October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 70 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 225Likes

post #2071 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the Gore And More! - 10 Movie Pack for $4 from Amazon to re-visit some oldies and see a few I'd never seen.

http://www.amazon.com/Gore-More-10-M...9467903&sr=1-1

The set includes:

Bad Taste Peter Jackson (1988) Color
The Bloody Brood Peter Falk (1959) B&W
Drive-In Massacre Jake Barnes (1974)
Don't Look In The Basement Rosie Holotik (1973)
Driller Killer Abel Ferrara (1979) Color
Night Train To Terror John Peter Law (1985) Color
The Pyx Christopher Plummer, Karen Black (1973) Color
Scream Bloody Murder Fred Holbert (1975) Color
Werewolf In A Girl's Dormitory Barbara Lass (1962) B&W
The Werewolf Vs. Vampire Women Paul Naschy (1971) Color

The box states that the movies have been "digitally remastered." By the look of them it looks like they used their digits to copy prints right off the worst quality, ancient VHS. Still, one gets that true dark, dreary drive-in feel.

October 24:
* Night Train To Terror (first time viewing) One of those anthology movies with three different stories. 80's schlockola. I give it 2 out of 10 because it has some claymation monsters. I have a soft spot for stop-motion and claymation.

* Drive-In Massacre (first time viewing) Hoo boy, could the print be any darker? This gets a 1 out of 10 if only for the great title.

* The Pyx (first time viewing) This was almost a real movie. It is more of a whodunit until the last 15 minutes or so. It was shot in Montreal. Karen Black is rather good as the doomed hooker. I give it a 4 out of 10.

I blame it all on Famous Monsters of Filmland!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
25. Night of the Demons. This is a pure 80s B-movie haunted house/possession horror with a touch of camp. The soundtrack is bliss for its time period, especially the intro tune. The term "cult horror" is exactly defined by this movie. I really like this one, because it actually has atmosphere and it's a bit brooding. Lots of memorable scenes, as well. Don't piss off Angela! 6/10.

26. Last House on the Left (original). SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the crappy-ass remake. I believe this is Wes' first movie (or close to). Shot with a tiny budget; it's still able to make a huge emotional and visceral impact. The movie still hits pretty hard, even watching it nearly 40 years later. The chainsaw starting up is when the climax really sets in. This movie shows the horridness of human nature, and does so very well without becoming tasteless. This is a classic in form. 7/10.

27. House II. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than House 1! This is a comedy/fantasy/horror/western (kinda) with some camp, and some successful humor! This is a great movie; I friggin love it. This is one you can surely watch with your kids as well. Bill Maher stars. Even the title rules-- "House II: The Second Story." Give this a blind watch with the family with the expactation that you are watching a PG horror-fantasy-comedy, and you're bound to be impressed. So glad I own this one. The original? BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This movie is actually part adventure as well. Don't let it pass by without seeing it. 6.5/10.
post #2073 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaira View Post

I bought the Gore And More! - 10 Movie Pack for $4 from Amazon to re-visit some oldies and see a few I'd never seen.

http://www.amazon.com/Gore-More-10-M...9467903&sr=1-1

The set includes:

Bad Taste Peter Jackson (1988) Color
The Bloody Brood Peter Falk (1959) B&W
Drive-In Massacre Jake Barnes (1974)
Don't Look In The Basement Rosie Holotik (1973)
Driller Killer Abel Ferrara (1979) Color
Night Train To Terror John Peter Law (1985) Color
The Pyx Christopher Plummer, Karen Black (1973) Color
Scream Bloody Murder Fred Holbert (1975) Color
Werewolf In A Girl's Dormitory Barbara Lass (1962) B&W
The Werewolf Vs. Vampire Women Paul Naschy (1971) Color

The box states that the movies have been "digitally remastered." By the look of them it looks like they used their digits to copy prints right off the worst quality, ancient VHS. Still, one gets that true dark, dreary drive-in feel.

Thanks. For $4 I couldn't pass it up.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #2074 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Date with a master last night. The Thing and Prince of Darkness. Also watched "Cameron's Closet." It sucked. A lot.
post #2075 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Oct. 22nd -

64. "Stranded" (Djinns) - "A platoon of French soldiers on a rescue mission in North Africa confront invisible evil creatures."

Extremely boring, not scary and should not be labeled a 'horror' movie... what a waste of my time.

65. "Zombie Anonymous" aka "Last Rites of the Dead" aka "Z.A. Zombies Anonymous" - "After being killed by her boyfriend, Angela, (Gina Ramsden) finds that she has been turned into a zombie. As the rest of the world is being confronted by the realization that zombies have become a part of life, Malcolm, (Constantine Taylor) and Ritchie, (J. Scott Green) are anxious to join The Gooch, (Gaetano Iacono) in an anti-zombie movement headed by The Commandant, (Christa McNamee) and after a meeting, are inducted into the movement. With the rest of the world starting to turn on the creatures for their condition, her friends in a zombie-support group grow increasingly restless with the hatred towards them, which is starting to affect their personal and professional lives. After being captured and sentenced to judgement by the anti-zombie movement, she is able to realize that there's nothing she can do to prevent others from accepting her position and eventually joins in on the zombie's freedom group to keep her rights together that she's earned."

New take on an old theme, Romero fan-boys may not like this take but I thought it was fresh and interesting. The zombies in "Zombie Anonymous" walk, talk, hold down jobs, etc. just like the living... only they are dead (and rotting). There are various groups with their own agenda; humans who hate zombies, zombies who just want to "live" and be left alone and zombies who discover that eating human flesh makes them feel better. Runs a little long but for a low budget 'B' flix it's actually done pretty well.

PooperScooper if you haven't seen this one you should check it out.

66. "The Reflection Skin" - "A young boy tries to cope with rural life circa 1950s and his fantasies become a way to interpret events. After his father tells him stories of vampires, he becomes convinced that the widow up the road is a vampire, and tries to find ways of discouraging his brother from seeing her. He must deal with an abusive mother, a father with a charge of molestation, a band of youths creating havoc, and an unforgiving environment in general."

This one is classified as a 'Drama/Horror/Thriller'... as a 'Drama/Thriller" it is a very good and interesting movie... as a 'Horror' movie it sucks.

2 as a horror movie but as a Drama/Thriller I'd give it a 3.75

Oct. 23rd -

67. "Jeepers Creepers II" - "Set a few days after the original, a championship basketball team's bus is attacked by The Creeper, the winged, flesh-eating terror, on the last day of his 23-day feeding frenzy."

Ok, I guess some may find this an interesting movie but for me.... it sucked!

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #2076 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post

25. Night of the Demons. This is a pure 80s B-movie haunted house/possession horror with a touch of camp. The soundtrack is bliss for its time period, especially the intro tune. The term "cult horror" is exactly defined by this movie. I really like this one, because it actually has atmosphere and it's a bit brooding. Lots of memorable scenes, as well. Don't piss off Angela! 6/10.

26. Last House on the Left (original). SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the crappy-ass remake. I believe this is Wes' first movie (or close to). Shot with a tiny budget; it's still able to make a huge emotional and visceral impact. The movie still hits pretty hard, even watching it nearly 40 years later. The chainsaw starting up is when the climax really sets in. This movie shows the horridness of human nature, and does so very well without becoming tasteless. This is a classic in form. 7/10.

27. House II. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than House 1! This is a comedy/fantasy/horror/western (kinda) with some camp, and some successful humor! This is a great movie; I friggin love it. This is one you can surely watch with your kids as well. Bill Maher stars. Even the title rules-- "House II: The Second Story." Give this a blind watch with the family with the expactation that you are watching a PG horror-fantasy-comedy, and you're bound to be impressed. So glad I own this one. The original? BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This movie is actually part adventure as well. Don't let it pass by without seeing it. 6.5/10.

The new remake of NOTD is pretty good too. It's on Instant if you like.
post #2077 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 329
I hate to let y'all down but the company I work for has canceled all the festivities planned for Halloween and I've been told it would be best if I did not proceed given the cancellation. I'm super bummed, I had a great plan for a car crashed through a fence and an overrun military zone with zombies and body parts galore. What a pisser.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #2078 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I hate to let y'all down but the company I work for has canceled all the festivities planned for Halloween and I've been told it would be best if I did not proceed given the cancellation. I'm super bummed, I had a great plan for a car crashed through a fence and an overrun military zone with zombies and body parts galore. What a pisser.

Sorry to hear that General K, what about setting it up a your home... I know I'd (and others I'm sure) would like to see what you were going to do.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #2079 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Last 2 flicks from the weekend......

21. Halloween (2007)- {4.25/5} Blu-ray This is the 3rd time I have watched this during Horrorfest (08, 09, 11) but this is the 1st time that I was able to directly compare it to the original. On the previous night, I watched the original all the way through for the first time since I was young, so it was basically like I was experiencing it for the first time. Comparing the two, I appreciate both of them for different reasons. The unexplained elements in the original make it scary because it leaves you to your imagination, while the development of Myers' character in the remake allow you to see the events that led to the final product of a full-blown serial killer. Without giving Carpenter the edge for creating the original and judging the two by my own opinions of what I like in a horror movie, I give the Zombie version a slight edge. I enjoyed how Zombie portrayed Myers as a budding psychopath who simply needed a few seemingly minor catalysts to get him to explode in unthinkable violence (makes you think about how many real-life serial killers had similar recipes to their madness). To see a child with a complete lack of regard for human life slowly develop into the "monster" that is Michael Myers is quite a thrill ride. In fact, I strongly prefer the first half of the movie to the second half when it turns into more of your run-of-the-mill slasher. Overall, I thoroughly enjoy this movie for what it is: a more detailed vision of a horror classic.

22. Ravenous (1999)- {4/5} DVD (First-time viewing) We didn't expect this movie to be what it was. I knew it dealt with cannibalism; however, that is where my research ended. Right off the bat, the music lets you know that this movie will have some tongue-in-cheek elements to it. Although subtle at times, the humor was very good and well-placed. On the horror side, we enjoyed the story as it was fairly original and very interesting. There was a lot of good gore and the performances were all solid. The use of background music throughout much of the final act definitely enhanced the build up before the final battle (which we enjoyed). The movie ended with a clever little ironic dilemma for our main character. I would definitely recommend this one for a change of pace on your lists.
post #2080 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

May I suggest taking things into your own hands at work and running with it anyway??

Seriously though, like Airboss suggested, maybe you could entertain your family/neighbors (and us, of course) with a home-version of your awesome theme. You already have the materials, no?
post #2081 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Kenobi say it aint so! I agree with Apollo, what's the worst that can happen?
Man you have to set it up somewhere. I would fly you over here to use my cube but they said it has to be "tasteful" lol

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #2082 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Kenobi thats a damn shame. I have never worked for a company that had anything like that, i always thought you were so lucky. Too bad.

never take life seriously
post #2083 of 10822 Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the support folks, I may try to set up a dumbed down version at home for a photo opp but too many items in the cons column to proceed as planned. The Director of Fraud Investigations (my boss) said it would be best if I did not do it since it was all canceled. As far as home I have two little ones that should not see what I had planned and the design was also somewhat dependent on 2 of the 3 cube walls to support the car and fencing and some office lighting that I was going to turn red. I know, it all blows but I have to cut my losses and return a few items then work with what I have so y'all can see the general idea.

My Rig

post #2084 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

post #2085 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

28. Videodrome. I'm not a big fan, but what we have here is an exceptional concept of censorship and sensationalism. The narrative held me at times, but other times I was getting a little bored and uninterested. Some great special effects to be found here, and at times it's a bit moody and brooding. Overall, I'm slightly on the positive side for this because I think the concept was better than what was displayed. Second viewing. 6.5/10.
post #2086 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 167
24. X: The Unknown (1956) (first-time viewing)
Two years before the Americans gave us "The Blob", those crafty British had already given us "X: The Unknown". The British army uncovers a mysterious fissure in the earth, which ultimately turns out to be home to a radioactive blob of mud that rises to gather energy and kill victims. This is science fiction that is pretty heavy on the science, to its detriment in fact--when I just wanted to the story to keep moving forward, there would always be a lengthy pause for explanations. All right, I get it, but let's get back to showing the blob melting people! Interesting to see a young Leo McKern at work.

Bob's A-Z 2011 Horror Movie Marathon
1. Antichrist
2. Burning Bright
3. The Crimson Cult
4. Dead of Night
5. Evil Dead 2
6. Frontier(s)
7. The Ghoul
8. Hidden (2009)
9. I Can See You
10. The Janitor
11. Kill Theory
12. The Last Exorcism
13. Midnight Meat Train
14. Night of the Living Dead
15. The Old Dark House
16. Popcorn
17. Queen of Blood
18. Rabid
19. Stake Land
20. Tales that Witness Madness
21. The Unborn
22. The Valley of Gwangi
23. The Wolfman (2010)
24. X: The Unknown

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
post #2087 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Last night's movie......

23. The Orphanage (2007)- {4.25/5} DVD (First-time viewing) This is a very unsettling story about an ex-orphan, who as an adult, moves her family into the house that used to be her childhood orphanage. When she plans on re-opening the orphange for handicapped youth, the spirits of the house begin to communicate with her son. This movie is extremely well done in all areas. There is little to no gore as the director chose to use atmosphere, exceptional acting and well-placed scares instead. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of watching this upstairs on the "B" system rather than get the full experience in the media room downstairs. The sound effects were still exceptional and among the best that I have heard in a horror movie though. Highly recommended.
post #2088 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the support folks, I may try to set up a dumbed down version at home for a photo opp but too many items in the cons column to proceed as planned. The Director of Fraud Investigations (my boss) said it would be best if I did not do it since it was all canceled. As far as home I have two little ones that should not see what I had planned and the design was also somewhat dependent on 2 of the 3 cube walls to support the car and fencing and some office lighting that I was going to turn red. I know, it all blows but I have to cut my losses and return a few items then work with what I have so y'all can see the general idea.

Aw, man! That does blow. I guess you were lucky to have it as long as it lasted. Ever consider decorating your porch or yard that way? No one to tell you what to do!

post #2089 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post

Aw, man! That does blow. I guess you were lucky to have it as long as it lasted. Ever consider decorating your porch or yard that way? No one to tell you what to do!

One of the other reasons he gave was that he didn't want the 2 little ones in the family to be exposed to daddy's "dark side"
post #2090 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

Last night's movie......

23. The Orphanage (2007)- {4.25/5} DVD (First-time viewing) This is a very unsettling story about an ex-orphan, who as an adult, moves her family into the house that used to be her childhood orphanage. When she plans on re-opening the orphange for handicapped youth, the spirits of house begin to communicate with her son. This movie is extremely well done in all areas. There is little to no gore as the director chose to use atmosphere, exceptional acting and well-placed scares instead. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of watching this upstairs on the "B" system rather than get the full experience in the media room downstairs. The sound effects were still exceptional and among the best that I have heard in a horror movie though. Highly recommended.

Too bad man, that is a reference bluray title and one of my favorites to boot. That is a 5 star movie for me all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post

My porch is small and I have to try to be considerate of little ones but I'd love to do a little walk through area with an age warning if I had the space.

October 24th:
The Descent: 5 stars - Another movie that I loved the first time I saw it but even more with age. Fantastic claustrophobic atmosphere and plenty of gore to spare. I love the non-theatrical ending as well, it's the only way to watch it. I have the AUS bluray and it is an exceptional transfer, I even prefer the more robust DTS-HD MA track to the US PCM.

For anyone who likes this movie and hasn't seen the blooper reel:

My Rig

post #2091 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:

That stinks!

October 24:

* Don't Look In The Basement (1973)
Should be called, "When Are They Going To Look In The Basement?" I haven't seen this since it first came out. Not too bad, if predictable. It took a l-o-n-g time before anyone looked in the basement. 3/10

* Werewolf In A Girl's Dormitory (aka Lycanthropus) (B&W, 1962) (first time viewing) This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Quite slow though. It is dubbed from Italian, but some of the actors are speaking English. Things pick up near the end. It stars handsome, blond actor, Carl Schell, brother of Maria and Maximilian. The very pretty female lead, Barbara Lass, was married to Roman Polanski. 3/10

post #2092 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

post #2093 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Finally got a chance to watch I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE - REMAKE today. First time watching the new one, i have seen the old one a few times.

New one on the looooong scene setting up the revenge leans a lot on control first before getting to sex compared to the first one, and once the revenge starts its really creative. I enjoyed it, although i would have like the revenge to have been longer and the rest shorter. Overall, i will give this 3.75 stars out of 5.

2011 October Ratings - 5 Star Scale
01- Return of the Swamp Thing - 2.5
02- Hostel - 5
03- Event Horizon - 3.5
04- Resident Evil: Apocalypse - 4.25
05- Sphere - 3.75
06- Wrong Turn 3 - 3
07- The Human Centipede - 3
08- Berlin Undead - 3
09- House of 1000 Corpses - 4.5
10- The Midnight Meat Train - 3.75
11- The Human Centipede II - 1.5
12- Aliens - 5
13- Grotesque - 4
14- The Cave - 1
15- The Thing (2011) - 4
16- Mutants - 4
17- Saw 7 (Saw 3D) - 5
18- [REC]2 - 3.5
19- Cloverfield - 4.25
20- Frontier(s) - 5
21- Rest Stop - 3
22- The Mist - 5
23- The Devils Rejects - 5
24- Martyrs - 4.5
25- I Spit On Your Grave (remake) - 3.75

post #2094 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 01:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1368811

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #2095 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1368811

Not a good time for me to try and squeeze in a new program but I may check OnDemand next month and see if I can catch it, sounds worth a look! I'm having a hard enough time juggling the horror films this month topped with American Horror Story, Dexter, Walking Dead, and Top Shot. And Modern Warfare 3 in just a couple weeks too [insert tacticool mall ninja nerd face]

October 25th:
Atrocious: 3 stars - Rented this from Vudu tonight and mostly enjoyed it. This is a Spanish film done in the shaky cam style. It started out interesting but started losing me with it's somewhat flat direction and shallow character development. The pacing just felt generally off as it didn't really flow, it went from 0-60 with a blink. That said once it was going it did have some good moments of great tension and a few good jumps. Ending was decent and while it may sound like I'm kinda down on the movie I did enjoy it and would recommend it for a rental. At only about 75 minutes it's worth the time.

My Rig

post #2096 of 10822 Old 10-25-2011, 11:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:

Not a good time for me to try and squeeze in a new program but I may check OnDemand next month and see if I can catch it, sounds worth a look! I'm having a hard enough time juggling the horror films this month topped with American Horror Story, Dexter, Walking Dead, and Top Shot. And Modern Warfare 3 in just a couple weeks too [insert tacticool mall ninja nerd face]

Understood.
I would be surprised if anyone posting on this thread WOULDN'T like this series...

BTW, my DVR is currently set up for Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Pawn Stars, True Blood (hiatus), Simpsons, and other stuff I can't recall off hand....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #2097 of 10822 Old 10-26-2011, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

25. YellowBrickRoad (2010) (first-time viewing)
I have to give YellowBrickRoad credit for at least trying to do something new with the "lost in the woods and something is OUT THERE" genre. The premise is kinda Blair-Witchy: in 1940, the population of an entire small town in New Hampshire walks into the woods and disappears without a trace. Present-day researchers follow their footsteps to try to find out what happened. I liked the creepy atmosphere, particularly the heavy use of 30's music eerily wafting through the dark forest, seemingly from nowhere. But the script just runs out of things for the characters to do after about an hour, and the ending is not just unsatisfying, but nonsensical--it seems more designed to be talked about than to actually resolve anything. YellowBrickRoad has occasional moments of brilliance, but ultimately the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.

Bob's A-Z 2011 Horror Movie Marathon
1. Antichrist
2. Burning Bright
3. The Crimson Cult
4. Dead of Night
5. Evil Dead 2
6. Frontier(s)
7. The Ghoul
8. Hidden (2009)
9. I Can See You
10. The Janitor
11. Kill Theory
12. The Last Exorcism
13. Midnight Meat Train
14. Night of the Living Dead
15. The Old Dark House
16. Popcorn
17. Queen of Blood
18. Rabid
19. Stake Land
20. Tales that Witness Madness
21. The Unborn
22. The Valley of Gwangi
23. The Wolfman (2010)
24. X: The Unknown
25. YellowBrickRoad

post #2098 of 10822 Old 10-26-2011, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

DEADGIRL - this was my movie this morning, quite a movie. Makes you wonder what you would do if you found your own DEADGIRL chained up somewhere, a DEADGIRL who isnt quite what she first appears to be!!!!!!

Controversial for sure, this is one good movie. If you have never seen this, you need to. I will give it 3.75 stars out of 5, almost gave it 4 stars, and i am not sure why i didnt. This star-rating stuff is tough, next year i might rate and review but not give stars.

2011 October Ratings - 5 Star Scale
01- Return of the Swamp Thing - 2.5
02- Hostel - 5
03- Event Horizon - 3.5
04- Resident Evil: Apocalypse - 4.25
05- Sphere - 3.75
06- Wrong Turn 3 - 3
07- The Human Centipede - 3
08- Berlin Undead - 3
09- House of 1000 Corpses - 4.5
10- The Midnight Meat Train - 3.75
11- The Human Centipede II - 1.5
12- Aliens - 5
13- Grotesque - 4
14- The Cave - 1
15- The Thing (2011) - 4
16- Mutants - 4
17- Saw 7 (Saw 3D) - 5
18- [REC]2 - 3.5
19- Cloverfield - 4.25
20- Frontier(s) - 5
21- Rest Stop - 3
22- The Mist - 5
23- The Devils Rejects - 5
24- Martyrs - 4.5
25- I Spit On Your Grave (remake) - 3.75
26- Deadgirl - 3.75

post #2099 of 10822 Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

29. Freddy vs Jason. This is a fun-fest. As far as the execution, this is totally a "Jason" movie more than a "Freddy" movie. Freddy's makeup and look finally went back to the way it should be, and not the hideous look from "New Nightmare." This movie also has one of the best Jason kills ever. People always say "Jason won!," but the fact that the ending is very ambiguous (it's totally a dream) means that no one really won, which gives the movie some interpretation value. This makes for a solid recommendation at 6.5/10.
post #2100 of 10822 Old 10-26-2011, 11:05 AM

October 25:

* Peter Jackson's Bad Taste (1987) (first time viewing) - This was OK. It had some fun moments and characters. Plenty of gore. I found it odd that there was not one female to be seen in the whole movie. I'm glad I watched it for curiosity's sake, but probably wouldn't bother again. (It does make me want to re-watch Dead Alive.) 6/10

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page