Oct 1st -1. "Atrocious"
- "The Quintanilla family was found dead. Recorded evidence was discovered by the police. Production company acquires the confidential material and edits it into a Horror Movie."
This one could have been really good. Had me drawn in a couple of times but just didn't follow through. Overall not bad. Good use of surround sound.
2.752. "A Horrible Way to Die"
- "An escaped murderer is in pursuit of his ex-girlfriend, who has fled to start a new life in a small town."
Flash forwards, flash backs, extreme close-ups and out of focus shots all add to the confusion that is "A Horrible Way to Die". If you can keep up and don't mind the director's camera techniques you may find it interesting.
- "After a mysterious malfunction sends their small plane climbing out of control, a rookie pilot and her four teenage friends find themselves trapped in a deadly showdown with a supernatural force."
Like a very bad 'Amazing Stories' episode; the only thing good about this is that Jessica Lowndes
is easy on the eyes.
1.04. "Red State"
- "Set in Middle America, a group of teens receive an online invitation for sex, though they soon encounter fundamentalists with a much more sinister agenda."
I enjoyed "Red State", a little slow in spots but overall kept me entertained.
3.05. "Les 7 jours du talion" ( Seven Days)
- "A doctor seeks revenge by kidnapping, torturing and killing the man who raped and murdered his young daughter."
Some disturbing scenes of brutal revenge!
- "On a remote Irish farm, five people become unwilling participants in an experiment that goes nightmarishly wrong."
Nice creature feature... dreary and claustrophobic!
2.757. "From Dust to Dawn"
- "Two criminals and their hostages unknowingly seek temporary refuge in an establishment populated by vampires, with chaotic results."
I've always liked this film and it was coming on IFC so I watched it. Salma Hayek
sure looked hot.
- "A horror/thriller centered on a serial killer in a rundown London suburb."
It's like being a fly on the wall and observing the mundane life of a nobody who just happens to be a serial killer. Maybe a little too slow for some but I throughly enjoyed this one.
3.5Oct 2nd -9. "Boo"
- "A handful of college students get trapped in a haunted hospital on Halloween."
Don't waste your time, this is really lame (just a little better than "Altitude").
- "A group of people are trapped in an elevator and the Devil is mysteriously amongst them."
Better the first time I saw it but still entertaining.
- "Every Halloween, a small hamlet in the deep woods is visited by a fierce goblin, intent on capturing infants and brutally murdering anyone in it's path.
It was on Sci-Fy so I sat and watched it.... what a waste of time.
1.012. "Intruder" - Uncut Version
- "The overnight stock crew of a local supermarket find themselves being stalked and slashed by a mysterious maniac."
I can't believe I haven't seen this before. Fortunately I was able to view the 'uncut' edition which includes the 'band saw scene' in all it's blood and gore and the 'head pressing scene' as well as a few others. Great 80's slasher with some really good effects (in the uncut version). Takes awhile to get going and the story isn't that great but the direction and acting (which for the most part is good) make up for the lack of story.
3.75Oct 3rd -13. "Pieces"
- "Young co-eds are being cut up by a chainsaw killer on a college campus. The killer is attempting to put together a human jigsaw puzzle made from body parts."
Dumb but funny trashy 80's 'hack 'em up'. This is one of those "it's so bad it's good" flicks.. worth a watch.
314. "Murder-Set-Pieces Director's Cut"
- "Set against Sin City, Las Vegas, "Murder-Set-Pieces" tells the story of a fashion photographer whose vocation is murder - a voyeuristic nightmare of blood, sex and brutality."
Be sure to watch the 'Director's Cut'. The Lion's Gate Films "R" rated version of "Murder-Set-Pieces" was released on January 9th, 2007, and it is cut and edited by 23 minutes. No other film in the history of cinema has had to have that many minutes cut to avoid the "NC-17" rating.
Unlike "Pieces" campy-ness, 'Murder-Set-Pieces' is hard core blood and gore, not for everyone! Be prepared for grisly bloody violence, disturbing images, strong sexuality and nudity to name a few.
3.7515. Jack Ketchum's "The Lost"
- "Hanging out at some campgrounds one nice summer day, 19-year-old Ray Pye decides to murder two young women."
A very entertaining film, Marc Senter's
performance as 'Ray Pye' is outstanding. I was so impressed with Robin Sydney's
(Katherine) "assets" I've added "Wicked Lake
" to the films I will be viewing.
