October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

post #91 of 10483 Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Has anyone seen The Devil's Chair? Just wondering if it was any good.

Check my post for (a little) more info - but I was not super impressed. That being said, you could definitely do worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 10483 Old 10-22-2008, 07:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 346
I was looking at the listings for Halloween day on HDNet movies and found a few gems in the guide that I don't remember seeing in the lists posted here (though I may have just missed them). At any rate, if someone is looking for additional ideas, I was reminded of:

- Hellraiser
- Bubba Ho-Tep
- Whatever Happened to Baby Jane
- Fright Night
- Satan's Little Helper
- Christine
- The Pit and the Pendulum

So, if you need to play catch-up at the last minute, there's some good stuff in there.
post #93 of 10483 Old 10-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Starting tonight, its gonna be a terror-filled weekend my friends. We got Storm Warning tonight, followed by The Shining on Friday. I plan on getting The Strangers in on Saturday and perhaps The Devil's Chair on Sunday (time permitting, of course, considering football is on). It should work out well since I will be gone at a conference all next week (therefore no movies). I come back on Friday and plan on watching #14 and #15 for Halloween Night. Headlining that night will most likely be Halloween (Rob Zombie style) followed by another Zombie classsic......and one my favorite all-time flicks.........House of 1000 Corpses. I'm having a blast!
post #94 of 10483 Old 10-26-2008, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Bump.... For breaking 100 (101) today (and I still have five days to go)!

I think I may just try for 113. I need to view a few non-horror movies for a bit.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #95 of 10483 Old 10-27-2008, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 164
Wow, congrats Airboss! I have enjoyed several of your recommendations...

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #96 of 10483 Old 10-27-2008, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
This weekend, I watched "Suspiria" for the first time. Great movie! The story is only moderately interesting, perhaps, but the direction and camera work made me want to smack some of the more modern directors--they should be required to watch how Argento made this movie as an example of how to do it right.

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
post #97 of 10483 Old 10-27-2008, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Airboss ---- WOW! Where is the high-five smiley?

Good call on Suspiria IAM4UK. Love the look and the music. Goblin!!!

Tonight I need a shorty. Football, Phillies, and wife watching Dancing w/ Stars. I'm working with a very small timeframe this evening. Maybe I'll give Inside or The Funhouse a spin.

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #98 of 10483 Old 10-28-2008, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Suspria has some great visuals, indeed. And the scene where they're sleeping in the gym and there's someone on the other side of the sheet breathing heavily is one of my favorites!

post #99 of 10483 Old 10-31-2008, 01:54 PM

Last night to get in a movie or two (or 15 in Airboss' case ). I've had a blast doing this and I would love to see everyone post their favorite movie watched this month.

Happy Halloween!
post #100 of 10483 Old 11-01-2008, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey guys, it was a blast! At the beginning of the month I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do this, but by the last week I wasn't going to be denied! I was pretty tired by the end of the month, watching some shorter Hammer movies so I wouldn't fall asleep! I'd say my two favorites this month were "Fido" and "Storm Warning".

See you next year!

post #101 of 10483 Old 02-06-2009, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Been out sick all week. Had some time to check out one of the movies some of you guys talked about back in the fall: Storm Warning

Pretty much followed the normal formula for this type of horror with a few twists. I loved the one type kill scene. I'll give it a C/C+.

One question though -
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
what exactly did the wife do to get the dad when he raped her? did she insert that metal ring somewhere, or what happened? I'm not even sure what I saw hanging from that guys schnitzel!

31 Days of Horror:

post #102 of 10483 Old 02-06-2009, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

One question though -
Spoiler  
what exactly did the wife do to get the dad when he raped her? did she insert that metal ring somewhere, or what happened? I'm not even sure what I saw hanging from that guys schnitzel!

Yes she did... take a guess where.

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #103 of 10483 Old 02-07-2009, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post

Yes she did... take a guess where.

WOW! just WOW! That's all I can say.

31 Days of Horror:

post #104 of 10483 Old 04-07-2009, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 290
I watched Storm Warning over the weekend, great movie! I enjoyed this one more than any other recent recs I've viewed from this forum.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #105 of 10483 Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 PM

Liked: 11
So I saw Wizzack respond to this thread but he must have deleted his post.

In response to his question, who is gonna do the movie challenge this year, I'm up to it. I've already started this month though with ANOES blu-ray, Creepshow blu-ray, and Halloween 6 the producer's cut. I have Netflix so continuing into October should be no problem.
post #106 of 10483 Old 09-18-2009, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I own almost 100 horror movies, and would love to watch 13 (or more) in October, but with my wife home all the time, its tough. She has a phobia against them, and cant even be in another room because she can hear them, plus we really dont another comfy place to watch except in the den.

However, she gets up late and i get up earlier, and I can watch with headphones before she gets up and then even while she is eating breakfast.

So I am going to go for it, will let you know at the end of October if i got 13 in.

Note that I would have put one of the Saw movies in the list, but yesterday i just finished watching the first 4 in the series, and i didnt think 5 was that good. Actually, number 2 wasnt either in my opinion, but 1, 3, and 4 are excellant, but i DID watch all of them in about the last 10 days.

Just off the top of my head, the 13 i am in the mood to watch are (in no order):

Hostel II
House of 1000 Corpses
Devils Rejects
The Hills Have Eyes
Captivity
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake)
Imprint
Chaos
The Silence of the Lambs
The Shining
Mother of Tears
Rest Stop
Inside

I am going to print out that list and really try to watch them in October.

never take life seriously
post #107 of 10483 Old 09-18-2009, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

INote that I would have put one of the Saw movies in the list, but yesterday i just finished watching the first 4 in the series, and i didnt think 5 was that good. Actually, number 2 wasnt either in my opinion, but 1, 3, and 4 are excellant, but i DID watch all of them in about the last 10 days.

Just off the top of my head, the 13 i am in the mood to watch are (in no order):

Hostel II
House of 1000 Corpses
Devils Rejects
The Hills Have Eyes
Captivity
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake)
Imprint
Chaos
The Silence of the Lambs
The Shining
Mother of Tears
Rest Stop
Inside

I am going to print out that list and really try to watch them in October.

D*mn yankeeman, you are a clinically sick person watching all those sick movies!

I'll probably get in on this. Not sure if I want to try and watch as many as I did last year but who knows........

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #108 of 10483 Old 09-18-2009, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

D*mn yankeeman, you are a clinically sick person watching all those sick movies!

For sure!!!!

post #109 of 10483 Old 09-19-2009, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

no love for C.H.U.D. ?
post #110 of 10483 Old 09-19-2009, 10:47 AM

So I saw Shrooms last night and it was decent for a horror film, although I thought they could have done more with the hallucinations. I give it 3 and a half stars out of 5.
post #111 of 10483 Old 09-19-2009, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Bruuce , yep i am in!

I'm going for 31 again. It was fun, crazy, and tough to get finished sometimes but glad I did it last year.

I think Airboss watched a total of somewhere around 839 movies last time. Ha!

Anyone considering 13 movies (or even just a week's worth), please do it! And post up a synopsis/review. This thread was great for finding new movies or remembering old ones we forgot.

31 Days of Horror:

post #112 of 10483 Old 09-19-2009, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Bruuce , yep i am in!

I'm going for 31 again. It was fun, crazy, and tough to get finished sometimes but glad I did it last year.

Anyone considering 13 movies (or even just a week's worth), please do it! And post up a synopsis/review. This thread was great for finding new movies or remembering old ones we forgot.

wizzack, my total for last Oct was 113 (list here); don't think I'll be watching that many this year (it will depend on the weather).

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #113 of 10483 Old 09-19-2009, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, i have warmed up for October by watching the first 4 Saw movies, of which i think 1, 3, and 4 are very good, but 2 was lacking) and also today i watched Alien vs Predator, a decent movie, a little better than i remembered, not great, but certainly watchable, and it set up a sequel real well at the end, but i saw the sequel in the theater and didnt think it was too good.

I will watch a few more in September, then really go for it in October, i will try to do more than my list of 13.

post #114 of 10483 Old 09-19-2009, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathanwinter View Post

no love for C.H.U.D. ?

Fun movie! I am adding this one unless I watched it last year.

Quote:

wizzack, my total for last Oct was 113 (list here); don't think I'll be watching that many this year (it will depend on the weather).

There's still a lot on your list I haven't checked out that piqued my interest. Need to fit them in sometime soon.

For anyone with Netflix streaming it looks like there's a decent amount of horror on there. AMC's watered down Monsterfest (now Fearfest) only lasts a week. Not sure what TCM is doing for 2009 but they can always be counted on for quality programs.

What movies are you guys looking forward to? I myself am pumped for Trick R Treat and Night of The Creeps on Blu-ray.

31 Days of Horror:

post #115 of 10483 Old 09-19-2009, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What movies are you guys looking forward to? I myself am pumped for Trick R Treat and Night of The Creeps on Blu-ray.

I have both of those on pre-order plus Audition Blu Ray (Oct 8th delivery date for Audition and Trick R Treat Blu Rays, Night of the Creeps Oct 20th).

20 Classic Halloween Horror Movies to Watch on TCM in Oct 2009

Mad Love (1935) October 4 at 7:45 a.m. - You can't have a list of great Halloween horror movies without one featuring the legendary Peter Lorre. That chilling voice of his, those otherworldly eyes, and of course his amazing acting skills make the character Doctor Gogol, a surgeon madly in love, one you will not forget. To make the object of his desire happy after her pianist lover loses his hands, Gogol grafts the hands of a murderer onto his wrists with horrifying results. When it comes to great Halloween films, this is the best of the possessed body parts genre of horror movies.

Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn (1987) October 10 at 2:15 a.m. - The big debate amongst many Raimi fans seems to be which Evil Dead film is better, this one or the first one (so if you haven't seen either, you may also want to rent the first movie so you can decide for yourself). Luckily, you won't be completely lost if you didn't see the first film. Both are horror movies that feature groups of people holed up in a cabin being possessed/picked off by something truly evil, and both have something different to bring to the table. My take is that the first film is a bit scarier, while the second has more comedic moments. However, the first two movies in the Evil Dead series are some of the most-debated over horror movies of all time, so it's best just to form your own opinion.

Pit and the Pendulum (1961) October 10 at 7:30 a.m. - When it comes to great partnerships in classic horror movies, it doesn't get any better than Vincent Price and Edgar Allan Poe. It's nice to see Poe's classic brought to life not only through Price's creepy onscreen persona, but through the enigmatic eyes of scream queen Barbara Steele. So enjoy a Halloween full of thrills and chills without buckets of blood with this amazing combination of the icons of classic horror movies.

The Body Snatcher (1945) October 11 at 6:30 a.m. and October 31 at 11:15 p.m. - This is one of Bela Lugosi's greatest hits, although he gets second billing to one of the biggest legends of horror movies, Boris Karloff. It's a great creepy classic about a surgeon who hires a cabman to dig up bodies for him to dissect, but this enterprise turns deadly as the cabman looks for fresher fare. I love seeing two horror movie legends together, and this is definitely one of the creepiest Halloween movies on this list.

The Unknown (1927) October 12 at 12:00 a.m. - Lon Chaney is known as one of the greatest legends of horror movies, as is his son, who would become one of the best movie monsters as the Wolf Man. Lon Chaney, Sr., however, was known for playing a different kind of half-man, half-monster; one that didn't look like if from the outside, but seemed to be struggling with animalistic urges and more tender feelings on the inside, something the actor could express in just a glance. The man of a thousand faces could give the camera a look worth a thousand words, but in this movie, he does a lot more than draw audiences to one of his many characters dealing with a great deal of inner turmoil; he chills them to the bone. The premise and ending of this macabre movie are some of the best of the earliest horror movies, with a fugitive pretending to be an armless wonder in a side show eventually using his hands for an evil purpose. As an added bonus, this movie features Joan Crawford early in her budding career. It's a must-see when it comes to silent movies that are perfect for Halloween.

Videodrome (1982) October 17 at 2:00 a.m. - If gory horror movies are more your scene, then you might enjoy David Cronenberg's bizarre, futuristic (but dated) tale of terror. It's about a television station looking for something sensational and shocking to draw in viewers, and you'll definitely get to see plenty of sensational and shocking scenes yourself. James Woods and Debbie Harry of Blondie fame (she has a rather disturbing role) star in this gorefest full of technological torture. (This is definitely not a good Halloween movie for those with weak stomachs.)

