October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 559 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10916Likes

post #16741 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1723 Post(s)
Liked: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Three years ago someone would have carted it away to put it in their rec room. No one wants these big boxes anymore. I need to get rid of it before the recyclers want money to cart it off.
Some people use the screen lens from those things in solar projects. If you put it on craigslist you might find someone to haul it away for free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16742 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 671
21. Girly (aka Mumsy, Nanny, Sonny & Girly) (FTV)
Two overgrown "children" lure "playmates" to a huge decaying estate run by their "Mumsy", where they are forced to play by bizarre rules or they are "sent to the angels". Made in 1969, this film just managed to predate the weirdness of the droogs in "A Clockwork Orange", and another strange family of Texas Chainsaw Massacre by several years. In the title role, Girly looks like a Clueless era Alicia Silverstone wearing school uniforms from the movie Rushmore, but don't let her insouciant cuteness fool you--she is like a feral animal who can still bite. To say this film is off-kilter is an understatement, and it has a very British sensibility, where manners and custom become a sort of horrific entrapment of their own. Watch this if you want something completely different!

4 out of 5 stars.

Bob's October 2015 Horror Movie List
FTV denotes first time viewing
1. The Baby's Room (LA HABITACIÓN DEL NIÑO) (FTV)
2. Our Mother's House (FTV)
3. Poltergeist (2015, in 3D) (FTV)
4. Dark Was the Night (FTV)
5. To Let (Para Entrar a Vivir)(FTV)
6. Hardware
7. What Have You Done To Solange? (FTV)
8. Creep (FTV)
9. We Are Still Here (FTV)
10. Insidious Chapter 3(FTV)
11. Rammbock: Berlin Undead (FTV)
12. The Children (FTV)
13. Sheitan (FTV)
14. Rabies (FTV)
15. Crimson Peak (FTV)
16. The Revenant (2009)
17. Unfriended (FTV)
18. Alice, Sweet Alice (FTV)
19. The Chair (2007) (FTV)
20. Maniac (1980) (FTV)

darthrsg and ApolloCreed like this.

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #16743 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 41
watched Wolf Creek 2 last night and thought it was pretty good for a sequel.

GF is not too crazy on the gore films so she didn't make it all the way but I thought it was well done. That is one crazy SOB !!

The ending is not what you would have expected for good ole Mick though.
GoCaboNow likes this.

post #16744 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
For some reason I think Sphere pairs well with Event Horizon.
Funny, I have always thought the same thing, I have always kind of associated them together. Maybe they both have a big sphere, but whatever, I think they pair well as you say.

I am in the mood for Event Horizon, if i can work it out to start watching again i will try to get it in this month. So much is going on here this month has been almost a failure for me with only about 5 or 6 movies watched.
stevew24963 and BornSlippyZ like this.

never take life seriously
post #16745 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2389 Post(s)
Liked: 3025
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
Funny, I have always thought the same thing, I have always kind of associated them together. Maybe they both have a big sphere, but whatever, I think they pair well as you say.

I am in the mood for Event Horizon, if i can work it out to start watching again i will try to get it in this month. So much is going on here this month has been almost a failure for me with only about 5 or 6 movies watched.
Spoiler!
yankeeman likes this.
post #16746 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked: 1563
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliVolume View Post
No, it's definitely not Age of Ultron...

Wait -- you're talking about 30 Days of Night or Jurassic World?

I was referring to 30 Days of Night's amazing TrueHD track...
Sorry, 30 Days of Night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
Yeah, I work about a mile from a fleet store. They do have good prices, but I can't stand being in there. The layout is chaotic and overall, its just a little rustic for my tastes. The fleet stores in the twin cities area are probably a little more presentable I would imagine.
Good choice of words ha! I don't look like their average customer (I look like a CA surfer), but the customer service was great! This one had their ish together better than some Targets I visited. I didn't walk the whole store but I was impressed with everything they had, including 25,000LBS tie down chains!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
Yep, that BD is near-reference quality IMO. (30 Days of Night)
I watched a few minutes of the film and yeah, the video and audio are light years beyond what I have seen on IFC. Great buy for $5!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Fleet Farm's are similar to Farm and Fleet's in Wisconsin and Iowa. How many places can you get toys, tires, and a fence charger all under one roof?
I have been to Wisconsin once and Iowa twice. In Iowa I like Hyvee Grocery stores and they are building one out near me soon. Next time I go to Wisconsin, I am going to check out that store!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mice View Post
Okay, yes, so I did my A Nightmare On Elm Street movie marathon yesterday. Going into it, I wasn't sure how far I would get, but I guaranteed myself that I would get at least four movies done. I was out of bed early (a body clock thing for me), and I started to put together my slow cooker chili at about 7:45AM by cutting up the onion, peppers, cooking up the ground beef, etc., etc.. By the time I had this done and washed the dishes afterwards, it was about 9AM. I got my snacks together and put a slip of paper and a pencil on my coffee table so that I could make note of what time each movie started and ended and give each film a rating after I'd watched it. Of course, I would occasionally pause movies to go to the washroom or get something to drink or check on how the chili was doing, but here is how it went:

