October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 497 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2635Likes
post #14881 of 14896 Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2410 Post(s)
Liked: 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
I watched What We Do In The Shadows last night. I thought it was very good but I had an issue with Jemaine Clement (Vladislav). I really like him and he did a great job, but he also does the voice of Hanna's horse in the DirecTV commercials. Every time he talked I thought of Hannah Davis on a beach in a bikini. I'm not saying it was an unpleasant distraction, but still a distraction.
Didn't know...I'm usually paying attention to other aspects of the commercial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
I started watching this Saturday on Chiller. Got interrupted and didn't finish. Going to have to finish it.
I'd be surprised if you didn't like it.

Space For Rent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14882 of 14896 Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Say Cheeze! I baked these last night:

BTW, "Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein" comes to Netflix on the 1st. Bet you can't wait.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #14883 of 14896 Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 436
^Those look good Brian!

I watched Area 407 on Shudder today and it was ok for a shaky cam movie. Pay off isn't that great and you can figure this one out quickly before the half of the movie has elapsed.

October HorrorFest Participant
post #14884 of 14896 Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Ok, are the Terminator movies considered or can they be at least partially considered horror movies?

I love them, and i loved this one. Number 1, 2, and this one make a great trilogy. Forget the third and fourth.

I love the whole concept, the Terminators, Skynet, Sarah Conner, John Conner, and i love my namesake Arnold. Really enjoyed this one today, even more than Jurassic yesterday. Nice to get some enjoyment!!

never take life seriously
post #14885 of 14896 Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
Ok, are the Terminator movies considered or can they be at least partially considered horror movies?
I never thought of them as horror movies but if you say they are I'm good with it. The genre is so diverse I doubt anyone will try to change your mind about it.
post #14886 of 14896 Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked: 3475
I consider the Terminators more sci-fi. However, the first one definitely more horror based. I watched it recently (remastered version). Arnie was a bad mofo.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #14887 of 14896 Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked: 3475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Say Cheeze! I baked these last night:

Spoiler!

BTW, "Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein" comes to Netflix on the 1st. Bet you can't wait.
Dayum. Those look great. Perfect appetizer for Alvin meets Franky.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #14888 of 14896 Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Watched Unfriended today. Not bad and was pretty fun.
tenthplanet and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #14889 of 14896 Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Clowns don't scare everyone, but they should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Thank you for forcing me to grab a couple of Xanax tonite before going to sleep.
I would not be comfortable with the subliminal message this picture is sending if I were you. Good luck with your dreams...
Quote:

I love them, and i loved this one. Number 1, 2, and this one make a great trilogy. Forget the third and fourth.

I love the whole concept, the Terminators, Skynet, Sarah Conner, John Conner, and i love my namesake Arnold. Really enjoyed this one today, even more than Jurassic yesterday. Nice to get some enjoyment!!
Excellent, any time you can walk out of the theater having not been disappointed is a win in my book!

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
post #14890 of 14896 Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:

I consider the first one kinda thriller/horror/action/sci. James Cameron said that he had a nightmare of ruby eyed machines coming to kill him hence the idea of the Terminator was born, so yeah I would say that is horror to some degree.

October HorrorFest Participant
post #14891 of 14896 Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Ha ha ha ha, I have a great Facebook friend who lives in Canada who is totally freaked out by clowns, and I am always sending clowns to her. She will kill me!!!!

By the way, yesterday finally went to the theater, saw Jurassic World, and yes, i consider the Jurassic movies horror movies. Was very good. Didnt have the wonderment moments of the original, but in reality you can only get that once. Overall i enjoyed it a lot. Still thought i liked the first one better, but this is worth seeing for sure. Saw it in 3D.

Today i am going to see Terminator Genysis. Would that be considered a horror movie? I love Arnie and the Terminator movies, i am lucky my theater still has it, and in 3D just like the Jurassic one i saw yesterday. Nice to get out of the house a little that doesnt relate going to doctors or hospitals for my wife. Things still rough there, and will continue to be, but at least i can leave her for an afternoon at this point no problem.
Well there is a genre known as tech/horror/sci-fi Saturn 3 and the first Terminator would fit into those.

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #14892 of 14896 Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
I would not be comfortable with the subliminal message this picture is sending if I were you. Good luck with your dreams...
Thank you for the not SO subliminal message.
GoCaboNow likes this.

Space For Rent
post #14893 of 14896 Old Today, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 781 Post(s)
Liked: 787
I finished Deep in the Darkness last night and yes,it was a good watc. One thing that bothered me was I couldn't place the neighbor,Phil. Looked it up this morning,he is Dean Stockwell,he played Ben in Blue Velvet. Curiosity satisfied.
post #14894 of 14896 Old Today, 05:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
I finished Deep in the Darkness last night and yes,it was a good watc. One thing that bothered me was I couldn't place the neighbor,Phil. Looked it up this morning,he is Dean Stockwell,he played Ben in Blue Velvet. Curiosity satisfied.
Great ol' character actor.
FWIW, I didn't realize he was still alive.

Space For Rent
post #14895 of 14896 Old Today, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Dayum. Those look great. Perfect appetizer for Alvin meets Franky.
They are particularly good with bacon or black forest ham in them. The one I tried from the place that sells them in the next city over was the latter with probably a premium cheese too. Very tasty!

They do daily specials but those seem to sell out fast. BTW, these I made using up the rest of the Parker House rolls and use two for each zombie, one on the bottom and one on top. I'm not much of a white bread lover so want to do wheat next maybe with Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough in the refer section or make dough with my bread machine.

"Alien Outpost" from the title and poster may look like an Asylum movie but it is far from it. Available on Netflix this excellent little title is both sci-fi and horror in one. The premise is that it is a documentary done by a professional crew about a military team hunting down remaining alien "heavies" after a war with alien invaders. This is a smart film and I gave 4 severed goat heads.
post #14896 of 14896 Unread Today, 11:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
They are particularly good with bacon or black forest ham in them.
Spoiler!

Quote:
"Alien Outpost" from the title and poster may look like an Asylum movie but it is far from it. Available on Netflix this excellent little title is both sci-fi and horror in one. The premise is that it is a documentary done by a professional crew about a military team hunting down remaining alien "heavies" after a war with alien invaders. This is a smart film and I gave 4 severed goat heads.
I started it, but fell asleep.
Too much of Been There, Done That to keep me awake.

Space For Rent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page