October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 717 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 7055Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21481 of 21498 Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1263 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
The Clown flick is pretty elusive on NF, long wait status.
When it sits at the same boxes for several days in a row it's not getting rented. But I forgot to grab it when I was over at Fry's the other day because it was at the Walgreen's box a couple blocks away (and still there too).
Brian Conrad is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #21482 of 21498 Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,445
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1959 Post(s)
Liked: 2262
Even at 5 for the month at Shudder it's worth it for Father's Day and Murder Party alone.
darthrsg is online now  
post #21483 of 21498 Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM
Member
 
Espnetboy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Kenobi, awesome titling!
Espnetboy3 is offline  
post #21484 of 21498 Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,626
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4182 Post(s)
Liked: 8988
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
You could do worse. As Above, So Below was better.
Yeah, I liked As Above, So Below. Found I was thinking about it a couple days later too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
Yes, my crew refs high school football every Friday in a different city (we also do all the local JV and 9th grade games in town). This Friday we'll be in East Grand Forks, ND. I would say the furthest we travel from home is about 2.5 hours. That should be changing soon though as we got our first state football game last year (quarterfinal) and as we get more experience, the better chance we have of doing state championship games at US Bank Stadium.
How far away are you from the cities? US Bank Stadium is nice.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #21485 of 21498 Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barrel of Burning Trash On A Cold Skid Row Street
Posts: 11,445
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1959 Post(s)
Liked: 2262
Weatherman just told us to seek shelter, a massive sh*tstorm is outside, aka The Debate.
ApolloCreed and BornSlippyZ like this.
darthrsg is online now  
post #21486 of 21498 Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ApolloCreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 1,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
How far away are you from the cities? US Bank Stadium is nice.
I'm in Bemidji. So about 3.5 hours away. Still get down there frequently though, to see friends and family and go to games/shows/etc. I have a few friends who worked on the stadium and they were more than impressed with the end result. Haven't been there yet personally, but I'm fairly sure Vikes/Cowboys tickets are in my future for Dec 1.

OG October Horrorfest Contributor
ApolloCreed is offline  
post #21487 of 21498 Old Today, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 7,846
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 918 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
One day I'll ditch windows at home and go Linux. What flavor are you guys running?
I'm an Apple guy, been using Macs for 20 years. My streaming comes from my AppleTV (iTunes, Netflix, etc)


Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Sent From A Payphone Under A Bridge
LOL!


So since it's that time of year again, I'll try to come up with a list and most importantly I'll try to stick to it for 31 days! One thing for sure it'll start with 31, on oct. 1st My daughter will help she loves horror, and my wife will be pissed for the whole month.

__________
Nicolas.

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."- Victor Hugo.

Last edited by Morpheo; Today at 04:19 AM.
Morpheo is online now  
post #21488 of 21498 Old Today, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
asere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 206
I've been interested in Shudder but in standard PQ I'm sure it's horrible.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
asere is online now  
post #21489 of 21498 Old Today, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ApolloCreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 1,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post
I've been interested in Shudder but in standard PQ I'm sure it's horrible.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The Shudder Channel on Amazon is not SD. At least it doesn't appear to be. I haven't watched a Shudder movie yet, but the movies I've queued up say they are HD.

OG October Horrorfest Contributor
ApolloCreed is offline  
post #21490 of 21498 Old Today, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
asere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post
The Shudder Channel on Amazon is not SD. At least it doesn't appear to be. I haven't watched a Shudder movie yet, but the movies I've queued up say they are HD.
They are? Per Shudder they said it is only SD.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
asere is online now  
post #21491 of 21498 Old Today, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 6,276
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post
They are? Per Shudder they said it is only SD.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I don't know about through amazon but I used it last year, added the channel on my Roku and it was HD.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror: 
2012
2011
2010
2009
General Kenobi is online now  
post #21492 of 21498 Old Today, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
asere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post
I don't know about through amazon but I used it last year, added the channel on my Roku and it was HD.
Huh! I wonder why shudder says otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
asere is online now  
post #21493 of 21498 Old Today, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east
Posts: 2,497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Weatherman just told us to seek shelter, a massive sh*tstorm is outside, aka The Debate.
As they said in a Monty Python sketch..."Your dung sir"

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
tenthplanet is offline  
post #21494 of 21498 Old Today, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
asere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 206
I just in boxed Shudder and they confirmed their programming is not in hd.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
asere is online now  
post #21495 of 21498 Old Today, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,797
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 414
You guys that set up your movie list in advance amaze me, kudos to you!!!!

For me, still dealing with my wife's health problems plus her usual horror-o-phobia, i will watch what i can when i can and will probably since i have had very little enjoyment in the last 15 months be watching old favorite movies most of the time that i know i will love rather than take a chance on a new movie that i might not like. I am very tough with my taste on horror movies and like less movies than the average horror fan.

If anyone has any suggestions for some recent horror movies though that are full of torture and gore, give me the names and i might get to some of them!!! Oh, i am so perverted!!!

I am looking forward to October to really get some horror enjoyment into my life, there is no way i can make 31 movies like i have done (or come very close to) in some past years, but i will watch as many as i can. Some mornings (which are my best time to watch them) i will be watching Formula 1 races, practices, and qualifying so that always cuts into my time as they will be on the DVR and the DVR is where my wife sits and she always has a ton of fluff crap on it to watch so i have to watch it early while she is still in bed.

Whatever i get done though, i love doing this, i love reading what all you guys watch (and your reviews of those movies), and i enjoy this group a lot. Have fun everyone, October is almost here!!

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
post #21496 of 21498 Old Today, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
asere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
You guys that set up your movie list in advance amaze me, kudos to you!!!!

For me, still dealing with my wife's health problems plus her usual horror-o-phobia, i will watch what i can when i can and will probably since i have had very little enjoyment in the last 15 months be watching old favorite movies most of the time that i know i will love rather than take a chance on a new movie that i might not like. I am very tough with my taste on horror movies and like less movies than the average horror fan.

If anyone has any suggestions for some recent horror movies though that are full of torture and gore, give me the names and i might get to some of them!!! Oh, i am so perverted!!!

I am looking forward to October to really get some horror enjoyment into my life, there is no way i can make 31 movies like i have done (or come very close to) in some past years, but i will watch as many as i can. Some mornings (which are my best time to watch them) i will be watching Formula 1 races, practices, and qualifying so that always cuts into my time as they will be on the DVR and the DVR is where my wife sits and she always has a ton of fluff crap on it to watch so i have to watch it early while she is still in bed.

Whatever i get done though, i love doing this, i love reading what all you guys watch (and your reviews of those movies), and i enjoy this group a lot. Have fun everyone, October is almost here!!
I hope your wife feels better.
I recommend the Turkish film Baskin if you want to freak out.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
yankeeman likes this.
asere is online now  
post #21497 of 21498 Old Today, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 6,276
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post
I just in boxed Shudder and they confirmed their programming is not in hd.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Wow, that's news to me, I wonder if they walked that back since last year to save costs. Screambox is another you may want to check out, I recall that being good as well but the content volume was smaller than Shudder. Not sure if that has changed since last October but worth a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
You guys that set up your movie list in advance amaze me, kudos to you!!!!

For me, still dealing with my wife's health problems plus her usual horror-o-phobia, i will watch what i can when i can and will probably since i have had very little enjoyment in the last 15 months be watching old favorite movies most of the time that i know i will love rather than take a chance on a new movie that i might not like. I am very tough with my taste on horror movies and like less movies than the average horror fan.

If anyone has any suggestions for some recent horror movies though that are full of torture and gore, give me the names and i might get to some of them!!! Oh, i am so perverted!!!

I am looking forward to October to really get some horror enjoyment into my life, there is no way i can make 31 movies like i have done (or come very close to) in some past years, but i will watch as many as i can. Some mornings (which are my best time to watch them) i will be watching Formula 1 races, practices, and qualifying so that always cuts into my time as they will be on the DVR and the DVR is where my wife sits and she always has a ton of fluff crap on it to watch so i have to watch it early while she is still in bed.

Whatever i get done though, i love doing this, i love reading what all you guys watch (and your reviews of those movies), and i enjoy this group a lot. Have fun everyone, October is almost here!!
Glad you are still around man, sorry to hear the missus is still struggling. You can rent RZ's 31 on amazon right now for $10, not sure about disc availability but he usually brings the gore. Other than that I have been so out of the loop I don't have anything I can recommend.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror: 
2012
2011
2010
2009
General Kenobi is online now  
post #21498 of 21498 Old Today, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 6,276
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 596
On DVD and VOD 10/18

Warning! Trailer very NSFW... very


Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror: 
2012
2011
2010
2009
General Kenobi is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off