October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 598 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6606Likes

Old 01-17-2016, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1388 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
I gotta stop dropping a hundred bucks a week on vinyl.

Vinyl crack is hard to stop!
I have to come up with a plan every time I visit my buddies record store!
My newest soundtrack on vinyl is Terminator 2 and man what a great score!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2016, 06:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1893 Post(s)
Liked: 2160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Vinyl crack is hard to stop!
I have to come up with a plan every time I visit my buddies record store!
My newest soundtrack on vinyl is Terminator 2 and man what a great score!
I picked up the 80's soundtrack to Vision Quest and skipped Peggy Sue Got Married.

BornSlippyZ likes this.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Those 80s ones are best!
darthrsg and stevew24963 like this.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1162 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Quote:
I watched the new Paranormal and it was decent! The sound in the movie is pretty good! More bass in this installment than all the movies combined! DTSHD soundtrack in the rental version too! I think I might buy this in the bargain bin that is if the 3D one is cheap!
I would like to see the version considered "too Intense for theaters". This was just rental version which Paramount at least has the decency to take you to the menu immediately rather than putting you through a bunch of trailers difficult to skip. Yes, the sound design was great! But funny thing that they not only found a camera from the late 1980s that could record paranormal phenomena but also in 16:9 and even found VHS tapes that were that aspect ratio too.

BTW, that's not a spoiler because it's in the trailer. Good for a laugh though.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Also, where the heck is @IntelliVolume ?

I'm right here...were you looking for me?
Old 01-17-2016, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

I, too, rented the last Paranormal Activity, The Ghost Dimension, last Tuesday, fellas; I concur -- it was far better than any of the other sequels (though it can't touch the first, which I still think was terrifying and which I own on DVD). Couple that with the piece-of-ass wife in the film (and that wickedly hot young blonde nanny that was in the house) and the flick was pure eye candy, to boot.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked: 496
Quote:
Since this 2016 timeline is off to a rough start maybe when it looks up we can get a Home Alone vs Predator movie.
Oh why stop there. Home Alone vs. Phantasm: The Tall Man lives. The kid's expression from Home Alone fits perfectly.

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
Old 01-18-2016, 04:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Oh why stop there. Home Alone vs. Phantasm: The Tall Man lives. The kid's expression from Home Alone fits perfectly.

I saw a fake poster that had Riggs and Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon with the Predator behind them.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Caught Sinister 2 last night. It's pointed in a different direction than the first but still had that creepy audio. Turn out the lights and crank it.

Spoiler!

Forgot to mention The Last Witch Hunter. It was not what I expected at all, visually gorgeous with strong Highlander vibes and I thought the story was pretty cool.
stevew24963 and BornSlippyZ like this.

Last edited by darthrsg; 01-18-2016 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1867 Post(s)
Liked: 1972
I sat down to watch The Visit last night. 10 minutes in the recliner I was done. I'll give it a run this afternoon.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Old 01-18-2016, 06:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
I sat down to watch The Visit last night. 10 minutes in the recliner I was done. I'll give it a run this afternoon.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Hope you enjoy it. I loved it.
stevew24963 likes this.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3031
Quote:

Forgot to mention The Last Witch Hunter. It was not what I expected at all, visually gorgeous with strong Highlander vibes and I thought the story was pretty cool.
Putting in my queue now...
Old 01-18-2016, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Dear Abby:

Last week, I finished setting up my girlfriend's 5:1 surround. Measured the speaker placement, went under the house to run the speaker wire, and made sure everything looked clean. She pops in "Dracula: Untold" and...all I get are the front two speakers. WTF? She's looking at me like , "You're Mr. Audio/Video? What's going on here?" So after a half hour of checking all the leads and going through the set-up in my head, I download the receiver manual and I download the blu-ray manual. I pour through everything and cannot figure out what I missed. So I come over yesterday and there she is with her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend (who for the record I don't think is the right match for her) and they're watching Dracula and all the speakers are working. I'm somewhat surprised so I asked, "How did you get them working?" That's when the boyfriend said, "I pushed the BD/DVD button." In my hurry, I forgot to do that and thought I had. So here's my question. Do I bury his body in the flower bed or out in the desert where only the coyotes will find him?

Signed,

Electronically Embarrassed

"I am NOT suffering from insanity... I happen to be enjoying myself!"

Old 01-18-2016, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked: 659
LOL, excellent!
Old 01-18-2016, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981 View Post
Dear Abby:

Last week, I finished setting up my girlfriend's 5:1 surround. Measured the speaker placement, went under the house to run the speaker wire, and made sure everything looked clean. She pops in "Dracula: Untold" and...all I get are the front two speakers. WTF? She's looking at me like , "You're Mr. Audio/Video? What's going on here?" So after a half hour of checking all the leads and going through the set-up in my head, I download the receiver manual and I download the blu-ray manual. I pour through everything and cannot figure out what I missed. So I come over yesterday and there she is with her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend (who for the record I don't think is the right match for her) and they're watching Dracula and all the speakers are working. I'm somewhat surprised so I asked, "How did you get them working?" That's when the boyfriend said, "I pushed the BD/DVD button." In my hurry, I forgot to do that and thought I had. So here's my question. Do I bury his body in the flower bed or out in the desert where only the coyotes will find him?

Signed,

Electronically Embarrassed

Fwiw, I had the same issue last night. I was trying to connect my PS3 using the component hook up and I was scratching my head on wtf was going on. My wife said to just order the movie vod (Sicario) and stop messing with the blu Ray. Today I woke up and tried to fix it and still no avail. So basically my plasma in my room is so old it won't accept hdmi (via dvi adapter) or component connection from the PS3. So I guess I will be looking at some new set soon for my room.

Last night I also watched Willow Creek and it was an ok effort. The two protagonists were jerks and I didn't mind the Bigfoots getting them. This was a late view and that part where they ate that Bigfoot cheese burger looked damn good last night.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Do I bury his body in the flower bed or out in the desert where only the coyotes will find him?

Yes. Both locations.

On a slightly similar note, we had a lifelong friend and her 9 year old son over yesterday for a belated Christmas visit. The topics of talk ranged from Star Wars to videogames with the boy, which I am an expert in. At any rate he said he had never seen the other movies but was very enthusiastic about Force Awakens. I turned on the despecialized version of A New Hope and we started watching it.

I eventually left to go hang with the adults and as the movie finished they were heading out. A few hours passed and the wife is complaining about the sound echoing while she's watching Grey's Anatomy. I investigate and yes it's echoing. All inputs, all sources, everything. WTF?!

Reseating cables, diving into the AVR menus, reboots, all multiple times and still echoes. I told the wife the AVR has died and started routing things through the TV until we choose a new one.

Kid had turned up the TV speakers.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

"Kid had turned up the TV speakers."

This is why the children who came to visit my daughter when she was younger were forced to wear oven mitts duct taped to their arms. Wasn't a problem.
stevew24963 likes this.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
"Kid had turned up the TV speakers."

This is why the children who came to visit my daughter when she was younger were forced to wear oven mitts duct taped to their arms. Wasn't a problem.
The bad part is he had to really go looking to even get that remote which is mostly useless because we use a Harmony which was over his head. No telling what else is adjusted that I'll find later. Same kid on a previous visit entered the password on my wife's phone too many times incorrectly and locked her out.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The bad part is he had to really go looking to even get that remote which is mostly useless because we use a Harmony which was over his head. No telling what else is adjusted that I'll find later. Same kid on a previous visit entered the password on my wife's phone too many times incorrectly and locked her out.
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

My daughter did the same thing to my laptop last year. Don't know what she did and either did the computer repair shop but it cost over $100 to wipe clean and re-install. The silver lining is, when it's your kid, you can look them square in the eye before discipline and say, "I'm not afraid to go back to prison."
stevew24963 likes this.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1162 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Started watching "Z Nation" season 2 on Netflix last night. It's off to a good start with some good dark humor.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3031
Quote:
So I guess I will be looking at some new set soon for my room.
Hey, that's a great excuse...ah, reason for a new display!

Quote:
Dear Abby:

Your AVS Power Installer license has been revoked.

Quote:

Kid had turned up the TV speakers.
Yours too...along with your AVS Too Trusting Of A Kid badge.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Darth:

YOU ASKED WHERE I WAS!?! Did you not?

I had said in a previous post...

I'M RIGHT HERE!

Why the silent treatment now?
Old 01-18-2016, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Caught Sinister 2 last night. It's pointed in a different direction than the first but still had that creepy audio. Turn out the lights and crank it.

Spoiler!

I have Sinister 2, The Visit, The Last Witch Hunter and Green Inferno all on my "to rent" list...

Though, I gotta say, Last Witch Hunter looks more like Dominic Toretto: The Last Witch Hunter...
Old 01-18-2016, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I am hoping to fit in Sinister2 this week and maybe the Visit for the weekend.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

This is why I'm somewhat hesitant to mention my shortcomings here. Oink always shows up and start taking away everyone's hard-earned privileges.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Darth...

Are you there?
Old 01-18-2016, 05:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliVolume View Post
Darth:

YOU ASKED WHERE I WAS!?! Did you not?

I had said in a previous post...

I'M RIGHT HERE!

Why the silent treatment now?
Sup.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
This is why I'm somewhat hesitant to mention my shortcomings here. Oink always shows up and start taking away everyone's hard-earned privileges.
Nevermind the cage crazy livestock.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sup.

LOL...

There he is...

What's up, kid?
Old 01-18-2016, 05:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliVolume View Post
I have Sinister 2, The Visit, The Last Witch Hunter and Green Inferno all on my "to rent" list...

Though, I gotta say, Last Witch Hunter looks more like Dominic Toretto: The Last Witch Hunter...
He actually plays that down a bit, the movie, far from perfect, was still a solid action movie with some cool ideas. I'd like to see more but the money it made says otherwise. Vin has a knack for the fantasy sci fi stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement