Hey Guys, I've been meaning to post for quite a while now but it seems as if I never have any time. Don't know where the time is going but the days are flying by and before I know it another day has gone by without posting anything. So I told myself I'd post something tonight even if it may be kind of lame.
I have been trying to find a decent horror movie for months and sadly most I've watched were not very good. For what it's worth here's a list of most of the horror movies I've watched over the pass few months with the rating (one to five starts with five being the best) I gave each. Three stars is an average movie, anything above three stars for my ratings is above average for one or more reasons... to get four or better requires a movie be outstanding.... unfortunately most were below three stars:Hell
(Horror/SciFi/Thriller) - *** - Not much blood and gore but a decent story, loved the cinematography and thought the acting was decent. I really enjoyed this one.Lovely Molly
(Drama/Horror) - **3/4 - It has it's moments and could have been much better, I just did not care for the ending.The Incident (Asylum Blackout)
- (Horror/Thriller) - ***1/4 - Takes about 1/2 hour to get going but once it does it's not back. Some good blood and gore and I could not help but think "What would I do if I got caught in a situation like this?"The Bleeding House
- (Drama/Horror/Mystery) - * - Did absolutely nothing for me, I felt that it was a complete waste of time. There are many on IMDB that gave this high ratings, can't help but wonder if they had something to do with the film.Claustrofobia
- Thriller/Netherhorror (Horror out of the Netherlands) - **3/4 - To call this a horror movie is a real stretch, not really sure why I'm including it.All the Boys Love Mandy Lane
- (Horror/Mystery/Thriller) - **1/2 - I'm including this because General K asked about it. It's been over five years since I saw this so I really don't remember why I only gave it **1/2 stars.The Corridor
- (Horror/Thriller) - ** - This one started out pretty interesting but I hated the ending.Baby Blood
- (Horror) - **1/2 - 1990's French horror, it had it's moments but overall below average.The Nameless
- (Drama/Horror/Mystery) - *** - Kept me entertained but just average when all is said and done.Sleep Tight
- (Horror/Psychological Thriller) - ***1/4 - Loved the beginning, caught me off guard. Creepy and disturbing.The Bunny Game
- (Horror) - * - After the opening sequence a complete waste of time.Midnight Son
- (Adventure/Drama/Horror) - ***1/2 - A different take on an old theme, I really enjoyed this one.The Snowtown Murders
- (Crime/Drama/Thriller) - *** - I know, it's not a horror movie but it's based upon a real event, it's interesting, decent acting and it's about serial killing and torture.Dead Season
- (Horror/SciFi) - **1/2 - Most of you have all ready seen this, not bad.The Afflicted
- (Horror/Thriller) - * - Based upon a true story but bored me to death.Detention
- (Comedy/Horror) - ** - I don't really remember much about this movie, probably why I only gave it two stars.Rec 3
- (Horror/Thriller) - **3/4 - Nothing like Rec 1 or 2 but not bad. Does have some good gore and some humor, just don't expect anything like Rec 1 or 2 and you will enjoy it much more.Girls Gone Dead
- (Comedy/Horror) - ** - If you are going to watch this at least watch the 'Unrated and Exposed Edition'.Some Guy Who Kills People
- (Comedy/Horror/Thriller) - *** - Bloody and funny, what more can you ask for?The Awakening
- (Horror/Thriller) - *** - Very entertaining and a bit creepy at times.Livide
- (Fantasy/Horror) - ***1/2 - The first time I watched this I only rated it three starts (I think I was expecting something completely different and was disappointed). After re-watching it I raised my rating and am looking forward to seeing it again.Enter Nowhere
- (Horror/Mystery/Thriller) - **3/4 - Low budget Indie with a twist, entertaining throughout but the ending let me down, even so I'm looking forward to watching this one again.Absentia
- (Drama/Horror/Mystery) - **1/2 - The beginning of this really had me hooked and kept me hooked most of the way through the movie, the ending was a bit of a letdown but overall worth the watch.The Inkeepers
- (Horror/Thriller) - ** - Nothing like a good ole ghost story, too bad this one was a bit of a weak.Outpost: Black Sun
- (Action/Horror) - **1/2 - Nazi zombiesAshes
- (Horror/SciFi/Thriller) - * - Needless to say I don't even remember much about this film other than it was really bad.Dark Souls aka Zombie Driller
- 1/4 of a star - This was so bad it didn't even rate one full star. Bad thing is it was so bad it was good it was just so bad it was sad.
Keep an eye out for these two...V/H/S
- (Horror/Thriller) - ***1/2 - This has been on the Festival circuit since the first of the year, coming to VOD 31 August and limited release 5 October. A collection of short 'found footage' type films loosely connected together but very entertaining... don't miss this one.Nailbiter
- (Horror) - *** - On the festival circuit, catch it if you can.
That's it for now.. many of these may not be readily available in the US yet (or are still on the festival circuit), several I bought off of eBay or from the Amazons i.e. Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, etc.
These should keep you busy for awhile and I'm still looking. Really need to get some good stuff for October!
Just wondering, anyone here into sim racing (iRacing primarily)?