October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 197Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #211 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake), that was the movie i just watched on day six. I like remakes, this was done well. I learned three things, one is that a meat hook is a great place to hang up a person, a chainsaw is awesome when you want to cut a limb off, and Jessica Biel has one dynomite body.

Well, i guess i knew all three before the movie, but i enjoyed it anyway.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Member
 
ssbn733mt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake), that was the movie i just watched on day six. I like remakes, this was done well. I learned three things, one is that a meat hook is a great place to hang up a person, a chainsaw is awesome when you want to cut a limb off, and Jessica Biel has one dynomite body.

Well, i guess i knew all three before the movie, but i enjoyed it anyway.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

I watched the remake on Saturday. I really liked it in theaters but I do find myself liking it a little less with each viewing. Your certainly right about those things especially #3... she was an absolutely smoking bod. Anyway watched Event Horizon last night. I really enjoy that movie and it's the one thing Anderson did mostly right.

XBL Gamertag: Shovelbum
PSN ID: Shovelbum
ssbn733mt is offline  
post #213 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbn733mt View Post

I watched the remake on Saturday. I really liked it in theaters but I do find myself liking it a little less with each viewing. Your certainly right about those things especially #3... she was an absolutely smoking bod. Anyway watched Event Horizon last night. I really enjoy that movie and it's the one thing Anderson did mostly right.

I feel the same way about the Chainsaw movie.

Also looking forward to Event Horizon, thats such a good movie, but its not for a couple of weeks if i stick to the order of my list, which i am trying to do. I am nuts, when i posted the lists, i said they arent in any order, then i decided to keep that order as if it had some meaning.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
post #214 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
IAM4UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: United States
Posts: 6,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Watched "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" for the first time yesterday. It was on bluray, but the image and sound quality do not really benefit from the HD treatment. Regardless, that's some serious horror right there. The scene the director described as "the most disturbing" to him was also the most disturbing to me. Truly horrifying.

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
IAM4UK is online now  
post #215 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
ApolloCreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I agree with the comments about Event Horizon. Very good movie indeed.

Finally got an opportunity to get started with posting my reviews/listing after returning from vacation and getting caught up with all things work-related. Strangely enough, I did get 5 movies down within the first 5 days. I used to think it was insane to consider doing the full 31, but it appears there may be some hope.

I talked to the wife and we decided to go with Trick R Treat tonight! Very excited after reading all the positive reviews!
ApolloCreed is offline  
post #216 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Thanks for the feedback on Trick R Treat Airboss... can't wait to watch that one tonight! I'm a big True Blood fan, I like Anna Paquin and I could of sworn I saw the beautiful Leslie Bibb in a trailer too?

I watched The Descent last night... seen it several times but that is just an excellent movie. My wife was watching some of it with me and said she still thinks it's one of the scariest movies made. (She also is claustrophobic).

I added TCM to my list as well, I heard the BD transfer is really good so I want to check it out.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is online now  
post #217 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
ApolloCreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McLaughlin View Post

Has anyone seen "The Girl Next Door" (2007 horror movie, not the 2004 comedy) yet? I've been hearing pretty good stuff about this one, is it worth a rental?

This one is as disturbing as they come. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also believe it's based on a true story. My wife and I rented it last year sometime(based on a few recommendations on this forum) and we made the mistake of inviting her cousin over to watch it with us. It's a good thing that she enjoys "sick and twisted" as much as we do; otherwise it would have been difficult to explain ourselves and our "taste" in movies. Either way, we were still slightly embarrassed.
ApolloCreed is offline  
post #218 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

This one is as disturbing as they come. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also believe it's based on a true story. My wife and I rented it last year sometime(based on a few recommendations on this forum) and we made the mistake of inviting her cousin over to watch it with us. It's a good thing that she enjoys "sick and twisted" as much as we do; otherwise it would have been difficult to explain ourselves and our "taste" in movies. Either way, we were still slightly embarrassed.

Yes it is. See this thread "Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door" and this thread "An American Crime -True Crime Horror" for more info.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
Airboss is offline  
post #219 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Bruuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I saw Trick 'r Treat today and like someone else said, it was over way too soon. It was great holiday film that I will be watching every year. Is it too premature to ask for a decent sequel?
Bruuce is offline  
post #220 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post

Yes it is. See this thread "Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door" and this thread "An American Crime -True Crime Horror" for more info.

Yes, i have always said i was totally un-disturbable, but this movie was the first and remains the only movie that has ever actually disturbed me!

And i watch the most incredible horror movies. There is just something about this one.............THE GIRL NEXT DOOR.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
post #221 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Yes, i have always said i was totally un-disturbable, but this movie was the first and remains the only movie that has ever actually disturbed me!

And i watch the most incredible horror movies. There is just something about this one.............THE GIRL NEXT DOOR.

Ok, À l'intérieur (Inside) has to rank up there as well... not very scary but that movie left a scar on me, seriously f*d up!

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is online now  
post #222 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
wizzack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 123
to Apollo & lugnutx & anyone else who's just updating their one post: please keep checking in so we don't forget to check out your lists. I know sometimes I lose track and definitely want to keep up on the stuff we're all watching.

Tonight I watched my first Jesus Franco film and boy was it a doozy. ha! Can't wait to see Trick r Treat too.

I think this weekend I'll have a mini "Zombies VS Cannibals" marathon.

The above post is 100% medically accurate

 

31 Days of Horror:

2013

2012
2011
2010
2009
2008

wizzack is offline  
post #223 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

to Apollo & lugnutx & anyone else who's just updating their one post: please keep checking in so we don't forget to check out your lists. I know sometimes I lose track and definitely want to keep up on the stuff we're all watching.

That's exactly why I like to see each days movies posted as watched (and you also update your Oct list), you don't have to keep opening extra pages to see what's been watched.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
Airboss is offline  
post #224 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Just finished watching Trick R Treat, what a fun movie! Total bs that this never saw a theatrical release given all the garbage that does. Good stuff and the score was great.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is online now  
post #225 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oct 6th-

21. "Rise of Darkness" - "When a boy bands lead singer mysteriously diappears the media says that he ran away because he could not handle the fame, but really the other band members killed him and have hidden their identities as undead from every one. With an "American Idol" type audtition they remaining band members choose a new guy to fill the place. Now he must go to an isolated mansion to be initiated, but soon learns what the others really are and decides he would rather not be party of the band. "

Aboslutely, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst Zombie movie I've ever seen. Actually it's probably the worst movie I've ever seen.

22. "Zombieland" - "In the horror comedy Zombieland focuses on two men who have found a way to survive a world overrun by zombies."

What better way to follow the worst Zombie movie than by seeing one of the best Zombie movies!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1) Cardio
2) Double Tap
3) Beware of Bathrooms
4) Seatbelts
5)
6) Cast Iron Skillet
7) Travel Light
8)
9)
10)
11)
12) Bounty Paper Towels
13)
14)
15) Bowling Ball
16)
17) Don't be a hero (Be a hero)
18) Limber Up
19)
20)
21)
22) When in doubt, know your way out
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29) Buddy System
30)
31) Always check the back seat
32) Enjoy the little things
33) Swiss Army Knife


Best of the day: Zombieland

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
Airboss is offline  
post #226 of 10762 Old 10-06-2009, 11:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Ok, so Trick R Treat ended early enough that I had time for another (double feature) so I watched Deadgirl. Good grief, this was sick and so freakin wrong on so many levels I can't believe someone even thought of it... wow. It was original and well done but I did not find it scary and would say this is very disturbing and not for everyone.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is online now  
post #227 of 10762 Old 10-07-2009, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Ok, so Trick R Treat ended early enough that I had time for another (double feature) so I watched Deadgirl. Good grief, this was sick and so freakin wrong on so many levels I can't believe someone even thought of it... wow. It was original and well done but I did not find it scary and would say this is very disturbing and not for everyone.

Yep, I know what you mean, my comments were:

Deadgirl - Dark, Disgusting and Troubling!

"Disgusting, yes! Troubling, yes! Horror movie, no! Comment on society, yes!"


Love the originality though.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
Airboss is offline  
post #228 of 10762 Old 10-07-2009, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bob McLaughlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 167
I'm bummed out, I went to several stores and could not find "Trick 'r Treat" on any shelves! It must have sold out pretty quickly. Several of the people at the stores said "You're the 4th person who asked about that movie today!" Guess I should have stuck with an online purchase...

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
Bob McLaughlin is offline  
post #229 of 10762 Old 10-07-2009, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bob McLaughlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 167
I'm going to experiment with a new format. I'll review the most recent movie(s) and then include the whole list in a much smaller font below. That way my original list won't get "stranded" back on page 6!

2009 Horror Movie Marathon List:
1. The Golem
2. Onibaba
3. Fire in the Sky
4. Abbot & Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
5. Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer
6. Ju-On

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
Bob McLaughlin is offline  
post #230 of 10762 Old 10-07-2009, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Day 7, and i watched number 7 this morning - IMPRINT, from the Showtime Masters of Horror Series, a fine series in general. What i like about this series is that they are about an hour long, a perfect length for someone with adult ADD like me!

I loved Imprint, this one was originally deemed un-showable on american tv even by Showtime, i dont know if it was ever shown. Besides some good torture and a twist, it had some disturbing stuff in it and hit on a very touchy subject with a lot of people. Its another of those that you need to see if you havent.

Hey, i did a blind buy of Deadgirl on Amazon, after reading what was posted here and then reading the customer reviews on Amazon, i decided to give it a try. I used to do a lot of blind buys, but got burned too many times, so now i rarely do it, but this one seems like it should be good.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
post #231 of 10762 Old 10-07-2009, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post

Yep, I know what you mean, my comments were:

Deadgirl - Dark, Disgusting and Troubling!

"Disgusting, yes! Troubling, yes! Horror movie, no! Comment on society, yes!"


Love the originality though.

Totally agree on all of the above.

Bob - If you can find Trick R Treat grab it, I agree with Airboss that it is worth a blind buy and I expect I will add it to my collection once the used copies start showing up on amazon marketplace.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is online now  
post #232 of 10762 Old 10-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
ApolloCreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Okay, we were pissed off to find out that we will not be receiving Trick R Treat from Blockbuster until Thursday. Our local BB didn't have it so my wife settled on getting The Unborn instead. The stellar review for that was added to my list tonight.

On a side note, where did those of you who have seen it, get a hold of Suspiria? It looks like a good candidate for my list but Blockbuster doesn't have it listed on their site at all. I saw that it's on Amazon, but I wasn't necessarily planning on buying it.
ApolloCreed is offline  
post #233 of 10762 Old 10-07-2009, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

Okay, we were pissed off to find out that we will not be receiving Trick R Treat from Blockbuster until Thursday. Our local BB didn't have it so my wife settled on getting The Unborn instead. The stellar review for that was added to my list tonight.

On a side note, where did those of you who have seen it, get a hold of Suspiria? It looks like a good candidate for my list but Blockbuster doesn't have it listed on their site at all. I saw that it's on Amazon, but I wasn't necessarily planning on buying it.


Netflix has Suspiria.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
Airboss is offline  
post #234 of 10762 Old 10-07-2009, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed View Post

Okay, we were pissed off to find out that we will not be receiving Trick R Treat from Blockbuster until Thursday. Our local BB didn't have it so my wife settled on getting The Unborn instead. The stellar review for that was added to my list tonight.

On a side note, where did those of you who have seen it, get a hold of Suspiria? It looks like a good candidate for my list but Blockbuster doesn't have it listed on their site at all. I saw that it's on Amazon, but I wasn't necessarily planning on buying it.

Blockbuster shows Suspiria and Dead Alive with very long waits but I've seen both in my local Hollywood Video so you can check there if you have one near by (they usually have a better selection than BB IMO).

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is online now  
post #235 of 10762 Old 10-07-2009, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oct 7th-

23. "Drag Me to Hell - Unrated" - "A loan officer ordered to evict an old woman from her home finds herself the recipient of a supernatural curse, which turns her life into a living hell. Desperate, she turns to a seer to try and save her soul, while evil forces work to push her to a breaking point."

Fun popcorn movie. The Unrated version is pretty much the same as the PG-13 version; it has more blood/splatter, etc. and is actually 6 seconds shorter than the PG-13 version.

24. "Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" - "The next great psycho horror slasher has given a documentary crew exclusive access to his life as he plans his reign of terror over the sleepy town of Glen Echo, all the while deconstructing the conventions and archetypes of the horror genre for them."

A different and entertaining take on the slasher genre. Worth a rent.

25. "Colour From the Dark" - "One day, while drawing water from the well, Pietro and Alice accidentally free something from Earth's womb. A strange and alien color flashes underwater, at the well's bottom, then disappears. From that moment on, inexplicable events start happening all around the farm, and by night the surrounding vegetation glitters with a sinister glow."

An adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's "The Colour Out of Space". A couple of great scenes with some good SFX but overall a very slow moving film.

26. "Infestation" - "A slacker awakes to find himself weak and wrapped in a webbing; after realizing that the world has been taken over by giant alien insects, he wakes a ragtag group of strangers and together they fight for survival."

A fun and entertaining comedy/horror with several good chuckles, good acting and not too bad SFX. Take "Starship Troopers", throw in a little "The Mist" (without the mist) and a dash of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"; shake (don't stir), add some laughs and you have "Infestation".

Best of the day "Drag Me to Hell" followed by "Infestation".

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
Airboss is offline  
post #236 of 10762 Old 10-07-2009, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
General Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kalifornistan
Posts: 5,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post

Oct 7th-

23. "Drag Me to Hell - Unrated" - "A loan officer ordered to evict an old woman from her home finds herself the recipient of a supernatural curse, which turns her life into a living hell. Desperate, she turns to a seer to try and save her soul, while evil forces work to push her to a breaking point."

Fun popcorn movie. The Unrated version is pretty much the same as the PG-13 version; it has more blood/splatter, etc. and is actually 6 seconds shorter than the PG-13 version.

24. "Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" - "The next great psycho horror slasher has given a documentary crew exclusive access to his life as he plans his reign of terror over the sleepy town of Glen Echo, all the while deconstructing the conventions and archetypes of the horror genre for them."

A different and entertaining take on the slasher genre. Worth a rent.

25. "Colour From the Dark" - "One day, while drawing water from the well, Pietro and Alice accidentally free something from Earth's womb. A strange and alien color flashes underwater, at the well's bottom, then disappears. From that moment on, inexplicable events start happening all around the farm, and by night the surrounding vegetation glitters with a sinister glow."

An adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's "The Colour Out of Space". A couple of great scenes with some good SFX but overall a very slow moving film.

26. "Infestation" - "A slacker awakes to find himself weak and wrapped in a webbing; after realizing that the world has been taken over by giant alien insects, he wakes a ragtag group of strangers and together they fight for survival."

A fun and entertaining comedy/horror with several good chuckles, good acting and not too bad SFX. Take "Starship Troopers", throw in a little "The Mist" (without the mist) and a dash of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"; shake (don't stir), add some laughs and you have "Infestation".

Best of the day "Drag Me to Hell" followed by "Infestation".

I was hoping I'd see something from you on Drag Me To Hell. Did you watch this on BD? I've read some good feedback on PQ and was just curious how this one looked.

Watched Haunting in Connecticut tonight, I'd seen it already but the wife missed it so I went for round 2... not as good the second time around but still has some creepy moments and is worth a rent.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

 

2012

2011

2010

2009

General Kenobi is online now  
post #237 of 10762 Old 10-08-2009, 12:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Tonite:

The Thaw: Val Kilmer's state of shock wasn't enough to get me thru this. "Invisible" monsters don't do it for me; shite-canned after a half hour.
Seventh Moon: Very fine horror film, made by the guy that did Blair Witch. One of the few films I have seen where a shakey-cam WASN'T annoying and made some sense.
Trick r Treat:Very well constructed....until a wrap-up is needed (it just STOPS).
Proof positive movies are pitched without an ending thought thru...

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #238 of 10762 Old 10-08-2009, 06:03 AM
Member
 
LugNutX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Added "Wicked Little Things" from the Afterdark Horrorfest a few years ago. I would probably not recommend it.

I received "Trick 'R Treat" in the mail from Blockbuster yesterday, but will have to wait until the weekend to watch, as the girlfriend wants to see it. I'm currently working my way through a back catalog of movies I picked up last October and never got around to watching.
LugNutX is offline  
post #239 of 10762 Old 10-08-2009, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bob McLaughlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 167
7. The Fearless Vampire Killers
With Roman Polanski back in the headlines again for all the wrong reasons, I thought I'd give this one another spin. This movie has a great, fairy-tale look to it. The snow-covered sets and countryside are amazing. Sharon Tate is drop-dead gorgeous. A fun little vampire movie!

2009 Horror Movie Marathon List:
1. The Golem
2. Onibaba
3. Fire in the Sky
4. Abbot & Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
5. Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer
6. Ju-On
7. The Fearless Vampire Killers

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink
Bob McLaughlin is offline  
post #240 of 10762 Old 10-08-2009, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I was hoping I'd see something from you on Drag Me To Hell. Did you watch this on BD? I've read some good feedback on PQ and was just curious how this one looked.

The BD PQ is great and the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround track will have you grinning from ear to ear (like this )

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
Airboss is offline  
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off