October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 481 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8708Likes

Old 06-23-2015, 09:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Took a tour of The Pyramid last night.

Clever use of melding current Egypt events into the story.
Some potential within the plot for something interesting to happen on-screen.
Alas, it wasn't to be.

Idiotic "scientists," eye-rolling dialog, cheap production values bury this rotten corpse.
I knew we were in for trouble when Wall-E/Number-5's litter mate shows up as part of the cast.

It completely reeks as just another SyFy Channel forgettable exercise in brain-dead filmmaking.
However, amazingly this movie had a theatrical release.
Wow, I feel sympathy for anyone who actually paid to see it.
I did, it has some good kills in it. It didn't look that cheap on the big screen

"Oooh a puzzle box, I love puzzles"/ "Are you familiar with 'The Lament Configuration"/ "Actually I'm lousy at puzzles..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2015, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3035
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
And it seems Bigfoot too.
Not really.

It bothers me the whole "Bigfoot" thing has been a hoax foisted upon the naïve and the city folk for almost 50 years but is STILL going strong.
Every sane person who has lived in the PNW long enough knows a Sasquatch is an impossibility.
Hell, it's more likely I will be given a tour of Westeros on the back of a flying dragon than ever see a Squatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
I'll never understand the Sharknado love
Sharknado is DELIBERATE cheese.
In fact, it's a satirical celebration of cheap sci-fi horror crap.
It is the entire point of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhorik View Post
Did "Seventh Son" fare any better?
Yes, it did....it lasted 35 minutes.

Quote:
I presume "oinking" isn't an innuendo.
Not innuendo at all.
It's a verb someone coined to describe the early ejaculation ejection from a player of a movie that is intolerable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
I did, it has some good kills in it. It didn't look that cheap on the big screen
The CGI looked Costco-brand.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Quote:

Sharknado is DELIBERATE cheese.
In fact, it's a satirical celebration of cheap sci-fi horror crap.
It is the entire point of the movie.

Because anyone watching a Bigfoot movie does so under the guise of legit science? I liked it for it was, Bigfoot killing hipsters, the entire point of it.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1617 Post(s)
Liked: 1282
Some off-topic 'horror' update of my own...well Oink! was right when he said watch out for movers/insurance company screwing me over for damages. I received a check in the mail that barely covers 1/10th cost of the damages done by the movers. Mind you this insurance lady never gave us a phone call to let us know why they came to that amount, she just sent the check. After arguing, getting pissed at the lady (from me and my wife), so far they are going to pay 100% of my subwoofer (but they want the old one for salvage ha!), get actual estimates (not low numbers pulled from the sky) to 'fix' or replace damage furniture and the screen could be possibly replaced due to damage but it hangs on the mover auditor for not hiring a 3rd party to pack it, like my plasma tv's. Next time I am going to get a trailer and move my HT equipment and other stuff that is expensive/irreplaceable. What I though was funny was when my wife and I yesterday was on a conference call with the insurance/movers/relocation company, we recalled how much work 3 total movers had and how much time was given to move our stuff for this relocation. We also told them when we first relocated from Northern CA to Southern CA, there was a total of 10 packers and 4 movers working a 1360sqft home. Basically the corporate mover guy on the phone didn't have an answer because he knew his company tried to make the most money out of my wife's company by doing more with less, hence the broken stuff. The call shortly ended after that and I basically said there isn't any excuse other than negligence to why the things were damaged. Things will eventually work out but this is todays world where you have to follow up and actually fight to get something done.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Hopefully you will get it sorted out.

Watched Charlie's Farm an Australian slasher movie that has some dubious dialogue and acting, however, actor Nathan Jones plays the giant Charlie and his performance is really the only reason to watch the movie. The kills are slightly gory but overall a decent slasher flick.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Because anyone watching a Bigfoot movie does so under the guise of legit science? I liked it for it was, Bigfoot killing hipsters, the entire point of it.
JFC, I just wrote a long response and a PM came in and I lost it before submitting the post.

