October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 749 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 8314Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #22441 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,676
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1241
I know there are some StarWars fans here so you guys get you Rogue One tickets yet?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BornSlippyZ is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22442 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GoCaboNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,851
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Man Don't Breath is the business! Also the sound design is top notch! Bass heads will love this film as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No SHEET!
I watched this last night. Crazy bass in this. Well done flic over all. There are a few logic gaps, but over all pretty fun. However, if the blind guy invites you over for turkey dinner - DO NOT let him baste the turkey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
I know there are some StarWars fans here so you guys get you Rogue One tickets yet?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will probably wait a little further into Christmas break. I still have bad memories of standing in line to see the original when I was a kid. Like where the line zig zags around the parking lot to behind the theater. We are pretty primitive here. We don't even have 45 minute markers for where you are in line.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

Location: Beaverton, Oregon
My Dedicated Home Theater Room
GoCaboNow is online now  
post #22443 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 3,218
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Looks like Blair Witch (2016) is getting Atmos treatment for the home release.

Quote:
The Blu-ray Disc of Blair Witch will feature a Dolby Atmos soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead.
http://dailydead.com/blair-witch-blu...ils-cover-art/
Kain is offline  
post #22444 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,676
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
No SHEET!
I watched this last night. Crazy bass in this. Well done flic over all. There are a few logic gaps, but over all pretty fun. However, if the blind guy invites you over for turkey dinner - DO NOT let him baste the turkey.

We will probably wait a little further into Christmas break. I still have bad memories of standing in line to see the original when I was a kid. Like where the line zig zags around the parking lot to behind the theater. We are pretty primitive here. We don't even have 45 minute markers for where you are in line.


Lol that turkey baster! I am going to see if my wife wants to see this tomorrow. I will probably buy Dont Breath because the movie and sound were great!

Yeah passed in getting IMAX tickets just because I want to hear Rogue One in Atmos. I went to my local cinema and bought two tickets for the 19th. My dad had to wait for a sitter for me (I was 1.5 years of age), so he didn't see StarWars till next week and the lines were long! He later took me at the drive in the next week.

I also saw The Arrival today, good movie and it makes you think about how we view time. Or the passage of ones time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BornSlippyZ is online now  
post #22445 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 2,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Lol that turkey baster! I am going to see if my wife wants to see this tomorrow. I will probably buy Dont Breath because the movie and sound were great!

Yeah passed in getting IMAX tickets just because I want to hear Rogue One in Atmos. I went to my local cinema and bought two tickets for the 19th. My dad had to wait for a sitter for me (I was 1.5 years of age), so he didn't see StarWars till next week and the lines were long! He later took me at the drive in the next week.

I also saw The Arrival today, good movie and it makes you think about how we view time. Or the passage of ones time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did you like that part at the end of Arrival when you find out the timeline wasn't what you thought it was. .
BornSlippyZ likes this.

"Oooh a puzzle box, I love puzzles"/ "Are you familiar with 'The Lament Configuration"/ "Actually I'm lousy at puzzles..."
tenthplanet is online now  
post #22446 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 2,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Preorder your Phantasm sphere Christmas ornament. This thing is pretty cool. Unfortunately it doesn't ship until Jan. 2017. I'd keep my tree up just to hang it on there.
Spoiler!
But it doesn't play the theme or does it

"Oooh a puzzle box, I love puzzles"/ "Are you familiar with 'The Lament Configuration"/ "Actually I'm lousy at puzzles..."
tenthplanet is online now  
post #22447 of 22452 Unread Yesterday, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 2,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
No SHEET!
I watched this last night. Crazy bass in this. Well done flic over all. There are a few logic gaps, but over all pretty fun. However, if the blind guy invites you over for turkey dinner - DO NOT let him baste the turkey.

We will probably wait a little further into Christmas break. I still have bad memories of standing in line to see the original when I was a kid. Like where the line zig zags around the parking lot to behind the theater. We are pretty primitive here. We don't even have 45 minute markers for where you are in line.
Down here, where reserved seats are becoming the norm, there are still a few people who don't like it. We'll happy ship them to the back of that lonnnnnn-ggggg line.

"Oooh a puzzle box, I love puzzles"/ "Are you familiar with 'The Lament Configuration"/ "Actually I'm lousy at puzzles..."
tenthplanet is online now  
post #22448 of 22452 Unread Today, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,676
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1241
October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
How did you like that part at the end of Arrival when you find out the timeline wasn't what you thought it was. .


Yeah it was pretty cool! Although seeing her go through that with her child was tough. But like her I would choose that path.

I preordered that movie and it looks like it will be a fantastic watch on BD or 4K.

Oh guys I forgot 15 minutes of Alien Covenant was screened in NYC. I read good things like gory, nods to Aliens and horrifying hard R rated! This is probably most anticipated film of 2017!

Watching Spectral on NF and it is a decent flick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoCaboNow likes this.

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; Today at 12:16 PM.
BornSlippyZ is online now  
post #22449 of 22452 Unread Today, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 6,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked: 668
"Spectral" on Netflix was more sci-fi than horror. I was not that impressed and not much of a storyline mainly action. This is what our increased fees are paying for?
GoCaboNow and BornSlippyZ like this.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #22450 of 22452 Unread Today, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 2,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
"Spectral" on Netflix was more sci-fi than horror. I was not that impressed and not much of a storyline mainly action. This is what our increased fees are paying for?
Yes and no. Spectral wasn't make for Netflix per se. Netflix picked it up as a distributor, the film was made with theatrical release in mind.
Prices on every thing are going up.
GoCaboNow likes this.

"Oooh a puzzle box, I love puzzles"/ "Are you familiar with 'The Lament Configuration"/ "Actually I'm lousy at puzzles..."
tenthplanet is online now  
post #22451 of 22452 Unread Today, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BornSlippyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota!
Posts: 3,676
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
"Spectral" on Netflix was more sci-fi than horror. I was not that impressed and not much of a storyline mainly action. This is what our increased fees are paying for?


Lol, yeah the story isn't the best but I enjoyed it!

Netflix maybe needs to buy the rights to DeadSpace and make some really good Sci-fi Horror!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoCaboNow likes this.
BornSlippyZ is online now  
post #22452 of 22452 Unread Today, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
GoCaboNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,851
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
"Spectral" on Netflix was more sci-fi than horror. I was not that impressed and not much of a storyline mainly action. This is what our increased fees are paying for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Yes and no. Spectral wasn't make for Netflix per se. Netflix picked it up as a distributor, the film was made with theatrical release in mind.
Prices on every thing are going up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Lol, yeah the story isn't the best but I enjoyed it!

Netflix maybe needs to buy the rights to DeadSpace and make some really good Sci-fi Horror!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did Spectral last night. I thought there was a lot to like with the setup, cast, effects and locations. It was just lacking a visceral, gritty or horror element. It kind of felt more like a broadcast tv show. I liked the feeling of horror in the first DeadSpace animated movie. Add that to Spectral and you have a winner.

Location: Beaverton, Oregon
My Dedicated Home Theater Room
GoCaboNow is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off