October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 628 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6545Likes

post #18811 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Liked: 1019
Spawn is coming back and being directed by Todd McFarland! http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...wn-screenplay/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18812 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 785 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
They really hit the ground running with the return of TWD. Fantastic episode.

Deadpool rocked! One of the best Marvel movies evah! Stan Lee's cameo was great.
How was the LFE? The wife and older daughter saw it at a normally very good Cineplex for bass but they both complained there was little bass. Something big would happen, explode or crash and there was nothing. I was so proud. If it was a crappy theater I would not be concerned but this place is usually good for bass...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Spawn is coming back and being directed by Todd McFarland! http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...wn-screenplay/
Sweet! I hope it gets done. As one of SEVEN people that saw it theatrically and own the bluray it would be cool to see a reboot - especially if they learn a lesson from Deadpool.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
post #18813 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
How was the LFE? The wife and older daughter saw it at a normally very good Cineplex for bass but they both complained there was little bass. Something big would happen, explode or crash and there was nothing. I was so proud. If it was a crappy theater I would not be concerned but this place is usually good for bass...

Sweet! I hope it gets done. As one of SEVEN people that saw it theatrically and own the bluray it would be cool to see a reboot - especially if they learn a lesson from Deadpool.

I am part of the 1997 fiasco that saw Spawn in the theater, it wasn't alone though as Alien Resurrection was released the same year. Thankfully so was Event Horizon!

I just got done watching Raiders of the Lost Ark and I know most have seen this multiple times. What got me excited is finally having it on Blu and of course reliving the last part that is straight up Horror! Only this time I didn't cover my eyes like when I did when I was five!
ApolloCreed and GoCaboNow like this.
post #18814 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 12:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3975 Post(s)
Liked: 8117
Quote:
Good news. Always liked the movie. Even with the horrendous SFX.

Quote:

We saw Deadpool in IMAX and the LFE was good. Lol. Make that eight. I saw Spawn in the theater and own the BD too.

Quote:
I am part of the 1997 fiasco that saw Spawn in the theater, it wasn't alone though as Alien Resurrection was released the same year. Thankfully so was Event Horizon!

I just got done watching Raiders of the Lost Ark and I know most have seen this multiple times. What got me excited is finally having it on Blu and of course reliving the last part that is straight up Horror! Only this time I didn't cover my eyes like when I did when I was five!
Spoiler!
I imported the Steelbook from Italy awhile back. Great movies. Except for the fourth with its nuclear proof fridge, super fast fire ants and Shia LaBoof swinging on vines like Tarzan. Shia LaBoof alone is enough to use the BD as a drink costed.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila

Last edited by Waboman; 02-15-2016 at 12:44 PM.
post #18815 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3030
Quote:
Deadpool rocked! One of the best Marvel movies evah!
NOW I know not to go see it.

Quote:
That IS good news.
I really did like the first movie and think it was underrated.
post #18816 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 12:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3975 Post(s)
Liked: 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
NOW I know not to go see it.
Good. With your abhorrent tastes you'd ruin it for us all.
ApolloCreed likes this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #18817 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Good news. Always liked the movie. Even with the horrendous SFX.

We saw Deadpool in IMAX and the LFE was good. Lol. Make that eight. I saw Spawn in the theater and own the BD too.

I imported the Steelbook from Italy awhile back. Great movies. Except for the fourth with its nuclear proof fridge, super fast fire ants and Shia LaBoof swinging on vines like Tarzan. Shia LaBoof alone is enough to use the BD as a drink costed.

Agreed about Lebouf and I really liked the first 3 films! I will still give the fourth a watch since I am watching all the movies in order.
post #18818 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Agreed about Lebouf and I really liked the first 3 films! I will still give the fourth a watch since I am watching all the movies in order.
What I liked about the 4th Indy.
Spoiler!

What I did not
Spoiler!
ApolloCreed and BornSlippyZ like this.

post #18819 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked: 1954
Quote:
The wife brought me home a quesalupa today and those things are good!
From Taco Hell?I used to love that stuff,at my advanced age,fast food is a no no.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #18820 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman
That's drink coaster. And I think you've had enough for one day
post #18821 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 02:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1887 Post(s)
Liked: 2150
It isn't possible to fully hate Crystal Skull. It fits perfectly with the entire series. The only weak section is the ant, vine swinging chase. All else is fine. Errrbody is always "nuke the fridge" but quick to forget "fly the raft." In terms of the Indy Mythology it was a logical move. Had it continued we would probably see him in Area 51 or a National Treasure vibe. Yes it was a departure in dramatic tone but still plenty pulp serial. This same rant applies to Star Wars as well. The movies didn't change much the audience did.