Freaks (1932) October 17 at 6:00 a.m. - A midnight movie staple, this creepy classic features real circus freaks playing themselves. It's controversial now that the days of sideshows are long over, but all the people in this movie do an excellent job without acting experience. The storyline is great, because the freaks are the truly good people in the film, while the two "normal" characters, a blonde bombshell of a trapeze artist and the circus strongman, are the real monsters. The trapeze artist learns that a midget in the sideshow has a large inheritance and sets out to marry and eventually murder him for the money, planning to run away with the strongman afterwards. However, she doesn't count on the loyalty of her new husband's friends when they learn of her plan. This is one of the most unique horror movies on this list, and one that gives you a window into an old world where those that were not understood were turned into little more than oddities to be gawked at, and this film is commendable for showing audiences of the time that the circus freaks were not monsters, but real people that might be a little more human than themselves.

White Zombie (1932) October 3 at 6:00 a.m. - Bella Lugosi may be most well-known for playing the most memorable version of Dracula, but did you know he was also the star of the first zombie movie? This one is a little different than the horror movies featuring zombies we know today, featuring the voodoo form of living death. It's one of the many great gore-free Halloween movies on this list, but the lack of blood doesn't make it any less frightening.

Phantom of the Opera (1925) October 19 at 12:00 a.m. - Another of the great silent horror movies on this list, Lon Chaney, Sr.'s makeup job in this movie could compete with that of his son's years later in 'The Wolf Man' when it comes to the greatest classic horror movie transformation. This is one of the most visually stunning classic horror movies of the silent era not only because of Chaney's skeletal, grotesque face, but because of the creepy underworld his character inhabits. This is one of the best classics for Halloween viewing because the lack of audible dialogue makes it easier for your to hear the things that go bump in the night.

Vampyr (1932) October 19 at 2:00 a.m. - This Dreyer film is all about the gothic imagery and many nightmarish visions, as the storyline is a little slow. Still, this one is a must-see of fans of the vampire genre, and a perfect followup to one of the other great vampire movies on this list, 'Nosferatu'.

The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) October 19 at 3:30 a.m. - Keeping in the vampire theme, Roman Polanski's somewhat campy classic is a more fun take on the bloodsuckers. It takes place in Transylvania and features a creepy count and gothic castle, Dracula-style, but with a few comedic elements thrown in for good measure. (It might have been a lot better, however, if it hadn't been cut to hell by a studio czarina). Still, it's a Technicolor, Hammer-esque fun flick that's also notable for one other creepy element: starring actress and wife of Polanski, Sharon Tate, who would later die at the hands of Charles Manson's followers.

Poltergeist (1982) October 24 at 2:15 p.m. and October 27 at 8:00 p.m. - This is one of the best ghost movies for Halloween, and my favorite haunted house movie. Like the movie above it, it, too, is notable for an oft-talked about death of actresses in the film, the mysterious and untimely death of young Heather O'Rourke and the strangling of Dominique Dunne. But the mysterious "Poltergeist curse" isn't the only thing that makes this film scary; when little Heather says, "They're here!", you really believe her.

Diabolique (1955) October 25 at 2:15 a.m. - This is perhaps one of the best movies on this list, a thriller about a cruel man's fate at the hands of his battered wife and his mistress. After they commit the crime, things get really creepy when their victim's body disappears. It's a movie full of great plot twists, and it really puts the works of master of suspense Alfred Hitchcock to shame. Out of all of the movies here, I'd put this one at the top of my list as not just one of the best must-see horror movies, but just a great movie, period.

Nosferatu (1922) October 26 at 12:30 a.m. - This is the granddaddy of all vampire movies, featuring what is still one of the greatest monsters of horror movies. Count Orlok is a far cry form the shiny and hunky vampires of today, but he's still more fun to watch. When it comes to silent horror movies, they don't get any better than this one, and this is one of my personal Halloween favorites.

The Haunting (1963) October 28 at 12:00 a.m. and October 31 at 6:00 a.m. - Another of the great haunted house horror movies, this one features a subtle terror reminiscent of 'The Turn of the Screw'. If you're a fan of frightening movies that delve farther into the psyche, you'll likely enjoy this movie about madness; sometimes the horrors that lie within the mind are much more frightening than a scary image on a silver screen.

Village of the Damned (1960) October 28 at 2:00 a.m. - What can be more frightening than evil children? The original take on this tale about otherworldly tots is best, and you might never look at some of your children's friends the same after this terrifying take on alien life.