3.75Oct 4th -16. "Bereavement"
- "The horrific account of 6 year old Martin Bristol, abducted from his backyard swing and forced to witness the brutal crimes of a deranged madman."
Unfortunately I found "Bereavement" to be boring and dull, not scary at all! There were a couple of good scene's but not enough to make up for the lack of excitement. Be sure to watch all the way through the end credits, there's a scene at the very end of the credits.
2.517. "Zombie Town (aka Night of the Creeps 2)"
- "Local mechanic Jake LaFond's life is suddenly disrupted when mysterious parasites transform the law-abiding citizens of his quaint hometown into hoards of cannibalistic zombies."
Low budget zombie flick "borrowing" the 'slugs' from "Night of the Creeps
" (one of my all time favorite campy horror movies) but nowhere near as good. If you really like zombies (PooperScooper) you may find this one entertaining.
- "From the producers of SAW, VLOG is a groundbreaking extreme-horror film about a real-life webcam girl whose online murder is not what it seems."
This one just did not work for me, parts were interesting but not enough to sit through it ever again.
1.519. "The Loved Ones"
- "When Brent turns down his classmate Lola's invitation to the prom, she concocts a wildly violent plan for revenge."
Fun and twisted Aussie horror film. Enjoyed this one.
3.5Oct. 5th -20. "Wicked Lake"
- "Two clans of deranged males make the mistake of stalking four young women they assume to be easy prey, only to find out that at the stroke of midnight the tables will be turned and all hell will break loose."
Lots of nudity... some gore... stupid story... poor acting..."Lesbian vampire ghouls vs. ill-mannered, sex-starved mental defectives."
1.521. "The Bad Seed"
- "Christine Penmark seems to have it all: a lovely home, a loving husband and the most "perfect" daughter in the world. But since childhood, Christine has suffered from the most terrible recurring nightmare. And her "perfect" daughter's accomplishments include lying, theft and possibly much, much worse. Only Christine knows the truth about her daughter and only Christine's father knows the truth about her nightmare."
Some may not consider this a 'horror' movie but according to IMDB it is a "Drama | Horror | Mystery". It's not horror in the sense of demons and goals or blood and gore, it's horror dealing with pure evil. One of my all time favorite movies, if you have not seen 'The Bad Seed' you should check it out. Patty McCormack
dis outstanding as Rhoda Penmark.
422. "The Thing From Another World"
- "Scientist at an Arctic research station discover a spacecraft buried in the ice. Upon closer examination, they discover the frozen pilot. All hell breaks loose when they take him back to their station and he is accidentally thawed out!"
I love 50's Sci-Fi/Horror and this is one of the best ones around. This is a classic!
423. "It! The Terror From Beyond Space"
- "In 1973, the first manned expedition to Mars is marooned; by the time a rescue mission arrives, there is only one survivor: the leader, Col. Edward Carruthers, who appears to have murdered the others! According to Carruthers, an unknown life form killed his comrades during a sandstorm. But the skeptical rescuers little suspect that "it" has stowed away for the voyage back to Earth..."
More 50's Horror/Sci-fi... by many this is considered the original "Alien
". Outdated but delivers.
3Oct 6th -24. "Dream House"
- "Soon after moving into their seemingly idyllic new home, a family learns of a brutal crime committed against former residents of the dwelling."
Ok but nothing great.
- "In the back country of Louisiana, a group of friends unearth a terrible secret that unleashes a monster from the depths of the swamp."
Don't waste your time or money.
1.5Oct 7th -27. "Outcast"
- "It tells the tale of Petronella (a Scottish/Romany girl) and Fergal (her mysterious Irish traveller boyfriend). As their doomed relationship plays out, a Beast stalks the estate, killing locals, working its way towards our protagonists.""Gritty urban supernatural horror" - "Unique and Refreshing Irish/Scottish Horror"
, to quote a couple of comments on IMDB. Slow to get going but finishes fairly strong "Outcast" is definitely worth a rent.
2.7528. "House of 1000 Corpses"
- "Two teenage couples traveling across the backwoods of Texas searching for urban legends of serial killers end up as prisoners of a bizarre and sadistic backwater family of serial killers."
