October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 533 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #15961 of 15963 Unread Today, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post
5. To Let (Para Entrar a Vivir) (FTV)
In Spanish with subtitles. A young couple get more than they bargained for when they go apartment hunting in an isolated area of town. To reveal much more of the plot will spoil too much for you, as most of the fun (at least in the better, creepier first half) is trying to figure out just what the heck is happening and why. This was fresh and original, fast and bloody, at times quite absurd and infuriating. Plagued with characters making really bad decisions that have you shouting at the screen, but despite this I kinda liked this scrappy little weird-out of a film.

3 out of 5 stars.

Bob's October 2015 Horror Movie List
FTV denotes first time viewing
2. Our Mother's House (FTV)
3. Poltergeist (2015, in 3D) (FTV)
4. Dark Was the Night (FTV)
5. To Let (Para Entrar a Vivir)(FTV)
Loving all the FTVs man!

I cued up my NF Bd queue and now The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is on short wait status! Ugh, oh well The Decent on BD will have to do! First world problems ha!

October HorrorFest Participant

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; Today at 09:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
post #15962 of 15963 Unread Today, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 505
A bit OT but for anyone looking at all the new streaming devices out and considering cutting cable (as I am) the Roku 4 was just announced and will ship 10/21.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror: 
post #15963 of 15963 Unread Today, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Getting caught up on movies from the weekend.

4-Extinction 2015 (FTV) Can somebodytell me why this was rated “R”? Good beginning and then it turns into a watereddown, sitcom of two men and a young girl. I knew something was up when in thefirst two minutes of the show I did a major face palm. Civilians are on busses,theoretically being evacuated to safety from the 28 Days Later like infected,fast zombies. Busses come to an unplanned stop. Gun toting Army guy gets offthe bus to investigate and is not heard from again. So second, and last guntoting Army guy gets off the bus to look for first guy - and is promptlyattacked. A whole 60 seconds goes by and one of our heroes decides the gunswould come in handy so he HAS to get off the bus to get the guns. Yeah, becausethey REALLY helped the first two guys. It then gets WAY slower and much moreboring. Too bad though. I really wanted to like this. Creature effects were very good, and a good cast.Kind of had an I Am Legend meets 30 Days of Night look…but not the action. Also,not sure how the onslaught of the fast Zombie apocalypse ALSO brought about anice age, but that happened somehow…

2.96 Buff Zombies

5-Only Lover’s Left Alive 2013 (FTV)Yeah, not really my cup of tea for two hours+. Really good cast though. I’msure this is exactly what the director wanted to make but is really slow andnot much happens. This is not a horror movie. Very good performances byHiddleston, Swinton and Yelchin but I felt like Oinking this at the 14 minutemark – and should have. J

This movie has –

- lots ofhipsterism

- moodylongings for a better life

- shirtlessTilda Swinton and Tom Hiddleston.

2 Lame vampires.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Sponsored Links
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page