AVS Forum banner

October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)

1M views 37K replies 244 participants last post by  WilliamR 
#1 ·

*edit*

Watch as many horror movies you can take in 31 days.

Thirty-one total.  One a day.  Thirteen.  Twenty-two.  Six?

As many as you want, just have fun.

Every night (or day) in October! It's tough, but can it be done? I tried last year but ended up having to go away for business and it buggered up my schedule.

Half of the fun was creating the spreadsheet of movies/format/date.

Who's in with me?

See less See more
#8,444 ·
My Thanksgiving movie was Asylum's "13/13/13" which was added to NF WI yesterday in sterling 1080p. If you haven't seen it yet it is a pretty crazy movie and because they were apparently trying to set a record for "f words" used you won't be seeing it on Syfy just direct to video. It is a hoot for a cheesy movie with a little different spin so if you are tired of zombies but still want to see society go crazy give it a whirl. 2.5 leap years.

#8,446 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981  /t/1068270/october-fun-31-days-of-horror-blood-guts-and-gore-and-zombies-too/8430#post_24010909

'Twas the day after Thanksgiving

And all through the teepee,

Everyone had gone shopping

For horror on their HT.

I with my wallet

And list full of deals,

Took off to the Best Buy

To snatch up some steals.

There was...

The Conjuring for $7.99.

The Evil Dead (2013) for $7.99.

The Ring for $7.99.

Monster House for $7.99.

The Lords of Salem for $7.99.

Predator for $3.99.

Predators for $3.99.

Halloween 6: Curse of Michael Myers/Halloween:H2O for $3.99.

The Rite for $3.99.

Sweeny Todd for $3.99.

And the salesman heard

as I dashed out the door,

"Keep my account open

'Cause I'll be back for more!"

(with all apologies to Clement Clarke Moore)

LOL I'm a fan! Great!

#8,448 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin  /t/1068270/october-fun-31-days-of-horror-blood-guts-and-gore-and-zombies-too/8430#post_24012049

I just left Best Buy with World War Z, new Evil Dead, The Conjuring for 7.99 each and guilty pleasure Gremlins 2 The New Batch for 3.99!

Had a great time at the cut-out bin talking with like-minded audio enthusists like myself. We all knew what the other was looking for. When someone came across something the other guy was looking for, he handed it to them. Totally pleasurable time. Also picked up "Taken" because it's my one bad ass guilty pleasure.

Reactions: Bob McLaughlin
#8,449 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow  /t/1068270/october-fun-31-days-of-horror-blood-guts-and-gore-and-zombies-too/8430#post_24011134

COOL! I was No one cares.

No kidding? Me too!

#8,450 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin  /t/1068270/october-fun-31-days-of-horror-blood-guts-and-gore-and-zombies-too/8430#post_24012049

I just left Best Buy with World War Z, new Evil Dead, The Conjuring for 7.99 each and guilty pleasure Gremlins 2 The New Batch for 3.99!

I bought WWZ and ED when they were not on sale (for our October watching), great buys, i love both!! Dont think i have seen Gremlins 2 yet.

Reactions: Bob McLaughlin
#8,451 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg  /t/1068270/october-fun-31-days-of-horror-blood-guts-and-gore-and-zombies-too/8430#post_24011063

I like this:

I always thought elf names worked on the Dune principle. You must choose your Elf name and it will be used here among your tribe. Which raises a question, do we constitute a tribe in this thread or is the tribe everybody on AVS. And, if the wall poster is right, if we're all called No One Cares how do we tell each other apart. Numbers?
Need to think in the meantime that's all from No One Cares 3001/X7.02

#8,452 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet  /t/1068270/october-fun-31-days-of-horror-blood-guts-and-gore-and-zombies-too/8430#post_24012646

I always thought elf names worked on the Dune principle. You must choose your Elf name and it will be used here among your tribe. Which raises a question, do we constitute a tribe in this thread or is the tribe everybody on AVS. And, if the wall poster is right, if we're all called No One Cares how do we tell each other apart. Numbers?
Need to think in the meantime that's all from No One Cares 3001/X7.02

You sir, are a wolfpack, of one.

#8,453 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad  /t/1068270/october-fun-31-days-of-horror-blood-guts-and-gore-and-zombies-too/8430#post_24008089

FYI, "Manborg" is available on Hulu+. That's where I watched it, sort of, I fell asleep on it. I just ran the beginning and was able to select HD though I'm not sure it helps that shoot much. Probably a great movie accompanied with a six pack.
It is on Hulu Plus in HD. Added to list. Thanks!

#8,454 ·

Quote:

You've done well sir
How crazy was it at the store, being it's Black Friday.

#8,455 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet  /t/1068270/october-fun-31-days-of-horror-blood-guts-and-gore-and-zombies-too/8430#post_24012720

You've done well sir
How crazy was it at the store, being it's Black Friday.
It wasn't too bad, there were definitely more people than usual and I had to wait to look at the 3.99 bin but everyone was pretty civil to each other. The only 7.99 BD I wanted that was already sold out was Gatsby, but no big deal.

#8,456 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman  /t/1068270/october-fun-31-days-of-horror-blood-guts-and-gore-and-zombies-too/8400_60#post_24012209

I bought WWZ and ED when they were not on sale (for our October watching), great buys, i love both!! Dont think i have seen Gremlins 2 yet.
Amazon has a BD 3-pack of both Gremlin movies and The Goonies for $14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin  /t/1068270/october-fun-31-days-of-horror-blood-guts-and-gore-and-zombies-too/8400_60#post_24012862

It wasn't too bad, there were definitely more people than usual and I had to wait to look at the 3.99 bin but everyone was pretty civil to each other.
I never have a problem with BF crowds....

I just give everyone around me my patented Feral Swine Stare.....works every year.

#8,460 ·
The girlfriend just called. She's at Best Buy. Asked me, "Want do you want for Christmas?" I gave her my laundry list and she said, OK. No problem." Did I mention she likes the Three Stooges, too?

Reactions: BornSlippyZ