October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 685 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6576Likes

post #20521 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1381 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
You can't beat good beer and food. Speaking of, what's everyone's plan for this Memorial weekend?

Renting what? Hope your kid is ok.

Agree, Animal Kingdom is great. Expedition Everest is probably my fav of all the rides. My kids and I really dug that one.

My son sprained his ankle, but he still wants to go to the zoo later lol.

Oh renting Doom for PS4. I was at Cub and saw the kiosk so I thought I would check but it was out.

I think we are BbQing something and lots of drinking. I just got a new juicer and now making my margaritas will be a snap with this juicer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20522 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3977 Post(s)
Liked: 8142
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
At school? Better call Jackie Chiles.

Spoiler!

Quote:
Oh renting Doom for PS4. I was at Cub and saw the kiosk so I thought I would check but it was out.

I think we are BbQing something and lots of drinking. I just got a new juicer and now making my margaritas will be a snap with this juicer.
I didn't know Redbox rents video games too. Been ages since I've used the box that is rojo.

Yeah, we're planning on lots of grilling and drinking. And hopefully some swimming too.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #20523 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 1963
Wife wants to take a day trip to Disney on Sunday,Not up for that at all
tenthplanet and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #20524 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 644
Quote:

Hope your son feels better!

I don't do Margaritas as much as we used to. Do you have a special recipe? My wife just liked the premade mix with 100% agave tequila. Was too sweet for me with the mix so I was forced to up the booze %.
Quote:

Spoiler!

I didn't know Redbox rents video games too. Been ages since I've used the box that is rojo.

Yeah, we're planning on lots of grilling and drinking. And hopefully some swimming too.
Love me some Jackie C!

I didn't know swimming pools are thawed out by May in MN?

We have a softball tournament this weekend but should still find time for grilling, swilling and a few horror flics.

My 10 year old is a pitcher on her team. She loves to throw and will throw the ball anywhere. We were at Play it again sports a while back and they put a video on their FB page of her pitching in their store.
Spoiler!

My Dedicated Home Theater Room

Last edited by GoCaboNow; 05-27-2016 at 03:39 PM.
post #20525 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I tried renting this from RB today but it was out. No matter now because my son rolled his ankle at school.
That sucks. On both counts.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #20526 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Spoiler!

Ha, my son is sometimes thinks he is auditioning for the next Jack Ass group.

Me too on the RB but maybe I can swing some games before I buy. I still might get Doom when it is on sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Yeah that place is going to be a Zoo! Even when I lived in CA my wife and I tried to avoid the busiest days at Disney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
Hope your son feels better!

I don't do Margaritas as much as we used to. Do you have a special recipe? My wife just liked the premade mix with 100% agave tequila. Was too sweet for me with the mix so I was forced to up the booze %.

Love me some Jackie C!

I didn't know swimming pools are thawed out by May in MN?

We have a softball tournament this weekend but should still find time for grilling, swilling and a few horror flics.

My 10 year old is a pitcher on her team. She loves to throw and will throw the ball anywhere. We were at Play it again sports a while back and they put a video of her pitching in their store.
Here is the Emeril's Margarita recipe we use. Kinda a pain in the butt but worth it! You can also make extra juice mix and freeze it for next time.

SAVED RECIPE
SAVE RECIPE
PRINT EMAIL
Total Time:
50 min
Prep:
15 min
Inactive:
30 min
Cook:
5 min

Yield:4 to 6 servings
Level:Easy
Ingredients
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 tablespoon lemon zest
8 lime wedges
1/2 cup coarse salt
1 cup ice
1 cup premium 100 percent agave tequila
3/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier or triple sec)
ADD CHECKED ITEMS TO GROCERY LIST
Directions
In a medium saucepan, combine the lime juice, lemon juice, water, pineapple juice, sugar, lime zest and lemon zest. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature and strain out the zests. (Can be made in advance and keep in a covered container in the refrigerator.)
Chill the margarita glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes. Place the coarse salt in a shall dish or saucer. Wet the rim of each with a lime wedge and dip the glass into the salt to coat.
In a cocktail shaker, combine the cooled citrus syrup with the ice, tequila and orange-flavored liqueur. Shake until frothy and well chilled, at least 1 minute. Strain into the prepared glasses and garnish each with a lime wedge.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2004

CATEGORIES: Tequila Beverage Margarita View All

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ml?oc=linkback
Quote:
That sucks. On both counts.
He is doing a lot better and his ankle swelling is almost gone. I rubbed some ointment on his ankle and now he is hobbling around the house with his iPad. He is ok and ready to go to the zoo.
GoCaboNow and stevew24963 like this.
post #20527 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Quote:
Ha, my son is sometimes thinks he is auditioning for the next Jack Ass group.

Me too on the RB but maybe I can swing some games before I buy. I still might get Doom when it is on sale.

Yeah that place is going to be a Zoo! Even when I lived in CA my wife and I tried to avoid the busiest days at Disney.

Here is the Emeril's Margarita recipe we use. Kinda a pain in the butt but worth it! You can also make extra juice mix and freeze it for next time.

SAVED RECIPE
SAVE RECIPE
PRINT EMAIL
Total Time:
50 min
Prep:
15 min
Inactive:
30 min
Cook:
5 min

Yield:4 to 6 servings
Level:Easy
Ingredients
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 tablespoon lemon zest
8 lime wedges
1/2 cup coarse salt
1 cup ice
1 cup premium 100 percent agave tequila
3/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier or triple sec)
ADD CHECKED ITEMS TO GROCERY LIST
Directions
In a medium saucepan, combine the lime juice, lemon juice, water, pineapple juice, sugar, lime zest and lemon zest. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature and strain out the zests. (Can be made in advance and keep in a covered container in the refrigerator.)
Chill the margarita glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes. Place the coarse salt in a shall dish or saucer. Wet the rim of each with a lime wedge and dip the glass into the salt to coat.
In a cocktail shaker, combine the cooled citrus syrup with the ice, tequila and orange-flavored liqueur. Shake until frothy and well chilled, at least 1 minute. Strain into the prepared glasses and garnish each with a lime wedge.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2004

CATEGORIES: Tequila Beverage Margarita View All

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ml?oc=linkback

He is doing a lot better and his ankle swelling is almost gone. I rubbed some ointment on his ankle and now he is hobbling around the house with his iPad. He is ok and ready to go to the zoo.
Glad he's getting up and around, I've been in his situation, other then it really hurts the hopping flamingo thing you have to do for a few days really slows you down.
Nice recipe!
BornSlippyZ likes this.

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
post #20528 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I would think the traffic getting there would be a major deterrent alone.

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
post #20529 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Saw X-Men: Apocalypse last night. Thought it as good as any Marvel film, probably tied with Captain America 2 and 3. See in ATMOS if you can and don't leave during the credits. If you just buy X-Men films you can safely put this one of your list.

post #20530 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Saw X-Men: Apocalypse last night. Thought it as good as any Marvel film, probably tied with Captain America 2 and 3. See in ATMOS if you can and don't leave during the credits. If you just buy X-Men films you can safely put this one of your list.

I really want to see this but I forgot my daughter is out of school. I might sneak out next week for an evening show.
post #20531 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I really want to see this but I forgot my daughter is out of school. I might sneak out next week for an evening show.
That would be a good time, with cheap gas around this weekend is going to be crazy traffic anyway. Or, is your daughter ready to be an X-Men fan, then it's family time
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #20532 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That would be a good time, with cheap gas around this weekend is going to be crazy traffic anyway. Or, is your daughter ready to be an X-Men fan, then it's family time

My daughter is a kindergarten going on to a high schooler lol! She wants to watch all the movies I take interest in. She likes Mystique because she beats up bad guys ha! I need to see if she can watch an Xmen movie without being scared or she might have to wait a few years.

Oh and she likes the new Ninja Turtles movie so I might take her to that. The first movie was pg13 but I watched it and I though it was a pg and she liked the movie.
post #20533 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 08:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1890 Post(s)
Liked: 2157
Quote:
unlike the Magic Kingdom,alcohol is served.😁

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Rookies. We got trashed three days in a row in MK.
ApolloCreed and stevew24963 like this.
post #20534 of 20933 Old 05-27-2016, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My daughter is a kindergarten going on to a high schooler lol! She wants to watch all the movies I take interest in. She likes Mystique because she beats up bad guys ha! I need to see if she can watch an Xmen movie without being scared or she might have to wait a few years.

Oh and she likes the new Ninja Turtles movie so I might take her to that. The first movie was pg13 but I watched it and I though it was a pg and she liked the movie.
The last TMNT was pretty good, father-daughter bonding with giant talking turtles, you can't beat it.
stevew24963 and BornSlippyZ like this.

post #20535 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 04:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Rookies. We got trashed three days in a row in MK.
Self service is the way to go.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
GoCaboNow likes this.
post #20536 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Quote:
Cheap gas? This is the time of year its price gets officially raised for the driving season (need THO to do something about that <angry>).

Took a quick road trip into Austin, TX with my daughter (we're coming right back in time for the "500" <rolleyes>). Petro was much cheaper down there; food was OK, though.
post #20537 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Southern states usually have cheaper prices in gas. CA has the most expensive gas and for high performance cars the 91 octane is garbage imo. The Midwest has cheap prices and decent gas. And if your high performance car can run on E85, they have that here as well.
post #20538 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 12:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1890 Post(s)
Liked: 2157
Epcot is super chilled out. Pretty nice.
ApolloCreed and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #20539 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

I meant to comment here on my experience watching The Entity. I haven't seen this flick in a long time and it is a truly scary film. Almost like Poltergeist 2.0 iirc this film was done either right when Poltergeist came out or shortly before, later released in 1983. Some of the effects show it age (matte painting) but damn even Stan Winston worked on the flesh effects and that is probably the most disturbing part.

I later looked up some info of the paranormal dr's investigation and it is pretty damn creepy that he witnessed and recorded (with lots of people in the room) some of the stuff in the film. He even went down the route of that the lady was disturbed/making the stuff up. She had a bad childhood and she had issues with her kids. The Dr. theorized that her emotional state and the house as a whole, emotional state caused the entity to come into our world. He even said it was possible that the lady was psychic and she didn't know how to deal with that world. Just freaky stuff in the case that has evidence of something going on in that home.
post #20540 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 903 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
I meant to comment here on my experience watching The Entity. I haven't seen this flick in a long time and it is a truly scary film. Almost like Poltergeist 2.0 iirc this film was done either right when Poltergeist came out or shortly before, later released in 1983. Some of the effects show it age (matte painting) but damn even Stan Winston worked on the flesh effects and that is probably the most disturbing part.

I later looked up some info of the paranormal dr's investigation and it is pretty damn creepy that he witnessed and recorded (with lots of people in the room) some of the stuff in the film. He even went down the route of that the lady was disturbed/making the stuff up. She had a bad childhood and she had issues with her kids. The Dr. theorized that her emotional state and the house as a whole, emotional state caused the entity to come into our world. He even said it was possible that the lady was psychic and she didn't know how to deal with that world. Just freaky stuff in the case that has evidence of something going on in that home.
Will watch tomorrow.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #20541 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I know folks here love A/V gear and there is a guy in the classifieds selling two JTR Captivator subs for $1400! That is a steal and those things play low and loud!
post #20542 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post
Cheap gas? This is the time of year its price gets officially raised for the driving season (need THO to do something about that <angry>).

Took a quick road trip into Austin, TX with my daughter (we're coming right back in time for the "500" <rolleyes>). Petro was much cheaper down there; food was OK, though.
If it wasn't for fracking and shale oil extraction, we would be paying a lot more.
And it's way cheaper than it was a couple of years ago.

post #20543 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I know folks here love A/V gear and there is a guy in the classifieds selling two JTR Captivator subs for $1400! That is a steal and those things play low and loud!
The AVS theater of the month 'The Hodor Theater' uses those. "The Horned One Approves". Better move quick tho he's checking his wallet , turns out you got some time THO is a little short, $1350 short If anybody owes THO money let this serve as your 15 min warning to RUN And don't forget to hide your good beer behind the Carlo Rossi jugs in the frig.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #20544 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
Quote:
If it wasn't for fracking...
You are begging to pick a fight.
post #20545 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The AVS theater of the month 'The Hodor Theater' uses those. "The Horned One Approves". Better move quick tho he's checking his wallet , turns out you got some time THO is a little short, $1350 short If anybody owes THO money let this serve as your 15 min warning to RUN And don't forget to hide your good beer behind the Carlo Rossi jugs in the frig.

I would love to have those but I think those are the work of THO. And I think it would tear my house apart!
post #20546 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
I'm watching Girl House on The Movie Channel right now. This one was one of my favorites from this October. IMHO it's very underrated. Well worth watching. Again.
post #20547 of 20933 Old 05-28-2016, 10:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3977 Post(s)
Liked: 8142
Quote:
You buying new subs, BSZ?

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #20548 of 20933 Old 05-29-2016, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You buying new subs, BSZ?

I wish! It is heck of a deal and I just wanted to share with you guys!
ApolloCreed likes this.
post #20549 of 20933 Old 05-29-2016, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 903 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Will watch tomorrow.
Just got done watching it. Enjoyed it! I think I liked it better than Poltergeist (1982). Pretty intense and scary throughout. Pretty crazy that it's based on something true.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #20550 of 20933 Old 05-29-2016, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
I would love to have those but I think those are the work of THO. And I think it would tear my house apart!
LOL, good one!
BornSlippyZ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page