AVS Forum banner
16K views 292 replies 69 participants last post by  squared80 
#1 ·
Are any of you guys waiting for the film adaption of WORLD WAR Z? And what did you guys think of Marc Forster as the director ?

#2 ·
Personally, I think this would be best suited as an HBO miniseries. The episodic structure of the novel would work best that way, one episode per chapter. I expect that the movie will only focus on one or two of the book's storylines.

I think Forster is an interesting director and could do a good job with this, so long as he lays off the shaky-cam that burdens Quantum of Solace (I don't know whether that was his call or a mandate from the producers).

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouchoDude /forum/post/15222669

What's this one about?

Zombie apocalypse.

The book is pretty cool. Each chapter is a different vignette with a new set of characters (though some do come back around) telling the story from different points of view, from the initial outbreak through to worldwide panic. It has some pretty inventive ideas about what would happen if the world were overrun by zombies.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z /forum/post/15223711

Zombie apocalypse.

The book is pretty cool. Each chapter is a different vignette with a new set of characters (though some do come back around) telling the story from different points of view, from the initial outbreak through to worldwide panic. It has some pretty inventive ideas about what would happen if the world were overrun by zombies.

Sounds cool...look forward to it.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouchoDude /forum/post/15227045

I trust our new President has a plan to deal with any hostile zombie attacks on the Homeland.

Of course he does.

If the country that has been sheltering them for the last 7 years won't turn them over, then we will go in and get 'em ourselves.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpalmieri1203 /forum/post/15239757

I hope the battle of Yonkers is in this movie!

If so, the budget for this will be astronomical.

My favorite part of the book was finding out what happened to all the zombies that fell off ships or were dumped into the ocean.

#13 ·
A movie based on the awesome Max Brooks, World War Z book has been bandied about for years. Brad Pitt's production company had the rights and just now they are saying he will star in it. Slated for a 2012 release. For those who have not read it, WWZ is a wonderfully written, serious Zombie book. It is the definitive work for the genre IMHO. I am hoping, with BP in the mix, this will be done tastefully with all the mood and suspense of the book.

The MTV link was broken so here is a different write up.
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/20984

#23 ·
I had forgot about this thread and was encouraged when I saw an article about Pitt being in Malta for the shooting of the movie. I finished the book not long ago and liked it a lot. It will be interesting to see how they do the movie. There's great potential but I'm not going to get my hopes up because there's a good chance it will just be Hollywood cookie cutter film making because it is just all about the $$$. Will it be PG-13 or R? Place your bets....

Actually, because of the way the book/story is told, a mini-series would probably be a better way to do it. There are quite a few single parts or the book that could easily be one movie.

larry

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink /forum/post/18974118

What do they say about timing?

I just picked this book up off a stack and started reading it last night.....

It's been in my Kindle for awhile...just started reading it yesterday. I'm hooked. There's no way the movie is going to be this good. It might as well be an HBO mini series as Josh Z suggested. I also started skimming through Brook's Zombie Survival Guide. Some funny stuff in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.