October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 661 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 6542Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2016, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east
Posts: 2,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Watched The Revenant today,Kind of a slow,dreary film,some great scenery though,not a bad watch in the afternoon,probably wouldn't have made it to the end at night. 2.5 bear claws. BTW,Dead Space is free on Xbox from April 1-15.Just saying.
I would agree with you, stunning visuals of a bleak countryside, DiCaprio earned his award in this one, Hardy was good as usual. Overall not the best picture of the year (Glad it didn't win). I'd give it three bear claws, but only the ones in the bakery case next to the crullers.
oink and stevew24963 like this.

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
tenthplanet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2016, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east
Posts: 2,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post
USPS will practically deliver any day you need (including X-Mas), providing the price is right.
Godfather, my Marantz is stuck in a warehouse. USPS won't
deliver till Monday. My wife, my children will be greatly disappointed if I don't have it by Sunday. Help me please Godfather!!
My son, you have been loyal to me, and this favor I will do for you and mostly your family. For you USPS, will deliver on Sunday.....
Is that the price you had in mind....
ApolloCreed likes this.

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...

Last edited by tenthplanet; 03-24-2016 at 08:26 PM. Reason: extra word that shouldn't be there
tenthplanet is offline  
Old 03-24-2016, 05:40 PM
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 36,583
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3030
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
I would agree with you, stunning visuals of a bleak countryside, DiCaprio earned his award in this one, Hardy was good as usual. Overall not the best picture of the year (Glad it didn't win). I'd give it three bear claws, but only the ones in the bakery case next to the crullers.
NF won't have the BD until May.
I'll have to wait until then before I can see it.
GoCaboNow likes this.
oink is offline  
Old 03-24-2016, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 9,735
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Godfather, my Marantz is stuck in a warehouse. USPS won't
deliver till Monday. My wife, my children will be greatly disappointed if I don't have it by Sunday. Help me please Godfather!!
My son you have been loyal to you me, and this favor I will do for you and mostly your family. For you USPS, will deliver on Sunday.....
Is that the price you had in mind....
Man up, will ya!? Stop being a wuss! I had the horsie killed for you the last time; now dey got nothing left to pull the delivery wagon! Go Amazon next time...!
rezzy is online now  
Old 03-25-2016, 06:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,301
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1886 Post(s)
Liked: 2149
We're gonna need some counseling from the aftermath of the attack on our safe place.
stevew24963 likes this.
darthrsg is online now  
Old 03-25-2016, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1855 Post(s)
Liked: 1953
A bit off topic,if I may,but I have to say I am truly impressed with the sound and features in the Marantz 6010. I still have some fine tuning to do but I wasn't expecting the clarity and detail I'm getting from my system. The Yamaha was a great receiver but I had some issues with dialog,either to soft or to loud.Not anymore .And everything just seems so much more "grand". I'm happy! Thank you for letting me share.Oh,BTW,it was delivered last Sunday by USPS. Real men don't kill horses.

Last edited by stevew24963; 03-25-2016 at 10:49 AM.
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 03-25-2016, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 7,770
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 714
I don't know if this has been discussed before, and as usually I'm lazy so I won't read back , but a week ago I saw The Witch. While not really an horror film, it has some good unsettling moments. And above all, perfect performances all around, starting with Anya Taylor-Joy. I really enjoyed the film from start to finish. Great replay value for me, mostly because it's a treat to watch good actors on screen. Even the youngest kids did an impeccable job. Amazing that it's director Robert Eggers first film! And I just saw he's going to direct a Nosferatu remake. While I'm generally not fond of that kind of remakes, after seeing his Witch, I'm very curious about his upcoming Nosferatu!
GoCaboNow likes this.

__________
Nicolas.

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."- Victor Hugo.
Morpheo is offline  
Old 03-25-2016, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ApolloCreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 1,145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
A bit off topic,if I may,but I have to say I am truly impressed with the sound and features in the Marantz 6010. I still have some fine tuning to do but I wasn't expecting the clarity and detail I'm getting from my system. The Yamaha was a great receiver but I had some issues with dialog,either to soft or to loud.Not anymore .And everything just seems so much more "grand". I'm happy! Thank you for letting me share.Oh,BTW,it was delivered last Sunday by USPS. Real men don't kill horses.
Great to hear brotha!! I'm looking forward to the same thing when my new gear is installed.

Pre/Pro, cables and amp stand arrived today

Outlaw amp comes next week and even though I was planning on going full Atmos somewhere down the line, I'm likely going to be ordering another Outlaw amp and making a decision on in-ceiling speakers in the next few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0009.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	1337970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0010.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	1337978  
ApolloCreed is offline  
Old 03-25-2016, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ApolloCreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 1,145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed before, and as usually I'm lazy so I won't read back , but a week ago I saw The Witch. While not really an horror film, it has some good unsettling moments. And above all, perfect performances all around, starting with Anya Taylor-Joy. I really enjoyed the film from start to finish. Great replay value for me, mostly because it's a treat to watch good actors on screen. Even the youngest kids did an impeccable job. Amazing that it's director Robert Eggers first film! And I just saw he's going to direct a Nosferatu remake. While I'm generally not fond of that kind of remakes, after seeing his Witch, I'm very curious about his upcoming Nosferatu!
Good to hear about The Witch. I had plans to get to the theater for that one, but ended up changing my mind. Looking forward to the disc release! Nosferatu sounds good as well.
ApolloCreed is offline  
Old 03-25-2016, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1855 Post(s)
Liked: 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
Great to hear brotha!! I'm looking forward to the same thing when my new gear is installed.

Pre/Pro, cables and amp stand arrived today

Outlaw amp comes next week and even though I was planning on going full Atmos somewhere down the line, I'm likely going to be ordering another Outlaw amp and making a decision on in-ceiling speakers in the next few days.
Sometimes you get stuff just because you thought you needed stuff,and you find out you didn't need it when you got it.I bought the 6010 on a whim,I had the resources to do it and I did.But it's a pleasure when what you got justifies the purchase. Just a thought..
ApolloCreed likes this.
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 03-25-2016, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 9,735
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked: 655
It's just a pleasure to have disposable income. Not that I have any, LOL!
ApolloCreed likes this.
rezzy is online now  
Old 03-25-2016, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east
Posts: 2,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
We're gonna need some counseling from the aftermath of the attack on our safe place.
???? What happened are we being invaded by another thread ?

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
tenthplanet is offline  
Old 03-25-2016, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,399
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Liked: 1019
I like seeing the new toys in here!
ApolloCreed and GoCaboNow like this.
BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 03-25-2016, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1855 Post(s)
Liked: 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
???? What happened are we being invaded by another thread ?
Set phasers to stun.
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 03-25-2016, 06:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,301
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1886 Post(s)
Liked: 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Set phasers to stun.
Yeah. Tactical Alert. Polarize the hull plating.
darthrsg is online now  
Old 03-25-2016, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1855 Post(s)
Liked: 1953
Set deflector shields,prepare for warp drive. Need to finish What We Do In The Shadows.Scotty,get us home.
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 03-26-2016, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 9,735
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
We're gonna need some counseling from the aftermath of the attack on our safe place.
We're good. Just gotta keep this place free of Klingons, LOL!
rezzy is online now  
Old 03-26-2016, 07:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,301
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1886 Post(s)
Liked: 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
???? What happened are we being invaded by another thread ?
Long range scans indicate a subspace disturbance that's resulted in a system wide rustling of jimmies. We can possibly redirect power to the BS manifold but the likely outcome is bleak. I suggest cloaking and navigating away at impulse.
darthrsg is online now  
Old 03-26-2016, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east
Posts: 2,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Long range scans indicate a subspace disturbance that's resulted in a system wide rustling of jimmies. We can possibly redirect power to the BS manifold but the likely outcome is bleak. I suggest cloaking and navigating away at impulse.
OK who left the (Star) gate open, Anubis and "The Horned One" go way back and there was that poker game in Vegas that THO would rather forget.

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
tenthplanet is offline  
Old 03-26-2016, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 5,839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked: 530
I watched "Final Girl" last night starring "Little Miss Sunshine" Abagail Breslin and Wes Bentley. I really liked it. Five MDA capsules.
Brian Conrad is offline  
Old 03-26-2016, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 2,917
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Just watched Southbound. Simply awesome! Something like the V/H/S movies but better.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/southbound/

Kain is offline  
Old 03-27-2016, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 5,839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked: 530
I guess some of you ('cept Oink) will be munching on left over ham this evening along with your movies. But Sundays, as usual, are overloaded with TV shows to watch including "11.22.63" on Hulu+, our Stephen King mini-series of the year.
ApolloCreed likes this.
Brian Conrad is offline  
Old 03-27-2016, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 9,735
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Not a movie exactly, but last night I dreamt Apocalypse was chasing me around in the streets, flipping cars over and whatnot. At least the character from the X-Men trailer, as I don't recall him from the comic.

Don't think he had yet appeared when I was still reading. Anyway, I gave him the slip and escaped.
ApolloCreed likes this.
rezzy is online now  
Old 03-28-2016, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 2,917
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked: 204
New trailer...

Kain is offline  
Old 03-28-2016, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
GoCaboNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 785 Post(s)
Liked: 641
I did He Never Died with Henry Rollins. If you are a Henry Rollins fan this is probably for you. If not, probably not.
stevew24963 likes this.

Location: Beaverton, Oregon
My Dedicated Home Theater Room
GoCaboNow is offline  
Old 03-28-2016, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1855 Post(s)
Liked: 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
I did He Never Died with Henry Rollins. If you are a Henry Rollins fan this is probably for you. If not, probably not.
I'm a Lier !

Sent from my HTC One_M8
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 03-28-2016, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1855 Post(s)
Liked: 1953
True horror,Ben and his family has moved into my closet on my patio. Bought pounds of rat poison.hoping for the best. Meanwhile,photon torpedoes still armed and sub space scan still active.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 03-28-2016, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 3,805
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1228 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
True horror,Ben and his family has moved into my closet on my patio. Bought pounds of rat poison.hoping for the best. Meanwhile,photon torpedoes still armed and sub space scan still active.
Can any of them cook?
Ken.F is offline  
Old 03-28-2016, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1855 Post(s)
Liked: 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Can any of them cook?
Sadly,no. They do keep my dogs up at night,which keeps me up.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 03-28-2016, 08:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,240
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3974 Post(s)
Liked: 8116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Can any of them cook?
Lol.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off