October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 621 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4815Likes
post #18601 of 18629 Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Liked: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Those SRT Cherokee are no joke, I think I heard rumors of the hellcat engine going in it! Honestly though they need to put better tires on that Hellcat like Toyo R888 would hold the power better than the stock tires.

I wouldn't think the military would do that under normal conditions but I did once take an oath to defend against all enemies foreign and domestic, so it is probable. I would see a scenario like a revolution or some sort of Martial law push back from civilians.

This reminds me of some of those fema camps and rail cars for people containment I saw on Google. I dunno what the main purpose it is for on US soil but it is scary and gets your wheels turning.
It's always fun for me to see the military used in horror movies over the years. Usually, as a tool to handle a plague scare or cover up Alien contact, or experiment gone bad.

But most horror today is done cheap on a more one on one level. Like It Follows or a ghost/possession story.
ApolloCreed, BornSlippyZ and Ken.F like this.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18602 of 18629 Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 961 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
It's always fun for me to see the military used in horror movies over the years. Usually, as a tool to handle a plague scare or cover up Alien contact, or experiment gone bad.

But most horror today is done cheap on a more one on one level. Like It Follows or a ghost/possession story.

And in a lot of ways, movies do have a good understanding of compartmentalization of the military. One good example is (I know not horror)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind when they 'scare' folks to leaving a huge area so they can make contact with ET. Area 51 was poor example of how a presumed lack of security at A51 can be breached. But in a way it was kinda tense on how the last half of the movie played out with how deep the base goes.

I like horror movies that have the military because it adds another layer of terror in a horror movie.
GoCaboNow likes this.
post #18603 of 18629 Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1007 Post(s)
Liked: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
"The Crazies" comes to mind.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #18604 of 18629 Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post

Yeah that is a good one! The remake and OG one are good! Extraterrestrial is a low budget Alien horror movie that uses the US military as a nefarious group too. And it is rather good imo!
post #18605 of 18629 Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah that is a good one! The remake and OG one are good! Extraterrestrial is a low budget Alien horror movie that uses the US military as a nefarious group too. And it is rather good imo!
Lol - I was thinking of those two as well along with Alien Vs Predator and one of the ROTLD movies. Stand out as fun use of the military in this conspiracy/cover-up way.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #18606 of 18629 Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

ROTLD had the atomic cannon right?! I love all of the Cold War era movies because everyone thought nuclear war was coming soon!
post #18607 of 18629 Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1591 Post(s)
Liked: 1817
Now for the "science" post of the day on AVS.

A Dyson vacuum will vacuum regurgitated spaghetti. It would appear our arcane philanderings with the Dark Lawds in the Real Estate Dimension have seen fit to curse the house with some viral agent.
post #18608 of 18629 Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Now for the "science" post of the day on AVS.

A Dyson vacuum will vacuum regurgitated spaghetti. It would appear our arcane philanderings with the Dark Lawds in the Real Estate Dimension have seen fit to curse the house with some viral agent.

Oh sh!t balls I hope your kid doesn't have the Norovirus! The throw up and running to the toilet last about 24-48hrs but that bug sucks!
post #18609 of 18629 Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 4931 Post(s)
Liked: 2740
Quote:
Those SRT Cherokee are no joke.
No, they're not.

I had one of these for about 5 years.
Spoiler!

The thing was an absolute blast to drive in every way.

If you can pick up a used one at a good price...

Quote:
I think I heard rumors of the hellcat engine going in it!
Me too.
Right now, Chrysler can't keep up with demand for the Charger and Challenger Hellcats.
They simply can't make the engines fast enough.
Because of that, I'm thinking a Jeep Hellcat will hit the road in 2017.
I know a member here who said he would probably buy one.

Quote:
Honestly though they need to put better tires on that Hellcat.
The Michelins on my SRT8 were excellent, but they only had to handle 420 hp/lbs.

Quote:
WHAAAA????
ApolloCreed likes this.

RIP --- The National Geographic Society (Jan. 1888 - Sept. 2015)
post #18610 of 18629 Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Center exhaust ftw! That was nice Oink and you had some nice cars!

Those Michelins are good for that SRT jeep but damn a 700hp car needs at minimum the Pirelli trefeo or something like it. I wonder how many hellcats smacked a wall so far because of cold tires and inexperience?! I would love to own a Hellcat just have that V8 burble. I would bag the suspension and put some wide CCW classic series wheels on them! Ah to dream but I can admire your guys cars!
post #18611 of 18629 Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Gotta put something horrific with all of this car talk! How about seeing the movie The Descent in an actual cave!!!! http://ihorror.com/the-descent-being...n-actual-cave/
post #18612 of 18629 Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Quote:
Those SRT Cherokee are no joke, I think I heard rumors of the hellcat engine going in it! Honestly though they need to put better tires on that Hellcat like Toyo R888 would hold the power better than the stock tires.
Sweet ride, however there's only room for one SUV at our house. We just bought this for my wife last summer and although its no SRT8, the twin-turbo ecoboost engine in this bad boy makes for one helluva fun ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1533.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	1245585   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1531.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	1245593  
GoCaboNow and BornSlippyZ like this.

Last edited by ApolloCreed; Yesterday at 10:11 PM.
post #18613 of 18629 Old Today, 12:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Center exhaust ftw!
My Darth has that too:
Spoiler!

Quote:
I wonder how many hellcats smacked a wall so far because of cold tires and inexperience?!
Probably more than one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
Sweet ride, however there's only room for one SUV at our house. We just bought this for my wife last summer and although its no SRT8, the twin-turbo ecoboost engine in this bad boy makes for one helluva fun ride.
FWIW, Ford will be putting a V6 3.5L twin-turbo "ecoboost" in the upcoming Ford GT.
It's an absolutely beautiful hunk of rolling sex.
http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2016-ford-gt/
ApolloCreed and BornSlippyZ like this.

post #18614 of 18629 Old Today, 12:24 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I just saw a twisted, wild and sick horror film by Eli Roth. It's called The Green Inferno.

I have not seen a movie like this in a very long time and I almost gouged my own eyes out after seeing it!!

A hidden gem for true horror fans that not only enjoy horror, but gore to go along w/ it!!

(copy paste from wikipedia),
The Green Inferno is a 2013 American splatter cannibal horror film directed by Eli Roth and co-written by Roth and Guillermo Amoedo.[3] Starring Lorenza Izzo, Ariel Levy, Daryl Sabara, Kirby Bliss Blanton, and Aaron Burns in the lead roles, the film was inspired by Italian cannibal films of the late 1970s and early '80s "cannibal boom," including Cannibal Holocaust (1980), which features a film-within-a-film titled The Green Inferno.
ApolloCreed likes this.
post #18615 of 18629 Old Today, 12:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
I like the newer Day the Earth Stood Still but Wills kid ruined it! Speaking of Will Smith, he didn't sign on ID Resurgence (even though everyone else did from the OG one) but he is going to do Badboys 3?! I like BadBoys but when the whole cast is doing ID and you're not? Wtf?
Some time ago, Roland Emmerich stated he would like to have Will back but they couldn't afford him.

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
post #18616 of 18629 Old Today, 01:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:

I wouldn't think the military would do that under normal conditions but I did once take an oath to defend against all enemies foreign and domestic, so it is probable. I would see a scenario like a revolution or some sort of Martial law push back from civilians.

This reminds me of some of those fema camps and rail cars for people containment I saw on Google. I dunno what the main purpose it is for on US soil but it is scary and gets your wheels turning.
Once you remove the concept of collateral damage and drop a nuke or or two (ala AVP:Requiem ) people will very much fall in line if they think they're toast...

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
post #18617 of 18629 Old Today, 01:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Once you remove the concept of collateral damage and drop a nuke or or two (ala AVP:Requiem ) people will very much fall in line if they think they're toast...
I have always thought everyone would run like hell in every direction...

post #18618 of 18629 Old Today, 04:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Oh sh!t balls I hope your kid doesn't have the Norovirus! The throw up and running to the toilet last about 24-48hrs but that bug sucks!

Four throw ups last night. No fever but that seals the week. Can't go back to school within 48 hours of that.
post #18619 of 18629 Old Today, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Four throw ups last night. No fever but that seals the week. Can't go back to school within 48 hours of that.

Dude that sucks! My family all had it weeks ago and I know what you guys are going through! Stock up on pedialite and Gatorade. Hope you or your wife don't catch that bug.
post #18620 of 18629 Old Today, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have a new found respect for Ford vehicles. We rented a brand new Ford Fusion Titanium when we went to CA and this car was loaded! But I liked the power and handling of that vehicle! I was shocked on how this FWD car really carved up the road! My wife has a company car, its a base model Malibu and the Fusion kicks it's ass. Granted the Malibu was probably $22K and Fusion is over $30K but man that Ford was awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
My Darth has that too:
Spoiler!

Probably more than one...

FWIW, Ford will be putting a V6 3.5L twin-turbo "ecoboost" in the upcoming Ford GT.
It's an absolutely beautiful hunk of rolling sex.
http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2016-ford-gt/
Nice Oink, I like the two door CTSV and you got my favorite color!
That Ford GT is just jaw dropping! And that motor has more than enough power to send that car to 200mph. If a V6TT is good enough for a GTR it is good enough for the Ford GT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR223 View Post
I just saw a twisted, wild and sick horror film by Eli Roth. It's called The Green Inferno.

I have not seen a movie like this in a very long time and I almost gouged my own eyes out after seeing it!!

A hidden gem for true horror fans that not only enjoy horror, but gore to go along w/ it!!

(copy paste from wikipedia),
The Green Inferno is a 2013 American splatter cannibal horror film directed by Eli Roth and co-written by Roth and Guillermo Amoedo.[3] Starring Lorenza Izzo, Ariel Levy, Daryl Sabara, Kirby Bliss Blanton, and Aaron Burns in the lead roles, the film was inspired by Italian cannibal films of the late 1970s and early '80s "cannibal boom," including Cannibal Holocaust (1980), which features a film-within-a-film titled The Green Inferno.
I am actually excited to watch green Inferno at my home and I am glad people are having fun with it!
Quote:
Some time ago, Roland Emmerich stated he would like to have Will back but they couldn't afford him.
I bet they couldn't afford his ego around the cast too! I mean Jeff Goldblum is a way better actor than Will and all of the OG cast is coming back but him. Oh well his loss I guess.
Quote:
Mutually Assured Destruction! That is one thing that I love about the Alien. Not as powerful as the Predator but they have numbers and they spread like a virus. A nuke is pretty much the only way to get rid of them!
GoCaboNow likes this.
post #18621 of 18629 Old Today, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yikes. My wife and I were having a discussion last night about Zika as we're heading to Puerto Rico in a couple weeks. Lots of confirmed cases there.

Quote:
I have a new found respect for Ford vehicles. We rented a brand new Ford Fusion Titanium when we went to CA and this car was loaded! But I liked the power and handling of that vehicle! I was shocked on how this FWD car really carved up the road! My wife has a company car, its a base model Malibu and the Fusion kicks it's ass. Granted the Malibu was probably $22K and Fusion is over $30K but man that Ford was awesome!

Nice Oink, I like the two door CTSV and you got my favorite color!
That Ford GT is just jaw dropping! And that motor has more than enough power to send that car to 200mph. If a V6TT is good enough for a GTR it is good enough for the Ford GT!

I am actually excited to watch green Inferno at my home and I am glad people are having fun with it!

Yep, I'm not a Ford guy but I'm also not really tied to any other specific make either. Saw a couple of the Explorer Sports driving around town and really liked the look (the 2015 look, not the 2016 which is a huge step back if you ask me). After one test drive though, it was a lock. This thing is loaded as well and for once, I'm perfectly fine allowing the wife to take the Charger so I can play around in it.

Love the CTSVs. Awesome car. Good work Oink!!

