Alien Prequel - Prometheus - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Well, this is the 2nd movie I saw this year; the last was Avengers.

I enjoyed it, in its glorius Sony Digital 4k projection. Since it was not 3D, the volume did not hurt my ear drums.

Wish Charlize had Rapace's role. Script is ok for sci-fi.

Money well spent as entertainment goes. I'll go for a sequel if there is one.

Now I'm going to see the original Alien tonight in my "tiny" screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbud0 View Post

Wish Charlize had Rapace's role. Script is ok for sci-fi.
Money well spent as entertainment goes. I'll go for a sequel if there is one.
Now I'm going to see the original Alien tonight in my "tiny" screen.
I've been thinking about that and Charlize would be great IMO for the sequels and I'll tell you why. 1st Noomi did a fantastic job as Shaw however in the sequels where I suspect there will be more physical demands as she will become more like Ripley fighting more creatures Noomi doesn't have they physical demands as Charlize. I just can't imagine Noomi doing any of that unless she does some major work in the gym building some muscles or at least perhaps taking some MMA class then she might be able to pull it off. As of right now, she's too fragile physically.

As for the Vicker's role, they could have casted someone commadning like Connie Nielsen from Gladiator, Kate winslet or Jodie foster. As for Shaw's character my pick would be Hilary swank or Angelina jolie...a real modern Ripley.
post #1263 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 02:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Have you seen Brian De Palma's Mission to Mars?
I can't believe how many key elements from that movie are in Prometheus: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Crew's arrival at a large mound triggers a massive sandstorm. You can tell the structure wasn't natural because of the somewhat humanoid face, visible from higher up. Once inside the structure, the air is breathable, allowing helmets to be removed. Turns out the long dead aliens are us, we are them (they having seeded the earth a long time ago). But they're not all dead, some still exist elsewhere. One of the main characters (who has nothing left to lose after the death of a loved one) decides at the very end not to return to earth but instead go to where the aliens (ancient us) are.
Which movie am I describing?

Sanjay
post #1264 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 63
OK, some hits from the fast developing 1000 things at IMDB (for those who enjoy minor humor)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. The mission to the alien planet was funded by Biff from Back to the Future II. After all, he did have the means to make all that money.

- Getting a lady moist is a doddle in the future -
Janek "You wanna get laid?"
Vickers "Er no"
Janek "Are you a robot?"
Vickers "Take me roughly from behind you hunky space captain"

Apparently the futuristic designer of space travel gear for Vickers is the same person designing outfits for Dr. Evil

When you have just performed a major surgical manual operation on yourself while you're awake, ripping out a rapidly-growing, dangerous, unknown squid-like creature from your uterus, just leave it there and tell no one of your experience. Act totally normal, hopefully the janitor will clean it up.

Never scream why why WHY at a big hostile CG alien just awoken on the wrong side of the cryobed after 2000yrs , at least let him hit the bong first!

Footwear in future space ships will include flip-flops and platform shoes with clunker heels.

27. Making a movie extra-bad tricks idiots into thinking they "get it", convincing them that haters just don't understand something that profound and complex, thus securing the idiot fan base enough to perpetuate a cycle of bad movie-making.

30. If you're first trip out of your spaceship into alien territory is scary, just keep going back until everyone is dead.

58. Umbilical cord got you tied up? Just f.in yank that sh!t

64. It is always important that after surviving being attacked twice by a hostile alien life form, that you go back to its home planet to ask the question, "Why don't you like us?"

65. Also when traveling to said hostile planet, all you need is to shove a few random things in bag the size of backpack and that will hold you through intergalactic space flight.

68. If you're an android in an Alien movie you *will* be dismembered by the end of it.

70. The space jockey's black goo recipe is like Paris Hilton - it will do anything

72. It's the guy that maps out the alien installation that gets lost.

78. Lawrence of Arabia has finally been restored.

85? When infected by some unknown alien lifeform that lives inside of your eyeball,continue to do your job and act like nothing is wrong until you can't walk anymore,then ask for help.

Robots in the future can open any doors and understand any language and text that they have never seen before.

- Floating laser light balls are invented in the future but we will all still have to carry a flashlight in the dark.

99. In the future of Pool, there are no stripes or numbers: just solid, shiny, metal balls.
raaj likes this.
post #1265 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 04:24 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

I've been having this argument since Friday. These attempts to pretend that Prometheus isn't a prequel to Alien are lunacy. Did you not actually see the movie? It hammers home its connections to Alien again and again and again.
"Hey, do you remember that thing in Alien? Here it is again, because this is a prequel! Do you get it? No? Let me show you another thing from Alien! Do you get it now? Yay, prequel!!"
The movie directly answers the questions of what the alien is, where it comes from, and what its purpose is. These are the most important, central mysteries of the franchise. And the answers that Prometheus provides are (IMO) incredibly stupid, along the lines of The Phantom Menace telling us that Midichlorians are responsible for the Force in Star Wars.
You cannot possibly believe that this movie isn't a prequel to Alien. Because the movie bends over backwards to make those connections to Alien. You would have to be willfully blind to ignore them.

I agree with you, regardless of what R. Scott and folks keep saying that it isn't. If you saw the verry last scene before the credits started roll, that proves it.
post #1266 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 04:29 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

OMFG...there was no sex. Shaw and her boyfriend made "love" but it was done off camera, and that is completely normal when you've been sleeping for over 2 yrs so is it weird they were horny after waking up? Same with Theron, you never even see them touch. It was just implied they "did" it only to show her character's manipulative and controlling agenda to have everyone including the captain wrapped around her finger. You see, this is the exact typical BS complaints and so called gripes I read everywhere on IMDB boards before seeing the movie and it almost made me avoid seeing it.
There's gotta some program or software that weed out plants

Is this some bizarre attempt at low grade humor? The sex was the predicate for the end of the movie. Euphemisms aside, it was sex. I have no idea what standard you seek in movies or stories but I expect a coherent plot that is consistent with principles of science (or fantasy if that is the genre). As I said, the scientific method is totally thrown out. You enjoyed the find good. I did not. I was angry at the waste of resources. While you may wish to ponder (and thereby create your myriad of possibilities), I paid for a sci-fi film and expected a coherent logical narrative that would allow me to suspend disbelief. I simply could not suspend that disbelief with actors doing patently illogical things just to make the movie longer.

Oh, weeds, well let me see education is a good way to weed out the plants.
post #1267 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 04:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McCoy View Post

The Prometheus voyage is in the 24th Century. The period roughly 2000 years before that (when the Engineer corpse was decapitated) is 400AD. That would be the approximate time of a certain Muslim prophet, and roughly 360 years after the Christian prophet was crucified. If you are counting...
The Prometheus voyage takes place in the 21st Century (2093 to be specific), which throws off your count when connecting the 2000 year old Engineer corpse to the time of a certain Muslim prophet but does synch up nicely for when the Christian prophet was crucified.

Sanjay
post #1268 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 697
You guys read this? ATTN SPOILERS

http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html

This is really where I wanted the movie to go. Maybe the director's cut will fix it, it obviously was edited.
post #1269 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

I can't believe how many key elements from that movie are in Prometheus: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Crew's arrival at a large mound triggers a massive sandstorm. You can tell the structure wasn't natural because of the somewhat humanoid face, visible from higher up. Once inside the structure, the air is breathable, allowing helmets to be removed. Turns out the long dead aliens are us, we are them (they having seeded the earth a long time ago). But they're not all dead, some still exist elsewhere. One of the main characters (who has nothing left to lose after the death of a loved one) decides at the very end not to return to earth but instead go to where the aliens (ancient us) are.
Which movie am I describing?

This is epic. smile.gif

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #1270 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

There are so many things wrong (which I've decided not to go into) with this flick that has caused many complaining blogs to pop up overnight.
Here is a funny one - spoilers of course.

http://whatleydude.com/2012/06/seen-prometheus-lets-talk/

And there is literally no end in sight. Here is some funny stuff. Spoilers.

SMS dialogue between Noomi Rapace and an Engineer

http://enchantedmitten.blogspot.com/2003/12/reading-previous-entries-in-this-series.html

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #1271 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 05:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

And there is literally no end in sight. Here is some funny stuff. Spoilers.
SMS dialogue between Noomi Rapace and an Engineer
http://enchantedmitten.blogspot.com/2003/12/reading-previous-entries-in-this-series.html

I can only imagine the comedy riches when the Half In The Bag guys take Prometheus apart on video (a la Phantom Menace).
post #1272 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Just saw couple hours ago and my ears are still ringing. frown.gif

1. Was it fun? Yes.
2. Did it make me want to watch it again? Yes because there are so many eye-candies.
3. Does RS know how to make people talk about his movie over and over again and make lasting impression and boost ticket/disc sales? Absolutely and he is a good businessman.

Those who nitpick about plot holes, details and ...etc, what Sci-Fi movie are you satisfied with that doesn't have those "flaws"?
post #1273 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Saw it last night and im in the camp of 'really liking' it. A friend of mine who saw it with me did not like that it didn't give out all the answers, but I liked the fact that it left some things open to interpretation.

It did seems a little hurried up in pacing, im hoping the bluray will have an extended cut that adds in some more screentime and does not rush it so much. Also the movie was jaw dropping gorgeous in 3D, day 1 bluray purchase for me.

My HT Setup
My Blu-Rays
PSN Id:blitz500

post #1274 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

You guys read this? ATTN SPOILERS
http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html
This is really where I wanted the movie to go. Maybe the director's cut will fix it, it obviously was edited.

I love this. A re-watch after reading this article is going to add so much insight into this movie...

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #1275 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruiser View Post

Just saw couple hours ago and my ears are still ringing. frown.gif
1. Was it fun? Yes.
2. Did it make me want to watch it again? Yes because there are so many eye-candies.
3. Does RS know how to make people talk about his movie over and over again and make lasting impression and boost ticket/disc sales? Absolutely and he is a good businessman.
Those who nitpick about plot holes, details and ...etc, what Sci-Fi movie are you satisfied with that doesn't have those "flaws"?

I can not speak for "those who nitpick ..." but a sci-fi movie should adhere to the "scientific method" (please Google it). This movie did not on quite a few levels. I can give the writer(s) creative license but they must not insult reasonably intelligent people. The scientists (sic) in this movie, as a rule, did not apply science. That is not a little thing. Almost every scene felt like the director took breaks to come up with the next scene and then added dialog after the fact.

Star Trek had a flaw in the very premise of the movie but it flowed and I could ignore little details because they did not become annoying by being in your face and occurring over and over and over. In the Avengers, there were several points that bugged me but by the time I figured out what bugged me I was on to another scene and that scene erased any misgivings I had.

When I saw the original Alien movie I did not know what to expect. I am sure it had flaws but it flowed. I was invited by a fellow soldier and there wasn’t much discussion afterwards because the movie had no in your face logic flaws (that my level of education at that time could detect).

The director should have spent more time developing one coherent idea and not trying to force a hodge-podge of subplots together.

The most annoying thing about the entire sequel / prequel universe is that very few seem to be conceived as such. I don’t like time travel devices or re-imagined versions of classics. I think Hollywood should hire more writers. As a matter of fact, when I left that movie I thought one criterion for the next movie I see is how many writers are listed. Sometimes, the more the merrier or in this case more writers would have presented a more professional storyboard.
post #1276 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuro View Post

but a sci-fi movie should adhere to the "scientific method" (please Google it). This movie did not on quite a few levels. I can give the writer(s) creative license but they must not insult reasonably intelligent people.
It should? Would that be your personal view or some established rule in movie/writing industry? I did a bit of search and found an interesting link regarding the definition of science fiction.
"fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction
Quote:
The scientists (sic) in this movie, as a rule, did not apply science.
Humans can be subjective at times, even when educated in science. Not all scientists are exactly same, are they? I mean, we are no robots. A realistic depiction of human nature if you ask me. It's not a bad move by the writer IMO.
post #1277 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post

Quote:
I can see why folks who love Avatar, Kill Bill Vol 1, Titanic, Dark of the moon will not like this because this doesn't spell everything out for them like a pop up book, it's a grand novel that makes you think
Avatar told a great story. Yes a simple but great story that resonated with the human family. A great story doesn't have to be complex. James Cameron, did a great job on Avatar. He did a great job with Aliens. When it comes to directing or filmmaking, in my opinion, Scott is not in the same league with Cameron. Cameron took Alien and made Aliens which is still considered one of the few sequels that exceeded the original.
Darkside of the moon was garbage!! I mean what was the message the in it, how a nerd can be hero and end up with a supermodel? I don't know how you can mention that in the same breath with a masterpiece like Avatar.
Seriously? Avatar was nothing but eye candy. The script could have been written by a three year old. It is a tired old derivative of the "evil" white man's treatment of the Indians. Yawn!

Dumb enough to spend lots of cash on this junk!
post #1278 of 2394 Old 06-10-2012, 11:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

It should? Would that be your personal view or some established rule in movie/writing industry? I did a bit of search and found an interesting link regarding the definition of science fiction.
"fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction
Humans can be subjective at times, even when educated in science. Not all scientists are exactly same, are they? I mean, we are no robots. A realistic depiction of human nature if you ask me. It's not a bad move by the writer IMO.

Realistic depiction of human nature?? There were so many scenes in this movie that are the exact opposite of how "humans" would act. Let's see:
The fact that the team assembled on a trillion dollar intergalactic space mission act like hired mercenaries. They are not going to Isla Sorna (Jurassic Park) in the French Polynesia, but going to a potentially suicidal mission on an alien planet light years away. Immediately after they get woken up from cryostasis, one of the scientists tries to INTRODUCE himself to the guy with the mohawk and tattoos. The mohawk guy (Fillmore??) rebuffs the attempt at civility saying "I am not here to make friends"!! eek.gif Lolwut??? Are we to believe that the team members on this trillion dollar mission were not introduced to each other, nor worked together in training before going on a space mission? Is it human nature to throw a bunch of hoons that might not work together as a team, minimizing the chances of success of the mission?

Then there is the stupidity of the team repeatedly taking off their helmets inside the cave, even after seeing the super-protohumans running scared clueless from something. Now we are to believe "scientists" would just take off their helmets and risk breathing in potentially lethal microbes just because the air had enough oxygen?

Again there is the scene where the lost guys come across the snake-like alien creatures in the chamber, and Fillmore(?) leans in trying to pet the snake-like alien creature that was clearly hissing at him? Is this normal human behavior from someone who was clearly shaken enough to want to abandon the cave-mission to return to the safety of the ship? Despite the fact that he and his buddy just witnessed the holograms of the big and powerful alien-humans running like scared chickens from something, and after seeing a huge pile of these alien-humans with burst-open chest cavities a couple of steps away from the chamber?

This is as far from human behavior, especially from someone who were clearly spooked to the extent they were running back to the ship abandoning their mission.

I saw the movie in IMAX 3D, and loved the cinematography and the FX. The title sequences with the fly-by camera on the planetary landscapes were absolutely breathtaking at full 15/70 IMAX scale, and reminded me of the native IMAX nature documentary films common to the format. The movie was absolutely gorgeous, and the 3D effects were exquisite. I really went in with huge expectations, and left unsure about how to feel about the movie. The more I think about the script, the more perplexed I become at the illogicalities of certain sequences and characters.

All in all, I'd most likely watch it once more, and rate it 3/5 for now. IMAX 3D is the way to see this film, IMO.
post #1279 of 2394 Old 06-11-2012, 12:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj View Post

...holograms of the big and powerful alien-humans running like scared chickens from something, and after seeing a huge pile of these alien-humans with burst-open chest cavities a couple of steps away from the chamber?
Running from "something"? I got the impression they were running from one of their own that was infected (confirmed when his head was on the medical table), since he was stumbling and falling in the hologram (just like Holloway after he was infected).

Sanjay
post #1280 of 2394 Old 06-11-2012, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Running from "something"? I got the impression they were running from one of their own that was infected (confirmed when his head was on the medical table), since he was stumbling and falling in the hologram (just like Holloway after he was infected).

I think you guys are talking about two different entrances/ area ? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I thought those were to different entrances?, the one with decapitated body , and the one with body's piled up in a corner?

Djoel
post #1281 of 2394 Old 06-11-2012, 06:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyng_fool View Post

Seriously? Avatar was nothing but eye candy. The script could have been written by a three year old. It is a tired old derivative of the "evil" white man's treatment of the Indians. Yawn!
I agree completely with the insipid dialog of Avatar. But, I actually think Prometheus is worse in that regard. The dialog simply doesn't make any sense. All of the communication between the characters is nothing more than scene narrative. There is little to no real "people" dialog. I use the term "character" vary loosely because there is not a single developed person in the movie. They are all flat archetypes, and thinly evolved archetypes at that. I don't know about you, but I had no attachment to any of the characters. It didn't matter if they lived or died, because they didn't exist as people. They were props to say some silly lines.

The problem I have is simply this; If you are going to discuss/present/consider the human condition, you should work the people side of the story to a much greater degree and with much more care. The Borg were more developed than the Engineers. And that is a sad, sad thing.
post #1282 of 2394 Old 06-11-2012, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

I love this. A re-watch after reading this article is going to add so much insight into this movie...
I dug it too and the movie would have been, for me, a lot better if had pulled some of this out instead of leaving it so open. Sometimes I need my hand held.
post #1283 of 2394 Old 06-11-2012, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCecil View Post

The Borg were more developed than the Engineers. And that is a sad, sad thing.

To be fair the Borg storyline has been told during several Star trek shows and one Big screen movie. Prometheus didnt even have 10% the screentime to develop the Engineers.

Good movies are as rare as an on topic discussion.
post #1284 of 2394 Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieSwede View Post

To be fair the Borg storyline has been told during several Star trek shows and one Big screen movie. Prometheus didnt even have 10% the screentime to develop the Engineers.
That's kind of my point. The Engineers SHOULD/COULD HAVE BEEN the focus of this movie.
But the last one just turned out to be a militant dick head. With no lead in whatsoever. I wasn't even worried that he would get away in his ship. It was so obvious what was going to happen it took the tension out of the scene.

Again, I got over the fact that this wasn't a deep movie early and decided just to enjoy it. Once I did that it was fine. I was just hopeful that there might be some depth to it.

It was closer to Batman & Robin, than Rise of the Black Knight. Whoever compared the dialog and character depth to the Star Wars prequels was dead on. I could still enjoy those movies (with the exception of the last movie and any scene with anakin+princess), just like I could enjoy Alien 3 and 4. You just have to enjoy them different.
post #1285 of 2394 Old 06-11-2012, 07:58 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

I've been thinking about that and Charlize would be great IMO for the sequels and I'll tell you why. 1st Noomi did a fantastic job as Shaw however in the sequels where I suspect there will be more physical demands as she will become more like Ripley fighting more creatures Noomi doesn't have they physical demands as Charlize. I just can't imagine Noomi doing any of that unless she does some major work in the gym building some muscles or at least perhaps taking some MMA class then she might be able to pull it off. As of right now, she's too fragile physically.
As for the Vicker's role, they could have casted someone commadning like Connie Nielsen from Gladiator, Kate winslet or Jodie foster. As for Shaw's character my pick would be Hilary swank or Angelina jolie...a real modern Ripley.
I would say the physical demands were already there, considering she was able to run and climb around after just having a cesarean procedure...bad**s. I know I can't be alone in thinking that her acting sucked, and just looking at her expressions was beyond annoying! Performance wise, Fassbender was the only exceptional one that didn't drive me nuts or make me want to roll my eyes.
post #1286 of 2394 Old 06-11-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hauling that dead weight droid will build all kinds of upper body. Noomi did just fine.

post #1287 of 2394 Old 06-11-2012, 08:02 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

BATTLESHIP and JOHN CARTER!!!!! Hells Yeahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfection! Nuff' said:D
post #1288 of 2394 Old 06-11-2012, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Hauling that dead weight droid will build all kinds of upper body. Noomi did just fine.

Agree, I would have thought it was Hollywood cliche' if Charlize's role would have been Shaw's..

DJoel
post #1289 of 2394 Old 06-11-2012, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Horrible characters, dialog, script, pacing, etc. (Sarcasm ahead) But, if you understand some basic principles this movie is brilliant. First, we know that humans become socially inept and complete idiots through prohetic stories like Idiocracy. People are just dumb and becoming dumber. It's not their fault, it's technology's fault. We can see it unfolding before our eyes everyday as the youth can barely form a cogent sentence when face-to-face with another person. However, when they have their electroinc device in front of them they transform, like alien black goo.

Second, I hate to point this out, this movie is in the Alien vs. Predator universe. Was is not obvious the engineers created humanity to serve as eventual hosts to create xenomorphs? The original plan was create people, then drop some xenomorph stuff (who really knows how xenoes are created since the life-cycle got all jacked, beginning with Alien when the cocoon scene was edited out, and the queen in the next flick) so there would be a planet inhabited by tough xenoes. Engineers and Predators must be bestest buddies. For some reason the Engineers must've owed the Predators a favor that's why they were building them a planet of foes to fight. Sadly, the egineers phocked up, like the god of the Old Testament, and had to resort to Plan B. Oh, by the way, engineers are also dumb, like us, and have experienced the devo priciple just like earthly humans, only they are much futher down the Idiocracy road than us. Why else would the engineer start throwing punches first thing after a long nap. That engineer was likely a former porn star or wrestler (or both) when he lived on Kolob some 3 thousand years ealrier. So, they effed up and the earth never became the coolest hunting planet in the galaxy. Dissappointed Predators had to hunt people instead but got their asses handed to them by an Army dood and a cop. The Preadtors eagerly awaited the Xenoes and finally got them somehow (I couldn't finish the Alien vs Predator crap).

Ridley Scott has legitimatized all the stories told after Aliens with this POS. The man needs to retire.

eek.gif
post #1290 of 2394 Old 06-11-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCW1 View Post

Horrible characters, dialog, script, pacing, etc. (Sarcasm ahead) But, if you understand some basic principles this movie is brilliant. First, we know that humans become socially inept and complete idiots through prohetic stories like Idiocracy. People are just dumb and becoming dumber. It's not their fault, it's technology's fault. We can see it unfolding before our eyes everyday as the youth can barely form a cogent sentence when face-to-face with another person. However, when they have their electroinc device in front of them they transform, like alien black goo.
Second, I hate to point this out, this movie is in the Alien vs. Predator universe. Was is not obvious the engineers created humanity to serve as eventual hosts to create xenomorphs? The original plan was create people, then drop some xenomorph stuff (who really knows how xenoes are created since the life-cycle got all jacked, beginning with Alien when the cocoon scene was edited out, and the queen in the next flick) so there would be a planet inhabited by tough xenoes. Engineers and Predators must be bestest buddies. For some reason the Engineers must've owed the Predators a favor that's why they were building them a planet of foes to fight. Sadly, the egineers phocked up, like the god of the Old Testament, and had to resort to Plan B. Oh, by the way, engineers are also dumb, like us, and have experienced the devo priciple just like earthly humans, only they are much futher down the Idiocracy road than us. Why else would the engineer start throwing punches first thing after a long nap. That engineer was likely a former porn star or wrestler (or both) when he lived on Kolob some 3 thousand years ealrier. So, they effed up and the earth never became the coolest hunting planet in the galaxy. Dissappointed Predators had to hunt people instead but got their asses handed to them by an Army dood and a cop. The Preadtors eagerly awaited the Xenoes and finally got them somehow (I couldn't finish the Alien vs Predator crap).
Ridley Scott has legitimatized all the stories told after Aliens with this POS. The man needs to retire.
eek.gif
Shaw and David are actually on their way to create Predators with the black goo and a time warp.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
Alien Blu Ray , Prometheus , Blu Ray Movies , Alien Vs Predator Blu Ray
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page