October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 622 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4824Likes

Old Today, 11:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4938 Post(s)
Liked: 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Nice Oink, I like the two door CTSV and you got my favorite color!
I have a professional, who I have bringing my vehicles to for 20 years, detail it a couple times a year.
When I get it back, the Black Raven (as Cadillac calls the color) really pops and just glistens like some kind of black mirror.

Quote:
That Ford GT is just jaw dropping! And that motor has more than enough power to send that car to 200mph. If a V6TT is good enough for a GTR it is good enough for the Ford GT!
The engine Ford is using comes directly from their Daytona Prototype race car.
Spoiler!

Quote:
Mutually Assured Destruction! That is one thing that I love about the Alien. Not as powerful as the Predator but they have numbers and they spread like a virus. A nuke is pretty much the only way to get rid of them!
Yup...vaporize the lot of 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
Yikes. My wife and I were having a discussion last night about Zika as we're heading to Puerto Rico in a couple weeks. Lots of confirmed cases there.
I hope she isn't pregnant!

Quote:
I'm perfectly fine allowing the wife to take the Charger so I can play around in it.
NOOOOOoooooo.........

Quote:
The Green Inferno is pretty hit and miss. YMMV, but we were really expecting more.
There has been a lot of difference of opinion on this one...not sure if I'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
Oh, and not to completely turn this thread into a car forum.
We do have a thread on AVS where we talk about street cars, race cars, all kinds of racing on 4 wheels, and everything in between (except NASCAR).
It's a very active thread and we have a lot of fun over there.

Here it is:
2016 F1 racing in HD

Quote:
but I have a dilemma that I've been struggling with and it would be nice to get some other opinions. I'm been thinking about adding running boards or nerf bars to the Explorer. If you can picture what it would look like on our ride........what are your opinions on that idea??? Good or bad???
They're helpful to the young and old in getting in or out (especially "in").
If you have a lot of them to haul around, then yeah, they're worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Nothing says BAD A$$ like a stock Honda Pilot.
Beaverton...it's killing you, man.

Quote:
Deathgasm was a lot of fun. Speaking of Bada$$, reminded me a bit in tone of Knights of Bada$$dom. (already in the mail for Oink)
Did you mail it yesterday?
My queue is saying it's arriving tomorrow.

RIP --- The National Geographic Society (Jan. 1888 - Sept. 2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 963 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
IMHO if you need to add accessories in order for your family to safely and comfortably enter/exit the vehicle, you shouldn't have bought that vehicle to begin with. If you just like the way they look then go for it. I won't tell you what to like or not like, but to me buying a vehicle that needs running boards makes as much sense as buying a bed you need a ladder to get in and out of. Some people like that kind of thing. I just don't get it.
You make a good point.
I know I am a little biased when it comes to aftermarket car parts but I do like when people make their vehicle their 'own' so to speak. I don't think this is a case of wow I bought a corvette but need space for 3 people now, kinda like the guy on the carmax commercial that brought home the yellow Corvette (grand sport or zr1) to an expectant wife. I just think Apollo likes the look of having a running board and there is probably a ton of options that can work for a lower profile SUV. Automotive manufacturers are geniuses at times when they build a car, but by time it gets to accounting a lot of things can be omitted to make the car more profitable. I have worked on cars for a while and I have seen some bonehead things on cars that can be circumvented by a smart aftermarket company. For instance, Weathertech that makes the floor liners should be standard (or optioned) in every car sold in a state with severe weather. It makes the interior last longer and stops corrosion from the inside. I think for simple product, it is genius! I have them in my Sequoia and it makes detailing the interior a snap! But I do concede that none of this stuff is a dire 'need', but I do think for a lot of folks, they add a little something neat to the car. My wife thinks I am nuts when I talk about buying a car and throwing another $25K into making it a beast (because OEM to me doesn't cut it, even on a Ferrari I can find things I would change) but that is just what I like to do. So in a sense I am economically challenged right now lol.
Ken.F likes this.
Old Today, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
A little cranky today?
Nope.

Running boards are awesome! All the cool kids have them.
oink, GoCaboNow and BornSlippyZ like this.
Old Today, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Nope.

Running boards are awesome! All the cool kids have them.
I would love to own a 'pimp' car! But my go to would be this...I am sure my neighbors would love me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sam.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1246313  
Old Today, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Yep, like Slippy said, this is not a functionality question. It is about making it my own and giving it a little character. As previously stated, we don't have kids and it's low profile enough for both of us to get in and out of with ease........ Somebody most definitely had their corn flakes shat on this morning.
Ken.F likes this.
Old Today, 11:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 4938 Post(s)
Liked: 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
My wife thinks I am nuts when I talk about buying a car and throwing another $25K into making it a beast.
Having done that, all I can say is remember you won't be able to get your $$$ back out of it when you sell.
It's just an expense, not an investment.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

RIP --- The National Geographic Society (Jan. 1888 - Sept. 2015)
Old Today, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Having done that, all I can say is remember you won't be able to get your $$$ back out of it when you sell.
It's just an expense, not an investment.
Yep, you either part it out or take a huge loss when you sell (if I get the toy I really want, I won't be selling for a looonnnnggg time, but who knows). I tell younger folks that mod their vehicles that and most try and sell it for more than market value. I then suggest they part it out on the forums and put the car back to stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement