October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 734 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #21991 of 21993 Old Today, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked: 697
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Nice update of Horror flicks!

I still love The Entity and it is pretty disturbing today!

Not really Horror per se more SciFi but this could be good if it has the story/craziness of the anime and rated R.

I am keeping hopes in check.
As long as she wears the same, uh, outfit.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Sponsored Links
post #21992 of 21993 Old Today, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post
21. Rob Zombie's 31 (FTV)
A ragtag band of carnies on Halloween night 1976 are thrown into a deadly competition to survive against psychopathic human hunters dressed as clowns. After pushing himself artistically in "Lords of Salem", Rob Zombie has scaled back his ambitions here and deals a more conventional formulaic horror story, the kind we've been seeing since "The Most Dangerous Game", "The Running Man", and dare I say it, "The Hunger Games". However, this is very much a Rob Zombie film, so if you like stuff like "The Devil's Rejects", you're going to have a great time with this one, despite the lack of novelty. Shot in just 20 days, "31" is lean and mean, loaded with characters and psychos, chock full of profanity and brutal violence, and Zombie reliably delivers the goods. A particular highlight is the nefarious character of Doom Head, who makes Heath Ledger's Joker seem like a perfect gentleman. No new ground is broken in the film, but that's okay. I suspect Zombie may be turning into the Woody Allen of horror films: he keeps chugging out stylish, reliable quality entertainment to a group of appreciative fans.

3.5 out of 5 stars.

Ordered 31 through Amazon last night. We have 30 days to watch it, so the plan is to pair it with HOTC on Halloween Night.

OG October Horrorfest Contributor
post #21993 of 21993 Old Today, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1051 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Giving away some UltraViolet codes. I can't use them as I am not in the US. Some have expired and might not work.

BornSlippyZ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion