October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 749 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 8314Likes
post #22441 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1241
I know there are some StarWars fans here so you guys get you Rogue One tickets yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22442 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Man Don't Breath is the business! Also the sound design is top notch! Bass heads will love this film as well!

No SHEET!
I watched this last night. Crazy bass in this. Well done flic over all. There are a few logic gaps, but over all pretty fun. However, if the blind guy invites you over for turkey dinner - DO NOT let him baste the turkey.
Quote:
I know there are some StarWars fans here so you guys get you Rogue One tickets yet?

We will probably wait a little further into Christmas break. I still have bad memories of standing in line to see the original when I was a kid. Like where the line zig zags around the parking lot to behind the theater. We are pretty primitive here. We don't even have 45 minute markers for where you are in line.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
post #22443 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Looks like Blair Witch (2016) is getting Atmos treatment for the home release.

Quote:
The Blu-ray Disc of Blair Witch will feature a Dolby Atmos soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead.
http://dailydead.com/blair-witch-blu...ils-cover-art/
post #22444 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
No SHEET!
I watched this last night. Crazy bass in this. Well done flic over all. There are a few logic gaps, but over all pretty fun. However, if the blind guy invites you over for turkey dinner - DO NOT let him baste the turkey.

We will probably wait a little further into Christmas break. I still have bad memories of standing in line to see the original when I was a kid. Like where the line zig zags around the parking lot to behind the theater. We are pretty primitive here. We don't even have 45 minute markers for where you are in line.

Lol that turkey baster! I am going to see if my wife wants to see this tomorrow. I will probably buy Dont Breath because the movie and sound were great!

Yeah passed in getting IMAX tickets just because I want to hear Rogue One in Atmos. I went to my local cinema and bought two tickets for the 19th. My dad had to wait for a sitter for me (I was 1.5 years of age), so he didn't see StarWars till next week and the lines were long! He later took me at the drive in the next week.

I also saw The Arrival today, good movie and it makes you think about how we view time. Or the passage of ones time.

post #22445 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:
Lol that turkey baster! I am going to see if my wife wants to see this tomorrow. I will probably buy Dont Breath because the movie and sound were great!

Yeah passed in getting IMAX tickets just because I want to hear Rogue One in Atmos. I went to my local cinema and bought two tickets for the 19th. My dad had to wait for a sitter for me (I was 1.5 years of age), so he didn't see StarWars till next week and the lines were long! He later took me at the drive in the next week.

I also saw The Arrival today, good movie and it makes you think about how we view time. Or the passage of ones time.

How did you like that part at the end of Arrival when you find out the timeline wasn't what you thought it was. .
BornSlippyZ likes this.

"Oooh a puzzle box, I love puzzles"/ "Are you familiar with 'The Lament Configuration"/ "Actually I'm lousy at puzzles..."
post #22446 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Preorder your Phantasm sphere Christmas ornament. This thing is pretty cool. Unfortunately it doesn't ship until Jan. 2017. I'd keep my tree up just to hang it on there.
Spoiler!
But it doesn't play the theme or does it

"Oooh a puzzle box, I love puzzles"/ "Are you familiar with 'The Lament Configuration"/ "Actually I'm lousy at puzzles..."
post #22447 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
No SHEET!

Down here, where reserved seats are becoming the norm, there are still a few people who don't like it. We'll happy ship them to the back of that lonnnnnn-ggggg line.

post #22448 of 22452 Unread Today, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
How did you like that part at the end of Arrival when you find out the timeline wasn't what you thought it was. .

Yeah it was pretty cool! Although seeing her go through that with her child was tough. But like her I would choose that path.

I preordered that movie and it looks like it will be a fantastic watch on BD or 4K.

Oh guys I forgot 15 minutes of Alien Covenant was screened in NYC. I read good things like gory, nods to Aliens and horrifying hard R rated! This is probably most anticipated film of 2017!

Watching Spectral on NF and it is a decent flick!

GoCaboNow likes this.

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; Today at 12:16 PM.
post #22449 of 22452 Unread Today, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked: 668
"Spectral" on Netflix was more sci-fi than horror. I was not that impressed and not much of a storyline mainly action. This is what our increased fees are paying for?
GoCaboNow and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #22450 of 22452 Unread Today, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
"Spectral" on Netflix was more sci-fi than horror. I was not that impressed and not much of a storyline mainly action. This is what our increased fees are paying for?
Yes and no. Spectral wasn't make for Netflix per se. Netflix picked it up as a distributor, the film was made with theatrical release in mind.
Prices on every thing are going up.
GoCaboNow likes this.

post #22451 of 22452 Unread Today, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lol, yeah the story isn't the best but I enjoyed it!

Netflix maybe needs to buy the rights to DeadSpace and make some really good Sci-fi Horror!

GoCaboNow likes this.
post #22452 of 22452 Unread Today, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Yes and no. Spectral wasn't make for Netflix per se. Netflix picked it up as a distributor, the film was made with theatrical release in mind.
Prices on every thing are going up.
Quote:
Lol, yeah the story isn't the best but I enjoyed it!

Netflix maybe needs to buy the rights to DeadSpace and make some really good Sci-fi Horror!

I did Spectral last night. I thought there was a lot to like with the setup, cast, effects and locations. It was just lacking a visceral, gritty or horror element. It kind of felt more like a broadcast tv show. I liked the feeling of horror in the first DeadSpace animated movie. Add that to Spectral and you have a winner.

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion