October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 40 - AVS Forum
First ... 38  39  40 41  42  ... Last
Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion > October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)
Bob McLaughlin's Avatar Bob McLaughlin 05:46 PM 10-25-2010
Awesome poster, Fenders!

I loved Baby in House of 1000 Corpses but I can totally understand how she could get on your nerves, Kenobi! I'm gettin' the itch to watch that movie again now, though...

darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 08:59 PM 10-25-2010
40. Jenifer Master's of Horror, 2005. Weird, not too great, not too bad. 2/5
41. Fido, 2006. Very funny, very cool. Quite a different take on a boy and his dog so to speak. The integration of zombies into suburbia was well displayed and the zombies weren't even as twisted as some of the normal people. 3/5
FendersRule's Avatar FendersRule 09:01 PM 10-25-2010
What the heck! Jenifer MoH is one of the best!

Is it just me, or am I the only one that finds Jenifer extremely hot. Sure, she's uglier than all piss, but my god her body, and how she uses it....

You can simply just say "boner". Many times.
darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 09:06 PM 10-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post

What the heck! Jenifer MoH is one of the best!

Is it just me, or am I the only one that finds Jenifer extremely hot. Sure, she's uglier than all piss, but my god her body, and how she uses it....

You can simply just say "boner". Many times.

My 2's are likes, but I'm not going to suggest it beyond genre fans. After Imprint and Dumpling this is tame.
yankeeman's Avatar yankeeman 09:14 PM 10-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post

What the heck! Jenifer MoH is one of the best!

Is it just me, or am I the only one that finds Jenifer extremely hot. Sure, she's uglier than all piss, but my god her body, and how she uses it....

You can simply just say "boner". Many times.

Yes, she is hot for sure!!!!!!

Love MOH Jenifer, to me, Right To Die is barely better, and Imprint is the best, but other than those two, Jenifer is better than any other MOH.
darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 09:32 PM 10-25-2010
You guys are sick.
FendersRule's Avatar FendersRule 09:47 PM 10-25-2010
These are screengrabs from Dark City, and they do have nudity, so you are warned. I THINK the chick in Dark City is the same actress in Jenifer:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...lu-ray1840.jpg

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...lu-ray1407.jpg

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...lu-ray1345.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Bob McLaughlin's Avatar Bob McLaughlin 07:23 AM 10-26-2010
29. Inferno (first-time viewing)
This is the second and most muddled of Dario Argento's "Three Mothers" trilogy, but don't let the convoluted plot stop you from enjoying it. The initial underwater scene alone is worth the price of admission in terms of raw scares. Argento keeps the viewer off-guard because no sooner are we convinced the movie is centered around a particular character, the character is killed off! This keeps you off kilter for most of the movie and you never really know what is going on. This is more of a movie to be experienced than over-analyzed. And if you're afraid of cats or rats, there are a few scenes that you will find upsetting! Watch it but don't try to understand it.

2010 Horror Movie Marathon List
FTV denotes first-time viewings
1. Severance (FTV)
2. Happy Birthday To Me (FTV)
3. The Howling
4. Dark Night of the Scarecrow (FTV)
5. Frankenstein (1931)
6. The Flesh and Blood Show (FTV)
7. Three...Extremes (FTV)
8. Lifeforce (FTV)
9. 30 Days of Night (FTV)
10. The Shining
11. The Human Centipede: First Sequence (FTV)
12. Don't Look Now
13. The Manitou (FTV)
14. I Sell The Dead (FTV)
15. Pet Sematary
16. Triangle (2009) (FTV)
17. The Orphanage
18. Trick 'r Treat
19. Ginger Snaps (FTV)
20. Dark Water (2002) (FTV)
21. The Devil's Rejects
22. Die, Monster, Die! (FTV)
23. Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead (FTV)
24. Teeth (FTV)
25. Grace (FTV)
26. The Mist (B&W)
27. The Lost (FTV)
28. Night of Bloody Horror (FTV)
29. Inferno (FTV)

yankeeman's Avatar yankeeman 09:29 AM 10-26-2010
This morning I watched Saw-5. I am really enjoying watching these Saw movies in order so close to each other, you really see how they carried the plotline thru. In this one, they do an excellant job of showing how and why Hoffman became involved with John, and also how Hoffman framed someone else. The traps in general could have been better, except for the last one where the "contestants" had to put their hands into circular saws and keep pushing until a certain amount of blood (a lot) was given. That one actually made me cringe watching it. Like Saw-4, this one is not as good as the first few, but still i love these movies. Another 8 rating.

My list so far, with ratings on a 1-10 scale:
1 - Grotesque - 9.25
2 - MOH Haeckels Tale - 4.5
3 - MOH Jenifer - 7
4 - MOH Pick Me Up - 5
5 - Murder-Set-Pieces - 7.5
6 - MOH Dance Of The Dead - 3.5
7 - MOH The Screwfly Solution - 4.5
8 - MOH Right To Die - 7.25
9 - Underworld - 9.25
10- The Last House On The Left - 9.25
11- Street Trash - 3
12- MOH Family - 7
13- Hannibal - 9.25
14- Fear Dot Com - 8
15- Pulse - 8
16- Deadgirl - 9
17- The Hitcher - 8
18- Return To House On Haunted Hill - 5
19- Saw - 9.5
20- Saw-2 - 8.5
21- Saw-3 - 8.5
22- Saw-4 - 8
23- Saw-5 - 8

Joel Clemons's Avatar Joel Clemons 09:44 AM 10-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post

These are screengrabs from Dark City, and they do have nudity, so you are warned. I THINK the chick in Dark City is the same actress in Jenifer:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...lu-ray1840.jpg

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...lu-ray1407.jpg

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...lu-ray1345.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The links don't bring up any photos. But the only nudity that's in DARK CITY was Melissa George. And she's not in "Jenifer."
wizzack's Avatar wizzack 09:46 AM 10-26-2010
Netflix better hurry up with my Saw movies!

Yesterday I watched Mirrors. Pretty good but started to fall apart towards the end. I selected the "unrated" version but didn't really see anything that should be removed from the R cut. Maybe I missed something? I love the look of Aja's movies and this was right up there in the PQ department. He's a great horror director that knows how to fill up a frame with delicious visuals. SCOPE FTW! C+
darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 09:58 AM 10-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Clemons View Post

The links don't bring up any photos. But the only nudity that's in DARK CITY was Melissa George. And she's not in "Jenifer."

Carrie Fleming is Jenifer.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0643108/
BMaugans's Avatar BMaugans 10:44 AM 10-26-2010
Last night's flick:

Daybreakers

Not a bad vampire flick. Some really good action and excellent special effects and gore. Unlike the Blade movies or the first Underworld, I'm not sure I'd want to watch this one over and over, but it's definitely a cut above most of the stuff that passes as "vampire" films lately.

7/10
Logic_BomB's Avatar Logic_BomB 11:17 AM 10-26-2010
Nobody's mentioned Silent Hill as of yet. Pretty good for a "Hollywood-style" horror movie. Amazing for a movie based on a game. Not a perfect movie but it has some damned creepy and atmospheric scenes in it. I'd give it a solid 7/10. I think it's becoming a bit of a guilty pleasure horror film for me.
FendersRule's Avatar FendersRule 11:48 AM 10-26-2010
Last Night: A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: Dream Master - 7/10

This was absolutely a blast for me, as usual. I enjoy everything about this movie, the kills, the soundtrack (80s music with cues from the original), pacing, montage (which is better than the original's), surreal atmosphere, etc. I use to watch this one all the time as a kid, so this has always been my favorite sequel of the bunch.
darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 12:24 PM 10-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMaugans View Post

Last night's flick:

Daybreakers

Not a bad vampire flick. Some really good action and excellent special effects and gore. Unlike the Blade movies or the first Underworld, I'm not sure I'd want to watch this one over and over, but it's definitely a cut above most of the stuff that passes as "vampire" films lately.

7/10

I watched it before October and enjoyed it.
FendersRule's Avatar FendersRule 12:41 PM 10-26-2010
My bad, that is the gorgeous Melissa George (I can't stop starring at her).

You can find Jenifer in "Good Luck Chick" as one of the chicks that Chuck screws.
General Kenobi's Avatar General Kenobi 04:59 PM 10-26-2010
29. Henry: Portrait of Serial Killer - Rating 4/5. Great movie and a seemingly realistic look into the disturbing logic of a sick mind.

1. Return of the Living Dead 1985 - Rating 3/5.
2. Man Bites Dog - Rating 3/5
3. An American Werewolf in London - Rating 5/5
4. Hostel - Rating 4/5
5. Amityville Horror (2005) - Rating 3/5
6. In The Company of Wolves - Rating 4/5
7. Se7en - Rating 5/5.
8. Splice - Rating 1/5
9. Nightmare on Elm St. (2010) - Rating 2/5
10. The Midnight Meat Train - Rating 4/5.
11. The Exorcist (1973) - Rating 5/5
12. Dark Water (2002) - Rating 1/5
13. Frozen - Rating 4/5
14. The Horde - Rating 2/5
15. Suspiria - Rating 4/5
16. Inferno - Rating 2/5
17. Creepshow - Rating 4/5
18. Lake Mungo - Rating 2/5
19. Rawhead Rex - Rating 3/5
20. Triangle - Rating 5/5
21. Sweeney Todd - Rating 5/5
22. Sick Nurses - Rating 1/5
23. Night of the Creeps - Rating 3/5
24. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) - Rating 4/5
25. Halloween (2007) - Rating 4/5
26. The Shinning - Rating 5/5
27. REC - Rating 4/5
28. House of 1000 Corpses - Rating 4/5
29. Henry: Portrait of Serial Killer - Rating 4/5

wizzack's Avatar wizzack 09:22 PM 10-26-2010
Tonight was Swamp Thing in HD on Netflix streaming. Didn't really look HD but Adrienne Barbeau's b00bs looked as nice as I remember them. This was one of my favorite movies as a kid. It's not as good as I remember but still has its charm. They sure don't make like the 80's anymore.

I forgot Wes Craven directed this!
yankeeman's Avatar yankeeman 09:29 PM 10-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

Tonight was Swamp Thing in HD on Netflix streaming. Didn't really look HD but Adrienne Barbeau's b00bs looked as nice as I remember them. This was one of my favorite movies as a kid. It's not as good as I remember but still has its charm. They sure don't make like the 80's anymore.

I forgot Wes Craven directed this!

I have RETURN OF THE SWAMP THING on dvd, not because its a good movie, but because it has the love of my life in it, Heather Locklear.
darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 09:36 PM 10-26-2010
42. Fair Haired Child Master's of Horror, 2006. I liked the twist but not much else. 2/5
wizzack's Avatar wizzack 10:00 PM 10-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

I have RETURN OF THE SWAMP THING on dvd, not because its a good movie, but because it has the love of my life in it, Heather Locklear.

ooh she's a cutie!
FendersRule's Avatar FendersRule 03:03 AM 10-27-2010
Friday the 13th Part 1: 6.75/10

My opinion hasn't really changed with F13th Part 1. It's a great entry to the series, and probably the most "polished" one, even though it's errors can be easily found (inconsistent rain in the diner scene, guy not really playing guitar, man hands during decapitation scene, obvious makeup during some death scenes, etc) and the fact that they haven't really optimized the formula quite yet. F13th provides an eclectic soundtrack with some great suspenseful scenes with bloody and original kills, along with a good mystery element.

My minor gripes (though primarily overlooked) are essentially the two deaths that we did not actually see happen (but we did see the cool remains), and the middle part of the movie which seemed rather stagnant of activity. As always, the last section is the best part of the movie when it all wraps together, and even adds a surrealistic quality to it all.

I sat there for a few minutes while the cool smooth synthesizer sad music played during the credits, thinking how much of a solid movie that it turned out to be, despite its slight schlockness with the characters (yes ApolloCreed, this is where the prankster character came from, but he's not as memorable as Part 3's), pacing in the middle, and errors that I typically ignore due to the low budget nature of the film (but mention for sake of curiosity).

This is essentially a flawed classic that is memorable (especially the original soundtrack), unlike the remake. Should be watched every year.

Tomorrow, I shall see the others. I'll try to smack out 2/3 in the same night if I can. Then, I will end with the fan-praised 4 and finish with Freddy vs Jason. After that, it's John Carpenter for the rest of the month, the king of horror.
Logic_BomB's Avatar Logic_BomB 07:09 AM 10-27-2010
Watched the new Nightmare on Elm Street with Jackie Earle Haley. I give it a 1/5.

Everything they re-shot from the first movie was actually done WORSE in the modern remake. Also, although Jackie makes a great monster character, he had zero charisma or charm like Freddy should. Also, he had the worst burn make-up I've ever seen, mostly due to retarded CGI effects taking the place of proper make-up.

I was excited to see a remake but couldn't help but wish I was watching the original the entire time I sat through this.
Bob McLaughlin's Avatar Bob McLaughlin 07:15 AM 10-27-2010
30. City of the Living Dead (first-time viewing)
This movie is a lot of fun, lots of wet slimy gore, worms, maggots, blood. All the typical Lucio Fulci buttons are pushed. Frankly my expectation for a movie with the words "living dead" in it is to have a lot more hordes of rampaging zombies, but in this movie the zombies seem to mostly act alone, like slasher killers. There are some great kill/death scenes that you won't see in any other movie--that table drill through the head scene was amazing! The characters' actions don't always make sense, such as NOT calling the police when they find a dead body in their kitchen! The very last few seconds of the ending don't make any sense whatsoever, but the first 89 minutes work just fine. Don't try to eat food while watching this one, though, because it can be truly disgusting!

2010 Horror Movie Marathon List
FTV denotes first-time viewings
1. Severance (FTV)
2. Happy Birthday To Me (FTV)
3. The Howling
4. Dark Night of the Scarecrow (FTV)
5. Frankenstein (1931)
6. The Flesh and Blood Show (FTV)
7. Three...Extremes (FTV)
8. Lifeforce (FTV)
9. 30 Days of Night (FTV)
10. The Shining
11. The Human Centipede: First Sequence (FTV)
12. Don't Look Now
13. The Manitou (FTV)
14. I Sell The Dead (FTV)
15. Pet Sematary
16. Triangle (2009) (FTV)
17. The Orphanage
18. Trick 'r Treat
19. Ginger Snaps (FTV)
20. Dark Water (2002) (FTV)
21. The Devil's Rejects
22. Die, Monster, Die! (FTV)
23. Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead (FTV)
24. Teeth (FTV)
25. Grace (FTV)
26. The Mist (B&W)
27. The Lost (FTV)
28. Night of Bloody Horror (FTV)
29. Inferno (FTV)
30. City of the Living Dead (FTV)

darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 08:08 AM 10-27-2010
I thought City of the Living Dead was all over the place. Could have been great. It did have it some good stuff.
ApolloCreed's Avatar ApolloCreed 08:15 AM 10-27-2010
Last night's double feature was Night of the Demons and The Last House on the Left. Wow, talk about 2 films at different ends of the horror spectrum here. It actually took awhile to acclimate to the disturbing nature of TLHOTL after watching the Halloween gore/fun fest that is NOTD. Anyway.....here we go:

25. Night of the Demons (2009)- {3.5/5} DVD (First-time viewing) Overall, this is a fun and entertaining Halloween gorefest. The story revolves around a Halloween Party in an old "haunted" mansion that gets busted by the cops. 7 of the partygoers end up getting trapped in the mansion after everyone else leaves only to find that there are demons that are waiting to kill everyone in an attempt to take over the world. I know, it sounds pretty ridiculous, but this was a really fun movie to experience; especially the first half of it. There is an abundance of eye-candy here (including Shannon Elizabeth for those American Pie fans) and there are some really gruesome images to enjoy. Through the first 40 minutes, I was convinced that I was going to buy this solely to watch in the spirit of Halloween every year, but unfortunately, it does lose quite a bit of steam as the movie crosses the halfway point. Even so, this one is certainly worth another rental at some point in the future.

26. The Last House on the Left (2009)- {4.25/5} HBO I have never seen the original, so I don't know how it stacks up compared to that one. With that said, this is a very disturbing movie with terrific performances by all of the actors. This is the second time I have seen this and I must say, the rape scene was equally as unsettling this time around due to the realism of the way it was shot. It almost makes you feel guilty for watching the damn thing; especially for a second time. This movie has you on the edge of your seat much of the time and when her parents figure out who the attackers are; the subsequent revenge is very satisfying to watch (although it is not carried out in the most efficient manner). And even though the very last scene appeared slightly out of place, it still made for an unexpected and entertaining ending. All in all, very good movie.
darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 08:38 AM 10-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

Last night's double feature was Night of the Demons and The Last House on the Left. Wow, talk about 2 films at different ends of the horror spectrum here. It actually took awhile to acclimate to the disturbing nature of TLHOTL after watching the Halloween gore/fun fest that is NOTD. Anyway.....here we go:

25. Night of the Demons (2009)- {3.5/5} DVD (First-time viewing) Overall, this is a fun and entertaining Halloween gorefest. The story revolves around a Halloween Party in an old "haunted" mansion that gets busted by the cops. 7 of the partygoers end up getting trapped in the mansion after everyone else leaves only to find that there are demons that are waiting to kill everyone in an attempt to take over the world. I know, it sounds pretty ridiculous, but this was a really fun movie to experience; especially the first half of it. There is an abundance of eye-candy here (including Shannon Elizabeth for those American Pie fans) and there are some really gruesome images to enjoy. Through the first 40 minutes, I was convinced that I was going to buy this solely to watch in the spirit of Halloween every year, but unfortunately, it does lose quite a bit of steam as the movie crosses the halfway point. Even so, this one is certainly worth another rental at some point in the future.

26. The Last House on the Left (2009)- {4.25/5} HBO I have never seen the original, so I don't know how it stacks up compared to that one. With that said, this is a very disturbing movie with terrific performances by all of the actors. This is the second time I have seen this and I must say, the rape scene was equally as unsettling this time around due to the realism of the way it was shot. It almost makes you feel guilty for watching the damn thing; especially for a second time. This movie has you on the edge of your seat much of the time and when her parents figure out who the attackers are; the subsequent revenge is very satisfying to watch (although it is not carried out in the most efficient manner). And even though the very last scene appeared slightly out of place, it still made for an unexpected and entertaining ending. All in all, very good movie.

NOTD is a lot of fun, the
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
guy getting nailed with the paintball gun for having no costume is perfect, I would have done the same thing.


If you can check out the original NOTD.

The original LHOTL is equally disturbing, IMHO.
film113's Avatar film113 09:02 AM 10-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

The original LHOTL is equally disturbing, IMHO.

And the first remake (entitled CHAOS), I found more disturbing than both the original and the most recent remake.
film113's Avatar film113 09:04 AM 10-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Anyone watch Left Bank yet (Linkeroever)? I'll probably watch it tonight, I think I recall Airboss posting something about it and it's been sitting in my queue since last Oct.


Plan on seeing it tomorrow night. Worth the time?
First ... 38  39  40 41  42  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop