October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 398 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1388Likes

post #11911 of 11918 Old Today, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 937
61. Housebound. FTV. Great legit mystery tale. Pretty funny at times. If you like a good mystery check it out.
wizzack likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11912 of 11918 Old Today, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Last night I watched The Devil's Rejects for the first time. Wow, it is definitely way different than anything else I have watched this month, although that shouldn't be a surprise coming from Rob Zombie! A big mish-mash of different things going on with this one...violence/killings, gruesomeness, kidnappings, sadism to name a few. Both the police and the family they are going after in this film are pretty ruthless. This movie isn't going to be for everyone but I was happy that I have finally seen it and would give it 3 out of 5.

Tonight I plan to watch House of 1000 Corpses and still plan to go ahead with Invasion of the Body Snatchers for Halloween night. I am going to visit a relative earlier in the day on Halloween so I don't know what my time frame will be but I will maybe try to get a random second movie in on Halloween night as well to wrap up this year's horror movie marathon!
post #11913 of 11918 Old Today, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mice View Post
Last night I watched The Devil's Rejects for the first time. Wow, it is definitely way different than anything else I have watched this month, although that shouldn't be a surprise coming from Rob Zombie! A big mish-mash of different things going on with this one...violence/killings, gruesomeness, kidnappings, sadism to name a few. Both the police and the family they are going after in this film are pretty ruthless. This movie isn't going to be for everyone but I was happy that I have finally seen it and would give it 3 out of 5.

Tonight I plan to watch House of 1000 Corpses and still plan to go ahead with Invasion of the Body Snatchers for Halloween night. I am going to visit a relative earlier in the day on Halloween so I don't know what my time frame will be but I will maybe try to get a random second movie in on Halloween night as well to wrap up this year's horror movie marathon!

Any reason why you're watching House of 1000 after Devil's Rejects? Not that it's required to see House first, but you do get introduced to all the characters in the first one. IMO, the two movies are vastly different from each other even though Rejects is labeled as the sequel.
post #11914 of 11918 Old Today, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
Any reason why you're watching House of 1000 after Devil's Rejects? Not that it's required to see House first, but you do get introduced to all the characters in the first one. IMO, the two movies are vastly different from each other even though Rejects is labeled as the sequel.
Don't forget both of these are sequels to Lords of Salem. The spell on the record summoned those guys in HOTC and DR. In 2017 the next phase of the Zombie Universe will be revealed. Lords Of A 1000 Reject Devils kicks it all off on the 6th day of the 6th month at 6am.

Spoiler!
post #11915 of 11918 Old Today, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

Oh crap, I was not aware of this detail! Had I realized that the two movies are tied together, I definitely would have watched the other one first. Oh well, that's okay, maybe it will give me a different perspective on the back story.
post #11916 of 11918 Old Today, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Oh crap, I was not aware of this detail! Had I realized that the two movies are tied together, I definitely would have watched the other one first. Oh well, that's okay, maybe it will give me a different perspective on the back story.
When I was a kid I watched the Star Trek movies out of order and I turned out ok. Mostly.
The Mice likes this.
post #11917 of 11918 Old Today, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Don't forget both of these are sequels to Lords of Salem. The spell on the record summoned those guys in HOTC and DR. In 2017 the next phase of the Zombie Universe will be revealed. Lords Of A 1000 Reject Devils kicks it all off on the 6th day of the 6th month at 6am.

LOL well then if Lords of Salem is a prequel to the other two movies, then I am definitely going to be watching this franchise of movies totally in reverse order! I don't think I've ever done that before with a series!
post #11918 of 11918 Old Today, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
LOL well then if Lords of Salem is a prequel to the other two movies, then I am definitely going to be watching this franchise of movies totally in reverse order! I don't think I've ever done that before with a series!

Among fans it's known as the Tomahawk Order.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List