9:13AM - Started the first movie
10:55AM - First movie ended
11:10AM - Started the second movie
12:39PM - Second movie ended
12:55PM - Started the third movie
2:41PM - Third movie ended
2:52PM - Fourth movie started
4:29PM - Fourth movie ended
4:30PM - 5:09PM - Dinner break
5:10PM - Fifth movie started
6:43PM - Fifth movie ended
6:59PM - Sixth movie started
8:32PM - Sixth movie ended
8:38PM - Seventh movie started
10:35PM - Seventh movie ended
10:45PM - Fizzled right out and went to bed

I'd sort of hoped to get to Freddy vs. Jason since it was in the set of movies that I have but I was completely done after seven movies. That was a great run, I'd never done that many movies in one day before. I just couldn't see myself doing the first five movies and leave the last two hanging for another time so I pushed to get through it.

The slow cooker chili turned out well but this is the first time I've ever done it in a slow cooker rather than the Dutch Oven. Also, so that I would have lots of leftovers to freeze for later, I made a really big pot and increased the quantity of ingredients to go with it. In the end, it turned out well but I probably could have done with a little less tomato sauce and a little more chili powder, otherwise it was bang on. I was using a family recipe and put a few twists of my own on it and thankfully those twists turned out well! I let it cook for eight hours on low.

Impressions of the films...well it's all a bit of a blur right now but I have to say that I liked the first movie the most and the third movie was probably my second-favorite. I'd heard a lot of bad things about the second movie but I thought it was okay. I liked Jesse's father and Coach Schneider in that one LOL. The fourth movie was also okay, a fun popcorn kind of flick, the fifth movie was an interesting take with the whole "Dream Child" concept but unfortunately was average at best. Easily the worst movie was the sixth movie, Freddy's Dead. Kind of bizarre and "out there" but it did have some good scenes. Wes Craven's New Nightmare definitely threw me for a loop with bringing back Heather Langenkamp playing as herself in the movie, and bringing New Line Cinema and Wes Craven into it and talking about making a new movie within the movie. Kinda cool. It wasn't great but a fun way to end the series.

So here are my ratings:

A Nightmare On Elm Street - 4 out of 5
A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 - 3 out of 5
A Nightmare On Elm Street 3 - 3.5 out of 5
A Nightmare On Elm Street 4 - 3 out of 5
A Nightmare On Elm Street 5 - 2.5 out of 5
Freddy's Dead - The Final Nightmare - 2 out of 5 (barely, I almost gave it a 1.5)
Wes Craven's New Nightmare - 3 out of 5

So there you have it, this year's all-day marathon is in the books, but there are still a few more movies to go on my end! Tonight will likely be Zombeavers.
Sounds fun and a perfect meal to watch all of those flicks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post
Two overgrown "children" lure "playmates" to a huge decaying estate run by their "Mumsy", where they are forced to play by bizarre rules or they are "sent to the angels". Made in 1969, this film just managed to predate the weirdness of the droogs in "A Clockwork Orange", and another strange family of Texas Chainsaw Massacre by several years. In the title role, Girly looks like a Clueless era Alicia Silverstone wearing school uniforms from the movie Rushmore, but don't let her insouciant cuteness fool you--she is like a feral animal who can still bite. To say this film is off-kilter is an understatement, and it has a very British sensibility, where manners and custom become a sort of horrific entrapment of their own. Watch this if you want something completely different!

4 out of 5 stars.

6. Hardware
8. Creep (FTV)
12. The Children (FTV)
13. Sheitan (FTV)
14. Rabies (FTV)
15. Crimson Peak (FTV)
16. The Revenant (2009)
17. Unfriended (FTV)
20. Maniac (1980) (FTV)

I like that naughty girl picture!
post #16747 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post

4 out of 5 stars.

6. Hardware
8. Creep (FTV)
12. The Children (FTV)
13. Sheitan (FTV)
14. Rabies (FTV)
15. Crimson Peak (FTV)
16. The Revenant (2009)
17. Unfriended (FTV)
20. Maniac (1980) (FTV)

For Wabo. Insouciant - showing a casual lack of concern; indifferent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Agreed.
Bob McLaughlin likes this.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
post #16748 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 5101 Post(s)
Liked: 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
For Wabo. Insouciant - showing a casual lack of concern; indifferent

Agreed.
I appreciate the effort. As the weekend approaches the ol' cerebral cortex begins to shut down. However there's just enough neurons still firing for me to say this," rapaciousness". I'll use it in a sentence. I'm rather rapaciousness around pulled pork.
Bob McLaughlin likes this.

post #16749 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I appreciate the effort. As the weekend approaches the ol' cerebral cortex begins to shut down. However there's just enough neurons still firing for me to say this," rapaciousness". I'll use it in a sentence. I'm rather rapaciousness around pulled pork.
I, on the other hand, am not comfortable around pulled pork.

post #16750 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 5101 Post(s)
Liked: 11765
Quote:
I, on the other hand, am not comfortable around pulled pork.
All depends on how it's pulled. If it's self oinked you best pass on it.
GoCaboNow and stevew24963 like this.

post #16751 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I am having Pork Chops and Apple Sauce tonight!
post #16752 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

It was really nice weather here today so I made oink ribs on the grill.
post #16753 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 04:27 PM

Oink is gonna rat you all out and get us all imporktions.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #16754 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

You guys are killing it! Ha!
post #16755 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Oink is gonna rat you all out and get us all imporktions.
Since I'm no longer on double-secret probation I can stand to be red-buttoned again.
darthrsg likes this.
post #16756 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Any of you guys have that big Halloween BD box set of all the films? If so how is the quality of the films and extras?

Hey My Friend,

Indeed, I have contemplated getting this set from the day it was announced that Anchor Bay would be teaming up with Shout Factory and even Dimension Films to make a one-of-a-kind studio-sharing-sanctioned set...the problem, for me personally, was that I already bought Anchor Bay/Starz' first Blu-ray release of Halloween (which, in my opinion, sucked because it had too much film grain and the wrong color timing scheme as seen on the Cundey-approved THX DVD from '99) and I still have, and play, the aforementioned 1999 Anchor Bay THX DVD edition of the film which looks "right" to me (i.e. autumn in Illinois, not spring/summer in California -- complete with some random accidental shots of palm trees you can actually catch in certain sequences if you look closely enough) even though it is somewhat murkier. The THX DVD also comes with a rather fantastic, effective Dolby Digital 5.1 remix that I like -- but aside from that, the box set comes with two versions of the first film, I believe the original (and inferior) Starz transfer with the PCM track (unnecessary) as well as the more recent 35th Anniversary cut which is supposed to be "better supervised" by Cundey and I believe Carpenter (when these discs were released alone, the 35th Anniversary came in a cool digibook but it was for a limited run and I never got around to picking it up)...some say the 35th Anniversary looks much better than any other version of Halloween, while others say it STILL doesn't have Cundey's intended blue filtered look in the night sequences...I can't say because I haven't seen the 35th Anniversary disc, but anything's gotta be better than the original Starz Blu-ray in my opinion.

I am, personally, only a fan up until around the fourth film, which I think was the end of the decent sequels -- after The Return of Michael Myers, the series went off the rails to me, what with trying to explain Michael's killing rage by suggesting he was in some kind of weird cult, one which is headed by the dark cloaked figure that tried to break him out of jail at the end of the fifth film...give me a break. And don't even get me started on giving "Busta Rhymes" (of all assclowns) a role in one of the Miramax-sanctioned sequels. At any rate, I already own Universal's anamorphic DVDs of Halloween II and the awesome, highly underrated Halloween III: Season of the Witch, so the box set really doesn't make sense for me, as cool and badass as it would look sitting on the shelf. I didn't care for Zombie's remake, so I wish that wasn't even IN there, so if I could, I would buy a "custom made" box set and have them include only the first four films.

To be honest, Universal's DVD release of Halloween III looks spectacular upconverted on my Oppo Blu-ray player (though I wish they remixed the 2.0 mono track for multichannel); VERY close to a high definition look. The versions before it, including an awful-looking Goodtimes DVD release, don't compare to Universal's release:

BornSlippyZ and The Mice like this.
post #16757 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:

Agreed.

Yeah...

That little number can suck on my finger anytime....
post #16758 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Sorry, 30 Days of Night.