Anyway, I'm not criticizing anyone for liking this movie.
My complaint is there are too many ignorant people (NOT fellow forum members) who actually believe a myth born from fraud to be reality (like the Loch Ness monster).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Some off-topic 'horror' update of my own...well Oink! was right when he said watch out for movers/insurance company screwing me over for damages. I received a check in the mail that barely covers 1/10th cost of the damages done by the movers. Mind you this insurance lady never gave us a phone call to let us know why they came to that amount, she just sent the check. After arguing, getting pissed at the lady (from me and my wife), so far they are going to pay 100% of my subwoofer (but they want the old one for salvage ha!), get actual estimates (not low numbers pulled from the sky) to 'fix' or replace damage furniture and the screen could be possibly replaced due to damage but it hangs on the mover auditor for not hiring a 3rd party to pack it, like my plasma tv's. Next time I am going to get a trailer and move my HT equipment and other stuff that is expensive/irreplaceable. What I though was funny was when my wife and I yesterday was on a conference call with the insurance/movers/relocation company, we recalled how much work 3 total movers had and how much time was given to move our stuff for this relocation. We also told them when we first relocated from Northern CA to Southern CA, there was a total of 10 packers and 4 movers working a 1360sqft home. Basically the corporate mover guy on the phone didn't have an answer because he knew his company tried to make the most money out of my wife's company by doing more with less, hence the broken stuff. The call shortly ended after that and I basically said there isn't any excuse other than negligence to why the things were damaged. Things will eventually work out but this is todays world where you have to follow up and actually fight to get something done.
Sounds like a familiar story, Slippy.

They are trying to wear you down, hope you give up and just go away.
It's a tactic almost everyone in business uses these days.
Don't give up...the squeaky wheel is the one that gets greased.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4580 Post(s)
Liked: 10673
Quote:
Quickest "oinking" of all time (26 seconds):
1) Exists opens with "Since 1967 there has been over 3,000 sightings of Bigfoot."
2) Next screen reads, "Experts agree they are only violent when provoked."
3) OPEN button hit on my Oppo Remote...
26 seconds? Oh Gawd.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Waboman; 06-24-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:05 AM

Watched Killer Mountain last night... and I lasted more than 26 seconds. Even though my wife said it couldn't be done. Ha! Take that sweetie. You can't go wrong with master chief from BSG.

Spoiler!
GoCaboNow likes this.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
26 seconds? Oh Gawd.

Spoiler!
Well, I am close to a Black Hole and time does slows down (see Interstellar).

Spoiler!
Old 06-24-2015, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Man do I know that frustration. Sorry to hear, seriously sucks. Seems so hard to find a company with some damn integrity anymore. I'd def blast the hell out of them all over social media, yelp, etc. For some reason this reminded me of this post I saw somewhere: "want to get rid of drugs? Legalize them and have them sold by Comcast customer service."
BornSlippyZ likes this.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror: 
Old 06-24-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post
For some reason this reminded me of this post I saw somewhere: "want to get rid of drugs? Legalize them and have them sold by Comcast customer service."
Huh?
Old 06-24-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Huh?
Lol. Bartender, gimme what the General is having.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1617 Post(s)
Liked: 1282
Quote:
Hopefully you will get it sorted out.

Watched Charlie's Farm an Australian slasher movie that has some dubious dialogue and acting, however, actor Nathan Jones plays the giant Charlie and his performance is really the only reason to watch the movie. The kills are slightly gory but overall a decent slasher flick.
Thanks!
Quote:
JFC, I just wrote a long response and a PM came in and I lost it before submitting the post.

Anyway, I'm not criticizing anyone for liking this movie.
My complaint is there are too many ignorant people (NOT fellow forum members) who actually believe a myth born from fraud to be reality (like the Loch Ness monster).

Sounds like a familiar story, Slippy.