Nice tribute to 70's horror done up Rob Zombie style. Not the best I've ever seen but by far not the worst.
3.529. "I Spit On Your Grave" (1978)
- "An aspiring writer is repeatedly gang-raped, humiliated, and left for dead by four men whom she systematically hunts down to seek revenge."
This film was passed uncut in Australia until December 1997. It was banned from December 1997 until June 2004. It was also banned in other countries as well.... my how things have changed.
2.75Oct. 8th -30. "I spit On Your Grave" (2010)
- "A writer who is brutalized during her cabin retreat seeks revenge on her attackers, who left her for dead."
Not bad for a remake. In many ways the remake is better than the original. "Show me your teeth!"
331. "Mother's Day"
- "The sadistic members of a villainous family return to their childhood home to terrorize the new home owners and their guests."
No ghosts or goals here just intense home invasion horror. I enjoyed this movie, although for the life of me I can never understand why when the victim gets the upper hand they newer finish off the villain but run away instead giving the villain a chance to recover and come after them. Other than that, not a bad movie. Rebecca De Mornay
does a good job as Natalie 'Mother' Koffin.
- "Amber dreams of escaping her small town existence and persuades her friends to accompany her to find an apartment in the big city. When their transportation breaks down, she and her friends gratefully accept a ride in the back of a semi. But when the driver refuses to stop and they discover the cargo is hundreds of cartons of blood, they panic. Their panic turns to terror when the truck disgorges them into a dark, abandoned warehouse where blood-thirsty creatures learn to hunt human prey, which, the friends realize, is what they now are..."
Not a bad little vampire flix with a twist, it had it's moments. Worth a rent if you like vampires.
2.75Oct. 9th -33. "Rammbock: Berlin Undead" - "Just when Michael arrives in Berlin to visit his ex-girlfriend Gabi, a terrible virus starts spreading across the city at a rapid pace, turning people into mindless homicidal maniacs. Much to Michael's concern, Gabi's not home; instead, he meets Harper, a teenage plumber's apprentice at work in her apartment block. Together, they manage to barricade themselves when raging hordes of infected people swarm the building. Surrounded by these thirsty zombies, Michael and Harper have their hands full to survive - and it will take all of their ingenuity to make their way out to try and find Gabi."
Short but sweet! Worth a watch for sure.
3.5Oct. 10th -34. "Re-cut" - "Following the discovery of the murder of two twin girls in their family's barn, a former reality TV-star is dispatched by a TV-news station to uncover the mystery behind their gruesome deaths."
Another hand-held camera "reality" feel type movie. It has it's moments but it is very predictable and there are times of boredom as well as too much shaky cam.
2.535. "Red Mist (aka Freakdog)" - "A young doctor in a US hospital administers a powerful and untested cocktail of drugs to a coma victim. But instead of curing him, it triggers a powerful "out-of-body" experience and enables the patient - a depraved and dangerous loner - to inhabit other people's bodies and, through them, take revenge on the bullying medical students who were accidentally responsible for his condition."
Not bad but very predictable, some blood and gore, nice looking lead actress (Arielle Kebbel
- Ranked #48 in Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2009 list.). While better than the director's previous movie "Shrooms"
it's only worth a rent at best. My suggestion... let a friend rent it and watch it at their place.
2.536. "No Man's Land: Rise of the Reeker" - "A sheriff and his son chase casino robbers, only to find the all of them are being chased by something else."
More of a remake of the original movie "Reeker"
than the sequel it's suppose to be. Nice twist at the end but if you've seen the original you'll know what the twist is. If you have not seen the original then you may find this more entertaining.
2.75Oct. 11th -37. "The Children"
- "A relaxing Christmas vacation turns into a terrifying fight for survival as the children begin to turn on their parents."
If you have a problem with children being harmed, maimed or murdered then stay away from this one. A little slow to get going but once it does it's not bad.
- "A man and a woman awaken to find themselves captured in a cellar. As their kidnapper drives them psychologically mad, the truth about their horrific abduction is revealed."
Ok but nothing to write home about - worth a rent.
- "A young woman develops a taste for human blood after undergoing experimental plastic surgery, and her victims turn into rabid, blood-thirsty zombies who proceed to infect others, which turns into a city-wide epidemic."
