October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 627 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4925Likes

post #18781 of 18788 Old Today, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1449 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
The wife and I bought the first 350Zs back in 2003 and it had small issues that Nissan eventually fixed. That is until it was T boned by a driver running a stop sign.
Man,that really sucks.I bought a 1981 Z-28 when I graduated high school,my first brand new car.Same thing,6months later some dolt in a pick up ran a stop sign. Insurance co. didn't total the car and paid to have it fixed.Man,that car was never the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18782 of 18788 Old Today, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1000 Post(s)
Liked: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Man,that really sucks.I bought a 1981 Z-28 when I graduated high school,my first brand new car.Same thing,6months later some dolt in a pick up ran a stop sign. Insurance co. didn't total the car and paid to have it fixed.Man,that car was never the same.

Even more sucks for you because they 'fixed' your car. I mean you can possible fix a car like that or 'salvage' title vehicle but that takes a lot of work. My car was 86d and all of the first responders told me that my car was clean and had tasteful mods. I love those Fbody cars and I had an military buddy that had that body style but he had an SS model (last year for that Fbody). I put a nitrous kit on it and that thing was fast!
post #18783 of 18788 Old Today, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1449 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Even more sucks for you because they 'fixed' your car. I mean you can possible fix a car like that or 'salvage' title vehicle but that takes a lot of work. My car was 86d and all of the first responders told me that my car was clean and had tasteful mods. I love those Fbody cars and I had an military buddy that had that body style but he had an SS model (last year for that Fbody). I put a nitrous kit on it and that thing was fast!
I loved that car,dark metallic blue, t-tops,and a rare 4 speed tranny.I held on for a few years then traded it in on an '84 Z-28,5spd.t-tops,5.0 High Output motor[Corvette exhaust manifold]and a POS rear end.The rear end had a nylon ring and pinion gear that would just break all the time.Never ending problems with it.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #18784 of 18788 Old Today, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
I loved that car,dark metallic blue, t-tops,and a rare 4 speed tranny.I held on for a few years then traded it in on an '84 Z-28,5spd.t-tops,5.0 High Output motor[Corvette exhaust manifold]and a POS rear end.The rear end had a nylon ring and pinion gear that would just break all the time.Never ending problems with it.
Nice!
Those things had power and fun to drive! Now days the kids are putting LSX Chevy engine in everything! I have to admit though that new Ford GT350 with that flat plane crank V8 is badass too!

I miss the days where I had two fun cars and a crotch rocket! One day I will get a toy and be able to wrench on it! All though probably not a motorcycle.
stevew24963 likes this.
post #18785 of 18788 Old Today, 06:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1624 Post(s)
Liked: 1844
Got the evening lined up. Vinyl and chill.
stevew24963 and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #18786 of 18788 Old Today, 06:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 4959 Post(s)
Liked: 2752
Quote:
I also wonder if streaming services can get to the standards of UHD
Yes, it has already happened (to a point).
Both Amazon and NF has 4K movies and series available for streaming...some are even encoded with HDR.
And they really do look awesome compared to 1080p.

This is the 1st weekend that guys have been able to watch the UHD disks in their new Samsung players.
The question you ask (I think) is which source will be the best for watching 4K?
In the threads I have been reading today, it appears everything is too chaotic right now to make a comparo (everyone is trying to figure out which is the best setup to use).
FWIW, my guess it will be the disks, just as it is when comparing BDs to 1080p streams.
Disks are not limited by bandwidth, network speed, etc.

Quote:
Atmos/DTSx.
AFAIK, lossless, of any type, is not available for streaming.

Quote:
will that spur the ISPs to finally upgrade the Internet structure nationwide so it can become viable for everyone?
We can hope.

Quote:
Oh I just read somewhere that NF moved all its data to Amazon. Kinda nuts but Bezos is making money on both fronts!http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/12/n...mazon-servers/
Hmmmm, that's interesting...

Quote:
I have to admit though that new Ford GT350 with that flat plane crank V8 is badass too!
Just so you know, we took a poll via PMs today and it was decided YOU would be the lucky member to buy one first and report back to us on its performance.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

RIP --- The National Geographic Society (Jan. 1888 - Sept. 2015)
post #18787 of 18788 Old Today, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Got the evening lined up. Vinyl and chill.
Nice vinyl scavenge! Urban Cowboy, I love that hot, rich brunette girl in that movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Yes, it has already happened (to a point).
Both Amazon and NF has 4K movies and series available for streaming...some are even encoded with HDR.
And they really do look awesome compared to 1080p.

This is the 1st weekend that guys have been able to watch the UHD disks in their new Samsung players.
The question you ask (I think) is which source will be the best for watching 4K?
In the threads I have been reading today, it appears everything is too chaotic right now to make a comparo (everyone is trying to figure out which is the best setup to use).
FWIW, my guess it will be the disks, just as it is when comparing BDs to 1080p streams.
Disks are not limited by bandwidth, network speed, etc.

AFAIK, lossless, of any type, is not available for streaming.

We can hope.

Hmmmm, that's interesting...

Just so you know, we took a poll via PMs today and it was decided YOU would be the lucky member to buy one first and report back to us on its performance.

Good to know and streaming is stepping up their game!

I love that Mustang and the price is right! My wife on the other hand doesn't like new Mustangs. But she hasn't driven that GT350! Next to a C7 Vette (base) that Mustang is probably one of the best track cars out there for the price. Or maybe the newest Camaro but I haven't seen much about them yet.
post #18788 of 18788 Old Today, 08:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1624 Post(s)
Liked: 1844
Projector people, what screen methods are you using? Anyone have the painted on kind etc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion