October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 394 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1211Likes

post #11791 of 11794 Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 906
51. The Nightmare Before Christmas. This is a very pretty movie and the kid seemed to like it but I'm no Burton fan. I like BeetleJuice and Edward Scissorhands but mostly his art style does very little for me.

52. ParaNorman. This I like a lot and so does the kid. Stunning visuals and lots of little nods to other bigger scarier flicks.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11792 of 11794 Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

53. The Purge: Anarchy. FTV. I enjoyed the first entry in the series despite its flaws and the same goes for this one. The narrative is tighter and bigger in scope. We get to see some more layers to this alternate America. While the movie itself isn't scary some of the places your mind can wander under the new rules are. Stepping outside the home invasion roots of the first one this is more Judgment Night as a rag tag crew try to make it through the night in one piece. To impede their progress are an array of wild loonies and some more organized groups, some in favor of The Purge and others not so much. I liked it for what it was but I can see why many would pass. I think they need to amp up the gore.
post #11793 of 11794 Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Just got through the worst part of my schedule at work this week and decided to watch a movie which I recorded off of the "Encore Avenue" channel on TV earlier this month that I'd almost forgotten about called The People Under The Stairs from 1991. I believe this movie has already been mentioned in here recently. Anyway, for me, it is a first-time viewing. I have to admit that I fell asleep about 30 minutes into the movie just due to general tiredness and ended up re-starting it, but thankfully I had enough in me to get through it the second time around. This movie and the people under the stairs themselves were not quite what I was expecting, but film serves up a reasonably good mix of action and horror with a bit of comedy. I did have a laugh-out-loud moment when Leroy made a comment about the dog after his first encounter with it! Overall, not as good of a film as I'd hoped for but still not bad at all and I would give it 3 out of 5. It was good to have seen it but I doubt I will re-visit it again for a few years.
post #11794 of 11794 Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

54. Exists. FTV. A slight rip off of my Sasquatch idea from a while back. They changed enough so I can't sue them but now I know the source of the leak. It's one of you.

Anyways this is what Willow Creek should have been. If only it were a non found footage movie. There are way too many and go pro must be funding the hell out of them. If Willow Creek let you down this will make up for it. It needed more gore and could have been a five out of five if it had it.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page