October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 470 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Have you even watched an episode?

So who in the cast doesn't sizzle your bacon?

Matt Dillon?
Terrence Howard?
Carla Gugino?
Juliette Lewis?
Melissa Leo?
Toby Jones?
...?
Suddenly I got this image of Carla Gugino making bacon. And then it turned into something including OINK and mucked the image all up. Carla is dead to me now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
I look back and I just laugh at The Happening, yes I saw this theatrically (with the wife) and it was the worst film of the 2000's. I always think whatever happened to M. Night?!
Still have never seen The Happening. Is it any good?

Just saw Sole Survivor. I normally like Mark W. But he did not work for me in this compared to the rest of the cast. Really fun movie though. Great guy flic.

Rec 4 and SPRING coming this week though I have no memory of what Spring is and don't feel like googling...

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1595 Post(s)
Liked: 1224
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Suddenly I got this image of Carla Gugino making bacon. And then it turned into something including OINK and mucked the image all up. Carla is dead to me now...
I've been hearing things similar to this for a very long time around here...

Quote:
It's not as bad as all of these Shama-lama-ding-dong Haters make it out to be.
If you want to see some PURE feces try his legendary Lady in the Water.
GoCaboNow likes this.

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 1219
Quote:

Just saw Sole Survivor. I normally like Mark W. But he did not work for me in this compared to the rest of the cast. Really fun movie though. Great guy flic.

Rec 4 and SPRING coming this week though I have no memory of what Spring is and don't feel like googling...
Spring is quite weird.

"When crazy is standard, sane needs a name tag."
Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked: 2554
Quote:

You experienced an Oinkmare. Once seen you can never unsee. Like putting the toothpaste back in the tube. Ain't gonna happen. Psychiatric careers have been both made and burned trying to cure these devastating blights on humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
If you want to see some PURE feces try his legendary Lady in the Water.
It's wretched. Killer shrubs and outrunning the wind. Lol. Do I need to say more? Look out for those Petunias, they'll take your legs clean off.
ApolloCreed and GoCaboNow like this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila

Last edited by Waboman; Yesterday at 03:47 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Spring is quite weird.
Cool, going to take that as a good sign.

Speaking of weird, I did the French movie, Trouble Every Day. Have had good luck with French horror the past few years, but this was a little older and not good. Kind of reminded me of Under the Skin, but Frencher.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
You experienced an Oinkmare. Once seen you can never unsee. Like putting the toothpaste back in the tube. Ain't gonna happen. Psychiatric careers have been both made and burned trying to cure these devastating blights on humanity.
OH YOU WRETCHED TENTACLED-ONE!
I just cleaned my keyboard and monitor THIS morning!!!!

Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

It's 100% as bad as advertised. Obviously, Oink's been snacking on Shama-lama's ding dongs for too long.

If you look at his resume, its quite fascinating that the same man who created The Sixth Sense and Signs also vomited out the likes of The Happening, The Lady in the Water and The Last Airbender. I'd classify The Village and Devil as middle of the road efforts with Devil actually being worthy of a recommendation to others.
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Cool, going to take that as a good sign.

Speaking of weird, I did the French movie, Trouble Every Day. Have had good luck with French horror the past few years, but this was a little older and not good. Kind of reminded me of Under the Skin, but Frencher.
Agree, it was a little weak.
Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
It's 100% as bad as advertised. Obviously, Oink's been snacking on Shama-lama's ding dongs for too long.

If you look at his resume, its quite fascinating that the same man who created The Sixth Sense and Signs also vomited out the likes of The Happening, The Lady in the Water and The Last Airbender. I'd classify The Village and Devil as middle of the road efforts with Devil actually being worthy of a recommendation to others.
I wonder what would happen if he stayed out of mystery land and came over to horrorville?

I have to defend Airbender a bit. My kid and I watched the series last fall and I fired up the movie having become steeped in the lore and didn't hate it. I like Signs quite a bit followed by The Village and Devil.

Last edited by darthrsg; Today at 04:03 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
Obviously, Oink's been snacking on Shama-lama's ding dongs for too long.
Spoiler!

I think your recollection needs some work...lemme help:
If you look at his resume, its quite fascinating that the same man who created The Village and Signs also vomited out the likes of The Lady in the Water and The Sixth Sense. I'd classify The Happening and Devil as middle of the road efforts with Devil actually being worthy of a recommendation to others.

Old Today, 03:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 248
The new Insidious movie I believe is about to hit the theaters, who is gonna go see it? I know I am, I havent seen a horror movie for quite awhile in the theater, i am ready. I want to see San Andreas also, although its a disaster movie not a horror movie. Then soon we got the new Jurassic Park movie coming, and the Jurassic movies could be considered horror.

I enjoy going to the theater, i go to a matinee during the week when its not crowded and the little kiddies and the teeny-boppers are not there, so its a good experience.

never take life seriously
Old Today, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
I enjoy going to the theater, i go to a matinee during the week when its not crowded and the little kiddies and the teeny-boppers are not there, so its a good experience.
I haven't been inside a movie theater in years. I avoid going to places where people gather. It's not that I'm a recluse or anything like that, I just find large groups of people annoying. I tolerate crowds when necessary but avoid them whenever I can. I'll have to keep the matinee in mind.
Old Today, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
I haven't been inside a movie theater in years. I avoid going to places where people gather. It's not that I'm a recluse or anything like that, I just find large groups of people annoying. I tolerate crowds when necessary but avoid them whenever I can. I'll have to keep the matinee in mind.
Ken, I go to a Cinemark 23-theater place in the early afternoon, and each theater has just a few people in it, no crowds, its great, and cheaper too!!!
Ken.F likes this.

never take life seriously