Gotcha; yeah, isn't the TrueHD track on that disc kick-ass? I just watched this last night and the mastering was so aggressive, I kept thinking "THIS is how a soundtrack should ALWAYS be done..."

The 2.35:1 1080p encode is spectacular too, especially the shots depicting the snow in Alaska -- these scenes are rendered in an almost surreal, definitely jaw-dropping fashion...

Quote:

Indeed, me too...I was just telling Cabo that she could suck on MY thumb anytime she wants....
post #16759 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 05:30 PM

Rented this for tonight; wish me luck:

post #16760 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 91
10/19
Halloween (1978) - Watched this again for a second time this month since it was on AMC.

10/20
Missed my goal of at least one movie every night. I started watching Tremors 3 on AMC and fell asleep about 10 minutes in.

10/21
30 Days of Night: Dark Days - The sequel finds one of the survivors from the first time around on a mission to expose the vampire race. A small group of vampire hunters finds her and she joins their mission. I really didn't care for the sequel nearly as much as the original. Having the humans hunting the vampires rather than the other way around really isn't scary. This was more of an action movie than horror; kind of like the Blade movies.
post #16761 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 06:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^Cool format of poster!

Yep Intelli, my next BD player will be an Oppo and those things are very nice!
IntelliVolume likes this.
post #16762 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
^Cool format of poster!

Yep Intelli, my next BD player will be an Oppo and those things are very nice!

You won't find another brand that makes a player which upscales DVDs like Oppos'...
post #16763 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 06:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 509
13. Crimson Peak (2015)- {3.75/5} Theater (FTV) This movie is all about set design and a great score that combine to create an all-around fantastic atmosphere. So much attention paid to fine detail. Very cool. So, visually and sonically, this thing is as good as it gets but unfortunately, the story wasn't able to keep up and was fairly predictable. I liked it, don't get me wrong....but I'd being lying if I said that I was completely happy with the level of tension and overall "scare factor" that it had. There were creepy moments, no doubt about that....but the trailer had me ready for something different than what actually happened. In the end, still absolutely no regrets though. This was a fun watch and I'm sure I'll be revisiting it once it comes out on disc.

14.Found (2012)- {4.25/5} DVD This is our second viewing of this little gem and it was just as enjoyable this time around. Disturbing and original. Definitely worth your time if you haven't seen it. Strong acting from the main characters (especially the kid who played Marty) and a strong element of gore and brutality that is strangely awesome when combined with somewhat of a coming of age story.

15.Headless (2015)- {3.5/5} Vimeo (FTV) For those that have seen Found, this is the VHS movie that "inspired" Marty's brother to become a serial killer. So basically, this is the movie within a movie.......in its entirety. Holy sh$t fellas. Talk about a grisly and severely disturbing movie. It's hard to describe and I don't want to give anything away.....so just watch it....if you dare. Those into the sick and twisted will NOT be disappointed.

16. You'll Like My Mother (1972)- {3.25/5} DVD (FTV) This is a movie about a pregnant young widow (Patty Duke) who travels to a mansion in Duluth, MN to meet her late husband's mother for the first time. She discovers a number of disturbing secrets about the family while being forced to stay there due to a heavy snowstorm and eventually mayhem ensues. Overall, this was a well done movie. The acting and storyline were solid and there were some genuinely scary moments throughout. The one thing that made this movie especially appealing is the fact that it was filmed at the Glensheen mansion in Duluth. Not sure if the story made national headlines, but the real-life murders that occurred there are pretty well known around here..... and to this day, they still give tours of the mansion for those that want to see the scene of the crimes.

17. Psycho (1960)- {3.5/5} BD Not sure when I last saw this in its entirety but it's definitely been awhile. I picked up the BD on Amazon for $10 and it turned out to be a nice addition to my collection. Good PQ and a surround mix that even included a few scenes with LFE! Anthony Perkins does a fantastic job of course, and Janet Leigh definitely had it going on with her cone-shaped bras and the infinitely famous shower-kill scene. I'm not sure why, but there's something about men dressed as women killing people that creeps me the eff out. I wouldn't call myself a Hitchcock fan, but this one is well done.

18. Psycho II (1983)- {3.5/5} DVD It was great to see this back to back with the first installment. I liked how the two stories mirrored each other in a number of different (and clever) ways. The director (Richard Franklin not Hitchcock) tied the two stories together perfectly by making this movie 22 years after the original when Norman was finally released from prison after being deemed "sane" enough to return to society. Anthony Perkins nails the character once again and the movie maintained the eeriness of the original. IMO, a worthy sequel to a classic in the horror genre.