It may be the single most "living comic book" movie behind Speed Racer. Hopefully GL can get his act together and pump out one more trilogy. I think he'd be the best fit for Flash Gordon.

Speaking of Tomb Raiding. The latest incarnation of Lara Croft in the video game space is absolutely perfect, combining that tomb raiding, dungeon crawling, environment as puzzle, and just enough survival horror to be better than old Indy. I'd love to see a movie series from it.
GoCaboNow and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #18822 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

That last part of the fourth movie was cool. But the first two had a bit of everything including some horror elements.

Your last screenshot is funny because that Indian bike has modern parts on it and being a gear head it bugged me. The other films had period stuff that looked right at home with all the 30s and 40s setting.

I stopped Temple of Doom during the dinner scene and that is one of my favorite parts!
post #18823 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 02:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Also the Spawn Soundtrack freaking ruled.

BornSlippyZ likes this.

Last edited by darthrsg; 02-15-2016 at 02:47 PM. Reason: True Facts: 90's Soundtracks Rule
post #18824 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
It isn't possible to fully hate Crystal Skull. It fits perfectly with the entire series.
Whoever you are stopping using darth's account on this website!
NO WAY would he write something so crazy.
post #18825 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
From Taco Hell?I used to love that stuff,at my advanced age,fast food is a no no.
Yeah some fast food messes me up. But I always like Taco Bell every now and again!

Quote:
It isn't possible to fully hate Crystal Skull. It fits perfectly with the entire series. The only weak section is the ant, vine swinging chase. All else is fine. Errrbody is always "nuke the fridge" but quick to forget "fly the raft." In terms of the Indy Mythology it was a logical move. Had it continued we would probably see him in Area 51 or a National Treasure vibe. Yes it was a departure in dramatic tone but still plenty pulp serial. This same rant applies to Star Wars as well. The movies didn't change much the audience did.

It may be the single most "living comic book" movie behind Speed Racer. Hopefully GL can get his act together and pump out one more trilogy. I think he'd be the best fit for Flash Gordon.

Speaking of Tomb Raiding. The latest incarnation of Lara Croft in the video game space is absolutely perfect, combining that tomb raiding, dungeon crawling, environment as puzzle, and just enough survival horror to be better than old Indy. I'd love to see a movie series from it.
I agree with most of your post but I think if you look at the time the Indy trilogy came out, a lot has taken place in society since then and people are more sensitive to things in movies aka being PC. The fourth film is way less dramatic and more slapstick comic action and 'safe' to an extent. Nothing wrong with that but in the realm of the other films it is a departure of sorts from the trilogy. Kinda like when Spielberg had the idea to place walkie talkies in the Gov't agents hands instead of the shotguns in ET. Thankfully he reversed it because folks told him to give folks the option on what version to watch.

Now I am hearing upset parents with the Deadpool movie because they thought Marvel=kiddie movie, so it is ok for families. Never mind doing your do diligence to actually check the rating. These are the folks ruining it for everyone and their ignorance isn't excuse enough. But at the ending of the day we have to take it all in and vote with our dollars. I am glad Deadpool was finally made and there is dangerous stuff out there for our choosing!

Tomb Raider was my jam years ago! That PS game kept me up all hours of the night!

Quote:
Also the Spawn Soundtrack freaking ruled.

https://youtu.be/ofamFBk92Pk

I had that CD and it is good!
post #18826 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 03:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Yeah some fast food messes me up. But I always like Taco Bell every now and again!

I agree with most of your post but I think if you look at the time the Indy trilogy came out, a lot has taken place in society since then and people are more sensitive to things in movies aka being PC. The fourth film is way less dramatic and more slapstick comic action and 'safe' to an extent. Nothing wrong with that but in the realm of the other films it is a departure of sorts from the trilogy. Kinda like when Spielberg had the idea to place walkie talkies in the Gov't agents hands instead of the shotguns in ET. Thankfully he reversed it because folks told him to give folks the option on what version to watch.

Now I am hearing upset parents with the Deadpool movie because they thought Marvel=kiddie movie, so it is ok for families. Never mind doing your do diligence to actually check the rating. These are the folks ruining it for everyone and their ignorance isn't excuse enough. But at the ending of the day we have to take it all in and vote with our dollars. I am glad Deadpool was finally made and there is dangerous stuff out there for our choosing!

Tomb Raider was my jam years ago! That PS game kept me up all hours of the night!

Yes, PC is a factor. No way a movie like the older three would fly because somewhere the ancient flesh eating cults would be upset about the period correctness of the spices used on the whites they roasted up.

And the double Decker taco supreme is a thing of beauty.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #18827 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Anybody own The Fog on BD here?
post #18828 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 03:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Anybody own The Fog on BD here?

Nope but I should.
post #18829 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

I just looked it up and it is a Shout Factory release! I think tenthplanet might have it so he can tell us how good it is!
post #18830 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, the wife said Deadpool is a major no go for our 10 year old. She always gets into the action movies but this is not pg13 super hero stuff. Lots of sex and 80 something F-bombs, the 17 year old counted not to mention wishing she was not at the movies with her mom and her friend's mom - lol.
Quote:
Yes, PC is a factor. No way a movie like the older three would fly because somewhere the ancient flesh eating cults would be upset about the period correctness of the spices used on the whites they roasted up.
It is funny how different movies were in the 70's through 90's even.
Quote:
That would be fun. Casting choice would be interesting as well.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #18831 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 03:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Have you played it? I need to get the new one. Easily one of my favorite major release mainstream titles in many years.
post #18832 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

post #18833 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, the wife said Deadpool is a major no go for our 10 year old. She always gets into the action movies but this is not pg13 super hero stuff. Lots of sex and 80 something F-bombs, the 17 year old counted not to mention wishing she was not at the movies with her mom and her friend's mom - lol.

It is funny how different movies were in the 70's through 90's even.

Lol, I was the same way when I was 17 but my parents weren't as cool as you guys because Deadpool wouldn't be her first choice to see in the theater. My parents though did let me see Aliens when I was 10 because I begged them to and the movie gave me nightmares for a week!
post #18834 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 04:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Please let the Predator visit Coachella.
oink and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #18835 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Please let the Predator visit Coachella.

Dude you made laugh out loud! That would be a target rich environment! The Predator would have to just target the pachouli and BO smell!
ApolloCreed likes this.
post #18836 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 04:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Dude you made laugh out loud! That would be a target rich environment! The Predator would have to just target the pachouli and BO smell!

Like one predator could take out 70,000 people there.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #18837 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Hey Predator fans!!!!
Yes, please.
post #18838 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Have you played it? I need to get the new one. Easily one of my favorite major release mainstream titles in many years.
I was referring to a movie version. I can't game. ZERO self control. I would do it all the time.
Quote:
Lol, I was the same way when I was 17 but my parents weren't as cool as you guys because Deadpool wouldn't be her first choice to see in the theater. My parents though did let me see Aliens when I was 10 because I begged them to and the movie gave me nightmares for a week!
Sweet pic on the Predator. I just hope it is done well. Looks like Jeepers Creepers 3 is gaining traction. Is a guilty pleasure of mine.
Spoiler!

It was originally going to be some romantic, teen angst, crapfest the two mother, daughter teams were going to go see. They asked if I wanted to go and described what the movie was about. I then pretended to gouge my eyes out. They get to the theater and it is sold out so they see Deadpool instead.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #18839 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Like one predator could take out 70,000 people there.

To be honest I did go to Cochella once in 99. I have a few friends that still go but they said the popularity of it all destroyed what it use to be. The venue is awesome at the polo fields but I prefer the raves that went on all night to the Cochella crowd.
post #18840 of 20901 Old 02-15-2016, 05:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
To be honest I did go to Cochella once in 99. I have a few friends that still go but they said the popularity of it all destroyed what it use to be. The venue is awesome at the polo fields but I prefer the raves that went on all night to the Cochella crowd.

I'd go. Seems to be a common thing with festivals, once they get too popular. Bonaroo is a logistical nightmare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page