October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 816 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10248Likes

post #24451 of 24474 Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1714 Post(s)
Liked: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Good advice. I must have really been off my game last night. I'm blaming the weather. It's hot and humid here. More July like than the first day of fall.
Sorry, California stole your fall. It's been cool here over the last week. Probably geoengineering.

Just came back from the "Blues Festival" downtown. Just checked out the vendors. Some of the food booths don't have prices up. Wanna $12 sandwich? Music generally doesn't start until noon and they have two stages. The first year they did this they had an Oakland band on stage by noon that pretty blew away every other band in the festival. Some of those musicians were backup for Patti Labelle.

I watched Netflix reco from yesterday "Bad Batch", a sci-fi dystopian future flic about a cannibals. Jim Carrey has a "silent" role in it and Keanu Reeves. Suki Waterhouse does an astonishing job in the lead role.
ApolloCreed and BornSlippyZ like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24452 of 24474 Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Going to see IT in a few. I will also count it as the first October movie on my list. Ain't no law.

Sent from my Crystal Radio.
So it is written...or not.

"Oooh a puzzle box, I love puzzles"/ "Are you familiar with 'The Lament Configuration"/ "Actually I'm lousy at puzzles..."
post #24453 of 24474 Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5026 Post(s)
Liked: 11604
Quote:
BSZ is obviously a Maester.

A Maester bater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Thanks guys!

Well I figured I was a stay at home dad to my kids and I have a little experience with autistic children, I decided to work for the school district. Helping special needs children!

I do feel at times (recess) as a commander of the OverWatch. The teacher is the Maester. And the principle is Queen of the 7 Realms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome. Sounds very rewarding.

Quote:
Going to see IT in a few. I will also count it as the first October movie on my list. Ain't no law.

Red buttoned and reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Sorry, California stole your fall. It's been cool here over the last week. Probably geoengineering.

Just came back from the "Blues Festival" downtown. Just checked out the vendors. Some of the food booths don't have prices up. Wanna $12 sandwich? Music generally doesn't start until noon and they have two stages. The first year they did this they had an Oakland band on stage by noon that pretty blew away every other band in the festival. Some of those musicians were backup for Patti Labelle.

I watched Netflix reco from yesterday "Bad Batch", a sci-fi dystopian future flic about a cannibals. Jim Carrey has a "silent" role in it and Keanu Reeves. Suki Waterhouse does an astonishing job in the lead role.
https://youtu.be/OUqfP1S-9ok
Still hot and humid. Need a Geostorm to cool things down.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #24454 of 24474 Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1806 Post(s)
Liked: 1494
Agreed Wabo, I am actually looking forward to Monday when it goes back in the 60's.

post #24455 of 24474 Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2337 Post(s)
Liked: 2889
IT.

Got me hyped for Stranger Things.
post #24456 of 24474 Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Last night as I was nursing a migraine from hell, I watched a really bad Found Footage movie on Amazon. It was called Area 51 something. But the guys talked like Borat so I was laughing at it lol!

post #24457 of 24474 Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Taking Wabos advice and watching some mad Calamari, Deep Rising!

post #24458 of 24474 Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A Maester bater.

That's awesome. Sounds very rewarding.

Red buttoned and reported.

Still hot and humid. Need a Geostorm to cool things down.
Geo storm of course

1993 Geo Storm
darthrsg and BornSlippyZ like this.

"Oooh a puzzle box, I love puzzles"/ "Are you familiar with 'The Lament Configuration"/ "Actually I'm lousy at puzzles..."
post #24459 of 24474 Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM

According to Letterboxd, the last 5 years I've watched 50-70 movies in October. 78 being the most. 324 movies this year, I'm sure I forgot to add a few, mostly ones that aren't in their database like documentaries and some foreign stuff. 368 in 2016. If my October pans out I should crack 400 for 2017.

I have no purpose in life but to report here apparently.
ApolloCreed and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #24460 of 24474 Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Last night as I was nursing a migraine from hell, I watched a really bad Found Footage movie on Amazon. It was called Area 51 something. But the guys talked like Borat so I was laughing at it lol!

For some reason I used to get migraines a lot (life long) but the last 2 years I've only had one or two mild ones. Not sure what the fix was beyond allergies. I know my food triggers and avoid those. The only other notable change was moving the dog outside and using a probiotic every day. Most headaches recently have been mild and sinus related so a couple of ibuprofen knocks them right out. They sucked so bad I was having them monthly (forever) so I'm glad they've eased up. Nothing I ever tried worked once they were on, I could only go lay down and try to sleep it off. Which is hard when you get the auditory hallucinations and the light sensitivity. I laugh at people who say they are having one and are standing upright. After mine, even the day after I still felt wiped out.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #24461 of 24474 Old Today, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
For some reason I used to get migraines a lot (life long) but the last 2 years I've only had one or two mild ones. Not sure what the fix was beyond allergies. I know my food triggers and avoid those. The only other notable change was moving the dog outside and using a probiotic every day. Most headaches recently have been mild and sinus related so a couple of ibuprofen knocks them right out. They sucked so bad I was having them monthly (forever) so I'm glad they've eased up. Nothing I ever tried worked once they were on, I could only go lay down and try to sleep it off. Which is hard when you get the auditory hallucinations and the light sensitivity. I laugh at people who say they are having one and are standing upright. After mine, even the day after I still felt wiped out.

Man that sucks! Funny thing was my allergies were never bad when I was young and living in SC. But ever since I moved to the Midwest, the swings in weather just jack up my sinuses and the pressure headaches come. Since Friday, today is the first day my head pressure is way down, but I have that phlegm feeling at the back of my throat. I changed my air filter yesterday and vacuumed most of my house which helped. Also I used mucinex, Tylenol, NyQuil and Vicks which allowed me to sleep. But honestly besides getting the flu a few years back, I haven't had a migraine like this living here. In Ohio it was every few months, until winter came. So the weather is getting cooler tomorrow and I am thankful for that!

post #24462 of 24474 Old Today, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Man that sucks! Funny thing was my allergies were never bad when I was young and living in SC. But ever since I moved to the Midwest, the swings in weather just jack up my sinuses and the pressure headaches come. Since Friday, today is the first day my head pressure is way down, but I have that phlegm feeling at the back of my throat. I changed my air filter yesterday and vacuumed most of my house which helped. Also I used mucinex, Tylenol, NyQuil and Vicks which allowed me to sleep. But honestly besides getting the flu a few years back, I haven't had a migraine like this living here. In Ohio it was every few months, until winter came. So the weather is getting cooler tomorrow and I am thankful for that!

Seems like a daily Zyrtec is the magic bullet for my allergies but this time of year is bad all around. All the trees and grass. The winter times are fine times. Can't wait. It's still 90 here.

BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #24463 of 24474 Old Today, 08:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Seems like a daily Zyrtec is the magic bullet for my allergies but this time of year is bad all around. All the trees and grass. The winter times are fine times. Can't wait. It's still 90 here.

Zyrtec is what I take but when I miss a day oh boy!

darthrsg likes this.
post #24464 of 24474 Old Today, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1506 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Finally sat down at watched Open Range today. I've owned the disc for several years now and only bought it to watch the final gunfight. Thought the movie was great and the sound was awesome. The thunder at the the beginning of the movie and the gunshots had a very powerful kick to them. Definitely worth a watch.
post #24465 of 24474 Old Today, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Finally sat down at watched Open Range today. I've owned the disc for several years now and only bought it to watch the final gunfight. Thought the movie was great and the sound was awesome. The thunder at the the beginning of the movie and the gunshots had a very powerful kick to them. Definitely worth a watch.
Quite possibly one of the best westerns ever filmed, certainly the best of the last few decades.
post #24466 of 24474 Old Today, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1714 Post(s)
Liked: 965
I get ocular migraines occasionally usually if my system is too acid. They last only about 1/2 hour and are considered harmless. But they're a pain if I'm trying to watch something though I have techniques to shift my metabolism to make them go away.

Watched "Patchwork" on Netflix last night which is a horror/comedy sorta "Frankenstein" style. There are some yuks in it and a bit of a fun watch.

Netflix added "Alien Arrival" today.
post #24467 of 24474 Old Today, 02:27 PM

Anyone checking out the new Star Trek? My plan is to wait until the season is over then get a trial for the CBS service. In the meantime The Orville is scratching the itch. It's still trying to decide what it wants to be but so far so good. Instead of strict military types like TNG The Orville is manned by "regular" Joe types. Episode one was heavy on the comedy, episode two was nearly full Trek, and three was a blend of both. If it sticks around long enough to get its legs it could be a great addition to sci fi shows.
BornSlippyZ likes this.
post #24468 of 24474 Old Today, 02:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Anyone checking out the new Star Trek? My plan is to wait until the season is over then get a trial for the CBS service. In the meantime The Orville is scratching the itch. It's still trying to decide what it wants to be but so far so good. Instead of strict military types like TNG The Orville is manned by "regular" Joe types. Episode one was heavy on the comedy, episode two was nearly full Trek, and three was a blend of both. If it sticks around long enough to get its legs it could be a great addition to sci fi shows.
I've have CBS All Access so of course, I know some people on the internet are freaking out it's not in surround sound, but none of the previous Trek series were either

post #24469 of 24474 Old Today, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Like you I am going to wait to binge watch the new ST. I have to check out Thr Orville though.

post #24470 of 24474 Old Today, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
I've have CBS All Access so of course, I know some people on the internet are freaking out it's not in surround sound, but none of the previous Trek series were either
Pure Garbage.

post #24471 of 24474 Old Today, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Like you I am going to wait to binge watch the new ST. I have to check out Thr Orville though.

Orville is weird but enjoyable. Like I said above, it hasn't decided what it wants to be yet. It appears to be able to be a full fledge Trek a like or a typical McFarlane comedy. If it goes full comedy I feel it won't last but I'm hoping there's a balance to be found. I'm ok with some laughs in a space opera.

post #24472 of 24474 Old Today, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Pure Garbage.

ghuy'cha' petaQ
THO:

post #24473 of 24474 Old Today, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5026 Post(s)
Liked: 11604
Quote:
I enjoy The Orville and had no plans on watching the new Snooze Trek. But after watching the fudegpackers get lucky and win on CBS I see ST Discovery is listed on my guide. So I'll record it. No way would I pay CBS access to watch it.

post #24474 of 24474 Old Today, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I enjoy The Orville and had no plans on watching the new Snooze Trek. But after watching the fudegpackers get lucky and win on CBS I see ST Discovery is listed on my guide. So I'll record it. No way would I pay CBS access to watch it.

Weird games today that is for sure! My Chiefs won and I told everyone that the Vikings would do great with the new QB. The kid looked great out there! I thought Dalton of the Bengals would pull the win but nope!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page