FearFest on October 13.

I only ever saw the first Omen movie, I should get to the rest of them.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #11004 of 11007 Old Today, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Was it scary?
For me no but it was very creepy all the way through.

On another note I rewatched Oculus last night and think I saw a different movie from the first time. Perhaps a third viewing will drive it home.

post #11005 of 11007 Old Today, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

I think I will probably like Oculus with a second viewing but you guys convinced me to give The Quiet Ones a viewing!

I am watching Omen II now and I forgot Lance Henrickson is in this movie!
The Mice likes this.

post #11006 of 11007 Old Today, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
LOL, that's awesome, thanks for the feedback! I don't know if Skinny Pop is available in my neck of the woods but I will keep an eye out for it now that you mention it. Failing that, I could always go the microwave popcorn route also.

And funny you should mention Phantasm, I actually do have the first movie in my collection and I have not seen it yet!
There you go start Phantasm at 9:50pm

post #11007 of 11007 Old Today, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
There you go start Phantasm at 9:50pm
Phantasm is a classic!

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion