October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 460 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 6749Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2015, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1921 Post(s)
Liked: 2029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Alien: Isolation was absolutely awesome.

Loved its visuals and audio design as well.
It was on sale at Steam for $23 a few weeks ago and I hesitated and missed it. 😠
stevew24963 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2015, 05:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,397
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4045 Post(s)
Liked: 8478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
That looks pretty good. For some reason now I want to watch Willard. Haven't seen that one in years.
Willard. There's a blast from the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post
Nice! Headed to Studio Movie Grill in a few hours to check it out, assemble the movie cocktails.
You're in for a fun ride, GK. Is Studio Movie Grill 3D and/or Atmos?

Cocktails on Stark.
Spoiler!

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,464
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1418 Post(s)
Liked: 1065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Alien: Isolation was absolutely awesome.

Loved its visuals and audio design as well.
Sweet!
BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 2,992
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
It was on sale at Steam for $23 a few weeks ago and I hesitated and missed it. 😠
You're in luck.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/alien-isolation/113765

Activates on Steam.
Kain is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 05:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1919 Post(s)
Liked: 2191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
It was a good time. The IMAX was packed with a fun crowd. Before the movie started the theater did a Price is Right type game and gave out prizes. Didn't win anything but scored a nice Avengers poster, so I have that going for me.



Even a Sith Lord assembles for the Avengers.
I'll assemble for Mad Max.
darthrsg is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1921 Post(s)
Liked: 2029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
You're in luck.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/alien-isolation/113765

Activates on Steam.
Even better,thanks a bunch.
stevew24963 is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1919 Post(s)
Liked: 2191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
You're in luck.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/alien-isolation/113765

Activates on Steam.
Great deal.
darthrsg is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 11:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1919 Post(s)
Liked: 2191
Anyone watch Late Phases? I'm digging it right now. Like Bubba Ho-Tep.
darthrsg is offline  
Old 05-02-2015, 12:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,397
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4045 Post(s)
Liked: 8478
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Anyone watch Late Phases? I'm digging it right now. Like Bubba Ho-Tep.
Can't remember where I saw a trailer for this but it looked good. Will have to add it to my list.

Just watched Jurassic City. It was ok. Took itself a bit too seriously. Could have been more fun in a campy way. Still it's always nice to see dino's running amok and chomping Californians.



Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila

Last edited by Waboman; 05-03-2015 at 08:38 PM. Reason: fix pic...again
Waboman is offline  
Old 05-02-2015, 04:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1919 Post(s)
Liked: 2191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Can't remember where I saw a trailer for this but it looked good. Will have to add it to my list.

Just watched Jurassic City. It was ok. Took itself a bit too seriously. Could have been more fun in a campy way. Still it's always nice to see dino's running amok and chomping Californians.


Late Phases is like Bubba Ho-Tep meets the Howling.
darthrsg is offline  
Old 05-02-2015, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1921 Post(s)
Liked: 2029
Went to see The Avengers with my son today,great movie.
stevew24963 is offline  
Old 05-02-2015, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1921 Post(s)
Liked: 2029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Willard. There's a blast from the past
That is an oldie, I have Ben on VHS
In a box somewhere.
stevew24963 is offline  
Old 05-02-2015, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,464
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1418 Post(s)
Liked: 1065
This looks worthy of the October pile!


BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 05-02-2015, 07:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1919 Post(s)
Liked: 2191
Dear diary,

Went through Vudu last night and loaded up the Wishlist for October. I feel I've sufficiently mined Netflix Instant and seem to find the most gold in the VOD sector. I also think I'll stop watching any new ones and save them up October. I have a habit of burning out all the fun stuff as soon as it hits.
darthrsg is offline  
Old 05-03-2015, 01:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east
Posts: 2,459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
It was a good time. The IMAX was packed with a fun crowd. Before the movie started the theater did a Price is Right type game and gave out prizes. Didn't win anything but scored a nice Avengers poster, so I have that going for me.



Even a Sith Lord assembles for the Avengers.
Now that you have scored the poster a proper frame is an order and then you must hang it in the hall of warriors(aka the hallway outside of your living room or home theater )

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
tenthplanet is offline  
Old 05-03-2015, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 5,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1205 Post(s)
Liked: 567
We've had Zombeavers and now I present to you "Beaster Day" which is available on Hulu+. This is crazy low budget film with some of the worst special effects (obviously intentional) is a hoot! A fitting follow-up to "Night of the Lepus" (the sets which I visited back in 1972). It's about a giant killer bunny that threatens a town. Three giant bunny eggs.

Brian Conrad is offline  
Old 05-03-2015, 03:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1919 Post(s)
Liked: 2191
The bar is so low, light can't get under it.
tenthplanet likes this.
darthrsg is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 09:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,397
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4045 Post(s)
Liked: 8478
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Now that you have scored the poster a proper frame is an order and then you must hang it in the hall of warriors(aka the hallway outside of your living room or home theater )
Good idea. I should frame it. I was caught up in the moment and bought a Thor hammer pewter keychain from the IMAX gift shop after the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
The bar is so low, light can't get under it.
Lol. That is one low bar.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 09:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,397
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4045 Post(s)
Liked: 8478
So I was watching Bubble Guppies and I see the prince of darkness himself, Ozzy Osbourne, is voicing Sid Fishy. Talk about a crazy train.
Spoiler!
BornSlippyZ likes this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 5,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1205 Post(s)
Liked: 567
I tried "The Mirror" on Netflix. This is some Brit millennial filmmakers attempt at a low budget "found footage" movie. The idea is they get this supposedly "haunted mirror" on eBay and set up cameras to record if it really does anything. The purpose is to win James Randi's million dollar challenge. It's a dreadfully boring movie. You keep wondering if anything is really going to happen. One and a half bloodshot eyes just for the effort. You'll have more fun with "Beaster Day" instead.
Brian Conrad is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 3,870
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1265 Post(s)
Liked: 1022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
The purpose is to win James Randi's million dollar challenge.
I hope James Randi's An Honest Liar hits the streaming sites soon.
Ken.F is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ApolloCreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 1,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Dear diary,

Went through Vudu last night and loaded up the Wishlist for October. I feel I've sufficiently mined Netflix Instant and seem to find the most gold in the VOD sector. I also think I'll stop watching any new ones and save them up October. I have a habit of burning out all the fun stuff as soon as it hits.

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Running through too many potential flicks for October. Although, I do plan on watching a few for a second time that my wife missed...like Starry Eyes.


Speaking of, does anybody know if there is a way to determine the lifespan of Netflix streaming movies? From what I understand, some movies come and go and it would be nice to know which ones. There are horror flicks I would like to save for October but I want to be guaranteed that they will still be streaming at that time. Any insight?????

OG October Horrorfest Contributor
ApolloCreed is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east
Posts: 2,459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
the bar is so low, light can't get under it.
:d :d :d

Last edited by tenthplanet; 05-04-2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: emoticons needed respacing
tenthplanet is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 07:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1919 Post(s)
Liked: 2191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
Yep, I'm in the same boat. Running through too many potential flicks for October. Although, I do plan on watching a few for a second time that my wife missed...like Starry Eyes.


Speaking of, does anybody know if there is a way to determine the lifespan of Netflix streaming movies? From what I understand, some movies come and go and it would be nice to know which ones. There are horror flicks I would like to save for October but I want to be guaranteed that they will still be streaming at that time. Any insight?????
Moreflicks dot com has a filter for this. Instantwatcher dot com is another place you might like.
darthrsg is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,464
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1418 Post(s)
Liked: 1065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
So I was watching Bubble Guppies and I see the prince of darkness himself, Ozzy Osbourne, is voicing Sid Fishy. Talk about a crazy train.
Spoiler!
My kids love this show!
BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 11:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,397
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4045 Post(s)
Liked: 8478
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
My kids love this show!
What time is it? It's time for lunch! What time is it? It's time for lunch! What do you have for lunch today?
Spoiler!

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,464
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1418 Post(s)
Liked: 1065
Ohh, that looks good!^
BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ApolloCreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 1,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Moreflicks dot com has a filter for this. Instantwatcher dot com is another place you might like.

Appreciated. I'll check those out.

OG October Horrorfest Contributor
ApolloCreed is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1921 Post(s)
Liked: 2029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
What time is it? It's time for lunch! What time is it? It's time for lunch! What do you have for lunch today?
Spoiler!
Thanks,that did wonders for my bland, heart healthy diet.
stevew24963 is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 6,269
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
What time is it? It's time for lunch! What time is it? It's time for lunch! What do you have for lunch today?
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror: 
2012
2011
2010
2009
General Kenobi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off