October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 700 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6652Likes

post #20971 of 21019 Old 07-24-2016, 06:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1898 Post(s)
Liked: 2166
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Not horror related but some cool announcements has been made at comic con. One report is that James Cameron said they have a 4K transfer for The Abyss ready for 4K early next year! That and man DC is coming hard with The Justice League, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad trailers! Marvel had a new trailer for Dr Strange as well!

I am also looking forward to seeing the new Blair Witch in September!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, looks like DC finally got their shirt together. Time to show these Marvel Dorks what's up.

BvS Extended Uncut Hyper Mega Fight Film is every bit equal to many of the Marvel ones.
ApolloCreed and BornSlippyZ like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20972 of 21019 Old 07-24-2016, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1406 Post(s)
Liked: 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Yeah, looks like DC finally got their shirt together. Time to show these Marvel Dorks what's up.

BvS Extended Uncut Hyper Mega Fight Film is every bit equal to many of the Marvel ones.

I am pleased that DC finally got their ish together! I am hoping to see the extended BvS on Tuesday. Which brings me to Sept, because tons of releases are coming out and money will be spent!

post #20973 of 21019 Old 07-24-2016, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1250 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
10 Horror Film Remakes You Didn't Know Were In The Works

stevew24963 and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #20974 of 21019 Old 07-24-2016, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Not horror but horrific is "Colonia" with Emma Watson ("Harry Potter"). It's based on the prison camp that ran for about 40 years in Chile and was hidden as a religious cult. It's on Netflix and at the box. Four peeled potatoes.
post #20975 of 21019 Old 07-24-2016, 02:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4004 Post(s)
Liked: 8278
Quote:
I am pleased that DC finally got their ish together! I am hoping to see the extended BvS on Tuesday. Which brings me to Sept, because tons of releases are coming out and money will be spent!

Whatcha getting in Sept? I looked and all I saw worth buying is Civil War. Just want to make sure I'm not over looking any good titles.

P.S. It's national tequila day. Salud.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila

Last edited by Waboman; 07-24-2016 at 02:54 PM.
post #20976 of 21019 Old 07-24-2016, 05:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Caught Ghostbusters today with the fam, pretty decent. Lots of laughs and should be a good foundation for future entries.

I'm not a SNL fan so am unfamiliar with Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon but they are very funny. Kate in particular was fabulous and I look forward to seeing it again for her.

The five year old loved Patty (Jones) and a particularly creepy scene featuring mannequins.

My two gripes are minor. The first is the modern comedy trope of narrating what you're doing, far too much of it but it's part of new way. Second was the standard reboot vs just making a damn sequel. Without spoiling it there was no passing of the torch and several major items from the original were redone. Had it fixed those it would be an excellent movie about people who bust ghosts.

I saw the internet hive mind hate wave for this movie and all that is silly. The effects were cool and right in line with the older films. At the end of the day I'm glad my little girl has a Ghostbuster movie while we wait for Spidergirl and Irongirl.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #20977 of 21019 Old 07-24-2016, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Whatcha getting in Sept? I looked and all I saw worth buying is Civil War. Just want to make sure I'm not over looking any good titles.

P.S. It's national tequila day. Salud.

Lets see, The Thing, Transformers: The Movie (both shout! releases), Civil War and I know there has to be more but I cannot remember.

Stand By Me, Remo Williams, Bride of the Re-Animator, The Shallows, Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure (2 movie), Cell, American Werewolf in London, Chopping Mall, Slugs and Neon Demon all come out in Sept!!!!

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; 07-24-2016 at 07:55 PM.
post #20978 of 21019 Old 07-24-2016, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Caught Ghostbusters today with the fam, pretty decent. Lots of laughs and should be a good foundation for future entries.

I'm not a SNL fan so am unfamiliar with Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon but they are very funny. Kate in particular was fabulous and I look forward to seeing it again for her.

The five year old loved Patty (Jones) and a particularly creepy scene featuring mannequins.

My two gripes are minor. The first is the modern comedy trope of narrating what you're doing, far too much of it but it's part of new way. Second was the standard reboot vs just making a damn sequel. Without spoiling it there was no passing of the torch and several major items from the original were redone. Had it fixed those it would be an excellent movie about people who bust ghosts.

I saw the internet hive mind hate wave for this movie and all that is silly. The effects were cool and right in line with the older films. At the end of the day I'm glad my little girl has a Ghostbuster movie while we wait for Spidergirl and Irongirl.

I had a friend that had a screener and he pretty much said the same thing, but he felt like they should have incorporated more of a family lineage with the new characters. Kinda like you said about it being a sequel. I think my daughter might like to see this but she has to see the first Ghostbusters.

post #20979 of 21019 Old 07-24-2016, 08:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I had a friend that had a screener and he pretty much said the same thing, but he felt like they should have incorporated more of a family lineage with the new characters. Kinda like you said about it being a sequel. I think my daughter might like to see this but she has to see the first Ghostbusters.

Just something to bridge the last ones to this one. It wouldn't have taken much and the mayor/EPA angle would have been perfect. That'll make sense once you see it.
post #20980 of 21019 Old 07-24-2016, 09:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Lets see, The Thing, Transformers: The Movie (both shout! releases), Civil War and I know there has to be more but I cannot remember.

Stand By Me, Remo Williams, Bride of the Re-Animator, The Shallows, Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure (2 movie), Cell, American Werewolf in London, Chopping Mall, Slugs and Neon Demon all come out in Sept!!!!

Oh yeah, I'll most definitely buy The Thing... again. I've bought that on VHS, laserdisc, blu-ray and now blu-ray again.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #20981 of 21019 Old 07-25-2016, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Oh yeah, I'll most definitely buy The Thing... again. I've bought that on VHS, laserdisc, blu-ray and now blu-ray again.
I think this edition is going to be great! I was on BD .com and the director of photography (me thinks) was actually commenting on the forum about all the features! I probably should have ordered this via amazon and saved a few dollars but ordering from Shout! I get a poster and the film 2 weeks early. September is going to be really fun!
post #20982 of 21019 Old 07-25-2016, 12:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I think this edition is going to be great! I was on BD .com and the director of photography (me thinks) was actually commenting on the forum about all the features! I probably should have ordered this via amazon and saved a few dollars but ordering from Shout! I get a poster and the film 2 weeks early. September is going to be really fun!
That's cool the director of photography was answering questions. I'm looking forward to this release. When They Live came out I ordered it thru Shout and got the poster. I checked on their website and The Thing poster is sold out. I'll preorder it from Amazon now. Plus I have Prime so free 2-day shipping. Getting it two weeks early is kinda cool tho.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #20983 of 21019 Old 07-25-2016, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That's cool the director of photography was answering questions. I'm looking forward to this release. When They Live came out I ordered it thru Shout and got the poster. I checked on their website and The Thing poster is sold out. I'll preorder it from Amazon now. Plus I have Prime so free 2-day shipping. Getting it two weeks early is kinda cool tho.
Sh!t, I just saw that they still had the posters this morning and now they don't! Word must of gotten out at SDCC!

I watched Star Trek Beyond and the movie was ok, not great but not bad. It was more action than old school Trek but they had some cool elements in it. Sound was on point in Atmos though and I will probably buy this bad boy because it will be awesome at home!
post #20984 of 21019 Old 07-26-2016, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Since it is kinda a slow day I was able to take in BvsS (extended) and I will say I thoroughly enjoyed this film! It has something in it for everyone and it is on the darker side. Music was fantastic and I loved the Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL mashup! Wonder Woman was my favorite music intro! Dare I say (imo) this was better than both Avengers films and I am a huge Marvel fan. Thankfully I started this movie a little after 830am because this movie was long but great!
post #20985 of 21019 Old 07-26-2016, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1881 Post(s)
Liked: 1978
Anyone get out to see Lights Out? I was hoping to get it in this weekend but the recovery isn't going so well. May have to wait a bit.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
post #20986 of 21019 Old 07-26-2016, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Anyone get out to see Lights Out? I was hoping to get it in this weekend but the recovery isn't going so well. May have to wait a bit.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ah man forget the movie and rest up! Hopefully nobody stresses you out at home so you can get better.

stevew24963 likes this.
post #20987 of 21019 Old 07-26-2016, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Not horror related but some cool announcements has been made at comic con. One report is that James Cameron said they have a 4K transfer for The Abyss ready for 4K early next year! That and man DC is coming hard with The Justice League, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad trailers! Marvel had a new trailer for Dr Strange as well!

I am also looking forward to seeing the new Blair Witch in September!

Saw the new Dr. Strange trailer, it's starting to look like Dr. Strange . Put The Abyss in a BD/BD 4 K combo pack and I'll definitely buy one.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
post #20988 of 21019 Old 07-26-2016, 08:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Sh!t, I just saw that they still had the posters this morning and now they don't! Word must of gotten out at SDCC!

