October fun: 31 days of Horror, Blood, Guts and Gore! (and zombies, too....) - Page 832 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10958Likes

post #24931 of 24931 Old Today, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 237
One day out of every October each year, I do an all-day or a half-day movie marathon of a horror franchise. Today was that day with the V/H/S series of movies, and to go with it, I did a chili in the slow cooker which turned out absolutely AMAZING much to my (pleasant) surprise and gave me enough leftovers afterwards for four more dinners. Here is a quick update of the last few movies I've watched...

Piranha (2010) - College kids, parties, T&A and nudity, it's all here as I figured it would be. But beyond that, it also features some pretty badly rendered piranhas which were something of a hoot. Things really pick up nicely in the last 30 minutes and the movie becomes quite graphic and gory. Reminded me somewhat of the Sharknado movies, and Zombeavers to a lesser degree. Entertaining. 3.5 out of 5.

Piranha DD (2012) - The raucousness has been toned down somewhat and in some respects this is a more focused effort than the original film. In some ways it is better although maybe not so much in other ways. David Hasselhoff is in this and is mildly amusing. This film also has nudity. 3.5 out of 5.

V/H/S (2012) - A group of young thugs is hired to break into a home to steal a VHS tape. When they arrive, they watch a few different VHS tapes showing different events. Often violent, gory, and graphic, not everyone will like this. The first 30 minutes or so in particular is bat **** crazy. I didn't mind this but be warned. Also has nudity. 3.5 out of 5.

V/H/S 2 (2013) - A decent follow up to the original movie with the same anthology theme although most of the segments this time around are not quite as good. The only exception might be the final segment about the aliens which was really quite strong. Surprise, surprise, there is also nudity in this film. 3.5 out of 5.

V/H/S Viral (2014) - Not a total loss but still a somewhat disappointing third installment to the franchise. The hooded skeletons were pretty good however. 2 out of 5.

The next scheduled movie on my end is Cat In The Brain on Monday October 23rd but I will try to get at least one or two more movies in before then. After the 23rd, I will be watching at least one horror movie every day right up until Halloween.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page