Psycho (1960) October 31 at 12:00 a.m. - What can I say about one of the greatest classic horror movies that hasn't been said? This one airs, fittingly, as Halloween begins, since it has one of the most unexpected beginnings in horror movie history (killing off a main character so soon was unheard of at the time). The unsettling murder scene, screeching music, and startling madness make this not just Hitchcock's best, but one of the best movies of all time.

Dead of Night (1945) October 31 at 8:00 a.m. - I'll admit that I haven't seen this horror movie yet, but am planning on watching it early on Halloween morning. Considering the fact that it frightened my husband so much when he watched it that he had to wake me up to come sit with him afterwards, I'm pretty sure this one deserves a spot on this list. All I know is that it features a collection of frightening tales, and I don't want to ruin it for myself by reading up more on what they're about.

Cat People (1942) October 31 at 5:00 p.m. - I love this horror movie because it's the female version of 'The Wolf Man', with the lovely Simone Simon playing a woman that transforms into a black cat rather than a rabid wolf. It's a must-see for female fans of horror movies, as it's one of the few great Halloween movies featuring a woman as the lead.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1932) November 1 at 2:00 a.m. - With many Halloween fans undergoing transformations of their own from man to monster and back to man again, this is the perfect movie to end Halloween night with. If you're still doing the Monster Mash in the wee hours of the morning after a night of fright, entertain your guests by turning on what is perhaps the best version of this classic tale.

Complete TCM schedule for Oct.

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #116 of 10483 Old 09-19-2009, 08:55 PM

I actually cannot wait to see Trick or Treat. I plan on seeing it as soon as possible. Gonna go through Netflix instant viewing and see what is available.
post #117 of 10483 Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Here's a list of only TCM's horror movies for October

ALL TIMES EASTERN
Saturday, October 3
6:00 AM - White Zombie (1932) BW-67 mins
7:30 AM - I Walked With A Zombie (1943) BW-69 mins

Sunday, October 4
7:45 AM - Mad Love (1935) BW-68 mins

Thursday, October 8
3:30 AM - Black Moon (1934) BW-69 mins

Friday, October 9
2:15 AM - Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn (1987) C-84 mins
3:45 AM - Horror House (1969) C-92 mins

Saturday, October 10
6:00 AM - Tales Of Terror (1962) BW-89 mins
7:30 AM - The Pit And The Pendulum (1961) C-80 mins

Sunday, October 11
6:30 AM - The Body Snatcher (1945) BW-78 mins
7:45 AM - Isle Of The Dead (1945) BW-72 mins

Thursday, October 15
5:00 AM - Son Of Kong (1933) BW-70 mins
1:00 PM - I Married A Monster From Outer Space (1958) BW-78 mins

Friday, October 16
9:00 AM - The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945) BW-110 mins
12:30 AM - The Lodger (1944) BW-84 mins
2:00 AM - Videodrome (1982) C-88 mins

Saturday, October 17
6:00 AM - Freaks (1932) BW-62 mins
7:30 AM - The Devil Doll (1936) BW-78 mins
4:30 PM - 20 Million Miles To Earth (1957) BW-83 mins

Sunday, October 18
4:30 AM - The Ghost Ship (1943) BW-69 mins
6:00 AM - The Walking Dead (1936) BW-65 mins
7:30 AM - Bedlam (1946) BW-79 mins
12:00 AM - The Phantom of the Opera (1925) BW-90 mins
2:00 AM - Vampyr - Der Traum des Allan Grey (1932) BW-72 mins
3:30 AM - The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) C-108 mins

Tuesday, October 20
8:00 PM - Mr. Sardonicus (1961) BW-90 mins
9:45 PM - Strait-Jacket (1964) BW-93 mins
11:30 PM - The Tingler (1959) BW-82 mins
1:00 AM - 13 Ghosts (1960) BW-82 mins
2:30 AM - The Old Dark House (1963) BW-86 mins
4:00 AM - The Old Dark House (1932) BW-72 mins

Friday, October 23
10:00 PM - Dragonwyck (1946) BW-103 mins

Saturday, October 24
6:00 AM - The Corpse Vanishes (1942) BW-63 mins
7:30 AM - Mark Of The Vampire (1935) BW-61 mins
9:30 AM - The Twonky (1953) BW-73 mins
11:00 AM - Son Of Kong (1933) BW-70 mins
2:15 PM - Poltergeist (1982) C-115 mins
4:15 PM - The Hound Of The Baskervilles (1959) C-87 mins

Sunday, October 25
6:00 AM - Doctor X (1932) C-76 mins
7:30 AM - The Mystery Of The Wax Museum (1933) C-77 mins
8:00 PM - The Blob (1958) C-82 mins
9:30 PM - Die, Monster, Die! (1965) C-79 mins
12:30 AM - Nosferatu (1922) BW-89 mins
2:15 AM - Diabolique (1955) BW-116 mins

Tuesday, October 27
8:00 PM - Poltergeist (1982) C-115 mins
10:00 PM - The Power (1968) C-109 mins
12:00 PM - The Haunting (1963) BW-112 mins
2:00 AM - Village Of The Damned (1960) BW-77 mins

Friday, October 30
7:15 AM - The Mask Of Fu Manchu (1932) BW-68 mins
8:30 AM - The Ghoul (1933) BW-81 mins
10:00 AM - The Black Room (1935) BW-68 mins
11:15 AM - The Walking Dead (1936) BW-65 mins
12:30 PM - The Man They Could Not Hang (1939) BW-70 mins
1:45 PM - The Man With Nine Lives (1940) BW-74 mins
3:00 PM - Before I Hang (1940) BW-62 mins
4:15 PM - The Ape (1940) BW-62 mins
5:30 PM - The Devil Commands (1941) BW-64 mins
6:45 PM - Isle Of The Dead (1945) BW-72 mins
12:00 AM - Psycho (1960) BW-109 mins
2:00 AM - Zaat (1972) C-100 mins
3:45 AM - Swamp Thing (1982) C-90 mins

Saturday, October 31
6:00 AM - The Woman In White (1948) BW-109 mins
8:00 AM - Dead of Night (1945) BW-103 mins
10:00 AM - The Haunting (1963) BW-112 mins
12:00 PM - The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971) C-95 mins
1:45 PM - Diary of a Madman (1963) C-97 mins
5:00 PM - Cat People (1942) BW-73 mins
6:30 PM - The Curse of the Cat People (1944) BW-70 mins
8:00 PM - Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde (1941) BW-113 mins
10:00 PM - Murders in the Zoo (1933) BW-66 mins
11:15 PM - The Body Snatcher (1945) BW-78 mins
12:45 AM - Circus of Horrors (1960) C-87 mins
2:00 AM - Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde (1932) BW-96 mins
3:45 AM - The Son of Dr. Jekyll (1951) BW-78 mins

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #118 of 10483 Old 09-20-2009, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Bruuce , yep i am in!

I will be doing 31 I'm working on a list that will be a mixed bag of recs from here and bloodydisgusting, personal favorites, a few essentials the wife has yet to see, and maybe a couple blind off the shelf picks for the nights I feel like not knowing what's on the agenda.

I'm working on my list and don't have an order yet but here are a few:

Personal favorites:
Creepshow
An American Werewolf in London
Poltergeist
The Shinning
The Descent
30 Days of Night
Halloween (1978)
The Thing (1982)
The Relic

Titles to watch with the wife:
Saw
Session 9
A Haunting in Connecticut
REC
Audition

Recs from avs and BD members:
Brain Dead
Ravenous
Scanners
Eden Lake
Imprint
The Hills Run Red
Orphan

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #119 of 10483 Old 09-20-2009, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
If we're gonna do this, I'm in!. Maybe we should start a new '09 thread.
post #120 of 10483 Old 09-20-2009, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok so to continue a great trend from last year get those lists ready and share them all or just the good ones. Do the full 31 days or just a partial but again, share what you've watched and your impressions.

I will be doing 31 I'm working on a list that will be a mixed bag of recs from here and bloodydisgusting, personal favorites, a few essentials the wife has yet to see, and maybe a couple blind off the shelf picks for the nights I feel like not knowing what's on the agenda.

I'm working on my list and don't have an order yet but here are a few:

Personal favorites:
Creepshow
An American Werewolf in London
Poltergeist
The Shinning
The Descent
30 Days of Night
Halloween (1978)
The Thing (1982)
The Relic
The Serpent and the Rainbow