October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 372 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 449Likes

post #11131 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Hey all Happy October!

Not sure how active I'll be able to be but will do my best. No idea what I'm watching tonight, depends on what is free and new on ATT onDemand I guess! I have Raze from nf on disc at home and will likely watch that tomorrow or Friday. Awesome start already folks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11132 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I probably won't be trying to watch 31 horror movies this month because as I've mentioned before I probably watch 310 horror movies a year! This has also become topic for horror fans. Besides as someone just mentioned just watch the evening news for an apocalyptic horror show.

And I see Netflix WI added a couple more recent horror titles today.
post #11133 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Love this movie! At least I did 30 years ago.

Scott Glenn, Ian McLellen and all that creepy atmospher - IIRC.

My first film was a COMPLETE WASTE.
Half of your post didn't show up on my screen. Did you force the text color to be black? I had to highlight it with the mouse to be able to see it. The dark forum theme and black text don't play well together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	missing text.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	289809  
post #11134 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Good to see many 'Fiends' returning to the thread!

Ok, I barely snuck in a double-alien abduction-feature!

#2 Almost Human (2013) Netflix streaming HD, FTV. Ok I knew I would hit a dud somewhere and this was it imo! I like this genre but this movie just didn't cut the mustard. The movie starts out with a guy telling a friend his buddy was taken by a blue beam of light while driving on a road in Maine. Other than the screaming/squeaking alien noise the humans make, this movie didn't bring in the creep. So this guy's 'buddy' shows up two years later in a forest. Then he starts killing people....some blood and some ok gore. But I was waiting for the 'alien mystery' conclusion, but there was none. Film would have been better being a straight up slasher flick. 1 Maine forest Zombie.

#3 Alien Abduction (2014) Netflix streaming HD, FTV. After that bomb I was going to give up and go do some yard work. But I saw the cover of the next movie in my WI and said, "Why not!" Alien Abduction is a shaky cam, fauxmentary that strange/frightening stuff happens to a family, all this recorded by their autistic son. This movie did bring the creep and I remember reading about these strange lights in North Carolina, so I was already buying the story. This movie has several thought out parts, mainly in the beginning and the end. My only 'gripe' was I wish the acting was more candid like VHS2 Alien Abduction or Skin Walker Ranch. That was it though, so if you like shaky cam and this Alien genre, give this a rent or watch. 3 Lighted Zombies

Edit: I also noticed a ton of Horror BD's went on sale at Amazon today!
tenthplanet and GoCaboNow like this.

October HorrorFest Participant

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; Yesterday at 01:40 PM.
post #11135 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
The thought was going through my mind is there any thing streaming that I need to grab before it's gone on Netflix. Hmm Ding!
"The Keep". My first film will be The Keep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Half of your post didn't show up on my screen. Did you force the text color to be black? I had to highlight it with the mouse to be able to see it. The dark forum theme and black text don't play well together.
Yeah, somehow the formatting got wonky and copied over in bold. I de-bolded it but...

post #11136 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Reviews coming soon.....but #2 is starting now. The Sacrament.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #11137 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM
ADU
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Haven't made it through one of these marathons yet, but started with an Egyptian theme...

1. Feature: The Mummy (1932) with Boris Karloff on BD. Toons: "Scooby-Doo and a Mummy, Too!" & "Jonny Quest: The Curse of Anubis" on DVD.

ADU
post #11138 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I don't know how I'll do 31 with my kid so much this month, but I got off to a start and have a group over for

1. Return of the Living Dead.
Probably two or three years since I last watched, not sure how it could have even gotten cheesier in that time frame but it did. I still love it though. Spent a lot of time watching little easter egg jokes in the background this viewing.
post #11139 of 11141 Old Today, 04:02 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 79
1. The Den - Decent movie, definitely worth one watch but after that you know the ending.
2. Devil's Pass - Not bad, although some annoying/stupid characters make it less of a movie than it could have been.

Both NF streaming.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #11140 of 11141 Old Today, 04:07 AM

1. The Den - Decent movie, definitely worth one watch but after that you know the ending.
2. Devil's Pass - Not bad, although some annoying/stupid characters make it less of a movie than it could have been.

Both NF streaming.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #11141 of 11141 Old Today, 04:12 AM

Both NF streaming.

larry

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page