Cocktail choice for our Psycho double feature: Raspberry Mojitos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0077.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	1010857  
ADU, darthrsg, GoCaboNow and 3 others like this.

OG October Horrorfest Contributor
post #16764 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Oooo, raspberry mojito! Sounds good to me!
ApolloCreed likes this.
post #16765 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post
Watching I spit on your grave 3.
Curious how this one was. I liked the original and the remake, don't know if I remember the second one lol (not sure that's a good thing).

Let's see, some other stuff watched, I think I am starting to forget lol. All the Screams are down now. I think I may do all the Halloweens. I did enjoy them and I can end with the new remakes (which of course were great, thank you Rob Zombie).
ApolloCreed likes this.
post #16766 of 24916 Old 10-22-2015, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Twin Peaks - 3/5 - Don't get me wrong, we were disturbed the physological thriller aspect of the movie. It was interesting but there were still too many times where we were just like WTF are we watching?

The Crazies - 4/5 - We really enjoyed this one. I kept postpoing this movie as I kept thinking it was just another lame zombie movie but it was very refreshing and maintained interest throughout

Basement | Horrorfest 2015
Samsung 51" PN51D7000 | Mede8er 600X3D | Roku 3 | Pana. BDT110 | 30TB+ ZFS
Denon AVR-2113CI | Ascend Sierra-1 LCR | Ascend CBM-170 SE | PSA XV15
Living Room
Sony 65" KDL65W850A | Mede8er 600X3D | Wii
Denon AVR-X1000 | JBL Studio 530 | JBL Studio 520C | Outlaw LFM-1 EX
post #16767 of 24916 Old 10-23-2015, 03:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 533
TREMORS - not a great movie, but watchable. Cheap effects on the monsters, but i had this on the DVR, forgot i had it, bumped across it while wifey was in the shower so got in a quick watch.

Subterrainian monsters trap people on rooftops, rocks, etc out in the desert.

For Oink, it starred Kevin BACON.

2015 October Movies Watched
01- Inferno Of Torture - 2.5 topless tortured zombies
02- Sharknado - 4.0 L.A. laid-back shark-eating zombies
03- Sharknado II - 5.0 New York tough shark-eating zombies
04- Sharnkado III - 3.0 too familiar shark-eating zombies
05- Planet Terror - 4.5 disgusting, gross zombies
06- Evil Dead - 5.0 possessed violent evil zombies
07- Tremors - 2.5 underground zombies

never take life seriously
post #16768 of 24916 Old 10-23-2015, 04:14 AM

2015 Horror Marathon

Spoiler!

Satan Needs Women Double Feature

57. House of the Devil. A slow burning film that erupts into a four alarm fire. Probably doesn't have a ton of replay value but I still like it and Ti West. Set in the 80's a broke student needs cash and accepts a babysitting job. Hijinks ensue, and by hijinks I mean satanic sex cults and eclipses.

58. Lords of Salem. My favorite Rob Zombie movie. It's another slow burn documentary about the courting rituals of satan and how music is the devil. This one is weird in all the right places and has tons of atmosphere and symbols. Dare I say it's Kubrick level or give props for him trying to go there?

Last edited by darthrsg; 10-23-2015 at 09:35 AM.
post #16769 of 24916 Old 10-23-2015, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliVolume View Post
You won't find another brand that makes a player which upscales Blurays like Oppos'...
Fixed it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzBloopzZ View Post
The Crazies - 4/5 - We really enjoyed this one. I kept postpoing this movie as I kept thinking it was just another lame zombie movie but it was very refreshing and maintained interest throughout
Crazies is an under appreciated little gem, imo. Great cast and absolutely killer bass as well. 2nd half kind of loses it's mojo a bit but still solid.

20- The Pyramid 2014 (FTV) This was one of those camera point of view movies that switches back and forth from the actors point of view to an actual camera man - which I am always grateful for. Some recognizable people in this but they are ALL overacting which gets the movie off to a poor start. Picks up for a few scenes that remind of much better movies and then the usual crappy ending. 2.90 Emaciated Cats

21- Return of the living dead II 1988 It has been a long time since I have seen this one but it gradually came back. A lot of good ideas, but the execution is a little lame in this. I do give it credit for that indomitable 80's look and feel.
3 BRAINS

post #16770 of 24916 Old 10-23-2015, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Anyone else having trouble with Shudder? I can't get the Roku or Android apps to load. I can't even get the website to load.

Edit: Never mind. It's working now.

Last edited by Ken.F; 10-23-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page