Early Cronenberg (his second feature film), if you haven't seen this you should... and let's not forget it stars Marilyn Chambers
3Oct. 12th -40. "Red White & Blue"
- "Film follows the cool, emotionless Erica, who dives into bed with any man she meets. When she is offered a job in a DIY store in Austin, she discovers the kindness of strangers, but also the gruesome shadowy side of it."
This is one that falls into the category of horror that's more 'real world horror' than horror involving ghosts or demons, etc. This is a hard movie to watch and is not for everyone. As one poster on IMDB states "Red White & Blue" is "a horror tour-de-force, delightfully gritty & realistic"
and I would agree. You may be turned off by the beginning of the film but just hang in there, you will be rewarded with a pretty brutal and grim viewing experience that will stay with you after the movie is over. The events in this film could happen in real life, for me that is what makes it a real life 'horror story'.
441. "Little Deaths"
- "Composed of three disturbingly sensual and terrifying short narratives, unified by the twin themes of sex and death."
Sex, violence, blood and gore!
2.75Oct. 13th -42. "I Can See You"
- "Three young ad-men enter the woods for a photo shoot, but a girlfriend's mysterious disappearance sparks a harrowing descent into unreality."
This one has a 100% Critics rating (from 5 reviewers) at Rotten Tomatoes and an audience rating of 37% (from 282 reviewers). I would have to agree with the audience ratings, I completely hated this movie. By far the worst movie I've seen in quite some time.
minus 1Oct 14th -43. "Pet Sematary II"
- "The "sematary" is up to its old zombie-raising tricks again. This time, the protagonists are Jeff Matthews, whose mother died in a Hollywood stage accident, and Drew Gilbert, a boy coping with an abusive stepfather."
Not a very good sequel.
- "Carrie White is a shy young girl who doesn't make friends easily. After her class mates taunt her about her horrified reaction to her totally unexpected first period one of them takes pity on her and gets Tommy Ross, her boyfriend and class hunk to invite Carrie to the senior prom."
Great 70's horror, one of my favorite Stephen King flies.
4Oct. 15th -45. "Pet Sematary"
- "The Creeds have just moved to a new house in the countryside. Their house is perfect, except for two things: the semi-trailers that roar past on the narrow road, and the mysterious cemetary in the woods behind the house."
Oh so much better than PS2! "Pet Sematary" has it's creepy and spooky moments and should keep you entertained throughout.
346. "The Orphan Killer"
- "The Orphan Killer is a tour de force murder flick that defies classification. It goes far beyond current trends in gore and breaks open a new suffering genre of horror. Marcus Miller is a serial murderer hellbent on teaching his estranged sister Audrey what it means to have family loyalty."
Absolutely horrible, bad acting, no plot but lots of blood, guts and gore. LOTS of gore!!
1.547. "The Rite"
- "An American seminary student travels to Italy to take an exorcism course."
Inspired by true events story this is a pretty good exorcism film. Anthony Hopkins' performance is excellent, worth the price of admission alone.
- "Three hooded Eastern-European criminals burst into a home in a Madrid gated community, holding the family hostage in its own home, and forcing the father to empty his credit cards."
Classified as a 'Horror/Thriller" this is one of those movies that depicts real life horror, no ghost or monsters other than of the human kind. Very intense, one of the better movies I've watched this October. The ending is not your typical "Hollywood" ending!
4Oct. 16th -49. "The Cave"
= "Bloodthirsty creatures await a pack of divers who become trapped in an underwater cave network."
Not fun, not scary, don't waste your time.
150. "The Skeptic"
- "After the mysterious death of his Aunt, a confirmed skeptic lawyer, Bryan Becket, dismisses reports that his Aunt's house is haunted and moves in. Immediately occurrences begin he cannot explain."
Chills without gore, nice little haunted house story too bad the ending sucks.
- "A nerdish boy buys a strange car with an evil mind of its own and his nature starts to change to reflect it."
It's a shame there aren't more movies made like this now a days. Great story, great movie!
452. "The Walking Dead" Season 2, Episode 1: What Lies Ahead
- "Police officer Rick Grimes leads a group of survivors in a world overrun by zombies."
Yeah, I'm counting this as a horror movie. It's pretty sad when a 'made for TV' movie is better than 90% of the movies I've watched so far. Excellent episode! Can't wait for the next installment. If you haven't been watching "The Walking Dead" it's time to catch up on last season and tune in to what appears to be an excellent season.
4Oct. 17th -53. "Poltergeist"
- "A young family are visited by ghosts/poltergeists in their home. At first the ghosts/poltergeists appear friendly, moving objects around the house to the amusement of everyone, then they turn nasty and start to terrorise the family before they "kidnap" the youngest daughter."
What can I say... a return to the 80's and some good scary fun!!!
454. "The FunHouse"
- "Two young couples on a double date go to a mysterious carnival. As a prank they decide to spend the night in the funhouse. When they witness a brutal murder, they suddenly find themselves in horrific danger."
Low budget 80's slasher film directed by Tobe Hooper
. Not bad as long as you don't dwell on the large plot holes.
3Oct. 18th -55. "The Stand"
- "When a government-run lab accidentally lets loose a deadly virus, most of the population of the world is wiped-out. Survivors begin having dreams about two figures: a mystical old woman, or a foreboding, scary man. As the story tracks various people, we begin to realize that the two figures exemplify basic forces of good and evil, and the stage is set for a final confrontation between the representatives of each."
What can I say, I like Stephen King, watched all 6 hours in one sitting. A very good tale of good vs evil!
3.7556. "S&Man" (Sandman)
- "S&MAN begins with footage from Michael Powell's exploration of voyeurism, "Peeping Tom." Director JT Petty uses this footage as a starting point to examine the classic comparison between filmmaking and voyeurism, particularly within the horror genre. He goes on to investigate this connection further, but rather than looking to classic horror films, Petty explores the seedy underground genre of fetish films. These movies are basically simulated snuff films where victims are raped and murdered in a variety of fantasy scenarios. The most notorious of these is a series called "S&Man," where voyeurism takes center stage as people are unknowingly followed with a camera. Petty plunges headfirst into this world of bizarre fetish films, and comes up with mesmerizing interviews with the producers and actors of these movies. Much of the footage from these videos will shock and disturb even the most seasoned horror veteran..."
Docu-horror film examining the sleazy underground horror film scene. Very interesting "documentary" on underground horror such as "August Underground", "Peeping Tom", and "Jesus Christ: Serial Rapist" to name a few. There are many disturbing scenes but one of the most disturbing was a scene from "Electrocuting an Elephant". Not recommend for anyone with a weak stomach.
3.5Oct. 19th -57. "The Dead"
- "When the last evacuation flight out of war-torn Africa crashes off the coast, American Air Force Engineer Lieutenant Brian Murphy (ROB FREEMAN) emerges as the sole survivor in a land where the dead are returning to life and attacking the living."
If you like Zombies you'll love "The Dead". For me though it was only Ok (I"m not a Zombie freak though).
- "A space shuttle mission investigating Halley's Comet brings back a malevolent race of space vampires who transform most of London's population into zombies."
Great concept but as Altira stated "The sum of it all is jaw-droppingly so-bad-it's-good."
And less not forget Matilda May
3.559. "Checkpoint" (aka Territories)
- "Five friends returning from a marriage in Canada return home to the United States. Not far from the border, two customs officers stop them to check their identity. Suspicious, they take their time especially with Jalil, a man of Arab origin. The situation worsens when a customs officer finds a small bag of marijuana in the luggage. Then things degenerate rapidly: a customs officer grabs the little dog that's part of the group and slits open its belly to be sure it's not a mule. When Gab makes a move, he's shot. The customs officer orders the surviving friends to undress and put on orange coveralls. Gradually, it dawns on the four tourists that they are in the hands of former torturers from Guantanamo."
Starts out great but slowly loses it's momentum. Worth a rent for sure.
2.75Oct. 20th -60. "Sleepaway Camp"
- "Slightly disturbed and painfully shy Angela Baker is sent away to summer camp with her cousin. Not long after Angela's arrival, things start to go horribly wrong for anyone with sinister or less than honorable intentions."
This is so bad it's good! There is so much wrong in this movie that I wouldn't know where to start. Great fun though, I'd like to meet the head of wardrobe and ask them "What were you thinking?"
3.5 for being so bad but yet so good.61. "Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers"
- "Angela Baker has undergone years of therapy, electro-shock and sexual reassignment surgeries, and finally landed herself a job in the last place she should be working - camp rolling hills. She has an old fashioned approach as to how camp should be, and an old familiar deadly way of making sure that those who don't follow her rules don't get to come back next summer."
This is really bad and not in a good way. Doesn't have the campiness of "Sleepaway Camp" but it does have a lot more T&A!!!
2Oct. 21st -62. "Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland"
- "Angela is back, in the form of an angry inner-city camper on the hunt for blood. Camp New Horizons, on the recycled grounds of the former murders, intends to pair high class teens with underclass counterparts. Angela, however, has a different plan."
More of the same as in "Sleepaway Camp II", not nearly as good (or should I say as bad) as "Sleepaway Camp".
263. "Family Plot"
- Not sure if this is the correct name but it's the name AMC had listed as the movie that was playing. The only thing I can find on IMDB is the Hitchcock movie Family Plot and this is not that movie. This movie is about a family (mother, father and son) that inheritance a funeral home/crematory but they must live in it and keep the business open for six years before they can sell it. The father is a writer and talks the wife into agreeing to live in and run the business for the required six years. Of course not long after moving in strange things start to happen. A lot that happens is very similar to the "The Shining" (too bad the movie is nowhere near as good). The father sits in the basement insistantly typing away on his 'novel' while ghosts speak to him. The son is visited by ghosts and a red ball which rolls down the stairs or across the room, etc, etc.
Don't waste your time, very boring and not scary at all.
1.5Oct. 22nd -64. "Stranded" (Djinns)
- "A platoon of French soldiers on a rescue mission in North Africa confront invisible evil creatures."
Extremely boring, not scary and should not be labeled a 'horror' movie... what a waste of my time.
165. "Zombie Anonymous" aka "Last Rites of the Dead" aka "Z.A. Zombies Anonymous"
- "After being killed by her boyfriend, Angela, (Gina Ramsden) finds that she has been turned into a zombie. As the rest of the world is being confronted by the realization that zombies have become a part of life, Malcolm, (Constantine Taylor) and Ritchie, (J. Scott Green) are anxious to join The Gooch, (Gaetano Iacono) in an anti-zombie movement headed by The Commandant, (Christa McNamee) and after a meeting, are inducted into the movement. With the rest of the world starting to turn on the creatures for their condition, her friends in a zombie-support group grow increasingly restless with the hatred towards them, which is starting to affect their personal and professional lives. After being captured and sentenced to judgement by the anti-zombie movement, she is able to realize that there's nothing she can do to prevent others from accepting her position and eventually joins in on the zombie's freedom group to keep her rights together that she's earned."
New take on an old theme, Romero fan-boys may not like this take but I thought it was fresh and interesting. The zombies in "Zombie Anonymous" walk, talk, hold down jobs, etc. just like the living... only they are dead (and rotting). There are various groups with their own agenda; humans who hate zombies, zombies who just want to "live" and be left alone and zombies who discover that eating human flesh makes them feel better. Runs a little long but for a low budget 'B' flix it's actually done pretty well.
PooperScooper if you haven't seen this one you should check it out.
466. "The Reflection Skin"
- "A young boy tries to cope with rural life circa 1950s and his fantasies become a way to interpret events. After his father tells him stories of vampires, he becomes convinced that the widow up the road is a vampire, and tries to find ways of discouraging his brother from seeing her. He must deal with an abusive mother, a father with a charge of molestation, a band of youths creating havoc, and an unforgiving environment in general."
This one is classified as a 'Drama/Horror/Thriller'... as a 'Drama/Thriller" it is a very good and interesting movie... as a 'Horror' movie it sucks.
2 as a horror movie but as a Drama/Thriller I'd give it a 3.75Oct. 23rd -67. "Jeepers Creepers II"
- "Set a few days after the original, a championship basketball team's bus is attacked by The Creeper, the winged, flesh-eating terror, on the last day of his 23-day feeding frenzy."
Ok, I guess some may find this an interesting movie but for me.... it sucked!
1.75Oct 24th -
NoneOct 25th -68. "Attack the Block"
- "A teen gang in South London defend their block from an alien invasion."
Not bad, but I had one major problem with this movie... I had no sympathy for the 'gang members' and was rooting for the 'aliens' to rip their heads off. Too many punks in gangs running around in real life making life miserable for others.. rip all their heads off!
Ok, got lazy here and just tuned into AMC FearFeast for the next three movies...69. "Cujo"
- "A friendly St. Bernard named "Cujo" contracts rabies and conducts a reign of terror on a small American town."
Haven't seen this in years, still just Ok, not great but watchable.
2.7570. "Graveyard Shift"
- "About a Maine textile mill, where its workers come into contact with something far more gruesome than anyone might expect."
It's been awhile since I've seen this one also, still as stupid as it was the first time I saw it.
271. "Halloween III: Season of the Witch"
- "A large Halloween mask-making company has plans to kill millions of American children with something sinister hidden in Halloween masks."
I had to force myself to sit through this whole movie.... I forgot how much I hated this movie.... complete waste of time!!!!
1Oct. 26th -72. "Halloween"
- "A psychotic murderer institutionalized since childhood escapes and stalks a high school girl and her friends while his doctor chases him through the streets."
Classic!! Over thirty years old and still as good or better than most of the movies I've watched this Oct.
4Oct. 27th -73. "Paranormal Activity 3"
- "In 1988, young sisters Katie and Kristi befriend an invisible entity who resides in their home."
At only 85 minutes runtime "Paranormal Activity 3" sure takes it time getting started and then BAM it's over. One of the most boring movies I've ever seen. I guess I just don't get it; there were a couple of good moments but not enough to make this movie worthwhile.
- "Two high school boys discover an imprisoned woman in an abandoned mental asylum who cannot die."
After the disappointing trip to the theater I decided to watch something good once I returned home.... "Deadgirl", if you haven't seen it you really should. Great concept!
4.5Oct. 28th -75. "The Descent"
- "A caving expedition goes horribly wrong, as the explorers become trapped and ultimately pursued by a strange breed of predators."
What can I say? One of the best horror movies in the past 10 years!!
576. "Survival of the Dead"
- "On an island off the coast of North America, local residents simultaneously fight a zombie epidemic while hoping for a cure to return their un-dead relatives back to their human state."
A BIG disappointment from George Romero!
2.577. "Drag Me to Hell"
- "A loan officer who evicts an old woman from her home finds herself the recipient of a supernatural curse. Desperate, she turns to a seer to try and save her soul, while evil forces work to push her to a breaking point."
Very entertaining popcorn horror flix. Excellent example of how to make a PG-13 rated horror movie.
3.5Oct. 29th -78. "Resident Evil: Apocalypse"
- "Alice awakes in Raccoon City, only to find it has become infested with zombies and monsters. With the help of Jill Valentine and Carlos Olivera, Alice must find a way out of the city before it is destroyed by a nuclear missile."
Two hot chicks with big guns killing Zombies.... what more could you ask for?
379. "Zombie Apocalypse"
- "Months after a zombie plague has wiped out 90 percent of the American population, a small group of survivors fight their way cross-country to a rumored refuge on the island of Catalina."
A "Walking Dead" wanna be this "SyFy Channel Original Movie" fails miserable. Poor CG, bad acting, lossy makeup and bad SFX. One example of the poor SFX... the empty rounds exiting the machine gun were animated but not the rounds going into the gun... they just sat there like a brick. Don't waste your time.
1.75Oct 30 -
[b]80. "The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence)"
- "Inspired by the fictional Dr. Heiter, disturbed loner Martin dreams of creating a 12-person centipede and sets out to realize his sick fantasy."
Well... you'll either love it or hate it but there's not doubt that it's gritty, dirty and unnerving... It's like looking at a serious accident.. you can't look away. The use of black and white adds an edge to the grittiness of the film and the disgustingly gory details it presents to us. Laurence R. Harvey
as "Martin" was the perfect choice, his bulging eyes and hugh gut just add to the seediness of the film. DVD/Blu Ray date for the UK is 21 Nov. 2011 (probably the cut version). Hopefully the uncut version will be available soon.
BTW.... "As of August 2011, Six was already working on a sequel, to be titled The Human Centipede III (Final Sequence). Six has revealed that the film will again be very different from the previous part but will also start with its ending, so in the end the parts of the trilogy would form one continuous film about four and a half hours long, making it similar to a centipede. He also stated that the third film will answer some "lasting questions," will have a strange happy ending, and will be the last of the series as he doesn't want to do any more Centipede films. In an interview with DreadCentral.com, Six said the third film will "make the last one look like a Disney film. We're going to shoot the third film entirely in America, and it's going to be my favourite... It's going to upset a lot of people."