October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 664 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 6593Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2016, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 3,822
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Every month I have to check and make sure they aren't charging me for the modem I own. I would dump them but there really isn't an alternative.
Comcast did the same thing to me. I'd have to call them about every three months to have the modem charge taken off. As soon as FiOS became available here I switched.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
Ken.F is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-04-2016, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GoCaboNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,780
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Real life horror story. Just bought my kid new cleats and now he needs a new glove. Just take me now...

Spoiler!
Yeah, tell me about it. We went through three pairs of cleats last year for a nine year old girl. As a pitcher she can literally wear through the toe in a week before I found the rubber goop that goes on the toe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Thankfully we have alcohol to make things better!

I was a lefty first baseman back in the day so my gloves always cost a little more.
Awesome! I am a lefty as is the kid. The web is killer for lefty deals. I got her a $250 Cat Osterman glove for $89. She still just uses her old glove because this one is so stiff, but I got a killer deal on it. So I have that going for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
I fit in two creature features yesterday, Aliens and Predator 2. I realized while watching Predator 2 on Starz the importance of showing movies in OAR. During the scene where the Predator is cleaning King Willie's skull and placing it with the other trophies, you don't get to see the Alien skull because of the zoom to fit ratio.

I have Comcast with no data caps, yet. Although my internet speed fluctuates too much for me to exceed those caps.
Two of my favorite movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
I caught Freddy vs Jason on Syfy.
Sent from my HTC One_M8
I kind of liked that one in a guilty pleasure kind of way.


Hateful 8 kind of turns into a horror flic as it goes along. Weird vibe as it starts to wind down. The girl with the bloody face reminded me of the Evil Dead. All the crap that goes painfully wrong - for everyone. Felt like a horror flic.
stevew24963 and BornSlippyZ like this.

Location: Beaverton, Oregon
My Dedicated Home Theater Room
GoCaboNow is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 5,854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1159 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post
Duopoly syndrome here: AT&T vs Comcast; I chose the lesser of the two evils...
I had both, Comcast for TV and AT&T for broadband. Originally I had AT&T Broadband for both but Comcast bought them, redid the ancient lines and rolled out HD. I had Earthlink for DSL on a seperate line and kept both landline and data line. Switched to AT&T (after the phone was bought by another company which morphed into today's AT&T) for DSL than when the landline price got ridiculous compared to U-Verse VoIP had that installed. Both the DSL modem and the U-Verse gateway I own. They sold those to the customer and sent a gift card for re-reimbursement. It was just the gateway with IPTV that required a rental and not they are switch folks with IPTV to DirectTV. Most likely to use those pipes for more broadband.

As mentioned I'm waiting (and waiting) for another company which is available just a few blocks from here (north of freeway) to come into the neighborhood. It's hard to get from their reps when (or if) that will happen.
Brian Conrad is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,412
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1383 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Comcast did the same thing to me. I'd have to call them about every three months to have the modem charge taken off. As soon as FiOS became available here I switched.
I make sure of that too! When I lived in Ca I had Fios and the internet was decent. When I was on vacation, we had verizon/fios for tv/internet and there were days where certain channels would be pixilated big time. I think that was when verizon had a big outage in Souther CA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Yeah, tell me about it. We went through three pairs of cleats last year for a nine year old girl. As a pitcher she can literally wear through the toe in a week before I found the rubber goop that goes on the toe.

Awesome! I am a lefty as is the kid. The web is killer for lefty deals. I got her a $250 Cat Osterman glove for $89. She still just uses her old glove because this one is so stiff, but I got a killer deal on it. So I have that going for me.

Two of my favorite movies.

I kind of liked that one in a guilty pleasure kind of way.


Hateful 8 kind of turns into a horror flic as it goes along. Weird vibe as it starts to wind down. The girl with the bloody face reminded me of the Evil Dead. All the crap that goes painfully wrong - for everyone. Felt like a horror flic.
I agree the Hateful Eight is kinda like a big room style movie of the first Saw movie. I will probably buy the movie down the road though.

As my kids grow, they start to wear out their clothes quicker (and grow out of them). But luckily my wife finds deals online or she hits up a TjMaxx (or Ross) to get us decent clothes for not that much cash.

I was a wild pitcher (side arm) and only pitched part of a game before I was on permanent first baseman. Which honestly was the best position for me.
BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 01:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,260
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3981 Post(s)
Liked: 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Yeah, tell me about it. We went through three pairs of cleats last year for a nine year old girl. As a pitcher she can literally wear through the toe in a week before I found the rubber goop that goes on the toe.

Awesome! I am a lefty as is the kid. The web is killer for lefty deals. I got her a $250 Cat Osterman glove for $89. She still just uses her old glove because this one is so stiff, but I got a killer deal on it. So I have that going for me.

Two of my favorite movies.

I kind of liked that one in a guilty pleasure kind of way.


Hateful 8 kind of turns into a horror flic as it goes along. Weird vibe as it starts to wind down. The girl with the bloody face reminded me of the Evil Dead. All the crap that goes painfully wrong - for everyone. Felt like a horror flic.
Seems like every time I turn around the ATM of Dad is spewing out money that's not there.

I liked The Hateful 8.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 01:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,260
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3981 Post(s)
Liked: 8183
Anyone watch TWD 90 minute season finale last night?

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,412
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1383 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Anyone watch TWD 90 minute season finale last night?

I think I only watched one episode of TWD this season. I have them on the Dvr and I heard something big happened last night. I will get to TWD after Daredevil.
BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 3,822
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Anyone watch TWD 90 minute season finale last night?
I watched it. I didn't like the way they ended it. Now I can't wait for next season to see who it was.
Ken.F is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
GoCaboNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,780
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
I make sure of that too! When I lived in Ca I had Fios and the internet was decent. When I was on vacation, we had verizon/fios for tv/internet and there were days where certain channels would be pixilated big time. I think that was when verizon had a big outage in Souther CA.

I agree the Hateful Eight is kinda like a big room style movie of the first Saw movie. I will probably buy the movie down the road though.

As my kids grow, they start to wear out their clothes quicker (and grow out of them). But luckily my wife finds deals online or she hits up a TjMaxx (or Ross) to get us decent clothes for not that much cash.

I was a wild pitcher (side arm) and only pitched part of a game before I was on permanent first baseman. Which honestly was the best position for me.
Yeah, I can't believe the bias against lefties in baseball/softball. Pitcher, 1b or outfield...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Seems like every time I turn around the ATM of Dad is spewing out money that's not there.

I liked The Hateful 8.
Club sports are crazy. Can't believe what I pay for at 10 years old. I hear they are coming out with a 1u travel team soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Anyone watch TWD 90 minute season finale last night?
On my dvr
BornSlippyZ likes this.

Location: Beaverton, Oregon
My Dedicated Home Theater Room
GoCaboNow is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 9,738
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
I had both, Comcast for TV and AT&T for broadband. Originally I had AT&T Broadband for both but Comcast bought them, redid the ancient lines and rolled out HD. I had Earthlink for DSL on a seperate line and kept both landline and data line. Switched to AT&T (after the phone was bought by another company which morphed into today's AT&T) for DSL than when the landline price got ridiculous compared to U-Verse VoIP had that installed. Both the DSL modem and the U-Verse gateway I own. They sold those to the customer and sent a gift card for re-reimbursement. It was just the gateway with IPTV that required a rental and not they are switch folks with IPTV to DirectTV. Most likely to use those pipes for more broadband.

As mentioned I'm waiting (and waiting) for another company which is available just a few blocks from here (north of freeway) to come into the neighborhood. It's hard to get from their reps when (or if) that will happen.
OK, that's a horror story in itself. I'm hoping a third entity provider would show up, but the other two would likely run it away before it could get off the ground.
rezzy is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 02:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,260
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3981 Post(s)
Liked: 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
I think I only watched one episode of TWD this season. I have them on the Dvr and I heard something big happened last night. I will get to TWD after Daredevil.
I still need to start both the current seasons of DD and GoT. I'm getting way too far behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
I watched it. I didn't like the way they ended it. Now I can't wait for next season to see who it was.
Not sure I cared for the episode at all. Fear the Walking Dead starts next Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Yeah, I can't believe the bias against lefties in baseball/softball. Pitcher, 1b or outfield...

Club sports are crazy. Can't believe what I pay for at 10 years old. I hear they are coming out with a 1u travel team soon...

On my dvr
1u lol

To quote Frank Zappa, the torture never stops.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is offline  
Old 04-04-2016, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 3,822
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Not sure I cared for the episode at all. Fear the Walking Dead starts next Sunday.
They shouldn't have stretched it to 90 minutes. It could have easily been edited down to a normal hour long episode without missing anything important. The Morgan part and the end were good but the road trip was drawn out too long. The only thing I liked about the road trip was Abraham's remarks.

It looks like things might be picking up in Fear TWD.
Ken.F is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 2,929
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Watched The House on Pine Street today. A little slow but one of the more "grown-up" horror movies (i.e. lacking jump-scares, etc.). Would recommend a viewing.

ApolloCreed and stevew24963 like this.
Kain is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 1970
Giving back to the community.


Sent from my HTC One_M8
stevew24963 is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 3,822
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Giving back to the community.
If I didn't already have it I would have jumped on that code.
Ken.F is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Anyone watch TWD 90 minute season finale last night?
I'm late to the party but yeah,I watched it,I thought it was pretty good,the cliffhanger ending didn't bother me so much,kinda had a feeling that's how it was going anyway.I see there is a lot of crapping about how the "team"was getting complaisant and doing stupid stuff but it's just a tv show,entertainment,it is what it is,just enjoy it.
stevew24963 is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,412
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1383 Post(s)
Liked: 1028


My disc was damaged (froze at chp5) and I am returning it back to Amazon so no need to let this code go bad.
Waboman and stevew24963 like this.
BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 5,854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1159 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post
OK, that's a horror story in itself. I'm hoping a third entity provider would show up, but the other two would likely run it away before it could get off the ground.
I'm beginning to think the usual suspects are paying the city council off under the table to keep the third provider out of this area. But then they might be also looking at how many households are currently on contract because people around here do play "provider roulette" where as soon as the one or two year contract is up they cancel and get the other provider's current deal. The third provider doesn't do contracts.

For some "south of the border" horror there is "Mexico Barbaro" on Netflix, an anthology film that's not too bad and with the quirks that Mexican films will have that even US indies won't. In Mexican with subtitles. Three gas cans.

Actually I think there are only about 6 stories on the Netflix version as it is listed at 1 hour 54 minutes but was over before that. Love to see the omitted stories and I see some things in the trailer not in the Netflix version.
Brian Conrad is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 01:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,260
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3981 Post(s)
Liked: 8183
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Giving back to the community.
Spoiler!


Sent from my HTC One_M8
Muchas gracias, amigo. I used the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
I'm late to the party but yeah,I watched it,I thought it was pretty good,the cliffhanger ending didn't bother me so much,kinda had a feeling that's how it was going anyway.I see there is a lot of crapping about how the "team"was getting complaisant and doing stupid stuff but it's just a tv show,entertainment,it is what it is,just enjoy it.
It wasn't the cliffhanger that bugged me. Just how these Saviors magically appeared everywhere and how battle hardened team Rick kept falling into these traps. I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Spoiler!


My disc was damaged (froze at chp5) and I am returning it back to Amazon so no need to let this code go bad.
Picked up my Steelbook at lunch time, along with an angry Whopper. Livin' on the dark side, yo.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Muchas gracias, amigo. I used the code.



It wasn't the cliffhanger that bugged me. Just how these Saviors magically appeared everywhere and how battle hardened team Rick kept falling into these traps. I dunno.



Picked up my Steelbook at lunch time, along with an angry Whopper. Livin' on the dark side, yo.
Enjoy!!
stevew24963 is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,412
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1383 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Muchas gracias, amigo. I used the code.



It wasn't the cliffhanger that bugged me. Just how these Saviors magically appeared everywhere and how battle hardened team Rick kept falling into these traps. I dunno.



Picked up my Steelbook at lunch time, along with an angry Whopper. Livin' on the dark side, yo.