They are trying to wear you down, hope you give up and just go away.
It's a tactic almost everyone in business uses these days.
Don't give up...the squeaky wheel is the one that gets greased.
Yep, we got the insurance lady flustered with things she said to us, well my wife did because my wife is good at that. Right now most of our stuff is going to be paid out sans the screen, and that is being worked right now.
Quote:
Man do I know that frustration. Sorry to hear, seriously sucks. Seems so hard to find a company with some damn integrity anymore. I'd def blast the hell out of them all over social media, yelp, etc. For some reason this reminded me of this post I saw somewhere: "want to get rid of drugs? Legalize them and have them sold by Comcast customer service."
Yeah it sucks but my wife reminded me of our true priorities right now and that is my sons schooling since he is special needs. Everything else is money, which we are upset about but the principle of how our move was done between the moving company and their insurance has us more pissed than the money. I already got an apology via email from the moving company and I just told them that next time you guys move us things will be very different, and the moving company is going to take more time, a week to take care of everything. But really the apologize email is to save their butt because my wife already told her company (higher ups) and the relocation that the moving company is horrible to deal with. So with other employees moving across the country, this moving company reputation is on the line right now, and the outlook isn't pretty. I know I would be sorry too if there was a possibility of losing an big account like this.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Is it noon yet?
Old 06-24-2015, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Huh?
Quote:
I call it liver crossfit

Comcast customer service is so bad people would just say eff it, not worth it #badservice #crapcompanies

Sorry, sometimes I just don't make sense and need sympathy and six million dollars.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Sorry, sometimes I just don't make sense and need sympathy and six million dollars.
That makes 2 of us....
General Kenobi likes this.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:49 PM

I need to be getting my 140 posts in to get the 10k mark for my 10 year anniversary. Then take a break from here until October.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The genre seems dry as a martini lately. I'm planning to rent We Are Still Here based on darths rec but is there anything else out? Looks like Eli Roths The Stranger is in some theaters and VOD. Any takers?

Old 06-24-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
The genre seems dry as a martini lately. I'm planning to rent We Are Still Here based on darths rec but is there anything else out? Looks like Eli Roths The Stranger is in some theaters and VOD. Any takers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeKKFxBDP3o
It Follows?
Old 06-24-2015, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It Follows?
Almost oinked it in the theater

Old 06-24-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
You oinkers....
Old 06-24-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
You oinkers....
Sounds like a bad lounge band you'd see at a Holiday Inn.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Then take a break from here until October.
Why?

Quote:
It Follows?
Releasing 7/14 on NF.

Quote:
Sounds like a bad lounge band you'd see at a Holiday Inn.
Caught 'em last year at Octoberfest.

Spoiler!
Old 06-24-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Why?

I have like serious media fatigue, don't wanna watch a movie or read about them, same for video games. Internet in general if you know what I mean. Just need a break. Try to get a new habit.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
I have like serious media fatigue, don't wanna watch a movie or read about them, same for video games. Internet in general if you know what I mean. Just need a break. Try to get a new habit.
I understand.
If you are looking for new habits, I have plenty of bad ones you are welcome to...
Old 06-24-2015, 05:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1471 Post(s)
Liked: 1255
Quote:
I totally understand what you are talking about. I also find it completely hilarious that you would post it in a movie thread on a A/V internet forum.
tenthplanet and GoCaboNow like this.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Caught 'em last year at Octoberfest.

Spoiler!
Did they last more than 26 seconds?

Quote:
I understand.
If you are looking for new habits, I have plenty of bad ones you are welcome to...
I'm sure señor rsg prefers you keep your piggy habits to yourself...

Spoiler!

Old 06-24-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
I totally understand what you are talking about. I also find it completely hilarious that you would post it in a movie thread on a A/V internet forum.
Well it's 10 years in July I've been here. Feels like home.
Ken.F likes this.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I understand.
Stuff like picking up a book instead of the ipad.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked: 757
Quote:
Did "Seventh Son" fare any better?

I presume "oinking" isn't an innuendo.
That is the only way I read it.

Quote:
This is not legal in the state of Oregon. Peewee Herman law.

Quote:
Well it's 10 years in July I've been here. Feels like home.
10 years is a long time. Have times changed on this interweb forum since you began?

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Sponsored Links
Advertisement