I watched Star Trek Beyond and the movie was ok, not great but not bad. It was more action than old school Trek but they had some cool elements in it. Sound was on point in Atmos though and I will probably buy this bad boy because it will be awesome at home!
Watched Star Trek Beyond this evening. Tried going to the Atmos theater, but unbeknown by me, it's $5 Tuesdays there. They were sold out, sans a couple of front row seats. Was ready to implement plan B (IMAX) when the wife told me AT&T has BOGO movie tickets on Tuesdays. Only catch, neither the IMAX nor the Atmos theater is on their list. So we watched it in a regular ol' Regal. I liked the movie. Thought it had some great action. Will definitely rock when it comes out on blu.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #20989 of 21019 Old 07-27-2016, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Saw the new Dr. Strange trailer, it's starting to look like Dr. Strange . Put The Abyss in a BD/BD 4 K combo pack and I'll definitely buy one.
Dr Strange looks awesome and The Abyss was the icing on the cake for SDCC!

Quote:
Watched Star Trek Beyond this evening. Tried going to the Atmos theater, but unbeknown by me, it's $5 Tuesdays there. They were sold out, sans a couple of front row seats. Was ready to implement plan B (IMAX) when the wife told me AT&T has BOGO movie tickets on Tuesdays. Only catch, neither the IMAX nor the Atmos theater is on their list. So we watched it in a regular ol' Regal. I liked the movie. Thought it had some great action. Will definitely rock when it comes out on blu.
Is the $5 Tuesday at Rosemount Theater? I wish I paid attention because that would have been cool to save $6!

Oh well next time for when I see Blair Witch in Sept!

post #20990 of 21019 Old 07-27-2016, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Quote:

Is the $5 Tuesday at Rosemount Theater? I wish I paid attention because that would have been cool to save $6!

So, have either of you checked out the St Michael theater yet??
post #20991 of 21019 Old 07-27-2016, 11:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Dr Strange looks awesome and The Abyss was the icing on the cake for SDCC!

$5 any movie, all day. But the new releases sell out fast. You can preorder your tix online (didn't think of that). Thinking of seeing Jason Bourne in Atmos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
No, that's a hike. We've had baseball/basketball tournaments out that way. I have eaten at the Space Alien tho.
ApolloCreed and BornSlippyZ like this.

Last edited by Waboman; 07-27-2016 at 12:06 PM.
post #20992 of 21019 Old 07-27-2016, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
No not yet, but I have to wait till October when my mom comes back and watches the kids.

Not horror but related to Stranger Things in a way, Midnight Special is a good movie. It also filled with lots of bass and other great sounds!
ApolloCreed likes this.
post #20993 of 21019 Old 07-27-2016, 11:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sharknado week has begun. Watched Ice Sharks last night. It was surprisingly not bad. 3 Greenies.

tenthplanet and Ken.F like this.

Last edited by Waboman; 07-27-2016 at 02:55 PM.
post #20994 of 21019 Old 07-27-2016, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
10 Horror Film Remakes You Didn't Know Were In The Works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_RdtARb-hY
Some of this is intriguing but most just sound gawd awful! But you know what, I guess it will give us something to watch in future HorrorFests!
post #20995 of 21019 Old 07-27-2016, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Some of this is intriguing but most just sound gawd awful! But you know what, I guess it will give us something to watch in future HorrorFests!
I wouldn't mind seeing Scarlett Johanson in Creature From The Black Lagoon.
stevew24963 and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #20996 of 21019 Old 07-27-2016, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
$5 any movie, all day. But the new releases sell out fast. You can preorder your tix online (didn't think of that).
I wouldn't sit in a sold out show for any price.
post #20997 of 21019 Old 07-27-2016, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Scarlett Johanson in Creature From The Black Lagoon.
Oh yeah I will be watching that! She is currently starring in a sci/fi/action flick called 'Ghost in the Machine'. It is from the Japanese Manga and the animation has lots o'nudity so I hope Scar Jo is doing her best to get the movie right!
ApolloCreed likes this.
post #20998 of 21019 Old 07-27-2016, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
$5 any movie, all day. But the new releases sell out fast. You can preorder your tix online (didn't think of that). Thinking of seeing Jason Bourne in Atmos.

No, that's a hike. We've had baseball/basketball tournaments out that way. I have eaten at the Space Alien tho.
They have a Marcus cinema app that is decent. I order from that, and they scan my little apple pay wallet code for the movie. The atmos sound is on point in that theater though!

I watched a new NF film last night called 'They're Watching'. It is a found footage film and it is kinda slow to start. But the ending is pretty cool, even though some of the effects are low budget. Not a bad flick but entertaining enough to keep me up watching it.

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; 07-27-2016 at 02:02 PM.
post #20999 of 21019 Old 07-27-2016, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Watched The Reef (2010). It's s shark movie based on a true story. Worth a watch. Has some pretty intense moments.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_reef_2009/
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #21000 of 21019 Old 07-27-2016, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Sharknado week has begun. Watched Ice Sharks last night. It was surprisingly not bad. 3 Greenies.

They still haven't held a parade for Anthony Ferrante here (or over in Antioch) yet. Figured people could make shark floats and dress up a sharks.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion