October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 621 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4796Likes

post #18601 of 18604 Old Today, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Those SRT Cherokee are no joke, I think I heard rumors of the hellcat engine going in it! Honestly though they need to put better tires on that Hellcat like Toyo R888 would hold the power better than the stock tires.

I wouldn't think the military would do that under normal conditions but I did once take an oath to defend against all enemies foreign and domestic, so it is probable. I would see a scenario like a revolution or some sort of Martial law push back from civilians.

This reminds me of some of those fema camps and rail cars for people containment I saw on Google. I dunno what the main purpose it is for on US soil but it is scary and gets your wheels turning.
It's always fun for me to see the military used in horror movies over the years. Usually, as a tool to handle a plague scare or cover up Alien contact, or experiment gone bad.

But most horror today is done cheap on a more one on one level. Like It Follows or a ghost/possession story.
BornSlippyZ and Ken.F like this.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18602 of 18604 Old Today, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 951 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
It's always fun for me to see the military used in horror movies over the years. Usually, as a tool to handle a plague scare or cover up Alien contact, or experiment gone bad.

But most horror today is done cheap on a more one on one level. Like It Follows or a ghost/possession story.

And in a lot of ways, movies do have a good understanding of compartmentalization of the military. One good example is (I know not horror)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind when they 'scare' folks to leaving a huge area so they can make contact with ET. Area 51 was poor example of how a presumed lack of security at A51 can be breached. But in a way it was kinda tense on how the last half of the movie played out with how deep the base goes.

I like horror movies that have the military because it adds another layer of terror in a horror movie.
GoCaboNow likes this.
post #18603 of 18604 Old Today, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1004 Post(s)
Liked: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
"The Crazies" comes to mind.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #18604 of 18604 Old Today, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 951 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
"The Crazies" comes to mind.

Yeah that is a good one! The remake and OG one are good! Extraterrestrial is a low budget Alien horror movie that uses the US military as a nefarious group too. And it is rather good imo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page