October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 682 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6774Likes

Old 05-21-2016, 07:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1919 Post(s)
Liked: 2192
Also if you've not seen We Are Still Here check it out on Netflix.

I watched The Boy with Lauren Cohen last night and enjoyed it quite a bit.
ApolloCreed and stevew24963 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2016, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked: 519
More from the 'You can't make this s___t up dept

Courtesy of Amazon...

Click to open expanded view

<li class="a-spacing-small item a-declarative"> <li class="a-spacing-small item a-declarative">
<li class="a-spacing-small item a-declarative"> <li class="a-spacing-small item a-declarative">

Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre [Blu-ray]

John Callahan (Actor), Jim Wynorski (Director) Rated: Unrated

Format: Blu-ray

3.2 out of 5 stars 5 customer reviews
Drink!

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
Old 05-22-2016, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 946 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Already "pre-approved" I'm sure, LOL!!

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
Old 05-22-2016, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
My fun for yesterday afternoon was trying replace the radio in my '98 Subaru Forester with a modern one (aux input, USB, SD card). To my chagrin after doing all the work to actually getting at the old radio learned that plugs weren't standardized very well back then. So put it back together leaving the CD player unhooked because I haven't listened to a CD on it in years. So next I'm going to look into a) adapters or b) the necessary plugs and stuff to make it work. Actually getting things apart though more difficult than it needed to be (and probably why Subaru owners didn't get their audio systems stolen) but easy once started. My Haynes manual was a little lacking. However the wiring needed is all there. Anyone else here have fun trying to do this?
Horrifying event trying to get at the radio in my daughter's '01 Mits Eclipse. Battery was replaced, and once that happens, one needs to retrieve the reset code from underneath radio module, otherwise no music. After trying and fixing other things, more things would break; simply decided to put it out to pasture. Almost a good car, but surprisingly poorly engineered.
stevew24963 and BornSlippyZ like this.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1422 Post(s)
Liked: 1072
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post
Horrifying event trying to get at the radio in my daughter's '01 Mits Eclipse. Battery was replaced, and once that happens, one needs to retrieve the reset code from underneath radio module, otherwise no music. After trying and fixing other things, more things would break; simply decided to put it out to pasture. Almost a good car, but surprisingly poorly engineered.

I dunno what happened to Mitsubishi after the 90's. In 07 I bought a one owner 1997 Eclipse GST Spyder. It was in great shape and it responded well to mods. I always got compliments on the car and I always felt the 2nd gen of Eclipses were better than all the gens after. Only repair I had to do after buying the car was replace the water pump and replace coolant because the car sat for a year. After that we drove that car everywhere and it was a great cruiser!
Old 05-22-2016, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Battery had been recently replaced and (whatever the guy did), there was virtually no slack in the cabling. That disabled the radio, of course. Chances of setting off the Airbag were good, but so were the chances of not getting the negative terminal re-attached. Decided to take a pass on that.

Did just have prior success in replacing its Harmonic Balancer (and associated belts) then the Radiator takes a dump after all this. I'd almost swear the thing was haunted; good riddance.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4050 Post(s)
Liked: 8511
I've had Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre in my NF queue for awhile now. Keeps saying date available unknown. May have to cough up the $4 and rent it from Vudu.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Old 05-22-2016, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)

Quote:
Battery had been recently replaced and (whatever the guy did), there was virtually no slack in the cabling. That disabled the radio, of course. Chances of setting off the Airbag were good, but so were the chances of not getting the negative terminal re-attached. Decided to take a pass on that.

Did just have prior success in replacing its Harmonic Balancer (and associated belts) then the Radiator takes a dump after all this. I'd almost swear the thing was haunted; good riddance.

Yeah Mitsus tend to do that, I had a friend with a Galant that was in the shop more than anything. The same thing happened to my Scion TC. Although the two dealerships really messed up the car trying to install a TRD supercharger. Sucky thing is I couldn't install it myself or it would be out of warranty. But I argued with Toyota and the dealerships what is the point of a warranty when the mechanics are incompetent?! Toyota later gave us some money because of our troubles with the car. Later I noticed that the dealerships didn't even install the correct thermostat for the supercharger lol. If I have work done at a dealership, I check everything with the service manager. That way when there is a problem, it gets handled asap.

Last car horror story was that even the 'complimentary free service' from a Toyota dealership ended with a phone call to the same Toyota Corp rep that sorted out my Scion. Mechanics bent my skid plate trying to change the oil. Effing laziness and they eventually got their butts chewed out by Toyota. They ordered me a new skid plate (I declined them putting it on) and I changed the oil because I doubt they did that correctly. The owners of the dealership apologized to me and gave me vouchers for free service on big repairs.

Luckily I live near a great Toyota dealership now so all is well!

Sorry gents for the Car horror stories!
rezzy likes this.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1931 Post(s)
Liked: 2046
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Also if you've not seen We Are Still Here check it out on Netflix.

I watched The Boy with Lauren Cohen last night and enjoyed it quite a bit.
I saw We Are Still Here awhile back and enjoyed it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Old 05-22-2016, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Another OT , just got back from a Boy Scout camping trip to a shooting range in middle of nowhere FL. Boys got to shoot trap with shotguns and plink with .22's. The adults,while shooting trap,also pitched in and rented a 50 cal.Barrett. The power is unbelievable. I got my one shot and I'm happy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
rezzy, darthrsg and BornSlippyZ like this.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Another OT , just got back from a Boy Scout camping trip to a shooting range in middle of nowhere FL. Boys got to shoot trap with shotguns and plink with .22's. The adults,while shooting trap,also pitched in and rented a 50 cal.Barrett. The power is unbelievable. I got my one shot and I'm happy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

The Barrett is badass! Sounds like a fun time you guys had!
Old 05-22-2016, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
The Barrett is badass! Sounds like a fun time you guys had!
An awesome experience with an awesome gun. Truth to tell, I was a bit concerned what would happened when l pulled the trigger.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Old 05-22-2016, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
An awesome experience with an awesome gun. Truth to tell, I was a bit concerned what would happened when l pulled the trigger.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

How I learned in the military is that the first shot from any firearm should surprise you. But yeah that rifle is intimidating to say the least.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
A horror-story's a horror-story; especially when it happens to you..
tenthplanet and BornSlippyZ like this.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1209 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Quote:
Yeah Mitsus tend to do that, I had a friend with a Galant that was in the shop more than anything. The same thing happened to my Scion TC. Although the two dealerships really messed up the car trying to install a TRD supercharger. Sucky thing is I couldn't install it myself or it would be out of warranty. But I argued with Toyota and the dealerships what is the point of a warranty when the mechanics are incompetent?! Toyota later gave us some money because of our troubles with the car. Later I noticed that the dealerships didn't even install the correct thermostat for the supercharger lol. If I have work done at a dealership, I check everything with the service manager. That way when there is a problem, it gets handled asap.

Last car horror story was that even the 'complimentary free service' from a Toyota dealership ended with a phone call to the same Toyota Corp rep that sorted out my Scion. Mechanics bent my skid plate trying to change the oil. Effing laziness and they eventually got their butts chewed out by Toyota. They ordered me a new skid plate (I declined them putting it on) and I changed the oil because I doubt they did that correctly. The owners of the dealership apologized to me and gave me vouchers for free service on big repairs.

Luckily I live near a great Toyota dealership now so all is well!

Forum is acting funny today scrolling down to the bottom on a topic than the top.

I found the proper harness for the Subaru. Fry's actually has it locally but at about 3 times the price of ordering online with free shipping. I'm in no hurry so will do the latter. Otherwise it's not exactly rocket science.

I've been hooked on "Slasher" on Netflix and will finish it off tonight. The only thing I haven't liked about is the same library music that so many Canadian shows and movies use. The series has some great twists in it but it will be interesting to see if I do indeed have it figured out unless they want to string me along for another season to find out.
stevew24963 and BornSlippyZ like this.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1265 Post(s)
Liked: 1022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
I found the proper harness for the Subaru. Fry's actually has it locally but at about 3 times the price of ordering online with free shipping. I'm in no hurry so will do the latter. Otherwise it's not exactly rocket science.
Have you tried the12volt.com? If you have the connectors you might be able to wire it yourself.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1919 Post(s)
Liked: 2192
Quote:

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Is the middle of nowhere Florida near Orlando? Heading in tomorrow to hang at Disney.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Is the middle of nowhere Florida near Orlando? Heading in tomorrow to hang at Disney.

Cool man!
Old 05-22-2016, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Watching Monster week on animal planet and a wild 9ft Python latched on to this guys nose! It was gnarly and that snake was pissed!
stevew24963 likes this.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
We were just north of Lake Okeechobee. About 1 1/2 hour south of Orlando. Enjoy the Magic Kingdom.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Old 05-22-2016, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You do know that's supposed to be a place of fun and happiness? Your sentiment will change right after they empty your wallet. Oh, sorry; enjoy!
stevew24963 likes this.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4050 Post(s)
Liked: 8511
Quote:
Watching Monster week on animal planet and a wild 9ft Python latched on to this guys nose! It was gnarly and that snake was pissed!
Lol. I saw that too.

Quote:
You do know that's supposed to be a place of fun and happiness? Your sentiment will change right after they empty your wallet. Oh, sorry; enjoy!
You ain't kidding. If they could figure out a way to charge you to breathe their hallowed air while visiting they would.

Spoiler!
ApolloCreed and BornSlippyZ like this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Old 05-22-2016, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Already "pre-approved" I'm sure, LOL!!
Actually not, THO likes to use shark movies on disc for skeet shooting. PULL!
rezzy likes this.

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
Old 05-23-2016, 03:08 AM
AVS Special Member

:+1:
Old 05-23-2016, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Lol. I saw that too.

You ain't kidding. If they could figure out a way to charge you to breathe their hallowed air while visiting they would.

Spoiler!
That show was great last night! I felt bad for the guy that couldn't climb the tree to get away from the bear.

Disney is expensive, and we go once a year. We already have our November trip planned out and our place where we are staying. We usually stay at the park but this year we are renting a home and I think it will be good to have a break from the park. Staying and sharing one room at the Disney Resort is actually more expensive than renting a whole home. I do enjoy the trip and I love seeing my kids face light up when they see the characters and rides. I did save a ton of cash flying out of this airport here in MN though. Flying out of Cincy is over twice as expensive!!!
ApolloCreed likes this.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked: 649
Quote:
I gave the Witch a spin and I think this film is kind of a slow mess. Very good soundtrack reminiscent of Under the Skin, visuals were ok but man I just couldn't get into this flick. The payoff might not be worth it for most folks here.

I did have time today to pop in They Live so the afternoon wasn't all bad.
I watched the Witch this weekend as well. Was there a payoff?

I liked the visuals with the shot of the woods from the cabin. Really made it seem intimidating. I loved the way they showed the parents as being so primitive in their beliefs, by today's standards, and their resources were so meager the guy couldn't even kill a rabbit.
Spoiler!
BornSlippyZ likes this.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Old 05-23-2016, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I gave the Witch a spin and I think this film is kind of a slow mess. Very good soundtrack reminiscent of Under the Skin, visuals were ok but man I just couldn't get into this flick. The payoff might not be worth it for most folks here.

I did have time today to pop in They Live so the afternoon wasn't all bad.

I liked the visuals with the shot of the woods from the cabin. Really made it seem intimidating. I loved the way they showed the parents as being so primitive in their beliefs, by today's standards, and their resources were so meager the guy couldn't even kill a rabbit.
Spoiler!

Old 05-23-2016, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

Spoiler!

I loved the setting and all the Puritan characters But I felt it just didn't take off from that. I think I bought into the hype and my mind went another direction.

I am going to give it another spin for the HorrorFest to see if I like it more.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I loved the setting and all the Puritan characters But I felt it just didn't take off from that. I think I bought into the hype and my mind went another direction.

I am going to give it another spin for the HorrorFest to see if I like it more.
Yeah, from the hype I thought there would be something more to it as well. I don't know if I could sit through it again, even with all the hairy, witch nudity...

Old 05-23-2016, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

Spoiler!
The payoff is you've just spent two hours not watching 'It Follows'

Sponsored Links
Advertisement