How was the whopper? I might get one tomorrow for dinner.
BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 1970
Downloaded the Eagles Farewell tour CD set,sounds great.Just in case you guys didn't know,loving the Marantz.Though I have to say The Yamaha does music a bit better,at least with my speaker set up.
ApolloCreed and BornSlippyZ like this.
stevew24963 is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,412
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1383 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Downloaded the Eagles Farewell tour CD set,sounds great.Just in case you guys didn't know,loving the Marantz.Though I have to say The Yamaha does music a bit better,at least with my speaker set up.
Its kinda funny how some avrs are good at music and others at reproducing multi channel movie playback well. I experienced this first when I had a 90's era Pioneer. It was ok for movies but music it was fantastic. Then I got the Sony and it wasn't that good at movies but music, it was really good! I haven't compared my Denon with my Sony on music playback but my Denon has done a decent job of music playback and I have no complaints.

Speaking of music,
I have my turntables hooked up so I can mix and play my vinyl and one thing I noticed is the delay of the music coming from my speakers vs my headphones plugged into my mixer. I never had that issue with being hooked up to just my avr but since my music is going to avr then amps then speakers, I guess that will cause the delay. Not a big deal, you just have to listen to the headphones while mixing, instead of the music coming from the speakers. Kinda like playing at a club or rave, but there I would have monitor speakers to give me the real time of music playing out of my mixer.
ApolloCreed and stevew24963 like this.
BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 5,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 1970
To update,I bought the 6010 and enjoyed it.I ran into a problem with it connecting to my network,after a few days got tired of doing the soft reset and returned said unit. Now I have an SR7009 that I got from A4less,saved a few bucks and got pretty much the same AVR, almost happy.
ApolloCreed likes this.
stevew24963 is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,412
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1383 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
To update,I bought the 6010 and enjoyed it.I ran into a problem with it connecting to my network,after a few days got tired of doing the soft reset and returned said unit. Now I have an SR7009 that I got from A4less,saved a few bucks and got pretty much the same AVR, almost happy.

Sorry you had networking issues but I had the same thing when I connected my iPad to my 4311 via wirelessly thru my network. It would always loose connection then I would have to reset my app (delete/DL again)and manually re enter the isp address on the 4311. I did a hard reset and that seemed to have cured the issue. But I don't use the app anymore and I use the avr remote.
BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,412
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1383 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Shout! Factory is releasing a new 2K scan of Return of the Living Dead in July! But if you preorder from Shout you get a poster and the movie two weeks early before anyone else! https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/fi...ctor-s-edition

There is the stand alone 2 disc version and a deluxe version. I don't on this on BD but I might have to pick this up!
GoCaboNow likes this.
BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 10:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,260
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3981 Post(s)
Liked: 8183
Tried watching The Force Awakens tonight and it's all messed up. Half the screen is either blacked out, or has the BD logo superimposed. Audio is scratchy and comes in and out. The title screen scroll looks like I just ate a brownie at a Grateful Dead concert. This is a brand new disc purchased from BBY. The Force is not strong with this one. I'm hoping it's a bad disc and not my player.







Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is offline  
Old 04-06-2016, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 3,822
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
My disc was damaged (froze at chp5) and I am returning it back to Amazon so no need to let this code go bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
The Force is not strong with this one. I'm hoping it's a bad disc and not my player.
I planned on buying it today but now I don't know if I should wait a while or not.
Ken.F is offline  
Old 04-06-2016, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,412
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1383 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Tried watching The Force Awakens tonight and it's all messed up. Half the screen is either blacked out, or has the BD logo superimposed. Audio is scratchy and comes in and out. The title screen scroll looks like I just ate a brownie at a Grateful Dead concert. This is a brand new disc purchased from BBY. The Force is not strong with this one. I'm hoping it's a bad disc and not my player.






Jeez that is pretty damn bad and it is probably the disc! I cleaned my disc when the problem occurred and I put it in my trusty PS3 and PS4. No Bueno at my home. Ups is picking my disc up today and fingers crossed that the disc Amazon is sending me Thursday won't have issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
I planned on buying it today but now I don't know if I should wait a while or not.

I always wonder about ish like this but really replicating these things shouldnt be an issue. I wonder if it is just due to poor packaging or human error in making the discs.

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; 04-06-2016 at 05:57 AM.
BornSlippyZ is offline  
Old 04-06-2016, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 2,929
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Yikes. Sucks to hear that about the Star Wars disc.

By the way, I just watched The Boy (2016). It was alright. Worth watching if you have nothing better to do or watch.
Kain is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off