Where to get the Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremony DVD HK edition? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-09-2009, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Sgt_Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I want to get a hold of this DVD because I was told by some reviewers that the HK version has the best quality and none of the bad commentaries that the NBC version had. I can understand a bit of Mandarin and Cantonese so I don't mind getting the HK version. I heard the Chinese mainland version sucks and it's not even the same broadcast version that I saw while I was in Beijing on August 8th, 2008. Does anyone here know where to get it?
Sgt_Strider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 01-09-2009, 02:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post

So I want to get a hold of this DVD because I was told by some reviewers that the HK version has the best quality and none of the bad commentaries that the NBC version had. I can understand a bit of Mandarin and Cantonese so I don't mind getting the HK version. I heard the Chinese mainland version sucks and it's not even the same broadcast version that I saw while I was in Beijing on August 8th, 2008. Does anyone here know where to get it?

YesAsisa
The Opening Ceremony Of The Beijing 2008 Olympics Games (DVD) (China Version) DVD - Region All (No subtitles)

Sensasia
The Opening Ceremony of the Beijing 2008 Olympics Games - Malaysia

Language : English,Chinese [Selectable]
Subtitles : Not Available

The Opening Ceremony Of The Beijing 2008 Olympics Games [China Version]

Play-Asia
The Opening Ceremony of The Beijing 2008 Olympics Games [International Version]
Language Mandarin, English
Genre Misc Movie
Version Hong Kong
PAX-Code PAX0002360620
Item Code 9787799821733

The Closing Ceremony of The Beijing 2008 Olympics Games [International Version]
Language Mandarin, English
Genre Misc Movie
Version Hong Kong
PAX-Code PAX0002374866
Item Code 9787799821924


Amazon.com also has several different versions.



Also available on many other online sites

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Airboss is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 01-10-2009, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Sgt_Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post

YesAsisa
The Opening Ceremony Of The Beijing 2008 Olympics Games (DVD) (China Version) DVD - Region All (No subtitles)

Sensasia
The Opening Ceremony of the Beijing 2008 Olympics Games - Malaysia

Language : English,Chinese [Selectable]
Subtitles : Not Available

The Opening Ceremony Of The Beijing 2008 Olympics Games [China Version]

Play-Asia
The Opening Ceremony of The Beijing 2008 Olympics Games [International Version]
Language Mandarin, English
Genre Misc Movie
Version Hong Kong
PAX-Code PAX0002360620
Item Code 9787799821733

The Closing Ceremony of The Beijing 2008 Olympics Games [International Version]
Language Mandarin, English
Genre Misc Movie
Version Hong Kong
PAX-Code PAX0002374866
Item Code 9787799821924


Amazon.com also has several different versions.



Also available on many other online sites

Yes I know many online sites sell the DVD, but all of the ones that you have shown are the mainland Chinese version. I heard the quality sucks. The PlayAsia link look suspicious to me and I'm not sure if it's really the HK version.
Sgt_Strider is offline  
post #4 of 5 Old 01-10-2009, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post

Yes I know many online sites sell the DVD, but all of the ones that you have shown are the mainland Chinese version. I heard the quality sucks. The PlayAsia link look suspicious to me and I'm not sure if it's really the HK version.

PlayAsia has been around for awhile, why not send them an e-mail and ask what version it is?

Sensasia has a version listed which shows the shipping origin as Hong Kong (not sure if that would be the version you are looking for) but it is OOS at this time; you could also e-mail them and see if they will be receiving any more copies and if it is indeed the Hong Kong version.

Have you checked anywhere yourself? Have you checked eBay? There are several versions listed there but since I don't know exactly what you are looking for perhaps you should do a little research yourself and see if you can find what you want.

Here's some info from one of the ones posted on eBay:

BEIJING 2008 OLYMPIC GAMES OPENING CEREMONY DVD PART 1&2
--- UNCUT 4HR21MINS ---

Format: DVD - 1 dsic PART 1 & 2

Condition: New & Sealed
Comments: The Opening Ceremony of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games -Oversea Version [1 DVDs]

An Exclusive Official Home Video Product Produced Under License of the International Olympic Committee Exclusive Production And Distribution by CITVC (China International TV Corporation).
This DVD is officially released on Aug 11th, 2008. This DVD shows the version that's broadcast on China National TV (CCTV), it might be slightly different than the version you watched locally (such as NBC) ... CCTV IS BETTER uncut.

Video is in PAL format, which is not compatible with some North American TVs, Be sure your DVD player can support PAL before buying !!!! If you watch this DVD on computers, you won't have any problem.

DVD has two Audio tracks, one is China CCTV commentary, the other is live narration (which has both Mandarin and English voices).

Director:
Release date: 2008
Language: Mandarin, (Mandarin, English)
Subtitle: Simplified Chinese
Audio: Dolby Digital 2.0
DVD Region Code(s): 1,2,3,4,5,6 All
Picture format: PAL ( USA & CANADA BUYER ) CHECK YOUR DVD PLAYER TO SEE IF SUPPORT.
Duration: ruminates ( part 1 & part 2 ) 1DVD


If you know that many online sites sell the DVD then do a little research yourself and perhaps you can find what YOU are looking for.


I tried to help but you sure do not seem very appreciative.

If you want the DVD bad enough you will find it with some research.

I've spent hours/days/weeks/even months looking for DVDs that I've wanted, eventually I find what I want, atlhough sometimes they may be too expensive and I have to pass.

Time to get off your butt and do a little work yourself instead of asking for help and then p*ssing on it. The information I've provided above will be the last I send your way, you're on your own as far as I'm concerned.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Airboss is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Newbie
 
kim1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post

So I want to get a hold of this DVD because I was told by some reviewers that the HK version has the best quality and none of the bad commentaries that the NBC version had. I can understand a bit of Mandarin and Cantonese so I don't mind getting the HK version. I heard the Chinese mainland version sucks and it's not even the same broadcast version that I saw while I was in Beijing on August 8th, 2008. Does anyone here know where to get it?

you must be kidding. there's no HK version of Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremony. In Hong Kong, only the Mainland China version are being sold. It doesn't matter if you bought from YesAsia or from Gouduo.com or Amazon.cn, they are the same thing, same packaging, all from mainland China. How come people saying the "One" from Hong Kong is better than the "One" from mailand China?

There editions available:

Opening Ceremony (1st edition) (Mainland China Version)
Available in Mainland China and Hong Kong
http://www.gouduo.com/ware_8973.html

Closing Ceremony (1st edition) (Mainland China Version)
Available in Mainland China and Hong Kong
http://www.gouduo.com/ware_9073.html

Opening and Closing Ceremony (Remastered edition) (Mainland China Version)
Only available in Mailand China
http://www.gouduo.com/ware_9636.html

Only the last edition should be bought, it is the best edition and DVD quality.
kim1979 is offline  
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off