The Green Inferno is pretty hit and miss. YMMV, but we were really expecting more.
post #18622 of 18629 Old Today, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Oh, and not to completely turn this thread into a car forum....but I have a dilemma that I've been struggling with and it would be nice to get some other opinions. I'm been thinking about adding running boards or nerf bars to the Explorer. If you can picture what it would look like on our ride........what are your opinions on that idea??? Good or bad???
post #18623 of 18629 Old Today, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

I have running boards on my Sequoia and I like having a step for my kids/height challenged folks. Also I like having a step to knock off snow off of my feet. I say go for it!
post #18624 of 18629 Old Today, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yikes. My wife and I were having a discussion last night about Zika as we're heading to Puerto Rico in a couple weeks. Lots of confirmed cases there.

Yep, I'm not a Ford guy but I'm also not really tied to any other specific make either. Saw a couple of the Explorer Sports driving around town and really liked the look (the 2015 look, not the 2016 which is a huge step back if you ask me). After one test drive though, it was a lock. This thing is loaded as well and for once, I'm perfectly fine allowing the wife to take the Charger so I can play around in it.

Love the CTSVs. Awesome car. Good work Oink!!

The Green Inferno is pretty hit and miss. YMMV, but we were really expecting more.
Puerto Rico sound good right about now! I would just carry bug spray and make sure it is all over you! Man I miss going there and having some wet burritos in Fajardo!
post #18625 of 18629 Old Today, 08:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Dude that sucks! My family all had it weeks ago and I know what you guys are going through! Stock up on pedialite and Gatorade. Hope you or your wife don't catch that bug.

She had it last week. Kid last night, that means I'll be in the CDC ICU by Saturday. She gets a sniffle I get the hemorrhagic fever.
post #18626 of 18629 Old Today, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
She had it last week. Kid last night, that means I'll be in the CDC ICU by Saturday. She gets a sniffle I get the hemorrhagic fever.
Ah man! It is highly contagious and hopefully you get the lesser version and it only lasts a day. My kids caught it at school and they both blew chunks on the same day, within an hour at school lol! I dunno what is worse, being sick with it or caring for 3 people that are sick for a whole week!
post #18627 of 18629 Old Today, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have running boards on my Sequoia and I like having a step for my kids/height challenged folks. Also I like having a step to knock off snow off of my feet. I say go for it!

Yeah, we've had them on our last two SUVs but Ford doesn't offer them for this specific vehicle and I'm looking at aftermarket stuff. I've read in a lot of forums that they are not really that functional on this vehicle because of how low it sits and some folks think that it actually looks odd on it. We don't have kids, so that part is a non-issue....but I do like the thought of kicking off some snow and...most importantly....I've always just liked the look of them on SUVs.

Quote:
Puerto Rico sound good right about now! I would just carry bug spray and make sure it is all over you! Man I miss going there and having some wet burritos in Fajardo!
Yep, covering ourselves in DEET is definitely in the plans. We're staying just down the road from Fajardo in Luquillo. We were at -20 temps this morning, so the trip can't come soon enough.
post #18628 of 18629 Old Today, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1007 Post(s)
Liked: 844
Quote:
I've read in a lot of forums that they are not really that functional on this vehicle because of how low it sits and some folks think that it actually looks odd on it. We don't have kids, so that part is a non-issue....but I do like the thought of kicking off some snow and...most importantly....I've always just liked the look of them on SUVs.
IMHO if you need to add accessories in order for your family to safely and comfortably enter/exit the vehicle, you shouldn't have bought that vehicle to begin with. If you just like the way they look then go for it. I won't tell you what to like or not like, but to me buying a vehicle that needs running boards makes as much sense as buying a bed you need a ladder to get in and out of. Some people like that kind of thing. I just don't get it.
post #18629 of 18629 Unread Today, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I hope she feels better soon!
Quote:
IMHO if you need to add accessories in order for your family to safely and comfortably enter/exit the vehicle, you shouldn't have bought that vehicle to begin with. If you just like the way they look then go for it. I won't tell you what to like or not like, but to me buying a vehicle that needs running boards makes as much sense as buying a bed you need a ladder to get in and out of. Some people like that kind of thing. I just don't get it.
A little cranky today?

I like the folks that drive bigger vehicles but struggle to park or maneuver them properly.

Nothing says BAD A$$ like a stock Honda Pilot.

Deathgasm was a lot of fun. Speaking of Bada$$, reminded me a bit in tone of Knights of Bada$$dom. (already in the mail for Oink)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page